What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michael Volume 3: Inevitable Greatness Soon Achieved (5 Viewers)

The haters shut down the original Christine Michael thread ... There was nothing stopping him from being a top 5 NFL RB besides the lack of opportunity. 

2013 - 4.4 YPC

2014 - 5.1 YPC

2015 - 4.5 YPC

Michael is on track for 1,300 all purpose yards and 13 TD's. (in 2016)    I doubt he is back with the Seahawks ...
I will have to admit that you were half right on the bolded, It's highly doubtful Michael is back with the Seahawks next year, but after 6 games as the starter, care to adjust your projections for 2016? He has fallen below 4 ypc as the starter over 6 games (87 carries for 321 yards for 3.7 ypc), and his carries are trending down the past month (18,16,10,5).

Are you in the Rawls thread or in the Cristine Michael thread?  Michael will continue to perform this year and, at BEST, Rawls will eat into Michael's carries late in the season.  I know you feel his 7 carries for -7 yards should earn him an automatic start when his leg heals because you own him on your fantasy team, but as I said in my post above, that is not how the NFL works.

The good news is that there is half the season left to play and coaches make the decision, not you or me.  Just sit back, relax, keep Rawls on your bench and watch Michael run.
I admit you were right again, Rawls didn't and won;t affect Michael's output. I could see him producing like he did last night even *after* Rawls comes back. I have to admit I was wrong on when I said that Rawls would affect Michael's numbers when he comes back. It seems Prosise was the guy who had 4 touches to Michael's 5 for the most recent game. I am confident Michael could have easily doubled or even tripled his rushing yards total last night if Prosise was not active (as in previous weeks), but won't you at least admit that it shows a lack of trust in Michael when the rookie Prosise is trusted with clock killing duty over the 5 year vet?

I also agree its good news that the coaches make the decision, not you or me. I did sit back, relax and watched Michael run for 1 total yard last night, and while it may not seem like a lot ... I must admit that he did look like he was shot out of cannon on those 5 carries. Usually I don't use one game sample sizes to make conclusions on players like you did with Rawls, especially when they leave the game with a multi-week injury, but you did use a one game sample size for your argument against Rawls (omitting his 2015 season stats). So what are your thoughts on this one game sample size form Michael? Michael didn't get hurt, right? Did he leave the game with injury like the Rawls game you pointed to so confidently?

I think this teams needs a guy that can create on his own, has shown patience and tackle breaking ability, a guy that doesn't trip over himself in the open field, untouched like Michael did last week, leaving huge yards on the table. The SEA line is very bad. Although Michael averaged 3.6 ypc behind the best rushing line in the NFL last year (Dallas), he is only averaging 3.7 as the starter for SEA this year. As we have learned so many times in the past, coming in as a backup and stat compiling vs a tired defenses is a totally different metric than putting up good stats as the starter. Rawls has actually started games and been effective with this offense, which is why when healthy he is a better option, but you were right about so many things above and its now obvious that I just don't know how the NFL works. Thank you for explaining it all to me. :P

Maybe 8 running plays is a product of neither Michael nor Prosise being capable of delivering the intensity and physicality they say they want.

If Rawls gives them that, then maybe the run plays increase accordingly.
As one who strongly believes in a balanced offense, I sincerely hope you are right.  :)

Questionable (hamstring) for Sunday per shefter
Christine Michael (hamstring) is listed as questionable for Week 10.
Michael is a late addition to the injury report after a limited Friday practice. It's possible he'll be a game-time decision, putting him in a tough spot with Seattle playing on Sunday night. Coming off a one-yard game and now dealing with a hamstring issue, Michael should be downgraded in what projects as a pass-heavy gamescript against New England. Owners can handcuff C-Mike with C.J. Prosise.

