What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Corey Coleman - WR - Patriots (1 Viewer)

Both Randy and Santana Moss. 
Randy exploded as a rookie and Santana succeeded in his 3rd year with his team. We were looking for examples of WRs that got cut or dumped from their original team before proving themselves, but went on to succeed. 

He wasn't let go by Cleveland  His initial 4 year contract was over. The other guys were cut/released.
Ehh, it was over 20 years ago so hard to remember specific details. Cleveland never used him and only started him a handful of games a year and made no attempt to resign him. Then he blew up in Jacksonville, close enough to the original post of "dumped or cut" IMO.

If we want to expand this to non-fantasy position players, the list is quite a bit longer. But I'd still guess its a small percentage compared to the overall number of guys that are given up on by teams and never amount to anything. Given what we have seen of the situation on Hard Knocks and with the other decisions the clowns running Cleveland have made, I'd say Coleman has a chance to be an exception. Unfortunately he got shipped from one part of Siberia to another so the chances of him turning it around are pretty dang low.

According to Joe Buscaglia of WKBW, Corey Coleman isn't a lock to make the Bills' roster.

Coleman made little impact in his last preseason game, catching just one ball for seven yards against the Browns. Despite his first-round pedigree, the Bills only gave up a seventh-rounder for Coleman and the team won't hesitate to cut him loose if he's undeserving of a roster spot. He may need a good showing in Sunday's dress rehearsal against Cincinnati to make the Bills' final 53.

Source: WKBW 

Aug 26 - 11:22 AM

:kicksrock:

Ian Rapoport‏ @RapSheet 4m4 minutes ago

Source:

The #Bills are releasing former first-round pick WR Corey Coleman, who the acquired from the #Browns. A few weeks just not enough time to grab a roster spot. He’s looking for another fresh start.

Spotrac‏Verified account @spotrac 22m22 minutes ago

Spotrac Retweeted Ian Rapoport

The #Bills will actually LOSE $2M in cap space per this move. As Coleman held guaranteed salaries of $1.5M, & $2M that now accelerate to 2018 dead cap.
Bills must have been really motivated not to have him on the team.  Now I Gotta know if Zay Jones made the roster?

I suppose he was always going to compete with and lose to Jones for play time but the fact that he was unable to stick as a back-up means this guy must be completely irredeemable. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Insert "So you're saying there's a chance" GIF here. There's a greater than zero probability he gets picked up by the Patriots or Cowboys, and then truthers can keep him. Otherwise, drop. 

What’s wrong with these Baylor football players?!?!?!?

Tex
And basketball players?

Cowboys TE Rico Gathers was arrested for marijuana possession Friday night in Frisco, Texas.

The arrest occurred around 10 PM local time. According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, Gathers has posted bond and is about to be released from jail. Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones implied earlier this week that Gathers was likely to make the team's 53-man roster but Friday's arrest may call that into question. Even if he survives final cuts, the former Baylor basketball player won't have any fantasy significance.

So the Bills spent over 2 million dollars and a 7th round pick, to give a guy 3 weeks to learn a new offense? Why bother trading for him then, if he wasn't going to be even given a chance? Bad teams stay bad I guess. 

Or...it turns out he sucks, and they arent so egotistical as to force it. 

And basketball players?

Cowboys TE Rico Gathers was arrested for marijuana possession Friday night in Frisco, Texas.

The arrest occurred around 10 PM local time. According to Brandon George of the Dallas Morning News, Gathers has posted bond and is about to be released from jail. Cowboys EVP Stephen Jones implied earlier this week that Gathers was likely to make the team's 53-man roster but Friday's arrest may call that into question. Even if he survives final cuts, the former Baylor basketball player won't have any fantasy significance.
SMH

These guys take normal life for granted. Just another wasted opportunity.

Tex

I only own one share of him, but it will be difficult to justify holding on to it for much longer.
I traded my only share early in the offseason (don’t remember for what) but at the time I remember thinking how it was more the target share that scared me off than his talent. If I owned him now and had a spot I’d hold until he lands. The right spot could still pay dividends- i like him a lot more on say Baltimore than I do buffalo or Cleveland. 

I traded my only share early in the offseason (don’t remember for what) but at the time I remember thinking how it was more the target share that scared me off than his talent. If I owned him now and had a spot I’d hold until he lands. The right spot could still pay dividends- i like him a lot more on say Baltimore than I do buffalo or Cleveland. 
Which, after looking my roster in that league is what I will do as I got 4-5 other players that are waiver wire fodder. This was a startup last year and I took him at 4.03 :bag:  and looking back, probably one of the worst drafts I've ever done, although it was salvaged somewhat with Nuk at 1.10.

He’ll be a Cowboy.

Tex

I guess you never know. I loved this guy in his draft year. Thought he’d be a super stud. I remember watching his YouTube videos and being blown away. 

I loved this guy too. I’ve read in a few places that his work ethic is lacking - would probably explain where we are now 

At least you're not Josh McDaniels trading up to draft Tebow in the first round. 

Oooooooof.  
Dude....Tebow had Jesus. So it was like getting 2 guys for one pick. ;)  

i mean, that & $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee, but how else do you explain the playoff win? Tebow & JC carried that broncos team.

That’s one of the most surreal & surprising wins in NFL history IMO. 

https://youtu.be/Idx5wsH6Fys

Dude....Tebow had Jesus. So it was like getting 2 guys for one pick. ;)  

i mean, that & $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee, but how else do you explain the playoff win? Tebow & JC carried that broncos team.

That’s one of the most surreal & surprising wins in NFL history IMO. 

https://youtu.be/Idx5wsH6Fys
Truly bizarre. So many things had to happen on the OT touchdown. The no-safety look by Pittsburgh. A healthy DT taking advantage and just outrunning the coverage down the field to score on what was essentially a slant. Tebow actually hitting DT in stride. 

It was like Bill Raftery. 

And they go...man-to-man!

travdogg said:
So the Bills spent over 2 million dollars and a 7th round pick, to give a guy 3 weeks to learn a new offense? Why bother trading for him then, if he wasn't going to be even given a chance? Bad teams stay bad I guess. 
Reports are that he had a poor attitude, hadn't learned much of the playbook in 3 weeks and clearly wasn't giving 100% in practice or games. 

It was obviously a bad trade, but I think it's a stretch to say that the Bills made a mistake in cutting him.

New England grabbed Darboh and Hansen and ignored Coleman...  I wonder if Dallas might bite?

He has talent - maybe realizing that he has at best one more shot to make it in the NFL will improve his attitude?

New England grabbed Darboh and Hansen and ignored Coleman...  I wonder if Dallas might bite?

He has talent - maybe realizing that he has at best one more shot to make it in the NFL will improve his attitude?
What was his contract though? I'm guessing most teams didn't want to bite on it and inherit the deal. 

Whispers are he's as dumb as a bag of rocks. Physical talent means almost nothing if you can't even learn a few of the plays. At Baylor it was flag football.

What's the probability you get over a ten if you just guess on all the questions? 

I bet it's like thirty-five percent or something like that. 

Users who are viewing this thread