What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 
Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there. The thing I remember was him helping up then hugging a Seahawk's linebacker after a run. lol  The guy is definitely a mental midget.

I'm not saying Christine Michael won't succeed, but what I am saying is that given his small sample size there hasn't been anything about him that stands out, especially when he was with the Cowboys and not a whole lot with the Seahawks either.  However, Rawls looked fantastic last year before he got hurt.  I only have them in one league and I own all of the Seattle RBs, so I don't care which one looks elite ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's necessarily true. Rawls was playing with an improved Wilson, and the Seattle O-line has been in constant flux for years. In fact, all five starting positions have changed at the start of this year. Seattle management is purposefully going the cheap route on the O-line so that they can invest in other position groups. I'm not surprised to see this happening around the league with other teams too. 
When Lynch went down Rawls took over the same backfield and outproduced Lynch. Yeah there may have been some moving parts as there always is, but it's not like these guys were in two completely different situations as RBs on different teams would be.

Again, not saying I think he'll be better than Lynch but it's definitely impressive IMO.

Lots of thick rhetoric going on here.  

There's enough skepticism on every back here to think it can go from a complete split to someone taking a majority (70%) of the carries.  We just really don't have enough information on either back to make definitive statements.  

Lots of thick rhetoric going on here.  

There's enough skepticism on every back here to think it can go from a complete split to someone taking a majority (70%) of the carries.  We just really don't have enough information on either back to make definitive statements.  
We have more information on Rawls' track record than we do Michael's.  We've seen Rawls run wild (in-season), but haven't seen much from Michael......yet.

Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there. The thing I remember was him helping up then hugging a Seahawk's linebacker after a run. lol  The guy is definitely a mental midget.
Well he also hardly got any chances because he could not beat out a largely depleted backfield aside from McFadden. He got yelled at in practice and was told to take a break at one point. Mental stuff can be fixed so maybe that's happening.

We have more information on Rawls' track record than we do Michael's.  We've seen Rawls run wild (in-season), but haven't seen much from Michael......yet.
Rawls has like 50 more carries than C-Mike. He's done better with his carries though. C-Mike hasn't done bad running the ball though. 

Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there.
That didn't stop McFadden from averaging 4.6 YPC  last year.

Rawls is an ascendant talent. If he can get and stay healthy will be the RB to own, I'm targeting him as a buy low.

His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 
You just went from one extreme to another.

"His failure on the field was clear to see"   ---->   " I didn't see anything that screamed elite"

WTF? Can you point to something you witnessed on the field that he did poorly, or are you going to bounce back and forth between two extremes? Perhaps he's somewhere in the middle? 

For the record, I think Rawls is the play here, but it doesn't mean that Michael isn't a talented player and won't succeed given the right scenario. There are lots of talented players just waiting for the right opportunity. To write off Michael completely would be a mistake IMO. 

i know a guy, that knows a guy..... who is a close friend of Rawls and played HS football with him.  He said he literally blew up every single part of his ankle humanly possible. I really expect it be a lost year for Rawls.  He's going to be way behind and rusty upon his return.  This is a golden chance for Michael/Collins to gain some headway.  I'm staying away from Rawls in all leagues.  The timetable on his ankle backs up the information I got.  

Rawls broke his ankle,he most likely will not be the same runner he was for a while. Players tend to change the way they run,cut etc..., It's always in the back of their minds with an injury like that. I won't have any faith in Rawls until I see him run the way he did last year...Some players like CMike take a while to develop.and to figure 'IT" out. He might have finally done just that. If CMike has a huge game against the Dolphins,I don't see Carrol messing with the starting RB situation and he will remain the starter until he messes up(a couple fumbles) or gets hurt. If it ain't broke,why try and fix whats working. 

