What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

snogger

Footballguy
Hmmm.. Definitely can have some "fun" this week with QB's.. Osweiler @ the Bears for $6k..

Guessing the high percentage ownership for cheap QB this week though will be ..... :mellow:

Saying that.... I'm leaning towards Stafford for only $7k vs. Oak in Detroit..

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick glance

Freeman vs IND

CharcWest vs SD

Stevie Johnson vs KC

Car at home vs WAS

ETA:

Very little thought but I don't hate it yet. Will tweak more and more

Keenum

Freeman

West

Julio

Dez (if Romo returns)

S. Johnson

A. Gates

Gostkowski

Panthers

At his price point it's gonna be so easy to hit value for Keenum. Colts defense hasn't been great and I see both Julio and Freeman feasting. The chargers run D is horrible and West has been playing well.

Stevie and Gates are the beneficiary of Rivers chucking the ball a lot and the best talent of the bunch(sans green) that receiving core is depleted and Gates always gets his targets.

K is pretty standard

Panthers @ home vs WAS I love. I don't think cousins is legit. The Saints defense is just terrible. He comes back down to earth in a big way.

Thoughts?

I've had good success early this season building my 6-8 weekly entries around three or four key players. But this has crushed my teams last couple weeks. This week I am going to build more diverse rosters, because many of the players that seemed like sure things recently have stunk.

I got my entries in before the 2:30 NY cutoff so I'm good for one more week!

As usual I'll spend the next few days trying to convince myself to not play the 4.8k qb.

As usual I'll spend the next few days trying to convince myself to not play the 4.8k qb.
Yea.. Difficult NOT to use him vs. a pretty bad Ravens Defense.. :)

Feels like these players are bargains this week:

Charmander West

Ronnie Hillman

Lamar Miller

Erik Decker (bargain every week)

Kamar Aiken

Davante Adams
Greg Olsen

mrip541 said:

I wonder how much of a difference it will be this week with players from NY not being able to participate.

Loipz said:
Quick glance

Freeman vs IND

CharcWest vs SD

Stevie Johnson vs KC

Car at home vs WAS

ETA:

Very little thought but I don't hate it yet. Will tweak more and more

Keenum

Freeman

West

Julio

Dez (if Romo returns)

S. Johnson

A. Gates

Gostkowski

Panthers

At his price point it's gonna be so easy to hit value for Keenum. Colts defense hasn't been great and I see both Julio and Freeman feasting. The chargers run D is horrible and West has been playing well.

Stevie and Gates are the beneficiary of Rivers chucking the ball a lot and the best talent of the bunch(sans green) that receiving core is depleted and Gates always gets his targets.

K is pretty standard

Panthers @ home vs WAS I love. I don't think cousins is legit. The Saints defense is just terrible. He comes back down to earth in a big way.

Thoughts?
I like it. I only worry about having 3 players in the same game for KC vs SD. If uneasy about Keenum you could trying flipping Keenum/Julio for Carr/Amendola.

First Crack:

Matt Ryan

Devonta Freeman

Lamar Miller

Julio Jones

Danny Amendola

Stevie Johnson

Crockett Gillmore

Josh Lambo

Carolina D

Might use it in both 50/50's and gpps

Early Runs....

Bortles

Freeman

L Miller

Hopkins

Crabtree

S Johnson

Kelce

Bailey

Jets

Carr

McFadden

C West

J Jones

Fitz

Crabtree

D Walker

Gano

Panthers

My initial pass:

Carr

Charknado

Starks

Evans

Decker

Amendola

Gronk

Janikowski

Panthers

Don't love Evans against the Eagles, so may change that one out for another top WR, and would love to play Julio. Wondering if I can convince myself to play Osweiller or Keenum...

I usually get my contests for the week on Tuesday but didn't have time yesterday so looking at it this morning. Not seeing any triples, quintuples, or decent-sized doubles for Thursday at $10 and below. Do they typically not have those options later in the week?

I usually get my contests for the week on Tuesday but didn't have time yesterday so looking at it this morning. Not seeing any triples, quintuples, or decent-sized doubles for Thursday at $10 and below. Do they typically not have those options later in the week?
There has been overlay every Thurs for at least the last 2-3 weeks right before kickoff at the $2 level, that's for certain. The 852 and 568 person $2 doubles have not been filling. Not sure if that's why there are only 56 and 113 person posted now, but what I see today doesn't seem to jive with previous weeks.

So no ...... lineups? Was hoping that would be a thing. I havent looked at any research yet.
Quiet you... <_< at least this week any ways with the FBG GPP in play :whistle:
Personally, I think folks should employ the "roster a back-up QB because you never know when the starter will get hurt" technique. Can't recommend it enough actually.
That would have been a great play last week if you had big Ben.

I'm actually noticing that going down to Case doesnt open up a whole lot more in terms of total projected points. With guys like Crabtree and Johnson so cheap and projected to put up similar points to many 7,000+ guys, you dont gain a lot.

DukeBroadway said:
How many points will Case get handing the ball off to Gurley?
He is definitely a big :oldunsure: Then again..

Ravens D vs. the run 9th..

Ravens D vs. the pass 26th...

Scoresman said:
I'm actually noticing that going down to Case doesnt open up a whole lot more in terms of total projected points. With guys like Crabtree and Johnson so cheap and projected to put up similar points to many 7,000+ guys, you dont gain a lot.
That was a thought I had.

