What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (3 Viewers)

Not to be Johnny Negative over here, but watch this be the week Russell Wilson blows up, and C.J. Prosise takes more work than expected, and Michael has another good NFL game but is meh fantasy wise. Something like 15-75.

Not to be Johnny Negative over here, but watch this be the week Russell Wilson blows up, and C.J. Prosise takes more work than expected, and Michael has another good NFL game but is meh fantasy wise. Something like 15-75.
This is very likely to happen. If only for how snake bit Michael and fantasy owners have been over the years. Can't argue he looks great though and if only the stars really do align. One can hope. 

Although he remains a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a riddle, one thing that's been consistent about Michael since his very first carries is that he almost always puts up a good YPC. Coaches have almost never seemed to trust him with carries, but...when he actually does get carries, he usually produces good yardage. I hope he actually gets a good workload tomorrow and that this doesn't go down as just another tease moment in his career.

I was offered C-Mike and McKinnon for my 2017 1st (late unless I really turd the bed) in a 12-team dynasty. I tried to tell myself he has a chance to keep the job as I ran to the accept button. I do think there is a shot

I was offered C-Mike and McKinnon for my 2017 1st (late unless I really turd the bed) in a 12-team dynasty. I tried to tell myself he has a chance to keep the job as I ran to the accept button. I do think there is a shot
Seems fair. You get a couple of guys with opportunity this year who used to be up-and-comers but the shine has worn off. You give up one up and comer whose shine hasn't worn off.

Although he remains a mystery wrapped in an enigma inside a riddle, one thing that's been consistent about Michael since his very first carries is that he almost always puts up a good YPC. Coaches have almost never seemed to trust him with carries, but...when he actually does get carries, he usually produces good yardage. I hope he actually gets a good workload tomorrow and that this doesn't go down as just another tease moment in his career.
Seriously, if he doesn't do it today, with a golden opportunity, hurt Rawls, at home against the 49ers, after he purportedly turned the corner in his maturity, he will never do it.

Seriously, if he doesn't do it today, with a golden opportunity, hurt Rawls, at home against the 49ers, after he purportedly turned the corner in his maturity, he will never do it.
If I had a  :banned: for every time we've said this about this guy I'd be perpetually :hangover:

This has to be the week. He's getting all kinds of work. He's got to protect the football but he's in for a huge workload. 

Start Cmike over Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry or Mike Evans? Right now he's on the bench but I am really on the fence here
I would definitely do it over the first 2.  Not sure that I could do it over Evans, getting targeted non-stop and LA coming across the country.

Currently debating CMike vs. Gordon.

I can understand how this all looks to guys that haven't really watched either player much. Its an easy trap to see box scores and draw conclusions. I've watched them both a ton as Seahawks and have opinions, but regardless of my opinion it's the coaching staff that's going to determine touches. Carroll and company have been very consistent through the years with their interviews. Better player is going to get the touches and reps. Again, listen to Bevell. Listen to Carroll. Don't take my word for it. They have consistently sat high price players and high draft picks in favor of undrafted free agents. 

All this said, here's my opinion:

If Rawls is healthy, he's the guy. Punishing runner in the same vein as Lynch. Finishes runs with great effort and determination. Saw this twice in week one. Didn't see it all last week largely because he was getting hit in the backfield. He quite literally had nowhere to go. So am I telling you that Michael had better opportunities? Yes. When Michael got the ball there were holes that weren't there for Rawls. It happens. Consider the sample size. I'm not saying Michael isn't talented. He's explosive. Quick to the hole. However, my gut tells me that Michael is still a ten-cent head, and that won't sell with the coaches in the long run. I've never sat down and had a conversation with Michael. Would love to, but this is the limited information we have to deal with.

Health for Rawls? Who knows? I don't. How's the ankle? Contusion from getting kicked last week? Fortunately I don't own either in a fantasy scenario, but I follow the team closely and figured I would share my two cents. I'd be thrilled to see either player have a huge season if it means the team keeps winning. Both play well? Even better, but if healthy I still think Rawls is the guy. My gut tells me that Rawls has more character and leadership. This is an emotional game and it matters in football. Carroll and Bevel get this and its a big part of why the team has had so much success as of late. 

