Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rickyg said:

At this pt I'm thinking this is a very similar situation to what's happening in kc RT now.  We all know Charles is the starter but ware will get some time to showcase his talents until Charles is 100%

same with Rawls and michael.  I think michael has a chance to push this into more of an RBbc though then previously thought.  All depends on what he does week 1.if he shines, Rawls owners will be sharing in their pants and it's a good time to trade for him. 

The big difference is that, when healthy, Charles is obviously more talented than Ware (or West or Davis).

Rawls is not obviously more talented than Michael (or Prosise or even Collins).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My God. How awful of a locker room presence do you have to be when the team decides you're more of a distraction than Greg Hardy?

Probably signed him so that they could get a read on Cowboys offensive play signals. Unfortunately Michael doesn't know them.

Hey guys the shtick was okay for awhile but it's not really that funny and defeats the purpose of actually trying to have a thread related to player news and information. If we had a Michael thread a

13 minutes ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The big difference is that, when healthy, Charles is obviously more talented than Ware (or West or Davis).

Rawls is not obviously more talented than Michael (or Prosise or even Collins).

Exactly. Charles was the best RB in the league last year before he tore his ACL. Ware and West did an admirable job filling in, but neither one is elite like Charles.

Rawls was a good RB last year, but he's not an elite back. Guys his talent level lose their jobs all the time. It's a mistake to stand firm on the belief that just because as guy was a starter last year, that he will remain the starter this year.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Exactly. Charles was the best RB in the league last year before he tore his ACL. Ware and West did an admirable job filling in, but neither one is elite like Charles.

Rawls was a good RB last year, but he's not an elite back. Guys his talent level lose their jobs all the time. It's a mistake to stand firm on the belief that just because as guy was a starter last year, that he will remain the starter this year.

Rawls is every bit elite as Michael is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

The big difference is that, when healthy, Charles is obviously more talented than Ware (or West or Davis).

Rawls is not obviously more talented than Michael (or Prosise or even Collins).

A year ago, Rawls was obviously better.  Rawls was tearing #### up and CMIke couldn't hang with RB desperate rosters.  Now, Rawls is recovering from an awful injury and CMIke is tearing #### up....

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BigSteelThrill said:

It was Rawls who literally made Michaels expendable last year. 

I would say that Michael made himself expendable last year. Not only could he not beat out Rawls, but he also couldn't beat out Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle. The year before that, he couldn't beat out Robert Turbin.

None of that had much to do with talent, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maurile Tremblay said:

I would say that Michael made himself expendable last year. Not only could he not beat out Rawls, but he also couldn't beat out Darren McFadden or Joseph Randle. The year before that, he couldn't beat out Robert Turbin.

None of that had much to do with talent, though.

Well Spencer Ware left the team before Michael... so I'll just disagree with you on that point of emphasis.  It was Rawls. Literally.

Link to post
Share on other sites

While Michael has not lived up to his unreasonable hype, some people are acting like Rawls is Marshawn Lynch. He is a 2nd year undrafted RB coming off an injury, Michael is nothing special either but he can easily beat out Rawls in this situation. Do not lose your head here thinking Rawls is other worldly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WheelsUp said:

While Michael has not lived up to his unreasonable hype, some people are acting like Rawls is Marshawn Lynch. He is a 2nd year undrafted RB coming off an injury, Michael is nothing special either but he can easily beat out Rawls in this situation. Do not lose your head here thinking Rawls is other worldly.

Now, I'm not going to go so far as to say that he will have a career like Lynch but some food for thought:

Thomas Rawls ran for over 160 yards twice last year.

Which is two more times than Marshawn Lynch EVER ran for over 160 yards in a game, in his entire career.

And yes, they were playing on the same team behind the same line.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Sorry to disagree but his failure on the field was clear to see.

