What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel week 6 (2 Viewers)

Is everyone still trotting out Dion in cash or are ppl nervous about the abdomen thing?
I started him in all my Thursday line-ups. I think he still plays but I will probably not be putting him in my Sunday line-ups just because of the exposure I have him in Thursday games. What the heck is an abdomen injury anyway?

Here's my current Teddy lineup. Foster/Forte/Gronk? Yes, please!

Teddy Bridgewater

Matt Forte

Arian Foster

Jordan Matthews

Eric Decker

Mike Wallace

Rob Gronkowski

Stephen Gostkowski

New York Jets
I like that lineup a lot. If Wallace plays (sounds like he will) and him and Teddy hit along with rest of the guys you could make a nice jump.
The stack is actually what makes me nervous about it. Having 2 players in your lineup from the Minnesota offense, neither named Peterson, is scary. If Jeffrey and/or Royal sit, I'll most likely swap Wallace out with Marquess Wilson.

Is everyone still trotting out Dion in cash or are ppl nervous about the abdomen thing?
I took him out of all my Thursday lineups, but will have him Sunday unless worse news comes out. Not going all-in like I was inclined earlier this week though. Pretty easy to pivot off him to Lacy.

I realize Teddy has a good paper matchup and I'm not necessarily advocating Hoyer (actually, I'm pretty confident there is 0% chance I'll play him besides in one Thurs GPP). Stafford, Kaep and possibly Bortles would be the comparisons for my sake.

KC def game by game (VERY) quick analysis:

- Bears played from behind and Cutler still only amassed 250yds but got the 2 very late scores.

- Dalton threw for 1 TD and they ran for 3 TD.

- Green Bay - enough said, and probably skews the "good matchup" stats quite a bit.

- Denver never had a lead against KC until their defense won them the game under 30 sec left.

- Houston was down 27-6 in the 1st half.

What I see here is alot of teams forced to play come back football airing it out quite a bit....and Green Bay.

KC just lost no question their best offensive player and the offense didn't exactly look stout last week against the lowly Bears. Hard to see KC jumping out to another big lead. It's not hard to fathom Minnesota controlling this game and/or being low scoring.

You may have convinced me to throw Teddy in a few cash games for some diversity, but I can't see being confident enough in him to say he's my cash QB for the week. He's thrown just 2 TD this year.

I would much rather have hoyer or stafford against the bears instead of teddy.
I would need a nice sales pitch to get me to play Bridgewater this week. There are a bunch of favorable matchups for other QBs under 7k and more at the 7-7.3k range. That could be an important $100-$700 of salary in a Teddy lineup, but I think I prefer to buy up a slight a bit at QB and down a bit at another position.
I was just going to post the same stuff that karmarooster posted. KC only allows 3.9 yards per rush. I think they'll obviously game plan to try to reduce AP's effectiveness, leaving Bridgewater free to attack a very weak KC secondary.
The Chiefs are going to be without a quality run stuffer in Dontari Poe this weekend. Plus, they've faced 4 guys that I would consider starting caliber RBs.

Forte 18/71/0 5/38/1

Hill 9/40/3

Gio 13/62/1

Lacy 10/46/0 3/41/0

Those guys have averaged 4.4 yards/carry.

I think ADP is gonna get his.

There may not be Poe, but there is Jaye Howard. I dont see a drop off there. Peterson is an elite talent, he should have a decent game, but for 500-600 less I am going Foster and Forte everytime.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone seeing very little low limit contests right now? There isn't a 1pm only 5050 under $5 or a full day under $25.

Not seeing any 50/50s to enter. Typically play $2 entries but I see none from $1 through $10. May be time to withdraw if this is the new normal.

Not seeing any 50/50s to enter. Typically play $2 entries but I see none from $1 through $10. May be time to withdraw if this is the new normal.
I imagine it's just a glitch. No 50/50 under $50 right now. There was an issue with cheap doubles for Thursday games on Tuesday too. They appeared quickly enough tho.

Nice article. I saw that Bell keeps getting spit out in the most number of lineups (33/100). But per ownership articles, looks like he was ~8% Thursday. Even assuming that doubles due to Freeman not being on the slate, the values put Bell at roughly double his ownership rate. With cheaper options in better situations in Foster Forte (maybe even Peterson), are you concerned at all about him being your most highly owned RB?

Nice article. I saw that Bell keeps getting spit out in the most number of lineups (33/100). But per ownership articles, looks like he was ~8% Thursday. Even assuming that doubles due to Freeman not being on the slate, the values put Bell at roughly double his ownership rate. With cheaper options in better situations in Foster Forte (maybe even Peterson), are you concerned at all about him being your most highly owned RB?
I didn't do 100 Thursday lineups, but at FantasyDraft, I had Freeman targeted at 86%. (I only had time to construct 11 lineups, and Freeman was in 11 out of 11.) I don't think I figured out his target number at FanDuel (I didn't play any Thursday contests at FanDuel), but if we assume it was somewhere close to the FantasyDraft number -- that's a lot of space freed up for Bell to increase his number from Thursday to Sunday.