Rawls broke his ankle,he most likely will not be the same runner he was for a while. Players tend to change the way they run,cut etc..., It's always in the back of their minds with an injury like that. I won't have any faith in Rawls until I see him run the way he did last year...Some players like CMike take a while to develop.and to figure 'IT" out. He might have finally done just that. If CMike has a huge game against the Dolphins,I don't see Carrol messing with the starting RB situation and he will remain the starter until he messes up(a couple fumbles) or gets hurt. If it ain't broke,why try and fix whats working. 
Welcome to FBG. Feel free to post more :thumbup:

I own Rawls (last year and now) and I don't own CMike (but have in the past). I have no idea why cmike has failed in the past, but that is the past. He's on the team and he's definitely getting carries. Us Rawls owners can want to think this will all work out, but we have to be real about this after a couple weeks. I'd would throw this into the "not ideal" bucket, and I'm starting to wonder what my mid season rb situation looks like. 

From rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Thomas Rawls (ankle) will be on a snap count Week 1 against the Dolphins.
Carroll continued to say that Week 1 will basically be treated as the second preseason game for Rawls. If so, we wouldn't expect to see Rawls play more than 15 snaps. He might get 4-6 carries, but the rest should go to Christine Michael. Rawls is still probably two weeks away from full health.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: The game script and the fact that Rawls is going to be very limited seems to suggest this is a plus spot for Christine Michael. The Seahawks are one of the biggest Week 1 favorites and figure to be relying heavily on the run later in the game, so 20 total touches isn't an unreasonable expectation if this game plays out as expected. Miami does boast one of the best defensive lines in the league which keeps Michael's floor fairly low, but he's still a fine GPP target at an appealing price tag. Sep 7 - 3:53 PM

Source: Sheil Kapadia on Twitter

Starting over Rawls, Foster, Woodhead, Blount in one league.

Starting over Rawls, Hyde, Yeldon, Duke, Stewart, Demaryius in one league.

Benched for Deangelo, Ware, Watkins, Evans in one league.

Bump.  Anymore thoughts about him today? People starting him? Benching him? Just curious.
Starting him where I have him.

Also rolling with him in DFS.

I've come this far. Might as well sink or swim with him.

I think he's a good player and the Dolphins are not a good team. My only concern is that Carroll has been sandbagging it with Rawls, but I really think there are a lot of of reason to believe Michael has a chance for a big day this afternoon.

I've also got him all over the place on dfs.  Him plus ware, plus Carson leaves a lot of loot for top tier players across the board.

I've got Rawls in 2 leagues. I'm sitting him in both. Prepare yourselves for a huge day from Rawls and irrelevancy from Michael.

I've got Rawls in 2 leagues. I'm sitting him in both. Prepare yourselves for a huge day from Rawls and irrelevancy from Michael.
So torn. That is my gut feeling. That it's been total Carroll rope-a-dope and Rawls explodes. I'm monitoring up to kick off. Got a MASSIVE seattle homer buddy who will give me updates

Rawls is the better talent and practiced on Friday. I'd go with Michaels over Rawls for today or just avoid the situation if there's a better option. Neither is on my team. I considered picking up Michael and dropping  Ajaiyi but I don't have any long term confidence in the talent of Michael so I went with the known talent of Alfred Morris backing up Zeke. Morris will have a role even with Zeke, has known talent, playing behind great OL and is the known handcuff if Zeke goes down. 

Not really the game I was hoping for, but not a terrible performance either. If you swapped his stat line with Rawls's, this thread would be full of trolls saying how bad he is and that he's finished, etc, etc. There was probably more good than bad from him today though. What's encouraging for me is that he ran well, converted a critical 4th-and-1 in the fourth quarter, and was in for all the snaps in the final drive with the game on the line. On the other hand, he had a few semi bone-headed moments as well, missing a possible reception by not paying attention and then leaving his feet awkwardly on his red zone attempt.

That last goal line carry could have totally changed how his performance was viewed. Definitely disappointing from a fantasy perspective, although I thought he ran well. 

That last goal line carry could have totally changed how his performance was viewed. Definitely disappointing from a fantasy perspective, although I thought he ran well. 
He ran well. But I think Rawls is their lead dog going forward from here. Like he should be. 

