What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/1332845171126530050?s=21

as expected, he’s moved to the active roster, but we still received zero insight this week as to how he looked or projected workload. Hopefully Schefter, or another analyst, gives us some info tomorrow morning. 
He's listed as Q - I don't think the 49ers actually practiced yesterday, so nobody really has seen how he looks, including the coaches.  They might not see anything until pre-game warm-ups.

He's listed as Q - I don't think the 49ers actually practiced yesterday, so nobody really has seen how he looks, including the coaches.  They might not see anything until pre-game warm-ups.
Locked down since Wednesday with only walk throughs. So basically no reps for Mostert or Wilson before their first game back. 

JEFF WILSONRB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers activated RB Jeff Wilson (ankle) from injured reserve. 

The 49ers have also activated Raheem Mostert (ankle), claiming they are unsure if he will suit up against the Rams. We would expect Mostert to play, leaving him as the No. 1 and Jerick McKinnon as the No. 2 with Tevin Coleman (knee) still sidelined. That means Wilson could mix in for some short-yardage/goal-line work as the No. 3 back, but there is no path to Week 12 fantasy relevance outside of a random touchdown plunge.  

Nov 28, 2020, 7:29 PM ET

I dunno if I can play him. Unsure of him many touches he'd get + playing guys after a long layoff can be tricky. Plus, it's the Rams.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im in a position where I own Mostert, Ekeler, and Carson. I currently have my main back Kamara in with Carson. I have to decide if I should flex Mostert or Ekeler after they have been off for so long. Carson has been out for a while also. Tough week to take risks this late in the season. 

Im in a position where I own Mostert, Ekeler, and Carson. I currently have my main back Kamara in with Carson. I have to decide if I should flex Mostert or Ekeler after they have been off for so long. Carson has been out for a while also. Tough week to take risks this late in the season. 
Similar situation minus the b####in’ Kamara.

Flexing Carson, holding off on Mostert, starting RBs are Hines and Hill. Might change the team name to The Lottery Tix.

I started Watson & Hock on turkey day while the miserable ******* playing me had Zeke scoring a career low 2.90 and 5.00 from Prater. Apparently the Saints D is projected to have a bazillion points against the quarterbackless Broncos so I’m an 84% favorite.

Pandemic FF is some weird stuff.

Give the man another week.  Need him for the playoffs more than this week.
SF needs him today if they are to even have a chance at the playoffs.

Has there been anything definitive on his status? He's questionable, but last blurb I read said they are unsure if he'll play.

The 4pm start makes this difficult. Can't risk a goose egg. Could plug in B. Hill, Gio, or AB instead.

SF needs him today if they are to even have a chance at the playoffs.

Has there been anything definitive on his status? He's questionable, but last blurb I read said they are unsure if he'll play.

The 4pm start makes this difficult. Can't risk a goose egg. Could plug in B. Hill, Gio, or AB instead.
They’ve been in lockdown doing walkthroughs [since Wednesday]. Zero reps for a guy who hasn’t played in six weeks. He’s on my bench.

I traded Hunter Henry and Buttkicker for him four weeks ago just to have another option for the playoffs. I really want that investment to pay off. But too risky, I need to clinch a spot today.

They’ve been in lockdown doing walkthroughs [since Wednesday]. Zero reps for a guy who hasn’t played in six weeks. He’s on my bench.
Ugh. That's right. Almost hope they make him inactive again so he doesn't get re-injured.

With this and the late start I think I"m leaning B. Hill.

Ugly but probably have to play him in a league with limited bench and limited moves...im out of it in that league for the most part as it is...but with Gurley out, and Gordon (well sucking and having no QBs and playing NO)...Mostert may be my best chance if he plays.

Ugh. That's right. Almost hope they make him inactive again so he doesn't get re-injured.

With this and the late start I think I"m leaning B. Hill.
I’m starting Hill along with Hines. Never would have guessed at any point that would be my Week 12 combo (or even a few days ago) but here we are.

Flexibility and bold decisions pay off late in the year. Lotta good squads dominate most of the regular season but can’t adapt to the shifting landscape as easily as good but not great FF teams. The stuff of upsets made are based on these kinds of decisions. Follow the chalk, expect chalk results.

It’s counterintuitive but regular season FF and late-season/playoffs FF are distinctly different animals IME.

Im leaving Mostert on my bench as well. I'll probably regret it but I have Ekeler in my flex. I picked up HIll. I also have Gio Bernard I could flex. I just don't like Gio with no Joe at QB. Hill might be safer than Ekeler? 

Starting Mostert over Brian Hill. Although I do really love Hill's matchup this week. FF playoffs start next week in my league and I need to win this week to get in. If I die today I rather go out with my studs. Dont let me down Raheem MUSTART

Starting Mostert over Brian Hill. Although I do really love Hill's matchup this week. FF playoffs start next week in my league and I need to win this week to get in. If I die today I rather go out with my studs. Dont let me down Raheem MUSTART
Hopefully Mostert breaks off a long one for you before tweaking something.

