What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (1 Viewer)

Wonder what his work load will be heading forward?? The Niners have 3 RB. Mostert is the best and most explosive but he isn’t going to have  80 yard TD every week. Is he even a safe start??

Wonder what his work load will be heading forward?? The Niners have 3 RB. Mostert is the best and most explosive but he isn’t going to have  80 yard TD every week. Is he even a safe start??
Nobody will notice until about Wednesday or Thursday. On the radio they said he was feeling fine but they were up and the Jets weren’t getting anything done so they didn’t want to risk further injury

if that all proves to be the case then yes, you can trust him. He was on pace for 20 touches and could’ve had a much bigger day.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

49ers believe RB Raheem Mostert suffered a mild sprain of the MCL. How long Mostert will be sidelined depends on the MRI.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Raheem Mostert has a "mild" MCL sprain.

Mostert is headed for an MRI, which will reveal the extent of his injury. Coach Kyle Shanahan downplayed the severity, as did Schefter. That's the good news, but Mostert still should be treated as questionable for Week 3. These MCL sprains range from no time missed to multiple weeks, assuming it's not completely torn. When healthy, Mostert looks like a true difference maker for Shanahan's explosive rushing offense. He's handled most of the ground work and can be treated as a top-20 fantasy back when back to full health. Hopefully that's soon. Tevin Coleman would slide into the 1A role if Mostert misses time. Jerick McKinnon is the passing-down back either way.

"Mild" MCL sprain means 1-2 weeks at least, 4 tops. It's really a tear of the meniscus from contact made. It's like striking a blow with a hammer to that joint.

"Mild" MCL sprain means 1-2 weeks at least, 4 tops. It's really a tear of the meniscus from contact made. It's like striking a blow with a hammer to that joint.
Let’s wait for the MRI. Mild MCL could also mean he suits up next week.

all sprains are small tears. Some get inflamed, some don’t. 1-2 week wouldn’t shock me, but imma wait for the official word. Niners lost too many good players for me to get depressed about it any more than needed. ;)  

Raheem Mostert (knee) rushed eight times for 92 yards and one score in the 49ers' Week 2 win over the Jets before exiting in the second quarter with a knee injury.

Mostert left just before halftime versus the Jets and did not return in the third quarter. He began the game with an 80-yard touchdown score and nearly added a second long run but it was called back due to a penalty. ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Raheem Mostert has a "mild" MCL sprain. Mostert is headed for an MRI, which will reveal the extent of his injury. Coach Kyle Shanahan downplayed the severity, as did Schefter. That's the good news, but Mostert still should be treated as questionable for Week 3.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
49ers coachh Kyle Shanahan said Raheem Mostert (MCL sprain) "likely won't play" in Week 3 against the Giants.

Mostert's timetable to return remains unclear. The 49ers fortunately have a soft matchup on-paper against New York in Week 3, cementing Jerick McKinnon and, to a lesser extent, Jeff Wilson in a tremendous spot in the interim. UDFA JaMycal Hasty is also on the team's practice squad. Expect McKinnon to file in as an RB2 in RotoPat's Rankings later this week, especially with Jimmy Garoppolo (high-ankle sprain, questionable) still on the mend.

SOURCE: Eric Branch on Twitter

Sep 21, 2020, 3:43 PM ET

Raheem Mostert (MCL sprain) remained sidelined for Wednesday's practice.

Mostert's injury has been termed a "mild" MCL sprain, which verges on an oxymoron. His timetable to return remains unclear. Mostert was not needed against a woeful Giants team, but the Eagles could present a slightly more difficult test in Week 4. Jeff Wilson and Jerick McKinnon will continue to share the backfield in McKinnon's absence.

Sep 30, 2020, 5:44 PM ET

49ers RB Raheem Mostert (knee) didn't practice Thursday. 

Mostert is now almost two weeks removed from a so-called mild MCL sprain. He's looking unlikely to go this week against the Eagles. Jerick McKinnon and Jeff Wilson should share the workload in Week 4. 

SOURCE: Matt Barrows on Twitter 

Oct 1, 2020, 3:36 PM ET

Raheem Mostert (knee) returned to a limited practice Wednesday.

This is Mostert's first practice since going down with an MCL sprain in Week 2. He now looks on track to play Sunday barring a setback. The 49ers project for a run-heavy gamescript against Miami, but Mostert's workload could be managed in a likely committee with Jerick McKinnon.

Oct 7, 2020, 4:14 PM ET

Not sure I have the stones to play him just yet.  So Gurley stays in my lineup...

If ATL had a tougher matchup, Id probably go Mostert...but has the feel of a game SF will ease him back.

I'd want to make sure he's practiced every day this week before I think of inserting him in the lineup.

I may need him now that D. Henry is at risk. Will be Mostert vs. L. Bell. vs. D. Freeman for that slot.

Not sure I have the stones to play him just yet.  So Gurley stays in my lineup...

If ATL had a tougher matchup, Id probably go Mostert...but has the feel of a game SF will ease him back.
I’m starting him if he starts. 