In any case, I'm using a combination of me, Dodds, and Bloom to generate the target numbers. I'm lower on Bell than Dodds or Bloom are -- so, yeah, I guess I personally think Bell should be owned less frequently than the list shows.

I'm starting to think about Andre Johnston. He finally got going last week, and he's ridiculously cheap, especially on Draft Kings. Could have value in a high scoring Patriots Colts game.

I'm starting to think about Andre Johnston. He finally got going last week, and he's ridiculously cheap, especially on Draft Kings. Could have value in a high scoring Patriots Colts game.
To me it was a perfect storm of Hasselbeck at qb and vs his old team. Maybe worth it if Hasselbeck plays, but if it is Luck i see it going back to Hilton, Monncreif, and TE.

How's this for a reverse pivot stack...from a Pats fan no less...

Luck & Hilton

Ivory

West

Aiken

Megatron

Kelce

Gostowski

Broncos

Of course I have the chalk lineup also...

Brady, Edelman, Blount, Gronk

Vereen

Boldin

Robinson

Josh Brown

Jets

Im hoping to hear some good new on Hyde before the 1pm kick offs. I REALLY want to roster him on my million maker entries but cant pull the trigger with what Im reading.

I am pivoting to full Gronk instead of a mix of Gronk/Eifert/Gates though. Fantasydouche tweeted about Gronks splits with over unders of 51 and above. He averages 3 more points, averages over a TD a game, and about 10 additional receiving yards in those games. On top of that the big spotlight, his relative lack of production recently, and the revenge factor Im expecting big things.

I've been flipping back and forth between Gronk / Edleman for my h2h lineup and that may get me on back on Gronk.

Problem is I need to find a good WR punt. Hopefully injury news in the morning will yield that.

Wilson and $5400 and Randle at $5700 are as cheap as Im going. Sanu at $5000 and Huff at $5300 are considerations for GPPs too.

Im hoping to hear some good new on Hyde before the 1pm kick offs.
I have no problem starting Hyde, but from the same game, I don't know what to do with Forsett and Allen. I think Forsett has about a 30% chance of playing, maybe a bit less, and if he sits, Allen is a great value. But if Forsett plays, I'm not sure I want to start either of those backs. And I don't think we'll know before early kickoff.

Is Buck Allen a must play in cash if we know Forsett is sitting before noon? Think it'd be too much of a risk in cash to play him if we don't know before then.

I've been flipping back and forth between Gronk / Edleman for my h2h lineup and that may get me on back on Gronk.

Problem is I need to find a good WR punt. Hopefully injury news in the morning will yield that.
My current punts (based on what we currently know) are: Huff and Aiken. Shorts is on this list as well because I tend to gravitate toward dudes playing their old teams. Waiting for tomorrow to see what to do with Wilson.

My current "what the F are you thinking?" punts are Harris and Diggs. Diggs I may leave in because he's dirt cheap but I see myself chickening out on Harris.

QB's I like:

Tom Brady. Can see Gronk and Amendola having a good game. No idea what to think of the Lewis/Blount backfield though with Lewis' abdomen injury, doesn't appear to be serious.

Not buying the Teddy Bridgewater game either. Not sold on any of his receivers coming through for him. I think this game is Adrian Peterson all the way.

Marcus Mariota. Think he has a decent outing against the Dolphins, getting Kendall Wright involved more. Justin Hunter seems to be getting more targets and is a big RZ threat, Walker is always a mismatch.

Palmer. Again. 1000 bucks lower than Brady but has better match-ups for Fitzgerald and John Brown. If the Steelers can put up a fight in this game Palmer with be QB #1 this week.

RBs I like:

Lacy. Huge disappointment so far, but at least the Chargers run defense is baaad. Rodgers doesn't have any stellar match-ups for his WRs, but it is Rodgers at Lambeau, he'll find a way to move the chains and Lacy gets in the endzone for multiple TDs.

Peterson. At home against the Chiefs who are middle of the road defending the run, and Bridgewater is capable enough to sustain drives. Chiefs are good enough team to stay in this game and make it close, they'll need to keep feeding AP.

Foster. Think he tears up the Jags just like Doug Martin did. He's a threat to catch passes too.

Duke Johnson. Should get more carries and catch more passes. This is a pure volume play because of the match-up but Duke and the o-line are good enough for me to put him in some line-ups.

WR's I like:

Fitzgerald and John Brown. Like Brown because his salary is smaller.

Maclin. Doesn't have that bad of a match-up against the Vikings CBs, getting plenty of targets, just needs to get in the endzone.