 

Could you expand on this? Was he slow to the hole? Miss picking up blitzes? In what way was he a failure on the field? It seems like you're just being dismissive here and not really wanting to look at what's been going on with his career to this point. Is that why you felt the need to apologize? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Skoo said:

And yes, they were playing on the same team behind the same line.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Rawls was playing with an improved Wilson, and the Seattle O-line has been in constant flux for years. In fact, all five starting positions have changed at the start of this year. Seattle management is purposefully going the cheap route on the O-line so that they can invest in other position groups. I'm not surprised to see this happening around the league with other teams too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hooper31 said:

 

Could you expand on this? Was he slow to the hole? Miss picking up blitzes? In what way was he a failure on the field? It seems like you're just being dismissive here and not really wanting to look at what's been going on with his career to this point. Is that why you felt the need to apologize? 

His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JohnnyU said:

His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 

Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there. The thing I remember was him helping up then hugging a Seahawk's linebacker after a run. lol  The guy is definitely a mental midget.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying Christine Michael won't succeed, but what I am saying is that given his small sample size there hasn't been anything about him that stands out, especially when he was with the Cowboys and not a whole lot with the Seahawks either.  However, Rawls looked fantastic last year before he got hurt.  I only have them in one league and I own all of the Seattle RBs, so I don't care which one looks elite ;)

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hooper31 said:

I don't think that's necessarily true. Rawls was playing with an improved Wilson, and the Seattle O-line has been in constant flux for years. In fact, all five starting positions have changed at the start of this year. Seattle management is purposefully going the cheap route on the O-line so that they can invest in other position groups. I'm not surprised to see this happening around the league with other teams too. 

When Lynch went down Rawls took over the same backfield and outproduced Lynch. Yeah there may have been some moving parts as there always is, but it's not like these guys were in two completely different situations as RBs on different teams would be.

Again, not saying I think he'll be better than Lynch but it's definitely impressive IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of thick rhetoric going on here.  

There's enough skepticism on every back here to think it can go from a complete split to someone taking a majority (70%) of the carries.  We just really don't have enough information on either back to make definitive statements.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, biju said:

Lots of thick rhetoric going on here.  

There's enough skepticism on every back here to think it can go from a complete split to someone taking a majority (70%) of the carries.  We just really don't have enough information on either back to make definitive statements.  

We have more information on Rawls' track record than we do Michael's.  We've seen Rawls run wild (in-season), but haven't seen much from Michael......yet.

Edited by JohnnyU
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there. The thing I remember was him helping up then hugging a Seahawk's linebacker after a run. lol  The guy is definitely a mental midget.

Well he also hardly got any chances because he could not beat out a largely depleted backfield aside from McFadden. He got yelled at in practice and was told to take a break at one point. Mental stuff can be fixed so maybe that's happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

We have more information on Rawls' track record than we do Michael's.  We've seen Rawls run wild (in-season), but haven't seen much from Michael......yet.

Rawls has like 50 more carries than C-Mike. He's done better with his carries though. C-Mike hasn't done bad running the ball though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JuniorNB said:

Dallas was facing an 8 man front most of the year with fish like Brandon Weeden back there.

That didn't stop McFadden from averaging 4.6 YPC  last year.

 

Rawls is an ascendant talent. If he can get and stay healthy will be the RB to own, I'm targeting him as a buy low.

Edited by GreenNGold
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

His sample size is small but he still hasn't scored an NFL TD to my recollection and looked terrible when he played for the Cowboys briefly.  I certainly didn't see anything that screamed elite. 

You just went from one extreme to another.

"His failure on the field was clear to see"   ---->   " I didn't see anything that screamed elite"

WTF? Can you point to something you witnessed on the field that he did poorly, or are you going to bounce back and forth between two extremes? Perhaps he's somewhere in the middle? 

