What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (3 Viewers)

JFS171

Footballguy
May end up a guy worth watching. I've never personally been blown away by Buck Allen. Forest clearly has a vice grip on that job now, but has been banged up previously this year.

Mostert is a SPARQ freak who dominated preseason in Philly, then was on Miami's practice squad, called up, and cut. The Ravens claimed him off waivers. We all know the sterling success the Philbin administration had in talent evaluation. Mostert is an uber long shot, but there's some real athletic talent that a coach like Trestman could really take advantage of.

With the release of Terrance McGee, Mostert should be active tonight. Let's see what happens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched all of Mostert's touches vs. NYJ and he was indeed super impressive. I dropped Crowell in my keeper for him since I was almost certainly going to drop him anyway and feel like playing the ####### lottery tonight.

Brad BiggsVerified account @BradBiggs 9m9 minutes ago

#Bears have promoted RB Raheem Mostert to the 53-man roster from PS. Could help on special teams. Ka'Deem Carey has hamstring injury.
Well he's back... Langford isn't playing very well.  Carey is now hurt... maybe Howard shows something, but... don't forget about Mostert.  He's explosive.

This move is for special teams mostly.  Last week the Bears lost a starting QB, MLB, DT, Nickle DB and safety.  A backup RB, Safety and OLB. 

Not to mention the OL has a mess so far this year.  This team is thin all over. 

2nd on the depth chart now for the next 4-6 weeks with Langford out (at least until Carey returns from his hamstring injury). Howard should be the guy, but Fox isn't patient with rookies. I'll be interested to see Mostert get some touches. 

He's back?  Maybe?

Comparatively, he looks very similar to Breida actually.  Mostert fumbled last night, but then went right back to getting touches.  He actually received more carries than Breida (4 to 3) though Breida also had 3 receptions to none for Mostert.  If/when Hyde goes down, we could be looking at a timeshare until one emerges and demands the touches.  Could be Mostert.

Mostert
5'9" 195 lbs (at his pro day at least)
40 Time - 4.38 seconds (1.49 10-yard split)
Vertical - 40"
Broad - 132"
Bench - 20 reps
3-Cone - 6.90 seconds
Short Shuttle - 4.30 seconds

Breida
5'9" 195lbs (again, at his pro day)
40 Time - 4.39 seconds (1.53 10-yard split)
Vertical - 42"
Broad - 134"
Bench - 23 reps
3-Cone - 6.85 seconds
Short Shuttle - 4.34 seconds

Anyone else trying to work him on to their roster ? He’s on the WW and I can’t find room for him, but I have a feeling he could end up being very useful. He suits the profile of Shanahans run game and Breida has been getting dinged all season.  Imagine if Breida picks up something more severe and Morris is out of the picture - Mostert could become very useful. 

Likely this needs monitored for one more week to see if he remains ahead of Morris but it might be too late to get him for free if he has 10+ touches and rips something big off 

Anyone else trying to work him on to their roster ? He’s on the WW and I can’t find room for him, but I have a feeling he could end up being very useful. He suits the profile of Shanahans run game and Breida has been getting dinged all season.  Imagine if Breida picks up something more severe and Morris is out of the picture - Mostert could become very useful. 

Likely this needs monitored for one more week to see if he remains ahead of Morris but it might be too late to get him for free if he has 10+ touches and rips something big off 
I used my #5 claim on him in my 14-team dynasty where the wire is threadbare. In my other 12-team 2r2f he went for about 33% FAAB. Not sure how hot a commodity he'll be in redraft, but a no brainer must add 1/3 through the season. Surprised there is so little discussion about him.

I dropped Alf for him in Dynasty, but he's got a short leash for me. If they come out next week and he gets 0 or 1 carry and Alf and Breida are the main guys, I'll consider him droppable. 

steelers1080 said:
I dropped Alf for him in Dynasty, but he's got a short leash for me. If they come out next week and he gets 0 or 1 carry and Alf and Breida are the main guys, I'll consider him droppable. 
Agreed

I knew this thread existed.

Mostert has gone through a lot to stick in the league. He's always looked good to me. But he is still a handcuff or lotto.

Yikes, didn't realize this guy was a 4-year veteran. Thought he was a UDFA rookie or a second-year guy, maybe. 

Yikes, didn't realize this guy was a 4-year veteran. Thought he was a UDFA rookie or a second-year guy, maybe. 
That's my issue. Has to be a reason a number of teams cut ties with this kid. That said, he passed the eye ball test the other night and looked explosive hitting the hole. 

SWERVE

Coach Kyle Shanahan said Raheem Mostert over Alfred Morris "isn't permanent."

Shanahan said it worked best against the Packers because Mostert was running well. Mostert showed more in his 12 carries against the Packers than Morris has through six weeks combined. The Niners hung with Green Bay all night and had a real chance to win. They'd be wise to keep rolling with a Matt Breida-Moster one-two punch. Morris is a total drag on the offense.

Paid more than I should have for this guy, but he passes the eye test. Let’s do this! 

Dropped cja for him in a short bench 14er redraft.

If mac gets hurt I'll regret it.  But... maybe.  12 for 80?  

Go boilers.