Source: Stephen Cohen on Twitter
Nov 11 - 5:42 PM

Thomas Rawls - RB - Seahawks

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Thomas Rawls (fibula) "really has a chance" to return next week.
"He looked fast and confident making his breaks. It was a good week for Thomas coming back. You couldn't see anything that was bothering him," said Carroll. Rawls is out for Sunday night's game, but all signs continue to point at him returning next week. With Christine Michael slumping, Rawls could lead Seattle's Week 11 backfield.

Source: Sheil Kapadia on Twitter
Nov 11 - 6:01 PM

Oh how the mighty have fallen ... like he fell right out of a cannon
A little bad company seems fitting here:

Johnny made a record, Went straight up to number one,

Suddenly everyone loved to hear him sing the song.
Watching the world go by, surprising it goes so fast.
Johnny looked around him and said, 'Well, I made the big time at last'.

Don't you know, don't you know, Don't you know that you are 
a shooting star,
Don't you know, oh, yeah, Don't you know that you are 
a shooting star, yeah,
And all the world will love you just as long, 
As long as you are, a shooting star.

Bye Christine. 

The haters shut down the original Christine Michael thread.  They have mostly disappeared this year in the Volume 2 thread, but clearly there are a few leftovers that can't help themselves.  People are allowed to change their mind and be wrong, but will they?  Before this year, the below is how Michael performed.  There was nothing stopping him from being a top 5 NFL RB besides the lack of opportunity.  Maybe this is his own fault, but in the end, no one can deny this guys talent.

2013 - 4.4 YPC

2014 - 5.1 YPC

2015 - 4.5 YPC

Michael has greatly outplayed Rawls this year.  The talent has officially shined through, not just to the Seahawks, but the the rest of the league.  The Seahawks are not going to hinge their wagon to Rawls at the end of the season.  They have a goal to win the Super Bowl and that means you play the hot hand, not the guy without "the 10 cent head" or the guy you think they "like" better.  That is not how the NFL works.  Just before breaking his leg, Rawls had 7 carries for -7 yards in game 2.  Maybe he did not prepare enough in the off-season.  Maybe he is the one with a "10 cent head" right now.  Whatever it is, the best running back on the Seahawks roster this year is Christine Michael.

I personally disagree with the "10 cent head" label.  This is not to say he is a likeable guy, but I don't see him on this list.  This only comes into play when you have a "1 cent head" like Aldon Smith, Manziel, Josh Brown or Josh Gordon.  If your off-field actions affect your day job in the NFL, then you do not deserve an opportunity.  This has no correlation to Christine Michael.  He has just not been given the necessary opportunities until this year.

Michael is on track for 1,300 all purpose yards and 13 TD's.  This is with Rawls being the week 1 and week 2 starter.  He is the 4th most expensive buy in Yahoo's weekly fantasy plays at $32.  At age 25 he is on a one year contract, so he is a free agent next season.  I doubt he is back with the Seahawks and has earned himself a decent contract on a needy team.  If he lands on a team that wants to actually hand him the ball, he will live up to the expectations many of us have had for years.
:lmao:

Michael may not be as dynamic as Prosise in the passing game, but when given the same workload that Prosise was awarded last night (17 carries), he has demonstrated an ability to produce similarly.  In all fairness to Michael, it's been clear for some time that the Seahawks coaching staff would prefer to play their rookie and pave the way for Thomas Rawls to return to the starting lineup.

When was the last time a Seattle RB touched the ball 24 times in a game?  Curious to see how the rest of season plays out for the Seattle running game, but it certainly seems that Michael is done as a key contributor. 

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW I thought Michael looked good on a few of his runs yesterday.

Prosise looked as good or better as a runner and much better as a receiver though.

Michael may not be as dynamic as Prosise in the passing game, but when given the same workload that Prosise was awarded last night (17 carries), he has demonstrated an ability to produce similarly.  In all fairness to Michael, it's been clear for some time that the Seahawks coaching staff would prefer to play their rookie and pave the way for Thomas Rawls to return to the starting lineup.