For the record, I think Rawls is the play here, but it doesn't mean that Michael isn't a talented player and won't succeed given the right scenario. There are lots of talented players just waiting for the right opportunity. To write off Michael completely would be a mistake IMO. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i know a guy, that knows a guy..... who is a close friend of Rawls and played HS football with him.  He said he literally blew up every single part of his ankle humanly possible. I really expect it be a lost year for Rawls.  He's going to be way behind and rusty upon his return.  This is a golden chance for Michael/Collins to gain some headway.  I'm staying away from Rawls in all leagues.  The timetable on his ankle backs up the information I got.  

Edited by LOCO
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rawls broke his ankle,he most likely will not be the same runner he was for a while. Players tend to change the way they run,cut etc..., It's always in the back of their minds with an injury like that. I won't have any faith in Rawls until I see him run the way he did last year...Some players like CMike take a while to develop.and to figure 'IT" out. He might have finally done just that. If CMike has a huge game against the Dolphins,I don't see Carrol messing with the starting RB situation and he will remain the starter until he messes up(a couple fumbles) or gets hurt. If it ain't broke,why try and fix whats working. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crystalsteam99 said:

Rawls broke his ankle,he most likely will not be the same runner he was for a while. Players tend to change the way they run,cut etc..., It's always in the back of their minds with an injury like that. I won't have any faith in Rawls until I see him run the way he did last year...Some players like CMike take a while to develop.and to figure 'IT" out. He might have finally done just that. If CMike has a huge game against the Dolphins,I don't see Carrol messing with the starting RB situation and he will remain the starter until he messes up(a couple fumbles) or gets hurt. If it ain't broke,why try and fix whats working. 

Welcome to FBG. Feel free to post more :thumbup:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I own Rawls (last year and now) and I don't own CMike (but have in the past). I have no idea why cmike has failed in the past, but that is the past. He's on the team and he's definitely getting carries. Us Rawls owners can want to think this will all work out, but we have to be real about this after a couple weeks. I'd would throw this into the "not ideal" bucket, and I'm starting to wonder what my mid season rb situation looks like. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

From rotoworld:

Coach Pete Carroll confirmed Thomas Rawls (ankle) will be on a snap count Week 1 against the Dolphins.
Carroll continued to say that Week 1 will basically be treated as the second preseason game for Rawls. If so, we wouldn't expect to see Rawls play more than 15 snaps. He might get 4-6 carries, but the rest should go to Christine Michael. Rawls is still probably two weeks away from full health.

RotoGrinders.com Daily Slant: The game script and the fact that Rawls is going to be very limited seems to suggest this is a plus spot for Christine Michael. The Seahawks are one of the biggest Week 1 favorites and figure to be relying heavily on the run later in the game, so 20 total touches isn't an unreasonable expectation if this game plays out as expected. Miami does boast one of the best defensive lines in the league which keeps Michael's floor fairly low, but he's still a fine GPP target at an appealing price tag. Sep 7 - 3:53 PM
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ketamine Dreams said:

Bump.  Anymore thoughts about him today? People starting him? Benching him? Just curious.

Starting him where I have him.


Also rolling with him in DFS.

 

I've come this far. Might as well sink or swim with him.

 

I think he's a good player and the Dolphins are not a good team. My only concern is that Carroll has been sandbagging it with Rawls, but I really think there are a lot of of reason to believe Michael has a chance for a big day this afternoon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gr00vus said:

I've got Rawls in 2 leagues. I'm sitting him in both. Prepare yourselves for a huge day from Rawls and irrelevancy from Michael.

So torn. That is my gut feeling. That it's been total Carroll rope-a-dope and Rawls explodes. I'm monitoring up to kick off. Got a MASSIVE seattle homer buddy who will give me updates

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rawls is the better talent and practiced on Friday. I'd go with Michaels over Rawls for today or just avoid the situation if there's a better option. Neither is on my team. I considered picking up Michael and dropping  Ajaiyi but I don't have any long term confidence in the talent of Michael so I went with the known talent of Alfred Morris backing up Zeke. Morris will have a role even with Zeke, has known talent, playing behind great OL and is the known handcuff if Zeke goes down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...