He ran well. But I think Rawls is their lead dog going forward from here. Like he should be. 
I agree but not if Rawls keeps getting out played.......PC will play the guy playing better. Today that was CM. He still hasn't pushed Rawls out of the way but he is going to keep getting carries to show if he's better or not.

If I'm Carrol I look at Cmike 15-66 with a 4.4 ypc compared to Rawls with a 12-32 with a 2.7 ypc and think to myself. Who deserves more touches next week.I think it's a no brainer! Rawls is supposedly back to being in pretty good shape.So if after next week or 2,if Cmike has puts up a much better ypc as he did Today,I don't see Carroll switching back to Rawls just because he was good last year before the ankle injury.It's what happens on the field now that counts,and Rawls looked horrible Today IMO.RB's loose their starting job all the time.Why is this any different,b/c Cmike fooled us all in the past. He's a later bloomer...If someone tried trading me Rawls for Cmike, I would turn it down. But that's just me,bc I truly believe Cmike looks like a different runner than he was a year ago.I think Carrol knows now that this is the player they were hoping for when they drafted him a couple years ago..But realistically I see the backfield as a timeshare prob 60/40 spilt...just like whats happening in Atlanta with Coleman and Freeman...

I guess we watched different games. Rawls lost the "lead dog" status today. Michael is clearly the better back.  When game counted most it was Michael out there, not Rawls.  It might take a couple more weeks of Michael out producing Rawls before we see him get the lions share. Until then stat line most likely looks like it did today.

I guess we watched different games. Rawls lost the "lead dog" status today. Michael is clearly the better back.  When game counted most it was Michael out there, not Rawls.  It might take a couple more weeks of Michael out producing Rawls before we see him get the lions share. Until then stat line most likely looks like it did today.
OK man. We shall see. And for the record. I don't own either. Purely unbiased opinion.

So far this year, like last year, CMike continues to be one of the most polarizing players we've seen on our threads in the last few years.  I think we'll know a lot more in 2 or 3 weeks about how both RBs will be used.  

Billy Ball Thorton said:
I don't own either, but I watched every snap of every Seattle game since 1981. I think I have a feel for what's going on with this team.

I'm telling you you're wrong. If Rawls is healthy he will lead the Seahawks in carries. Every indication from the coaches backs this up. Everything we're seeing backs this up. Further, I'm wondering if you "watched" the game. Did you see Michael fall asleep and have a pass hit him in the shoulder when Wilson was under pressure? Did you see Rawls finishing runs? Rawls is the man going forward. Michael will get carries, and I'm happy about that. 

Chew on this: 

Michael was in game for 52 snaps. Got 15 carries and 2 receptions.
Rawls was in game for 22 snaps. Got 12 carries and 3 receptions. 

Michael got 2 more touches in 30 more snaps. Rawls is the man in Seattle when fully healthy. Coach Pete said this last week that this game was sort of like preseason week 2 for Rawls. 

I don't own either, but I watched every snap of every Seattle game since 1981. I think I have a feel for what's going on with this team.

I'm telling you you're wrong. If Rawls is healthy he will lead the Seahawks in carries. Every indication from the coaches backs this up. Everything we're seeing backs this up. Further, I'm wondering if you "watched" the game. Did you see Michael fall asleep and have a pass hit him in the shoulder when Wilson was under pressure? Did you see Rawls finishing runs? Rawls is the man going forward. Michael will get carries, and I'm happy about that. 

Chew on this: 

Michael was in game for 52 snaps. Got 15 carries and 2 receptions.
Rawls was in game for 22 snaps. Got 12 carries and 3 receptions. 

Michael got 2 more touches in 30 more snaps. Rawls is the man in Seattle when fully healthy. Coach Pete said this last week that this game was sort of like preseason week 2 for Rawls. 
:goodposting:

Agree 100%.

The fact that Michael was clearly "the man" at RB on the last drive punches some holes in that narrative.

On the other hand, it seems clear that forcing him the ball wasn't a priority for Seattle.

Users who are viewing this thread