What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

I think I own every share of him in every league I am in because to me he stuck out like a sore thumb for where you could draft him even as the season got closer and the value and ROI.......and based most of my drafts around him being my locked in RB2....with that said....I may wait another week before plugging him back in....if I miss on a big week, so be it.....but I’ve made it without him the last few weeks....I don’t want the donut or a bad game script that limits his impact....I have other options I am comfortable with....if you “need” him that bad....you might be in trouble anyway so to speak....don’t think you should be “counting” on his production.....hopefully if you play him, its kind of like anything you get is gravy...

I think I own every share of him in every league I am in because to me he stuck out like a sore thumb for where you could draft him even as the season got closer and the value and ROI.......and based most of my drafts around him being my locked in RB2....with that said....I may wait another week before plugging him back in....if I miss on a big week, so be it.....but I’ve made it without him the last few weeks....I don’t want the donut or a bad game script that limits his impact....I have other options I am comfortable with....if you “need” him that bad....you might be in trouble anyway so to speak....don’t think you should be “counting” on his production.....hopefully if you play him, its kind of like anything you get is gravy...
I’m 4-0 and “‘need him that bad” - in the sense that I want my starting lineup. I have Zeke & MSanders but I’m trying to fill 2 RB & a flex. 

The only question for me is if he’s starting. And If he’s playing, I’m playing him. He’s a home run hitter & JimmyG is back. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
I’m 4-0 and “‘need him that bad” - in the sense that I want my starting lineup. I have Zeke & MSanders but I’m trying to fill 2 RB & a flex. 

The only question for me is if he’s starting. And If he’s playing, I’m playing him. He’s a home run hitter & JimmyG is back. 
His big play upside makes it hard to sit him if he’s playing. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t play. 

Unfortunately, this is a late game. Unless Shefty comes out early in the A.M tmrw saying he'll be active people (like me) may have tough calls to make.

May be forced to go with L. Bell minus active info. Can't afford a goose egg.

Liked Sheft news more. This doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies:

Jene Bramel

@JeneBramel

Raheem Mostert > Shanahan not optimistic about Mostert playing earlier this week but rehab/practice went very well, now clearly trending toward playing > Game script, how knee responds to early series will affect playing time, but would expect more limited role than usual

Yeah no real reason to rush him back unless he gets a couple Fulls in. They have other rushers healthy and shouldn't need Mostert to beat Miami.
:goodposting:

would not start him this week unless I had no other decent option

even if he plays how do you trust his usage?

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting:

would not start him this week unless I had no other decent option

even if he plays how do you trust his usage?
I'm starting him, but I don't have too much in the way of options. I could start Preston WIlliams at flex. Or Henry Ruggs. Or Tre'quan Smith. I could have started Damien Harris but for the move of the game to next Sunday. But all of those, even before Harris's unavailability, I venture, have bigger questions about their roles/health.

Basically, if you're in the creek, grab a Mostert paddle. 

I'm starting him, but I don't have too much in the way of options. I could start Preston WIlliams at flex. Or Henry Ruggs. Or Tre'quan Smith. I could have started Damien Harris but for the move of the game to next Sunday. But all of those, even before Harris's unavailability, I venture, have bigger questions about their roles/health.

Basically, if you're in the creek, grab a Mostert paddle. 
Similarly struggling between Mostert, Gallup, and Josh Kelley. 

Trying to divine the true health. Our bay area hot sauce friend is extremely positive, but the news I read doesn't seem quite so (e.g., Shanahan quote yesterday). Mostert is so damn good that I bounce back and forth between tea leaves and my 15 year old rule "if the guy plays, he's healthy."

Mostert is so damn good that I bounce back and forth between tea leaves and my 15 year old rule "if the guy plays, he's healthy."
Ah, and thus we have the age-old problem of flexibility vs. absolutism in principles and precedent. Hey, you could teach a jurisprudence class with this example.

Mostert actually strikes me as a guy that really does need to be healthy to be effective between the tackles.

The allure of him, however, is not between the tackles, but on those really speedy yet loping runs he breaks off for fifty-plus yards. I, too, have Kelley -- only he's on the bench in favor of Mostert. I'm an underdog anyway this week so I roll the dice.

first went RoJo over Mostert and liked that decision.

Now have Gurley in at flex over him.   Just think you would be banking on that big run as I dont see him getting volume the first week back when McKinnon has been reliable for SF.

Definitely feel for those who have the questionable options.

When it came down it, I started Kelley over Mostert in one league and Mostert over the receivers listed above in the other of my main two. Split the difference, though I reserve the right to put Mostert back in over Kelley. Just not sure I want a hurt guy nuking two fantasy games. 

eta* I changed my mind. Mostert back in for now.

Have Gibson over Mostert but could start both. Have Watkins in at flex over Mostert and Trequan. Tempted to play Mostert instead though.

Been using McKinnon, now have to decide whether he’ll still get enough touches or audible and go to Slayton against the porous Cowboys defense.  

I have to decide between Mostert and McKinnon in PPR.  If I am behind and need a big game I will go with Mostert, if I have a lead I will go with McKinnon.
I have the same problem. I’ve even flirted with the idea of staring BOTH. I figure Mosterts good for 4 carries, 84 yards and a TD. McKinnon is good for 13 carries, 65 yards, 5 catches, 54 yards with a rec TD. 

:loco:

I’m leaning toward Mostert over Beckham in my flex. It’s non-PPR. I Keep reading how this is not a good matchup for OBJ, and so far this season when it’s been a tough defense he hasn’t delivered. Praying for a Mostert TD and A double digit points day.

I didn’t see the game but the stat line looked really good considering the blowout. For anyone who watched this - how did he look? Somebody in the injury thread mentioned he came off limping at some point, did he finish ok?

I didn’t see the game but the stat line looked really good considering the blowout. For anyone who watched this - how did he look? Somebody in the injury thread mentioned he came off limping at some point, did he finish ok?
He looked strong, ran with purpose and his usual good vision. Caught three balls for 29 yards also, you love to see your RBs average over 8 yards per reception.

I watched the game.  I thought he was the best player on the 49ers today.  He would get a carry and would run for 4-8 yards everytime.  Then, Shanahan would try to get Jimmy G going.  That changeed the gamescript.  They should have relied on Mostert more often.  

Raheem Mostert played 31 of 64 offensive snaps for the 49ers in their Week 5 loss to the Dolphins. 

Jerick McKinnon, coming off workhorse usage with Mostert sidelined, saw just six snaps against Miami. Mostert rushed 11 times for 90 yards in his return to primary-back duties. McKinnon got four targets to Mostert's three. McKinnon should be stashed in every fantasy league, though he won't be startable in Week 6 against the Rams. Mostert profiles as a fine RB2 in Week 6. 

RELATED: 

Jerick McKinnon

SOURCE: Adam Levitan on Twitter 

Oct 12, 2020, 10:13 AM ET

Raheem Mostert left Week 6 against the Rams with an ankle injury.

Mostert was injured at the end of the first half. He tried to play through it on the 49ers' first drive of the third quarter but limped off after only one snap. Mostert racked up 17 carries for 65 yards before exiting. The quick rule out isn't a good sign for his Week 7 status.

Oct 18, 2020, 10:20 PM ET

Any post game comments from Shanahan on this?

If he tried to play on it I can't imagine it being too bad like a high ankle sprain.

Any post game comments from Shanahan on this?

If he tried to play on it I can't imagine it being too bad like a high ankle sprain.
Yeah, we just hope its not the dreaded high ankle, because that will put him on the shelf for a month or so

I never saw any play that he looked like he injured himself.  I think there was a late first half reception where it looked like he moved weird to catch the ball but it just looked weird not like he injured himself.  Very bizarre injury situations with him.  You never really see what happens and they never replay anything and then he is injured.  Even his first carry of the 2nd half.  He got the carry, got tackled, and then left the field.  It never really looked like he was hobbled.   

I never saw any play that he looked like he injured himself.  I think there was a late first half reception where it looked like he moved weird to catch the ball but it just looked weird not like he injured himself.  Very bizarre injury situations with him.  You never really see what happens and they never replay anything and then he is injured.  Even his first carry of the 2nd half.  He got the carry, got tackled, and then left the field.  It never really looked like he was hobbled.   
bodes well for this not being a HAS...thx for the info

What was strange the entire 2nd half he was out: He was ruled out but kept his helmet on the whole game as if he may come back in.

It’s telling to me that after Mostert went down, Hasty came in and was 9/37

McKinnon played the whole game and was 6/18 
I hear ya but one snow flake does not constitute a storm. Overall McKinnon has looked really good overall this year and should be first in line but as we all know there can always be Shananagins with his RB's.

I hear ya but one snow flake does not constitute a storm. Overall McKinnon has looked really good overall this year and should be first in line but as we all know there can always be Shananagins with his RB's.
Shanahan will not want to pound McKinnon. He'll get plenty of touches.

I think he'll use Hasty as a hammer.

Honestly as a Mostert owner, I am going to look some place else.. Too many question marks with what the SF RB situation is going to be. Probably by committee which will be a mess.

Shanahan will not want to pound McKinnon. He'll get plenty of touches.

I think he'll use Hasty as a hammer.
Watching the game on Sunday, he didn't seem like the hammer type, IMO.

Just looked at his thread in the Pool, and this was in the write-up from the original post:

While undersized at just 5-foot-8, 205 pounds, Hasty makes up for his smaller stature with impressive burst and breakaway speed. The Texas native also has impressive receiving skills and made a living on special teams while at Baylor.

Hasty is never going to be a lead back in the NFL. He simply doesn’t have the size, power, or balance to be able to handle 15+ carries per game at the running back position.
He got all his touches in the 4th quarter, so maybe he will be the hammer/finisher/closer, etc.  Doesn't seem like that's his best role, though. 

Users who are viewing this thread