Having a tough time deciding between starting him or Ratley this week in PPR (Bye week issues)

Having a tough time deciding between starting him or Ratley this week in PPR (Bye week issues)
I'm having a hard time deciding if I should cut Mostert for Ratley. I think Mostert has the skills to maintain in SF, but that he probably won't get repeated opportunities. But idk that Ratley is the real deal either. Will he disappear as soon as Higgins is healthy, or if Landry or Callaway start actually catching the ball?

I had no idea he has been with so many teams

Eagles, Dolphins, Ravens, Browns, Jets,  Bears, and now 49ers...

Used a waiver claim in one league and added after waivers in another. Already own Breida in both, so it was an obvious add as a handcuff.

The whole "isn't permanent" talk sounds like coach-speak BS to me. The blurbs all read the same, basically saying "it worked because he ran well" vs. GBay. WTF does that even mean? Mostert played ahead of Morris because Mostert ran so well when he played ahead of Morris? lmfao... That is one hell of an awesome non-answer... WP, Coach, WP. There's nothing saying WHY he played over Morris and, now that he looked much better than Morris, there's no reason to assume the pecking order would revert to a Breida/Morris split. 

I'm assuming he's #2 there until I see some reasonable explanation for Morris not getting those touches. Injury, punishment, something...

Used a waiver claim in one league and added after waivers in another. Already own Breida in both, so it was an obvious add as a handcuff.

The whole "isn't permanent" talk sounds like coach-speak BS to me. The blurbs all read the same, basically saying "it worked because he ran well" vs. GBay. WTF does that even mean? Mostert played ahead of Morris because Mostert ran so well when he played ahead of Morris? lmfao... That is one hell of an awesome non-answer... WP, Coach, WP. There's nothing saying WHY he played over Morris and, now that he looked much better than Morris, there's no reason to assume the pecking order would revert to a Breida/Morris split. 

I'm assuming he's #2 there until I see some reasonable explanation for Morris not getting those touches. Injury, punishment, something...
good post.great icon. you DEFINITELY WANT the #1, #2 rbs in a shanny offense, it's just that simple. if/when breida breaks down ( again and again) mostert is the guy to pick up the slack.potential RB1 #'s for Mostert are coming in short time. death,taxes, breida injury. always happens. set your clock by it.

Involved in a 2 for 1 trade today and he’s about the only ticket left on the wire today to fill an empty slot. So here I am all aboard the Mostert train.

Watched him the other night and he looked good.

Chaka said:
Not really. Not really close to a valid comparison actually.
Spent time with the Eagles, Browns & Colts over 4 seasons before getting real playing time with the Pats. That’s all I meant.  :shrug:

May end up a guy worth watching. I've never personally been blown away by Buck Allen. Forest clearly has a vice grip on that job now, but has been banged up previously this year.

Mostert is a SPARQ freak who dominated preseason in Philly, then was on Miami's practice squad, called up, and cut. The Ravens claimed him off waivers. We all know the sterling success the Philbin administration had in talent evaluation. Mostert is an uber long shot, but there's some real athletic talent that a coach like Trestman could really take advantage of.

With the release of Terrance McGee, Mostert should be active tonight. Let's see what happens.
Lol- philbin, trestman, McGee. My buddy was talking up mostert the other day and I was like “yeah, I’ve noticed him for a few years and like the guy but he never gets a shot” and he screams “BS, you’re talking out your a**, it’s his second year.” After I pointed out the numerous stops he’s had over the years he apologized. Wish I had gone back to this thread, I could have said “yeah people were wondering what he could do with trestman in Baltimore!”

Spent time with the Eagles, Browns & Colts over 4 seasons before getting real playing time with the Pats. That’s all I meant.  :shrug:
I understand that part but it is important to note that the comparison ends there.

Also I am not even sure the NFL even acknowledges Lewis as having been on either the Browns or Colts as he never played a snap due to injuries (I am not sure he even made the roster for either team because of injury).

Two different teams gave up on a healthy Mostert in his rookie year (maybe three depending when the Ravens released him) and a fourth gave up on him the following season.

Of course Shanahan RBs are typically rosterable but from a talent perspective I don't think we should be comparing Mostert to anyone just yet.

Didn't watch the game, but he led the RBs in touches ... ?

Mostert carried seven times for 59 yards and caught four passes for an additional 19 yards during Sunday's 39-10 loss to the Rams.

Didn't watch the game, but he led the RBs in touches ... ?
He also did twice as good as the other backs on the touches he got. Sadly, he'll probably be mired in a committee of mediocrity, but Shanahan could be innovative enough to use a RB who was previously thought of as meh. 

Shiggles pickup.  Now to decide between him & Kerryon (my wayward son) vs. SEA for this week’s flex role.

He's at least roster worthy.   And a injury away from?   Alf is what 34?  

Problem is the qb.

And Brieda is injured lots. 
All true. But the Niners are not that good, in fact they're ungood. If Morris and Breida do both get hurt he could see volume on a bad team. But he can't be started until you see him in more than a CoP role for a couple games. So, at best Mostert is what? A desperation spot start with a prayer attached.

All that being said I dropped Lynch and picked up Mostert and 10 Hail Mary's.

• Thinking
Reactions: -X-

Users who are viewing this thread