When was the last time a Seattle RB touched the ball 24 times in a game?  Curious to see how the rest of season plays out for the Seattle running game, but it certainly seems that Michael is done as a key contributor. 
Well prosise had 90 yards receiving so ok they produced similarly except for that

Well prosise had 90 yards receiving so ok they produced similarly except for that
yeah one guy got 20 points and the other got 3. Other than that ... played exactly the same. Oh and same thing last week as well. That was a tough yard Michael earned.

In my short bench league I'll likely be dumping CMike this week (hanging on to Rawls).
Yeah, if you're in redraft or have extremely short benches I can't see how anyone could hold CMike.

We have 8 bench slots and I got him for a buck at the auction, so I'm holding to see where he lands next year.  Unless there's a super clear path to him starting somewhere, he's an easy drop before next years draft/auction.

Gotta be more to the CMike story and I haven't watched enough to pretend to know. Is he a horrible blocker, does he have poor vision, etc.

Needless to say, he's a clear drop. CJP next week again, then CJP/Rawls for the playoff stretch. 

Happy I got what I got out of CMike. For where he was picked he gave great value for a handful of weeks. Far better than many of the backs picked in the first 5 rounds.

It's a shame the Packers didn't go after him instead of Knile Davis.  It would be a dream scenario to see him getting a Lacy-like number of carries.
Well he had a chance with Dallas and they cut bait on him pretty quickly. That is how he ended up back with Seattle.

There is definitely something off about his attitude or I don't know what that gets coaches looking at other options. Dallas likely had little patience after giving Joseph Randle a chance but him not listening to them either.

I think Michael has the ability to be a useful RB in the NFL. He does have a couple 100 yard rushing games when they have actually given him the ball a decent amount of times, 

His numbers as a receiver are well below average for a RB in terms of efficiency. He was spelled in college by a receiving RB as well. So he isn't a complete RB in that sense, being a below average receiving option.

I could certainly see another team such as the Packers or others giving him a chance next season. Not sure if he will take full advantage of the opportunity when presented to him however, as he has failed to do that a few times already.

Well he had a chance with Dallas and they cut bait on him pretty quickly. That is how he ended up back with Seattle.

There is definitely something off about his attitude or I don't know what that gets coaches looking at other options. Dallas likely had little patience after giving Joseph Randle a chance but him not listening to them either.

I think Michael has the ability to be a useful RB in the NFL. He does have a couple 100 yard rushing games when they have actually given him the ball a decent amount of times, 

His numbers as a receiver are well below average for a RB in terms of efficiency. He was spelled in college by a receiving RB as well. So he isn't a complete RB in that sense, being a below average receiving option.

I could certainly see another team such as the Packers or others giving him a chance next season. Not sure if he will take full advantage of the opportunity when presented to him however, as he has failed to do that a few times already.
Good post B.  Guy looks like a workhorse type back, but like you said, teams seem to tire of him quickly.  He's still young (26) and will be a free agent at the end of the year, so hopefully he ends up in a good spot with a grind it out kind of team.

Thoughts on the Hawks cutting him loose once they know Rawls is healthy? Seems like CMike might be a distraction once he falls to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.

Guy has been an enigma since he was in HS. Had a weird recruitment too as I remember it with many of the big schools backing off pretty early in the cycle.

Gotta be attitude and/or a failure to take care of the details b/c he seems like a guy who has the physical tools.

Thoughts on the Hawks cutting him loose once they know Rawls is healthy? Seems like CMike might be a distraction once he falls to 3rd or 4th on the depth chart.
And there it is, CMike is released. Thought it would happen, but not this soon.

Where to next?

Christine Michael is not a good running back. He's also insane.

I've never had a really strong opinion about him because we never had an adequate sample size to work with. I've seen enough now though, I think he's bad.
I'm thinking the insane part came into play with SEA releasing him. They probably told him he was now the 3rd string RB and he flipped his ####.

And there it is, CMike is released. Thought it would happen, but not this soon.

Where to next?
NYG?

SF? (if anything, for some intel)

DET?

or is his rep so bad that no one touches him now...waive, what, 3 times within 1 year (SEA, DAL, SEA)

I think he ran over the coaches dog or slept with someone's wife on staff. Crazy how fast that fall was.

Green Bay, Washington, Giants, 49ers all make sense...

I don't think I'm ever going to be right on this guy or Josh Gordon.  Just when I think they are going to be productive and they suck me in, they just suck instead.

Kind of feel like a jerk for saying it because he seems like a nice enough guy, but in the one interview I heard with him recently he didn't come off as very bright. 

Kind of feel like a jerk for saying it because he seems like a nice enough guy, but the one interview I heard with him recently he didn't come off as a very bright. 
That is the skinny about him, not bright and just very different.

@Touchdown There just seeing how you're doing.
I'll eat some crow here.  Clearly the Seahawks have no respect for him at all.

Guy has been an enigma since he was in HS. Had a weird recruitment too as I remember it with many of the big schools backing off pretty early in the cycle.

Gotta be attitude and/or a failure to take care of the details b/c he seems like a guy who has the physical tools.
Has to be attitude.  Coaches went out of their way to reduce his load from 18 carries a game to 10 carries three weeks back and 5 carries the last 2 weeks. 

I think he ran over the coaches dog or slept with someone's wife on staff. Crazy how fast that fall was.

Nah, it's pretty clear he's got some issues. Honestly, if he can't make it with his second chance in Seattle after already been cut by two other teams I'd pretty much throw in the towel on him. Maybe he'll get claimed but I highly doubt he ever does anything.

So is this guy droppable or do you think some team that needs rb help makes a play for him and he becomes the starter. For some reason I could see the Lions. I am a Michael owner and was going to drop him tonight with Rawls coming back(also have Rawls and Prosise), but now having second thoughts and thinking of holding to see if he gets picked up off waivers to a team where he might start. 

with as poor as the Skins, Vikings, Packers, and others running game has been this season, I find it hard to believe he won't get picked up. Not saying he's a slam dunk to become relevant again this year, but needs are out there..

Got him in 2 16 team leagues. Won't get a starter for my team off waivers by dropping him so I'll just hold for now and see if something shakes out. Had him since his rookie draft in 1 league

with as poor as the Skins, Vikings, Packers, and others running game has been this season, I find it hard to believe he won't get picked up. Not saying he's a slam dunk to become relevant again this year, but needs are out there..
This is what I was thinking. Guessing someone will grab him and his salary is dirt cheap. I saw somewhere that it's only just over $200,000 for the rest of the season to grab him off of waivers. 

####, no.  I don't want his crazy ####### ### here in GB.  I'll take losing from here on out as long as that freak doesn't end up here.

I'll eat some crow here.  Clearly the Seahawks have no respect for him at all.

Has to be attitude.  Coaches went out of their way to reduce his load from 18 carries a game to 10 carries three weeks back and 5 carries the last 2 weeks. 
Maybe he just isn't good at the RB position. It was a football decision, after all. TO was a head case, but he stayed on teams because of his talent. Clearly Christine isn't doing what he needs to on the field.

If any pro-Rawls troll in the wrong thread want to put their money where there mouth is, just PM me for a friendly wager.  When Rawls comes back, he will have a lower YPC than Michael for the remainder of the year.  Let's end the back and forth with a friendly and then just let the season play out.
How much money did you lose? You can be commended for eating crow on a major whiff on Michael, but it was more than that ... you attacked us in the bolded for having the audacity to bring up the remote possibility that Rawls could affect Michael's carries (which was in response to someone asking if Rawls would affect Michaels carries).

Rawls has already affected Michaels carries without having even one touch in a game yet, showing how much better of a player he is in practice. Think next time you call out a Troll. It was baseless. We should encourage discourse.

Users who are viewing this thread