What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty IDP: Shazier, Collins, or Bowman (1 Viewer)

JFS171

Footballguy
My 16-team dynasty only starts one IDP, though it can be a big advantage for the teams with an elite player there.

I currently have Bowman on my roster, but Collins and Shazier are on the wire and I'm wondering if I should make the move or stick with Bowman. Bowman is about 2 years older than Collins who's about 2 years older than

Our scoring is below -- it's tackle heavy, but 3 points per sack and the 4 for a forced fumble can boost the guys that get after the QB (which favors Shazier and Collins).... I don't know a ton about IDP. Would appreciate anyone's help.

Our scoring:

Tackle Solo - 2

Tackle Assist - 1

Sack - 3

Interception - 3

Fumble Force - 4

Fumble Recovery - 1

Defensive Touchdown - 6

Safety - 2

Pass Defended - 1

Block Kick - 5

Extra Point Returned - 2

Last edited by a moderator:
With only having one IDP starter it makes that spot virtually irrelevant. There are plenty of players that can fill that need that are basically equal at various positions.

This is a very tackle heavy scoring system so getting a high volume tackler would be my suggestion. Bowman is typically that player. I would stay away from Shazier only because of the injury history and why worry if your one and only IDP is gonna play or not. Not worth the hassle.

Of those listed I would probably stick with Bowman.

I agree. In tackle-heavy formats like that, you want a MLB or ILB who will chew up tackle opportunities, rather than chase the "big plays" which may happen less than once per game.

Bowman has been an elite tackle-gatherer, and seems to be back in form, on a team whose offense will leave the D on the field an awful lot.

I think you stay with Bowman easily vs. the other names you mentioned.

Users who are viewing this thread