What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (1 Viewer)

Raheem Mostert exited Week 1 against the Lions with a knee injury and is questionable to return.

This is why the Niners drafted Trey Sermon and Elijah Mitchell over the offseason. Mostert simply can't ever stay on the field. Prior to leaving, Mostert rushed two times for 20 yards and wasn't targeted in the passing game. With Sermon inactive, Mitchell and JaMycal Hasty are next up.

Sep 12, 2021, 1:43 PM ET

Broadcast just showed him on the sideline, limping around, and also mentioned he's questionable.

But the good news for those of you who have Mostert is that he's not gone to the locker room.

Mosert = Elijah Price
I'm kind of reminded by the WR on the Chargers who had one year he was good with a bunch of TDs, but had several ACL surgeries before his breakout and then a big  knee injury the year after.  Knew how that story would end the whole time.  

Both these guys looking great as well.

And FWIW, after Hasty scored they showed Mostert on the sideline standing and smiling.

I think it's a case of "we are playing the Lions, let's just be cautious." Any back in that system is gonna gash Detroit, so why rush him back?

Shanahan offenses are typically very friendly to the "next man up" concept at RB.

It's probably going to take two big injuries for any back to have the opportunity to make a big impact.

Mind you that we haven't even mentioned the TD hog Jeff Wilson yet.

But, if nothing else, today definitely reinforces the notion that Mostert simply cannot be relied upon.

Has this guy ever made it through an entire game. At this point I'd be surprised if he didn't get hurt in a game.
Yes.  And he’s $$ when he does.  Can’t predict this. If you didn’t know he came with a buyer beware label…….we’ll, that’s on you. 

Last edited by a moderator:
RAHEEM MOSTERT RB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

The Athletic's Matt Barrows reports 49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said there would be no firm hierarchy in the team's backfield this season. 

Kyle has gone Full Shanahan, seemingly rolling with a backfield chaos strategy where any running back could be the workhorse at any time. Stater Raheem Mostert left Week 1's game against the Lions with a knee injury, giving rookie Elijah Mitchell the bellcow role. Mitchell ran for 104 yards on 19 carries against Detroit. JaMycal Hasty's lone carry was a three-yard touchdown. Mitchell took over for Mostert because Trey Sermon was stunningly inactive. It remains to be seen when, or if, Sermon will be on the active roster. The 49ers backfield shapes up as a nonstop fantasy nightmare in 2021. 

RELATED: 

Elijah Mitchell

, JaMycal Hasty

, Trey Sermon

SOURCE: The Athletic 

Sep 13, 2021, 9:03 AM ET

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess it depends on one's roster, but unless all the other guys are hurt by then, there may not be much of role left for him to come back to.

Yea, that's what i'm getting at.  49ers have a stable of rbs and to miss 60% of season (because he will need to be eased back in) makes me think his value is very little this year

That's almost drop worthy
On leagues without IR, hes definitely droppable and I will do so. On leagues with 1 IR spot, hes a hold for now but if injuries or COVID piles up on your team he may be an eventual drop. Either way he will be dropped by most teams sooner or later IMO.

As a 49er fan, I'm over Mostert. If he could stay healthy he would set records, but he can't be counted on at all. 2 carries and out for 8 weeks? Smh.

Users who are viewing this thread