I do like this lineup because it comfortably fits in Gronk:

Keenum/West/Freeman/Fitz/Cooper/SJohnson/Gronk/Santos/Seattle

But this isn't so bad:

Carr/West/Freeman/Fitz/Crabtree/SJohnson/Olsen/Gostkowski/Carolina

A big question this week for me will be....is the Tyrod that played NE last time the same Tyrod we are seeing now? First thought is Carr seems alot safer.

The way that Mark Sanchez locked onto Jordan Matthews last year, I'm wondering if Matthews is a value play this week.

Am I missing something on DeAndre Hopkins this week? Why would he be listed as such a big value play vs. the Jets/Revis? Revis injured?

One thing in Hopkin's favor is that the game should be the second fastest pace of the week. Not sure that overrides him facing Revis though.

There has been overlay every Thurs for at least the last 2-3 weeks right before kickoff at the $2 level, that's for certain. The 852 and 568 person $2 doubles have not been filling. Not sure if that's why there are only 56 and 113 person posted now, but what I see today doesn't seem to jive with previous weeks.
They're up now. Dunno what the issue was earlier today.

Seems like everyone's got the same players sans a few lol

I'm at

Thursday cash slate:

Carr

West

Freeman

Robinson

Crabtree

Stevie Johnson

Olsen

Santos

Panthers

Taking advantage of Keenum

Sunday cash

Keenum

Gurley

Freeman

Julio

Crabtree

Stevie Johnson

Gates

Walsh

Panthers

Idk though the west matchup is $$$ so maybe not the second.

Early Runs....

Bortles

Freeman

L Miller

Hopkins

Crabtree

S Johnson

Kelce

Bailey

Jets

Carr

McFadden

C West

J Jones

Fitz

Crabtree

D Walker

Gano

Panthers
Ok I have tinkered around some and gotten the QB/WR/TE stack how I want it for these two Thursday cash games...

Newton

C West

McFadden

J Jones

L Fitz

S Johnson

Olsen

Gano

Bears

Carr

D Freeman

McFadden

Cooper

M Evans

Amendola

Gates

Prater

NY Jets

I am only using McFadden in both lineups and at 6800 he doesn't need a huge game to make value. I got burned last week by not having enough diversity in my 3 lineups so I am going to cut down to 2 this week and try to be more diverse. Good luck to everyone who is starting tonight. Hopefully there isn't any injury news today that makes me adjust these.

Game scripts...

Dolphins jump out early...good week for a fish stack.

Bills control MNF with a strong run game...good week for mccoy and gostkowski.

Thoughts?

Probably playing Sunday or thur-sun because Patriots scare me to fade and I don't trust them right now to use them

Game scripts...

Dolphins jump out early...good week for a fish stack.

Bills control MNF with a strong run game...good week for mccoy and gostkowski.

Thoughts?
The weather in Miami is going to be windy and rainy. Horrible conditions. I think I'm fading the entire game.

Let's say you're building 2 lineups for a given slate, mostly or completely unique to each other. Do you still try to not cross-contaminate the players between the lineups? For example, you love the RB you have in lineup #1, he's a lock for you, and the QB of his team is on your list of cash QBs that you would play. Salary wise, that QB is nicely fitting into lineup #2. What do you do? Once you pick that RB to lead #1, do you rule out that QB in #2?

Let's say you're building 2 lineups for a given slate, mostly or completely unique to each other. Do you still try to not cross-contaminate the players between the lineups? For example, you love the RB you have in lineup #1, he's a lock for you, and the QB of his team is on your list of cash QBs that you would play. Salary wise, that QB is nicely fitting into lineup #2. What do you do? Once you pick that RB to lead #1, do you rule out that QB in #2?
I'm no expert, but if I absolutely love the matchup for both, I play both. No hesitation. Same for if it's RB/WR/TEETA:

Obviously I mean 2 though, I try to avoid 3.

JFS171 said:
My initial pass:

Carr

Charknado

Starks

Evans

Decker

Amendola

Gronk

Janikowski

Panthers

Don't love Evans against the Eagles, so may change that one out for another top WR, and would love to play Julio. Wondering if I can convince myself to play Osweiller or Keenum...
Tweaked a bit... I love Sanchez at $6,400 this week at home against the Bucs pretty woeful pass D. He's got weapons, the Bucs are better against the ground game, and it doesn't take much to offset that $6,400 price tag. I love Carr too, but he's $1300 more expensive, and Osweiller at $6K is intriguing but also scary. Put it this way: if Bradford was $6,400, we'd probably be looking that way in a good matchup. Sanchez may actually be a better fit for that offense right now.

Sanchize

Freeman

Charknado

Decker

Crabtree

Amendola

Gronk

Bullock ($4,500 K)

Panthers D

I think Alex Smith has the safest floor, but hate the idea of starting both Smith and C. West. Ive got Sanchez in some small slates and other sites.

Anyone else looking at Murray this week? 6 receptions per game over his past two... the Eagles run the ball like crazy and could lean on him more with Sanchez in the game. It's a game they should likely control, and Murray usually gets goal line work as well, so good bet for a TD.

Seems like a relative bargain with no Ryan Mathews this week.

Users who are viewing this thread