What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 7 FAN DUEL (1 Viewer)

Drafthorse

Footballguy
Looking forward to a new week. Week 6 can kiss my butt.

Denver's on bye, who's the D of the week going to be?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking Atlanta @ the atrocious Titans.
Agree

Hawks Thursday

Surprise matchups- Jags if Tyrod and Sammy are out, in London. Titans played terrible in week 6, but I still think enough sacks and Tannehill loses composure badly so Texans could surprise here.

Palmer, Fitz, and Brown at home on Monday night against the beyond horrible ravens secondary.
Reason enough to play Sunday only games this week. Can't stand when there's a slew of top players so you know Sunday's scores mean little.

I can't figure out how to afford all of the must-plays this week. Hopkins is just ridiculous right now. Freeman gets the Titans in what should be a bloodbath. Gates gets Oakland. Gurley should approach 30 carries again. The Arizona passing attack gets Balt at home.

Plus I continue my man-crush on Bortles and Hurns/Robinson against what I believe to be a grossly overrated Buffalo defense that actually sucks.

Seems like there are some obvious plays this week:

QB: Palmer should have his way against Baltimore.

QB: Landry Jones - if Vick or Roethlisberger don't play, then this guy will be all over my lineups. At $6,000, you should be able to fit a great team around him. KC gives up the most points to QBs

RB: Freeman - I dont think this is the week to get off this train. TEN has given up the 6th fewest points to RBs, but Crowell, Gore & Miller all had good days against them. Freeman's on another level.

RB: Gurley - CLE gives up the most points to RBs.

WR: The usual suspects: Hopkins, Fitz

WR: John Brown - if I cant fit Fitz, I'll be sure to have Brown

WR: M. Bryant could go off & seems to have chemistry with Jones.

WR: Diggs - He's looks like the real deal and is very affordable (assuming he gets the start).

TE: Gates - I doubt that I have anybody else. He's heavily involved and Oakland is beyond terrible against the TE.

1: Pay for Freeman

2: ????

3: Profit

Playing Freeman is like having Forte and Jeremy Hill in one rb slot. He's been better than playing a second qb. Freeman is currently qb1. You play Freeman.

Couple of thoughts:

QB- I like Palmer and Jones too

RB - Go big on Freeman, or save $ on Gurley and Woodhead. Gordon maybe or maybe not benched. Woodhead still just $6k and has a pretty high floor. They have a soft matchup at home vs Oakland.

WR - Fitz continues to be underpriced at $7800. Hopkins now the most expensive, gonna be a tossup for me as to him or Julio. I also like Marshall against the Pats, but the Pats may try to scheme him out. I just don't think Malcom Butler can matchup to Marshall. I also like Evans coming off bye against a Washington team that gave up big chunks to Marshall and Decker (who dropped at least 2 passes).

TE - Gates and also Kelce

K/D - I pencilled in Gostkowksi and Cards at home against Baltimore.

I'm working remotely this am and checked the IVC but still shows only the MT line up. Anyone else see if it is updated with the whole slate?

1: Pay for Freeman

2: ????

3: Profit

Playing Freeman is like having Forte and Jeremy Hill in one rb slot. He's been better than playing a second qb. Freeman is currently qb1. You play Freeman.
Kind of like ODBs stretch last year.

Real early cash runs...

Hoyer

D Freeman

F Gore

D Hopkins

S. Smith

M Crabtree

Gates

St Louis

Vinateri

Bortles

Freeman

Gurley

Fitz

S. Smith

Decker

Gates

St Louis

Gotkowski

With how bad Oakland has been against TEs and how good rivers and gates have been. I'm definitely starting there +freeman for cash.

I will try and save everyone money this week, do not play Landry Jones. He is AWFUL. I understand he is cheap and the offense is talented, but Landry sucks.

First plays that came to my mind when looking at the schedule were Gurley, Freeman, and Arz passing attack. Probably not feasible to have them together, let alone with Hopkins. Seems like 2 solid cash lineups this week between those plays is how I'll approach this.

With how bad Oakland has been against TEs and how good rivers and gates have been. I'm definitely starting there +freeman for cash.
Gates is chalk for cash this week and even at high percentages a solid GPP play. Freeman... not really much you can say. Even the doubters have to be buying in now.

I will try and save everyone money this week, do not play Landry Jones. He is AWFUL. I understand he is cheap and the offense is talented, but Landry sucks.
I honestly know absolutely nothing about Jones other than he lit it up in the second half this past weekend, has a nice matchup this weekend & is only $6,000. If he can just throw for 200 yards and get into the end zone once, that's almost 2.5x value right there.

I looked at his pre-season numbers and they don't look too bad. It seemed like he got more efficient as the pre-season wore on. What makes you say that he sucks? Does anybody else have any insight on this guy?

That's what everyone said last week about Manuel too, and he lit up for almost 5x. Landry had basically 2x in one half. He can get to tourney value at just 18 points.

Kicking the tires on this for one of my Thursday cash lineups.

Bortles

Freeman

Gurley

Hopkins

SSSr

Hogan

Gates

Franks

ATL

I figure the ownership percentages on Freeman, Gurley, and Hopkins will be off the charts.

I was going to ask about Hogan. Need to find someone in that range to make my similar lineup work.

My first pass:

Hoyer

Freeman

Gurley

Hopkins

Brown

Diggs

Gates

Gostkowski

Washington (someone at this 4400 price point)

I likely will want to get to Bortles as well. Hoyer just fit here. Hogan/Bortles is a swap from Diggs/Hoyer...and I think that leaves 100 for the Rams.

