Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Dinsy Ejotuz - I joined the FBG Message Boards on April 15, 2003; however, I’d say that it was around 2010 when I started to become much more active with my efforts at curating content in the player

He's still wearing his helmet.

That's a brutal position to be in. Of course, both could end up putting up RB2 numbers, or better. Were it me, however, I would have to roll out Mostert. We know his abilities. He has the fastest

Still not sure what Im doing here at flex...Mostert removed from injury report at all...have Wilson in at flex...and while its a great matchup...seems im hoping for a TD for the only way to make it worth it.  Feels like 30 yards and 3ish points is as likely as some huge day out of him.  Higher ceiling I guess TD wise than my other options

Gus or Curtis Samuel tonight.

Ive liked what Samuel does...his floor seems to be that 5 points or so...with 100 yards and a TD upside.

54 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Still not sure what Im doing here at flex...Mostert removed from injury report at all...have Wilson in at flex...and while its a great matchup...seems im hoping for a TD for the only way to make it worth it.  Feels like 30 yards and 3ish points is as likely as some huge day out of him.  Higher ceiling I guess TD wise than my other options

Gus or Curtis Samuel tonight.

Ive liked what Samuel does...his floor seems to be that 5 points or so...with 100 yards and a TD upside.

same. I have Mostert and Wilson. I feel they will split time and I'm scared to start either of them.

6 hours ago, The Captain said:

Semis this week and I’m starting Mostert over Carson or Akers (not sure which yet but Mostert upside in this matchup is too tasty to pass up). My opponent is starting Wilson. Will be interesting for sure. 

In that situation I might lean away from Mostert.  If he has a big game it takes away from Wilson and vice versa.  By playing Akers (he would be my choice) you don't get hurt if Wilson has a big game by it double dipping against your Mostert.

2 hours ago, Gally said:

In that situation I might lean away from Mostert.  If he has a big game it takes away from Wilson and vice versa.  By playing Akers (he would be my choice) you don't get hurt if Wilson has a big game by it double dipping against your Mostert.

That makes too much sense!!

I rarely win championships. 

B/w Wilson/Mostert as well....my thoughts:

• obviously a dream matchup for either
  • we can't trust shannahan at all, i especially don't trust him with Mostert's health
  • The 9ers aren't mathematically eliminated yet
  • As many pointed out, Mostert could break one, but Wilson will be getting the red zone touches
  • Checked multiple projections/rankings sites and they're all within a point or two of each other either way
  • To me, I think it boils down to if the game is close, Shanny will be playing both....if it gets out of hand either way, Mostert is getting pulled

As of 8:12 CST, I have Wilson in right now...mostly due to goalline touches...but will be monitoring

• Like 2

I am starting Kamara and Carson the week, 2nd round of playoffs, 1 PPR.  But have been struggling between Mostert and Hines at my flex spot.  Dallas run D is putrid, and I say this as a long time Dallas fan.  But Mostert is not a slam dunk with the ankle issue and Wilson getting goal line carries. Right now I am leaning towards Hines...but I have changed them back and forth several times already. Going to be a last minute decision. 

• Like 1
On 12/16/2020 at 2:01 PM, Shatner! said:

In a PPR need 2 of 

Gus, Gallman, Gibson, and Mostert.

Or only 1 if I go 3WR. Will go Thielen and Cooks but third WR would come from:

AB, Coutee, Perriman, and Watkins

So with Brees back I picked up Sanders off the wire and will go 3 wide (Thielen, Cooks, and Sanders).

My last agonizing decision is Gallman or Mostert. Gallman feels like the safer pick but Mostert feels like the potential home run.

In my other league I had Jeff Wilson slotted in at RB2 but replaced him with Pollard.

I wondered where all these Mostert fans came from then I realized the josh Gordon thread has been dormant this year. It was a good risk reward play once upon a time, but now Lucy is just yanking the football away repeating 

Raheem Mostert rushed 14 times for 68 yards before exiting with an ankle injury in the 49ers' Week 15 loss to the Cowboys. 

Mostert suffered the ankle injury while being taken down on a carry but his ankle wasn't hit on the tackle. He may have suffered an ankle sprain or reaggravated the original sprain that kept him out for much of the middle part of this season. He was soaking up carries early in the game and would remain an RB2 if he can play in Week 16 but that looks to be in doubt for now. Jeff Wilson would take over as the lead-back if Mostert does miss time.

Dec 20, 2020, 5:55 PM ET

On 12/21/2020 at 10:02 AM, Moe Green said:

Still won my game, doesn't change the fact that he's been garbage injured.

FYP - when healthy he was explosive and made game changing plays.  Injuries to an ankle for a speed guy that is a one cut and go burner will really restrict your output.  Mostert was still easily the best RB on the roster when healthy.  He is a buy low in dynasty for me because I am sure his owners are frustrated and worried about his age.  I believe he can be had for dirt cheap.

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Gally said:

FYP - when healthy he was explosive and made game changing plays.  Injuries to an ankle for a speed guy that is a one cut and go burner will really restrict your output.  Mostert was still easily the best RB on the roster when healthy.  He is a buy low in dynasty for me because I am sure his owners are frustrated and worried about his age.  I believe he can be had for dirt cheap.

I sold for a second rounder. He's 29 and oft-injured. That makes two of the last three seasons he's missed more than half his games. He's not a great buy. 

10 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I sold for a second rounder. He's 29 and oft-injured. That makes two of the last three seasons he's missed more than half his games. He's not a great buy. 

To me that is too much to pay.  I am saying buy only if dirt cheap.  Get him as a throw in to make a deal happen.  Not pay anything of consequence.  Upside is there if you can get him for not much. 

Just now, Gally said:

To me that is too much to pay.  I am saying buy only if dirt cheap.  Get him as a throw in to make a deal happen.  Not pay anything of consequence.  Upside is there if you can get him for not much. 

Oh, you mean dirt cheap. Then I wouldn't sell likely. I thought a second was a haul for the guy. Turns out to be the 19th pick in our draft as the guy lost immediately in the playoffs. I'll take the dart throw. He may very well have a good year next year if he's still with San Francisco and they don't draft anyone. Then he is indeed their best option when he's healthy. But you have to assume they're bringing guys in with Coleman and McKinnon departing.

4 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

IR per rotoworld

49ers placed RB Raheem Mostert on injured reserve with a left high-ankle sprain, ending his season. 

It's to the same ankle that cost Mostert four games earlier this season. 28-year-old Mostert showed more flashes of speed-based brilliance this year, but he ended up appearing in only eight contests. That's not a great way for a player nearing 30 to head into the offseason, but Mostert is signed through 2021. The 49ers' backfield was completely adrift without him this season, so he should likely be back at his scheduled $2.975 million salary. Coach Kyle Shanahan will need a running back revamp, however, after this year's piecemeal committee approach went entirely to pieces. Mostert should be held onto in Dynasty leagues, but he should not be considered a guaranteed 2021 starter. 

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter 

Dec 22, 2020, 2:15 PM ET