What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 11 (1 Viewer)

Anyone else looking at Murray this week? 6 receptions per game over his past two... the Eagles run the ball like crazy and could lean on him more with Sanchez in the game. It's a game they should likely control, and Murray usually gets goal line work as well, so good bet for a TD.

Seems like a relative bargain with no Ryan Mathews this week.
I'm kicking the tires. Seems like a reasonable cash play to me, but after my RB work last week my confidence level is pretty low in my ability to pick RBs.

I'm starting to warm up to using Tannehill at $7000 this week. I remember that he is a pretty under-rated rusher, and I pulled up the stats just now from this year and he has 17 attempts for 44 yards... ridiculously low. Sure enough I go to his Rotoworld page and there's a blurb there about Dan Campbell wanting Tannehill to use his legs more. I'll be throwing him in a GPP.

So no Case Keenum lineups? Was hoping that would be a thing. I havent looked at any research yet.
Toying around with this one at the moment...

Keenum

West

Woodhead

Jones

Evans

Fitzgerald

Olsen

Gostkowski

Seahawks

still have $300 to spare...hmmm...could swap Woodhead for Langford with that $300 or downsize slightly at K or D and get to McFadden over Woodhead for $400

Last edited by a moderator:
As I contemplate Keenum for Sunday, I threw him in 2 gpps tonight. He comes in at 2.6% (single entry 14k people) and 3.2% (multi 4700 people).

Note - Blount 6%, Murray 8.5%, Sproles .4%, Decker 7.1%, Austin 4.3% and 4.7%.

Also, Sanchez 1.5% with Matthews 3.2% out of 69k people.

Wish they wanted to throw it more in the red zone rather than hand it to their 2nd string rb 5 times.

Even though I didn't request a deposit, Fandual wants me to verify my account within 9 days (including SS). Has anybody else had to do this without a deposit request? I'm hesitant to give my SS number to them for just to have in their database.

James Daulton said:
Even though I didn't request a deposit, Fandual wants me to verify my account within 9 days (including SS). Has anybody else had to do this without a deposit request? I'm hesitant to give my SS number to them for just to have in their database.
A deposit request doesn't trigger anything with respect to reporting. If you win above the threshold for reporting to the IRS ($600.00 I think), FD (or any other DFS) has to send a 1099 reflecting that income to the IRS, whether you leave the cash with FD (or any other DFS) or not. If you've won that much or close to that much for 2014, they are going to need to get your SSN. It can't be avoided.

James Daulton said:
A deposit request doesn't trigger anything with respect to reporting. If you win above the threshold for reporting to the IRS ($600.00 I think), FD (or any other DFS) has to send a 1099 reflecting that income to the IRS, whether you leave the cash with FD (or any other DFS) or not. If you've won that much or close to that much for 2014, they are going to need to get your SSN. It can't be avoided.
Ugh, has most everyone here given their SSN to them? It makes me uneasy.

James Daulton said:
I got the request, but it did not include my SSN though.

I would wait a few days if you can.... :unsure:

James Daulton said:
I got the request, but it did not include my SSN though.

I would wait a few days if you can.... :unsure:
If you want to play, I wouldn't wait too long. I doubt these guys are going to be willing to do anything that could get them any further scrutiny. If the IRS requires them to get information, you can bet they're going to get the information, and if they can't they'll freeze your account until they do get it.

The SS# was optional on the form I had to fill out a week or so ago. I got it out of the blue. No deposit or withdrawal request. Honestly I think it has more to do with confirming your address since states are starting to flop. If the get your SS# with that confirmation, they'll take it.

Do you guys think they are verifying the SSN's? I also think once you win over $600 for the calendar year they will ask you to verify with SSN or they will shut down your account.

Giving my real SSN too Fanduel makes me feel like I'm giving it to the mob or to leaving it on the doorstep of a frat house. Identity fraud can ruin your life and credit, not sure I'm interested in giving them this sensitive info.

Do you guys think they are verifying the SSN's? I also think once you win over $600 for the calendar year they will ask you to verify with SSN or they will shut down your account.

Giving my real SSN too Fanduel makes me feel like I'm giving it to the mob or to leaving it on the doorstep of a frat house. Identity fraud can ruin your life and credit, not sure I'm interested in giving them this sensitive info.
That's where I'm at unless I have a ton of $$ to withdraw. I have several hundred but nothing worth risking identify theft for.

You ssn is going to be as safe with Fanduel as it is with your Healthcare provider or whoever else has it. I feel like I get 5 emails a year now from a company who got hacked and millions of ssn numbers were taken.

If you are worried put a fraud alert on your ssn.

You ssn is going to be as safe with Fanduel as it is with your Healthcare provider or whoever else has it. I feel like I get 5 emails a year now from a company who got hacked and millions of ssn numbers were taken.

Exactly. Various government entities have your SSN. Do you really think it's safer there than it is with FD?

Back to football. I don't seem to be as high on Gates as most, so last night I went with Walker which worked out to the tune of 14.9pts. My other TE was Olsen. Does anyone have any feedback on how popular Gates was last night?

Exactly. Various government entities have your SSN. Do you really think it's safer there than it is with FD?
Probably not. However, DFS still kind of seems like the wild west and these dudes haven't exactly engendered confidence with their decision making to date.

Back to football. I don't seem to be as high on Gates as most, so last night I went with Walker which worked out to the tune of 14.9pts. My other TE was Olsen. Does anyone have any feedback on how popular Gates was last night?

Also, how did you guys say you pulled "pro" lineups based on Thursday contests? Thought I remember some chatter about that last week.
I didn't have Gates going last night, but Olsen was around 19% owned and Walker about 29%.

Gates apparently injured his hip. Sounds like I'll be dropping him out. Green hurt too.

Thinking about doing more Sunday only games this week. I'm struggling to figure out the game script for the NE vs Buffalo game. NE went pass heavy last time, but given their injuries, I think it's only 60/40 they do the same thing this time. I don't love any of Brady/Gronk/Blount/McCoy/Watkins this week, but think its entirely possible that one or more of them completely blows up.

Anybody else thinking the same?

ETA: Hate sitting there on Monday night and watching money evaporate.

Put it this way, of my 5 traditional weekly entries, one will feature sanchez (and ertz and demarco) and none will include brady. Only pats i like this week are amendola and gostkowski.

Thinking about doing more Sunday only games this week. I'm struggling to figure out the game script for the NE vs Buffalo game. NE went pass heavy last time, but given their injuries, I think it's only 60/40 they do the same thing this time. I don't love any of Brady/Gronk/Blount/McCoy/Watkins this week, but think its entirely possible that one or more of them completely blows up.

You've basically described my take on that team all season long. Brady is about the only constant, but he's so highly priced that you need a really big game out of him or he hurts you. The others can all go off, but aren't reliable enough for me in a cash game. I've basically faded the Pats all season, with exceptions for occasional cheap plays.

I think the top scorers of this game are either Blount or Gronk. Buffalo was a better team when they faced NE in BUF in week 2... I guess you could argue so were the Patriots, but they are getting 3 of their offensive linemen back (Vollmer, Jackson, Cannon) this week, are playing at home, and have until Monday to get their guys healthy. I could see Patriots scoring ~35 pts.

I didn't give them my SS number. They have no need to know this.

Looked at it all week and have it narrowed down to ...

Cash-FD-Sun Only

Stafford

Freeman/West

Calvin (Evans ... sleeping on it)

Crabtree

Johnson

Olsen

Sea Bass

Seattle

Stafford

Freeman/West

Calvin

Evans

S Johnson

Ertz

Prater

Seattle

Sun-Mon

Stafford

DMC/West

Calvin (Evans)

Crabtree

Amendola

Gronk

Sea Bass

Seattle

If DMC has cramps ...

Stafford

Miller/West

Calvin

Crabtree

S johnson

Gronk

Sea Bass

Seattle

Thoughts ...

• I don't feel Freeman is a "must play" for cash this week. DMC, Miller and West all present great value and match-ups
  • I cannot get a read on the NEW game and potential script. Lots of assumptions on Amendola's usage and my understanding is that the Pats are down several starting OL. That has the potential to turn into more 2 and 3 TE sets versus anything spread/up tempo. In theory it could benefit Amendola but would limit Gronk. And ... is THIS the week you see White or Bolden introduced into the base offense in some capacity? The game is so hard to read I may fade the Sun-Mon slate, as not to have to deal with it.
  • Olsen is an easy fit on Sun Only with the value play WR (Crabtree & S Johnson) but not a warm fuzzy. Panthers can play an UGLY, 1976 style football game. Wins a game but not fun to watch nor does it produce FF gold.
  • Stafford feels just like Cousins did last week
  • Never a fan of paying above $5K for a defense but I think you just plug in Seattle this week and go. Panthers a nice alternative but Cousins could do enough in that game to limit the ROI. Seattle is going to set the 49ers franchise back tomorrow
  • Baaaaad man getting his feet wet ... love R Wilson tomorrow in GPP

Ones I've been looking at this week:

QB: Stafford, Carr, Osweiler (giving him a shot at $6k), and possibly Winston and Hasselbeck (only because they are cheap and matchups aren't too shabby)

RB: Freeman, D Murray, West, Stewart, L Murray

WR: J Jones, C Johnson, M Evans, J Landry, TY Hilton, A Cooper, M Crabtree, G Tate, D Amendola, T Austin, T Lockett

TE: J Witten, E Ebron, B Celek, J Tamme

going against the grain this week and completely fading West and Freeman in GPP's.

Subbing in D.Murray over West and Gurley over Freeman. West is going to be so highly owned gonna gamble he underperforms...or at least doesn't do as well as Murray.

I just can't get away from a LU with 2 stud receivers. Someone talk me out of it? Keenum can have a mostly pedestrian game and still meet value.

So the argument against 2 WR above $8000 is:

Jones is going to be covered by Vontae
Hopkins is going to be covered by Revis and TJ Yates is the QB
Dez is playing in a thunderstorm
AJ is going to be covered by either of ARI corners and bad Andy may be back
Calvin is perpetually injured and the Lions have been a dumpster fire all year
Evans drops a ton of passes, if his targets dip he could put up a stinker

Ive got a few lineups with Calvin and Evans myself stacking both their games, but have a hard time rostering the others.

Tricky week. Tons of cheap QBs and RB values to save money, but for what? Agree with Nixon that stud WRs are a mess this week.

I'm probably using my money on Freeman/Evans/Gronk but I don't LOVE that in cash.

Jaron Brown is my sleeper GPP play this week (also using him in a few cash games but that's a bit risky). Hoping that Floyd and Johnny B don't play (or are limited).

Anyhow hard to pass up at $4,500, leaves a lot of $ on the table. Even if the other 2 do play, I think Jaron will see more looks this week due to his last weeks performance after Floyd went out with the hammy.

And yes I know it's the Bengals but AZ is at home and look what Carson did last week to the Seahags in their house.

I can't believe no one has mentioned Jaron Brown yet in this thread, a steal at $4,500 IMO.

Final draft for me

Sanchez

Freeman

West

Fitzgerald

Decker

Crabtree

Olson

Catanzaro

Seahawks

Blaine Gabbert lead Santa Clara 9ers heading into Seattle is just too good to pass up even if they are pricy. He's going to get rekt.

Dodds 117.4

Stafford

McCoy / DeMarco

Megatron / Evans / Hankerson

Olsen / Gostkowski / Panthers

Dodds 125.6

Matty Ice

Charrizard / Langford

Julio / Fitz / Crabcakes

Tamme / Catmando / Seahags

Dodds 127.3

Dirty Sanchez

Charrizard / Freeman

Megatron / Demarius / Jordan Matthews

Ertz / Catmando / Seahags

Dodds 122.9

Carr

Charrizard / Gore

Cooper / Crabcakes / Julio

Olsen / Gould / Patriots

Dodds 117.5

Romo

McCoy / All Day

Dez / Amendola / Stevie

Whitten / House-sh-ka / Panthers

Exposure:

Charrizard (3),

McCoy, Julio, Crabcakes, Megatron, Olsen, Catmando, Panthers, Seahags (2)

A whopping $2 bet on each lineup. Tell me which one to put another $5 on.

Also, good luck to everyone in the FBG Fanduel Championship. It has been a really fun event.

I feel like I have way too much exposure to West, Crabtree, and s. Johnson....If these guys do bad, my weekend will be ruined.

So many affordable plays this week. I can build a lineup I really like w/ >$2000 left over. Might be a week I actually pay for Gronk in a lineup or 2, just because I have the cash.

I think the Freeman injury just ruined my Sunday. Helmet to helmet contact, and to the locker room.

Users who are viewing this thread