Lol, go ahead and rank those players so we can second guess you too.
On further review, that's a huge pile of poo this week.  I'd go RoJo.  Should be a high scoring game.  I won't bother with the others as there are likely better options on waivers.

Raheem Mostert (ankle) will play in Week 12 against the Rams.

San Francisco will have Deebo Samuel, Jeff Wilson, and Mostert all available together for the first time in the last month. Although Tevin Coleman (knee) and Brandon Aiyuk (COVID) remain sidelined, Mostert's return alone for the 49ers' backfield should instill a breath of fresh air ahead of Jerick McKinnon. Mostert is fully expected to return as the team's bell-cow and a high-end RB2 in Week 12.
Changed my mind. Starting Mostert and benching CEH vs. Tampa Bay.

Raheem didn’t have a great stat line, but he was able to score early in the game. Given the fact that he was going up against that stout Ram D, I was pleased with the outcome. Bigger than his stat line, he looked completely healthy and has some great matchups down the stretch. If he can stay healthy, he’s a great RB2 ROS.  

Raheem didn’t have a great stat line, but he was able to score early in the game. Given the fact that he was going up against that stout Ram D, I was pleased with the outcome. Bigger than his stat line, he looked completely healthy and has some great matchups down the stretch. If he can stay healthy, he’s a great RB2 ROS.  
this

Raheem Mostert rushed 16 times for 43 yards and one score, hauling in both of his targets in San Francisco's Week 12 win over the Rams.

Mostert was in on just 40% of San Francisco's offensive snaps but handled a backfield-high 18 touches, only one of which came on third down. Jerick McKinnon meanwhile was on the field for every passing-down situation. Mostert still had his ups and downs in his first game action since Week 6, putting the 49ers ahead with an eight-yard touchdown scamper in the first quarter and giving the ball back to the Rams with a third-quarter fumble. His touch count and usage was still encouraging since he essentially returned as the team's workhorse ahead of Jeff Wilson (12/43). Mostert will remain a confident RB2 in Week 13 against the Bills.

- Rotoworld

this
potential league winner - or at least a solid contributor over the next 4 weeks

Raheem Mostert rushed nine times for 42 yards in the 49ers' Week 13 loss to the Bills.

He turned his lone pass-game target into a one-yard gain. Mostert narrowly out-carried Jeff Wilson 9-7, but Wilson had the yards edge 47-42 and out-targeted Mostert 5-1. Jerick McKinnon didn't touch the ball, and Tevin Coleman went for -11 yards on two totes. Both Wilson and Mostert are RB3 plays for Week 14 against Washington.

Dec 7, 2020, 11:54 PM ET

Or a turd that torpedoes your team out of the playoffs.
I needed 0.63 for the win. Plenty to spare.

:lmao:

Gotta feel better about owning Mostert than McKinnon rn.

Also, for anyone who manages by box score, he looked great last night. Dynamic player. But got stuffed at the GL (as did Wilson) and thereafter it was game flow.

IOW, it’s not like someone took his job away and you have no hope. Good playoff schedule.

Unless, of course, last nights turd knocked you out. Then you should curse him every day for a minimum of 6 weeks (if not months) and vow to never roster this bum again.

I needed 0.63 for the win. Plenty to spare.

:lmao:

Gotta feel better about owning Mostert than McKinnon rn.

Also, for anyone who manages by box score, he looked great last night. Dynamic player. But got stuffed at the GL (as did Wilson) and thereafter it was game flow.

IOW, it’s not like someone took his job away and you have no hope. Good playoff schedule.

Unless, of course, last nights turd knocked you out. Then you should curse him every day for a minimum of 6 weeks (if not months) and vow to never roster this bum again.
tough matchup this week, but has the Cowboys and Zone in weeks 15-16. I still like as a #2 RB those last two weeks.  

tough matchup this week, but has the Cowboys and Zone in weeks 15-16. I still like as a #2 RB those last two weeks.  
WFT is like 19th in FFPA in full PPR. Their D is legit - love Chase Young - but I’m starting Raheem.

Then again my options to pair with Carson are Hines, McKissic, Edmonds, Murray, Williams...

:lol:

I’m living a charmed life over here, no idea how I ended up a #4 seed.

The idea I own a RB who might get 10 touches has me salivating.

Surprised by Wilson's involvement. He had been a distant fourth not so long ago and only pulled off the practice squad in a pinch and now he's splitting carries. But at least McKinnon and Coleman are after thoughts.

Clinched a bye so my goal last night was to just have Mostert leave healthy. Maybe Shanahan has finally learned his lesson and isn't going to overload Mostert.

Prioritizing Wilson in waivers for sure. Want both of these guys for the stretch run. Week 15 @DAL and 16 @AZ look like good matchups in the semis and championship.

For the love of god can this guy play one game without everyone holding their breath about an injury?

And didn't his concussion evaluation cost him the TD (with Wilson taking it in)?

He's a must start. The matchup is too good @DAL. I may start Mostert and Wilson with other options falling by the wayside for one reason (injury) or another (Covid).

Users who are viewing this thread