Apologies my fantasy brethren. Wish I could report something more definitive. 

EDIT: Forgot to add.... If Michael has a huge game my opinion won't change. Reminds of when Shaun Alexander had huge games when Ricky Watters got hurt. Folks assumed that Watters was done and it was Alexander's time. When healthy Holmgren put Watters back on the field. I could see the same thing happening here. Might really suck for fantasy owners. 

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Forgot to add.... If Michael has a huge game my opinion won't change. Reminds of when Shaun Alexander had huge games when Ricky Watters got hurt. Folks assumed that Watters was done and it was Alexander's time. When healthy Holmgren put Watters back on the field. I could see the same thing happening here. Might really suck for fantasy owners. 
This is what I was going to ask until seeing the last paragraph.  What if Michael has a good game (meaning in all facets, not just big runs) and Rawls' injury issues continue lingering through next week.  Is there not a conceivable scenario in which Michael can supplant him? 

This is what I was going to ask until seeing the last paragraph.  What if Michael has a good game (meaning in all facets, not just big runs) and Rawls' injury issues continue lingering through next week.  Is there not a conceivable scenario in which Michael can supplant him? 
I could totally see that happening. If Rawls injuries persist I hope Michael heads to the Pro-Bowl. 

The problem for Rawls is that he looked like he was running in a pool when he was on the field.  Even before this (alleged) shin bruise I don't think he was right.

Showed quick acceleration on several first half runs, but was really boom or bust depending on O line was giving him. 

There is no reason to ever give the reins back to Rawls.  He looks totally sluggish in comparison.  And don't give me the garbage that he was still hurt.

Ill take a guy that can at least go boom when provided the chance. 
No doubt. Not surprised to see Michael have a big game today. Like I said before, if Rawls is healthy I still expect him to get the starting role again. He's shown the same ability to hit the hole hard as well. I don't think he has the same speed as Michael, but he certainly has the diesel engine that Michael doesn't. Glad to see my team throttle a weaker opponent. Now just hope that Wilson is okay after that weird knee bend. 

I have c Mike in my dyno league but I made the absolutely  idiotic move of dropping him before week 2 after carol reiterated that Rawls was the starter. 

In my mind I was like "here we go again with c Mike.   Potential never realized.  Not gonna waste a roster spot on this guy like last year".  

Then rawls gets injured.   And today c Mike explodes on another team in my league.  Agahagahagahgahagatjcnronfi!!!!

lol 

I have c Mike in my dyno league but I made the absolutely  idiotic move of dropping him before week 2 after carol reiterated that Rawls was the starter. 

In my mind I was like "here we go again with c Mike.   Potential never realized.  Not gonna waste a roster spot on this guy like last year".  

Then rawls gets injured.   And today c Mike explodes on another team in my league.  Agahagahagahgahagatjcnronfi!!!!

lol 
I did the same thing due to my league having a somewhat short bench (we start 14 positions & have a bench of 7). Luckily Michael went unclaimed (I held him all last year and he did nothing so I'm sure they felt the same way I did about Rawls taking over). I decided to drop my IDP player for him, leaving me with no IDP guy to start. My thought process was that if the game was close I would cut someone I really didn't want to for a IDP guy on MNF.

I ended up starting Michael after thinking about it and glad I did.

Before Sunday's games I was trying to sell Crowell now that Hessler was taking over. I sent him to the Duke Johnson owner in exchange for Rawls straight up. I'm sure those who drafted Rawls pretty early may be willing to consider moving him for pennies on the dollar if anybody who owns CMike wants the handcuff in case Carroll decides to go with a RBBC or still give Rawls the job.

At this point, I'm not sure why Carroll wouldn't give reigns primarily to Cmike, even when Rawls gets healthier.  Cmike has earned the starting job at this point and unless it's clear that the run game would be better with a RBBC (with a healthy Rawls), why fix what isn't broken?

Users who are viewing this thread