Local talk: he left the game 3 weeks ago because the turf was murdering our guys, they had a lead, and Mostert was waiting for word on his very, very pregnant wife. His injury was thought to be the mildest variety of sprain, and he wasn’t expected to miss time. 

The next week he didn’t even make the trip out so he could be there for the birth of his child. 

Last week with no JimmyG in what they thought was a winnable game, they went with another week of rest. 

If he logs even a single full, or daily limited practices and starts, I’m starting him. I do not believe he had a 3 week injury. I believe he had a minor tweak & the team gave him a pass for the birth of his child. 

Local talk: he left the game 3 weeks ago because the turf was murdering our guys, they had a lead, and Mostert was waiting for word on his very, very pregnant wife. His injury was thought to be the mildest variety of sprain, and he wasn’t expected to miss time. 

The next week he didn’t even make the trip out so he could be there for the birth of his child. 

Last week with no JimmyG in what they thought was a winnable game, they went with another week of rest. 

If he logs even a single full, or daily limited practices and starts, I’m starting him. I do not believe he had a 3 week injury. I believe he had a minor tweak & the team gave him a pass for the birth of his child. 
Interesting. 

Hope that's all true.

Would love for him to start and have his guns cocked and loaded. Think I need him this week with D. Henry / TN shenanigans.

Interesting. 

Hope that's all true.
I do too. lol

it is 100% true that he didn’t make the trip to NY for the Giants game for the birth of his child, and that the team had been planning for a couple of weeks to facilitate his being there for it (even working out something with the Browns)  

https://www.espn.co.uk/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/37122/mcl-injury-baby-on-the-way-matching-jim-brown-san-francisco-49ers-raheem-mostert-wild-week

it is 100% my speculation, and the speculation of some of our local sports radio personalities that his extended absence may have something to do with that. 

Would love for him to start and have his guns cocked and loaded. Think I need him this week with D. Henry / TN shenanigans.
Same. I need him this week against a tough opponent if I’m to have a chance at 5-0. 

49ers must win vs Miami to avoid sinking further in their division, especially since after this week they face the Rams, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Saints, Rams again and Bills. Oof.

I too, think he plays, and plays well.

Hot Sauce Guy said:

Seems fairly reasonable, considering they haven't been desperate, and reports were it was a minor injury..

The niners have been extremely unlucky with injuries, but maintain a solid on field product......makes total sense to make sure Mostert is 💯 as it's a long grind to the finish line.

And the thing about Mostert, as we've seen, he can do A LOT with limited touches.....sign me up

Hot Sauce Guy said:

No kidding, I hadn't heard any of that. Not that I've been listening. Well I'm probably rolling with him if he plays no matter what, but that is even more encouraging.

No kidding, I hadn't heard any of that. Not that I've been listening. Well I'm probably rolling with him if he plays no matter what, but that is even more encouraging.
Again: it is 100% speculation, but some of the guys on local sports talk speculated the same. 

Also, Shanahan isn’t usually cagey with injuries, so it was odd that it went from no time missed to missing a game, then missing a 2nd game.

I’ll wait for further practice news, but the timing is definitely worth noting. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I do too. lol

it is 100% true that he didn’t make the trip to NY for the Giants game for the birth of his child, and that the team had been planning for a couple of weeks to facilitate his being there for it (even working out something with the Browns)  

https://www.espn.co.uk/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/37122/mcl-injury-baby-on-the-way-matching-jim-brown-san-francisco-49ers-raheem-mostert-wild-week

it is 100% my speculation, and the speculation of some of our local sports radio personalities that his extended absence may have something to do with that. 

Same. I need him this week against a tough opponent if I’m to have a chance at 5-0. 
Did you guys see highlights of him running with the ball in practice? He looked fantastic...I’m absolutely starting him this week 

I think Mostert will sit this week but if he goes I will still place Jet McKinnon ahead of him for this week and in PPR both will have equal value moving forward. This needs to be a 2 man backfield between Mostert and Jet, useless Coleman needs to be out of the mix..

I think Mostert will sit this week but if he goes I will still place Jet McKinnon ahead of him for this week and in PPR both will have equal value moving forward. This needs to be a 2 man backfield between Mostert and Jet, useless Coleman needs to be out of the mix..
Where are you getting the idea that he will sit this week? I think he plays and will will get enough touches to be put in all lineups. 

Listening to sports talk 95.7 the game on the way back from the 9-hole, it sounds like we should know before the game Sunday morning, and it’s “up to Mostert”.

seeing as he practiced 3 days in a row, I’d bet he plays. 

Listening to sports talk 95.7 the game on the way back from the 9-hole, it sounds like we should know before the game Sunday morning, and it’s “up to Mostert”.

seeing as he practiced 3 days in a row, I’d bet he plays. 
That means the medical staff gave clearance, so barring an unforeseen setback, he’s probably going to suit up. If he’s playing, I’m starting him. 

Users who are viewing this thread