I really like Calvin Johnson IF, and that is a big if, Stafford's o-line can keep him upright and give him some time. Johnson can destroy these Bears CBs (Bears homer).

Jordan Matthews I guess? I really have no idea when he will have a good game, but I guess this is the week or it won't happen.

Hilton. Still like him over Moncrief, just dependent on Luck's play really.

Reuben Randle. Should get some targets and be able to make some plays against Byron Maxwell. Like this as a low cost option regardless if OBJ plays or not.

Ted Ginn. I dunno, I guess I think Cam Newton should have an OK game here. Like the match-up against Cary Williams, should get targets. The Seattle D is good but has not been getting sacks, and the Panthers O-line has kept Newton upright. He should be able to find Ginn in the endzone.

Alshon Jeffery if he plays a lot of snaps, big if though.

TE's I like:

Gronk.

Olsen.

Ertz. Giants are bad against tight ends but especially athletic ones. Getting some more targets.

Walker. Think Mariota has a good game and can throw a TD to this dude.

Defenses I like:

Packers

Titans

Bills

Im hoping to hear some good new on Hyde before the 1pm kick offs.
I have no problem starting Hyde, but from the same game, I don't know what to do with Forsett and Allen. I think Forsett has about a 30% chance of playing, maybe a bit less, and if he sits, Allen is a great value. But if Forsett plays, I'm not sure I want to start either of those backs. And I don't think we'll know before early kickoff.
This is exactly where I am right now, plus I have Forsett in a season-long league. I think I'm just fading Balt's run game entirely unless I get something definitive no later than 10:00 central.

Is anyone else using Mike Wallace as a punt in cash? Lac has been pretty bad against the pass and the Vikings are at home.

Anyone just get a free ticket to the millionaire maker in their email?

It's one of those "if you don't cash, you get a refund" emails.

WTF

Anyone just get the e-mail about the FD $25 millionaire maker? If you enter now and don't finish in the money, you'll get your entry fee refunded. WTF. What about the people already entered? Are they just out of luck for entering in early?

Dumb.

ETA: You would have to receive the e-mail to be eligible.

WTF

Anyone just get the e-mail about the FD $25 millionaire maker? If you enter now and don't finish in the money, you'll get your entry fee refunded. WTF. What about the people already entered? Are they just out of luck for entering in early?

Dumb.

Yeah, can't play anymore and they send me an e-mail to enter into the milly maker. :rant:

Anyone have any insight into Charcandrick West? I'm wondering about him as a GPP play at least.
Chief fan here Tenn. Went to training camp a couple times so got a good look. West is the most similar to Charles in terms of ability. He is a good receiver and has the elusive moves. To me he is quicker than Davis, however Davis is faster. West was a practice squad kid last year so has been in the system. I like him. However with Andy's playcalling sometimes forgetting abiut the run game I would pass for cash. GPP he is worth a flyer as a cheapish RB.

WTF

Dumb.

Yeah, can't play anymore and they send me an e-mail to enter into the milly maker. :rant:
Can't you cancel an entry then re-enter through the email link?

So am I missing something on this email? I enter the millionaire maker and I'm guaranteed my money back, right? It's north of my current GPP budget, but it's sort of like the ultimate overlay in terms of floor if I'm reading it right.

Anyone have any insight into Charcandrick West? I'm wondering about him as a GPP play at least.
Chief fan here Tenn. Went to training camp a couple times so got a good look. West is the most similar to Charles in terms of ability. He is a good receiver and has the elusive moves. To me he is quicker than Davis, however Davis is faster. West was a practice squad kid last year so has been in the system. I like him. However with Andy's playcalling sometimes forgetting abiut the run game I would pass for cash. GPP he is worth a flyer as a cheapish RB.
Good ole Andy. My thinking is that he could catch 6 for something like 42 pretty easily. But I would still need 50-ish on the ground to be ok in a cash game. You're exactly right though, he could get all of the carries (I know he won't) and still only rush 8 times.

So am I missing something on this email? I enter the millionaire maker and I'm guaranteed my money back, right? It's north of my current GPP budget, but it's sort of like the ultimate overlay in terms of floor if I'm reading it right.
I've never got an offer for this, but have had multiple baseball $5 entries from similar emails and they all worked out. I either cashed or got refunded.

Got the email too. Doesn't apply to earlier entries but not sure if you could cancel and re enter. It's also not clear about multi entries. I threw one at if since it's basically free!

Same boat here but I entered. Figured their trying to keep the customers happy with what amounts to a freeroll. See no downside.

Is Buck Allen a must play in cash if we know Forsett is sitting before noon? Think it'd be too much of a risk in cash to play him if we don't know before then.
Ugh, Dr Jene says Forsett is expected to play. Of course he'll only end up with 3 carries for 2 yards, but there goes a gift 5k starting RB for lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread