What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kapri Bibbs (1 Viewer)

loose circuits

Footballguy
Anything to see here? Cecil tweeted he could get a handful of carries. Seems like ultra productive in college football for the one year at CSU.

I scooped him in almost every dynasty league after I saw blurb that he git some first team work this week and manning was working with him on side.

Lottery ticket at this point, but stranger things have happened.

Bibbs was a star at Col St. He is one if three players in college history to score 30 TDs in a season, the other two being Barry Sanders and Montee Ball.

Found it. They still had him listed as a FA and the feature for hiding NFL FAs was on. Got that turned off.

Complete shot in the dark flyer. But so was CJ last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I scooped him in almost every dynasty league after I saw blurb that he git some first team work this week and manning was working with him on side.

Lottery ticket at this point, but stranger things have happened.
In Denver? Much stranger things have happened. Given the current environment the first RB who lights it up is likely to run with the job for the rest of the season...or until he gets injured.

Just picked him up in a large league with deep benches. If he does anything I'm grateful to the shark pool for bringing him up.

(RotoWire)Bibbs has been promoted from the Broncos' practice squad.

Analysis: He'll add depth at running back, and is at least worth keeping an eye on if he finds a way to take an active roster spot in Week 6 given the Broncos' struggles running the ball this season. C.J. Anderson, Ronnie Hillman, and Juwan Thompson are currently ahead of Bibbs on the depth chart.

(Article Link)

Anything to see here? Cecil tweeted he could get a handful of carries. Seems like ultra productive in college football for the one year at CSU.
Bibbs was also the fourth-string running back at CSU but, when he got his chance there, he broke the school’s single-season record for yards rushing (1,741), touchdowns (31) and points (186) in his lone season with the Rams in 2013 after playing in junior college.
His 31 touchdowns led the nation.
“I was fourth string there and I kept grinding away and grinding away. Then they gave me the opportunity and I took off with it,” Bibbs said. “This just reminds me a lot of that, you know, coming in fourth string and just grinding it out and grinding it out and grinding it out and once the opportunity comes just be ready for it.
“That’s what I’ve always been my whole life is an opportunist, and when the opportunities came to me I’ve always made great of them.”
http://www.durangoherald.com/article/20151017/SPORTS01/151019666&template=mobileart

Dropping cecil shorts for him in dynasty .. rather take a flyer on someone who may break out than someone stashed on my bench never to cracked my starting lineup

If Cecil likes him, stay away... Far away.... Cecil was in love with Hillman for about three years and then it was Ball. I don't think he's gotten a single Den RB right in the history of FBG
lol

you should call into his show on espn denver 105.5 iirc and give him some ####

ETA: stay frosty my friends

If this CJ knee 2nd opinion thing heads for the worse, Bibbs may be looking at the 2nd RB role and Devontae Booker handcuff status in a pretty run-heavy offense (or at least one that wants to be).

If this CJ knee 2nd opinion thing heads for the worse, Bibbs may be looking at the 2nd RB role and Devontae Booker handcuff status in a pretty run-heavy offense (or at least one that wants to be).
Was just about to ask who next man would be in the Booker thread.  Thanks..

If something happened to Booker, does this guy have the talent to be a FF force?  Or is he an 18 carry, 51 yards kind of talent?

If something happened to Booker, does this guy have the talent to be a FF force?  Or is he an 18 carry, 51 yards kind of talent?
Who the heck knows anything about this guy, aside from sharing a first name with a popular kids' juice pouch. 

Guy has 21 yards off of 4 carries so far in his career/this year, with a single reception of 6 yards. Even with some of the extensive scouting on this guy in this thread, who knows how that translates in the NFL with more opportunity.

Don't really get much from his combine performance, which he did not run at with a turf toe injury. Only played 1 year in college and came into the draft in 2014 as a 21 year old, so already age was against him. Basically bounced around Denver and ARI's practice squad, really only active for one game prior to this season. 

He's listed anywhere between 5'9 and 5'11, 203-212 lbs, so similar stature as Devontae.  Scouting report on him:

STRENGTHS

Good initial quickness. Nice vision and balance. Has one-cut ability -- shows burst when he sticks his foot in the ground and gets upfield. Runs hard. Will be a 21-year-old rookie and has tread on his tires.

WEAKNESSES

Average power and tackle-breaking ability. Lacks extra gear to pull away. Questionable third-down ability -- minimal production/exposure as a receiver and pass protection needs work. Does not adjust to throws or catch naturally. Carries the ball loosely. One-year wonder. Showed he could be contained (Alabama, Boise St., Utah St.). Recorded a 29-inch vertical jump.

Here's Kubiak speaking on how the situation will shake out.

When I say I'm intrigued I'm obviously talking about in deeper leagues at the moment. Bibbs is probably going to see some work so it'll be interesting to see how he performs. I just remember thinking he looked pretty good during preseason action and on his limited touches this year. I saw everything mentioned in the above scouting report aside from how he fairs in pass pro/in the passing game.

Booker is the guy though.

Just grabbed bibbs in a 16 teamer.  We may need to take a flyer on this guy guys due to the run heavy offense 

With CJ out for the season, is this the guy to get to handcuff Booker or do we think they go out and get someone else?

Not so fast. CJ tweeted he was NOT done for the season...but then deleted it so still a lot left to be sorted here. 

Users who are viewing this thread