Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Dinsy Ejotuz - I joined the FBG Message Boards on April 15, 2003; however, I’d say that it was around 2010 when I started to become much more active with my efforts at curating content in the player

He's still wearing his helmet.

That's a brutal position to be in. Of course, both could end up putting up RB2 numbers, or better. Were it me, however, I would have to roll out Mostert. We know his abilities. He has the fastest

On 8/21/2020 at 4:54 AM, JoeSteeler said:

What is his value in PPR? Late first rookie pick? Put him on my trade block and was offered rookie pick 17 but feel like it isn’t enough.

Have you filed a complaint with your local law enforcement for attempted trade rape?

Mostert is a classic Hold. Worth more to the team who has him than anyone would offer since there is legit concern over him being a true RB1 or just a flavor of the week for the 9ers. Best time to trade would be IN-SEASON after he’s put up a couple of solid games. 

signed,

captain obvious

• 2 weeks later...

49ers RB Raheem Mostert rushed 15 times for 56 yards, catching 4-of-5 targets for 95 yards and one receiving score in San Francisco's Week 1 loss to the Cardinals.

Mostert ran himself open for a 76-yard receiving score on the team's second possession, being featured heavily from Jimmy Garoppolo with both Deebo Samuel (foot, IR) and Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) shelved. Mostert also handled 19-of-30 running back touches ahead of Jerick McKinnon (6/44/1), arguably falling one broken tackle and a Garoppolo grenade shy of scoring two more times on the afternoon. Assuming his stranglehold on the Niners' backfield sticks, Mostert could prove to be a fifth-round steal for fantasy players who bought in this offseason. He'll be a high-end RB2 with RB1 upside next week against the Jets.

- Rotoworld

I dunno what draft he lasted until the 5th round, but ok.

Edited by The Frankman
13 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

I dunno what draft he lasted until the 5th round, but ok.

Most drafts, actually. He's going to be an unsung hero for a lot of teams if he keeps getting work like he did today.

... which is very weird because on Fantasy Football Calculator his rank in 12-team Non-PPR ranged from 2.12 to 4.09. Now that was only a 1-week average and he did have a decently high standard deviation, so take that any way you want.

2 minutes ago, The Frankman said:

... which is very weird because on Fantasy Football Calculator his rank in 12-team Non-PPR ranged from 2.12 to 4.09. Now that was only a 1-week average and he did have a decently high standard deviation, so take that any way you want.

In my drafts this year.  Over half he was around in the 5th.  I don't think it's as crazy as you say for him to have gone round 5 this year.

12 minutes ago, Deamon said:

His ADP was 5.03 so I'd say many drafts he lasted until the 5th round. 

Exactly where I took him. 

i was sweating with 2 Niners fans at the 1-2 spots, but I really wanted Ridley who I thought slipped. got lucky and got both. 

I took him at the end of the 3rd in a 10 teamer (9th pick).  Probably could have gotten him in the 4th (i was between he and Gurley there as the league went very RB heavy the first two rounds and I had grabbed Michael Thomas with one of my 2 picks so far).  Ended up getting Gurley after the turn anyway.  No way he makes it to the end of the 5th so I knew I had to pull the trigger on one of those spots.  It was those two or Gordon or David Johnson really at that point.

FWIW, when Mostert headed to the locker room just before half time, he was walking normal, carrying his helmet and smiling as he was talking to the trainer that was walking with him.

Hoping its precautionary to keep him out, we still have Jet, Coleman and Wilson at RB.

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 2
3 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

FWIW, when Mostert headed to the locker room just before half time, he was walking normal, carrying his helmet and smiling as he was talking to the trainer that was walking with him.

Hoping its precautionary to keep him out, we still have Jet, Coleman and Wilson at RB.

On his last run, he was down for a few minutes and clearly limping heading off the field with the trainer.. I am glad he was laughing and walking ok, but after that he was ruled out, so it was serious enough to immediately rule him out.

Edited by PennStater77