I don't love Hogan at all. But as far as punts go he's not bad -- basically the only healthy option on a team facing a dreadful defense that has an offense that will score points. I could see 8 targets, although he hasn't seen that number yet.

If we know who the Buffalo starting QB is, he'll be a nice play too, IMO. Jacksonville's defense is putrid.

That's what everyone said last week about Manuel too, and he lit up for almost 5x. Landry had basically 2x in one half. He can get to tourney value at just 18 points.
Not everyone. I liked his chances at a decent day with a rushing TD added in. Landry is more difficult since Pitt has a strong rushing attack and we have seen less of Landry in the NFL. I still have not decided how much exposure will have to him.

I honestly know absolutely nothing about Jones other than he lit it up in the second half this past weekend, has a nice matchup this weekend & is only $6,000. If he can just throw for 200 yards and get into the end zone once, that's almost 2.5x value right there. I looked at his pre-season numbers and they don't look too bad. It seemed like he got more efficient as the pre-season wore on. What makes you say that he sucks? Does anybody else have any insight on this guy?
@adamlevitan: PFF graded 78 quarterbacks this preseason. Landry Jones finished 76th. Had brutal 54.2 completion percentage, took nine sacks in 229 snaps.

I'm a Steeler fan Jones has been on the team a couple years, he's awful. There's a reason he has been 3rd on the depth chart since he's been here. Also, they brought Vick in right when Gradkowski went down, that should tell you how much they like Landry. He sucks at football, plain and simple.

I honestly know absolutely nothing about Jones other than he lit it up in the second half this past weekend, has a nice matchup this weekend & is only $6,000. If he can just throw for 200 yards and get into the end zone once, that's almost 2.5x value right there. I looked at his pre-season numbers and they don't look too bad. It seemed like he got more efficient as the pre-season wore on. What makes you say that he sucks? Does anybody else have any insight on this guy?
@adamlevitan: PFF graded 78 quarterbacks this preseason. Landry Jones finished 76th. Had brutal 54.2 completion percentage, took nine sacks in 229 snaps.
Seems like he still has access to those stats. This is one of the reason DFS makes me wonder. PFF are going to pull the subsriptions of people and only a select few in the dfs industry will have access to them now. I get teams are buying this info, but honestly it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Give these big fish even more of an advantage over this guppie.

Seems like he still has access to those stats. This is one of the reason DFS makes me wonder. PFF are going to pull the subsriptions of people and only a select few in the dfs industry will have access to them now. I get teams are buying this info, but honestly it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Give these big fish even more of an advantage over this guppie.
I wonder how Zach Mettenberger graded out....He's the other low cost option.

Gurley has 55 carries for over 300 yards (5.7 YPC), and yet has not scored a touchdown. I think that changes this week. Even more than Freeman, he's my #1 option at RB.

I wonder how Zach Mettenberger graded out....He's the other low cost option.
I don't need to see PFF's grade on Mettenberger -- he sucks and the Titans are a bad football team. Walker is a good player. Wright would be a nice #2 WR option, not the #1 guy. The OL is a mess. They have no running game. And Mettenberger's decision-making is less than good.

Doug Martin vs the Skins an option if passing on Gurley. I am pretty much locked in on freeman/gurley though. Thinking Palmer or Newton at qb.

I tend to only play cash games, so keep that in mind... I generally go with just one lineup and enter it in a bunch of different 50/50s to spread the risk with a larger sample size.

Freeman/Gurley/Gates/Diggs are where the lineups start for me. Fitzpatrick and Hoyer seem the most obvious of the cheap QBs. Going up to Newton or Palmer limits your WR options. As I see it, there are two viable approaches this week:

Option 1:

QB - Fitzpatrick / Hoyer

RB - Freeman

RB - Gurley

WR - Hopkins / Julio

WR - Moncrief / Brown

WR - Diggs

TE - Gates

DST - Panthers

K - Anyone Boswell?

Option 2:

QB - Palmer/Newton

RB - Freeman

RB - Gurley

WR - Fitzgerald

WR - Brown

WR - Diggs

TE - Gates

DST - Panthers

K - Anyone

The only concern with the latter is the huge investment in the Cardinals stack... they likely put up points, but that's a lot of eggs in one basket.

My first run at a line-up:

Newton

Freeman

Gurley

Fitz

S.Smith

Decker

Gates

Santos

Rams

If Big Ben plays. Will probably drop down to Hoyer, then go A.Brown, Fitz, Crowder or Diggs

Gurley has 55 carries for over 300 yards (5.7 YPC), and yet has not scored a touchdown. I think that changes this week. Even more than Freeman, he's my #1 option at RB.
And if there is one thing Coach Jeff Fisher knows, it's how to feed a RB the football.
Do you have to have Gurley and Freeman in every LU this week?? I'm finding it difficult to put anyone else there...
I'm going to force myself to diversify a little bit, but at least one of those guys is going to be in every cash lineup. I just can't force myself to diversify enough to fade them both in the same lineup, especially with ownership percentages that should be breathtaking.

Doug Martin vs the Skins an option if passing on Gurley. I am pretty much locked in on freeman/gurley though. Thinking Palmer or Newton at qb.
Yeah, I'm thinking Palmer and Newton for my Sunday-Monday cash lineups too. Lots of folks high on Hoyer, but I'm not sure I can do it. I understand why folks are high on him, and he really lets you load-up everywhere else, but I just don't think he's a particularly good QB.

Just an FYI, in the pre-season Julio absolutely torched the Titans secondary. I know it was pre-season and all, but it was like he and Ryan were playing against air. It was a joke. In the lineup I don't have Freeman (assuming I have one), I will have Julio for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread