What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Spencer Ware, possibly the new work horse (1 Viewer)

Reid keeps mentioning Ware and Knile together in sentences. I won't have the budget to win Ware, is Knile an actual possible decent pickup here?

Reid keeps mentioning Ware and Knile together in sentences. I won't have the budget to win Ware, is Knile an actual possible decent pickup here?
I haven't seen either mentioned since Sunday - do you have links of Ware and/or Davis being discussed?

Here is a good and short write up in the weekly "gut check" by Waldman about Ware. He was even slated ahead of Rawls in Seattle before an injury and 2 DUI's sent him packing. Talent wasn't the issue. Still think he is the play over Davis.

chad in Indy said:
Hu-Tang Clan said:
Here is a good and short write up in the weekly "gut check" by Waldman about Ware. He was even slated ahead of Rawls in Seattle before an injury and 2 DUI's sent him packing. Talent wasn't the issue. Still think he is the play over Davis.
Good find. Hope he can blow up.

Trying to decide bet ware and gio in ppr. I have been racking my brain all day about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying to decide bet ware and gio in ppr. I have been taking my brain all day about it
I have both and will be deciding the same but I'm going to enjoy some good ol Turkey and beer first!

Tex

Trying to decide bet ware and gio in ppr. I have been taking my brain all day about it
I have both and will be deciding the same but I'm going to enjoy some good ol Turkey and beer first! Tex
Who did you decide to go with? I have Gio Buck Allen and Ware. Leaning Gio, Buck but this Ware kid is intriguing.

I have both and will be deciding the same but I'm going to enjoy some good ol Turkey and beer first! Tex
Who did you decide to go with? I have Gio Buck Allen and Ware. Leaning Gio, Buck but this Ware kid is intriguing.
I think this is an easy decision. If West is active and playing, I sit Ware. If he is not active, Ware is a start for sure. That KC RB spot get tons of carries and catches.

No practice this week for West.

Charcandrick West (hamstring) and Travis Kelce (ankle) are both listed as questionable for Week 12 against the Bills.
Kelce "tweaked" his ankle during Friday's practice, and his status is now in question against a Buffalo defense that all but eliminated Rob Gronkowski (2-37-0) last Monday night. West did not participate in any practices this week and seems to be on the doubtful side of his questionable tag. If West can't go against the Bills, power back Spencer Ware will get the start.

Admittidly I know nothing about this guy but I watched all his runs in this game and he seemed pretty nimble for a big back. It's such a small sample and even if he tears it up this year he will at best be in a RBBC with JC next year. Still he looked really good in the 2nd half of that game.

Its a flex position. I had Dez in the lineup but all signs pointed to a goose egg so i took him out at the last minute. Right now i have Gio but come tomorrow night i will look at which one is best to start this weekend.

Tex

Admittidly I know nothing about this guy but I watched all his runs in this game and he seemed pretty nimble for a big back. It's such a small sample and even if he tears it up this year he will at best be in a RBBC with JC next year.
What about West?

Admittidly I know nothing about this guy but I watched all his runs in this game and he seemed pretty nimble for a big back. It's such a small sample and even if he tears it up this year he will at best be in a RBBC with JC next year.
What about West?
Yeah that clouds the situation even more but at the very least we should have a pretty good idea how that shakes before the end of this season.

Without summarizing the whole article, I stopped and laughed at the very first quote.

"I think our mentality is still the running back by committee" offensive coordinator Doug Pederson said.

Typical bull#### coachspeak.

The Chiefs have basically been a "one back team" for years and years, and now all of a sudden their mentality is "still" running back by committee.

:no:

I know these guys have to speak to the media and answer incessant questions, but some times when I read what these guys say, I wish someone was around to tell them "Dude, just shut up. Seriously just shut up."

TZM

Without summarizing the whole article, I stopped and laughed at the very first quote.

"I think our mentality is still the running back by committee" offensive coordinator Doug Pederson said.

Typical bull#### coachspeak.

The Chiefs have basically been a "one back team" for years and years, and now all of a sudden their mentality is "still" running back by committee.

:no:

I know these guys have to speak to the media and answer incessant questions, but some times when I read what these guys say, I wish someone was around to tell them "Dude, just shut up. Seriously just shut up."

TZM
Agreed I had the same feeling exactly it went from Jamaal Charles to west to Spencer Ware even back in the priest Holmes day they never ran a running back by committee. The coache is talking out of his ###

There was not even a slight running back by committee it was always ride one back

Spencer has great value if he plays a significant role. In other words, BUMP for any new information.

KC D has been coming on too! KC D and Ware if he's the guy.

Ware ran like an animal last week. Great moves, fighting for tough yards, looked a lot more quick and elusive than you'd expect from a guy his size. Some massive potential here...

I really want to start Ware, BUT, I'd have to sit Ingram or Gurley, not so sure I can do that.

(and I have to win this week in that league so I know I'll make the wrong play)

I really want to start Ware, BUT, I'd have to sit Ingram or Gurley, not so sure I can do that.

(and I have to win this week in that league so I know I'll make the wrong play)
Sae boat here...I have the option to start over m Bryant but think I'll wait this out.

Even though Doug Martin has been awesome this year (NFL's second leading rusher), the fact that Winston loves to steal all tje goal line carries really has me tempted to sit him for Ware. Going to be frustrating to get 110 yards from Morris (while Winston gets two 1 yard TDs), and watch Ware get 100 total yards and 2 TDs on my bench.

Even though Doug Morris has been awesome this year (NFL's second leading rusher), the fact that Winston loves to steal all tje goal line carries really has me tempted to sit him for Ware. Going to be frustrating to get 110 yards from Morris (while Winston gets two 1 yard TDs), and watch Ware get 100 total yards and 2 TDs on my bench.
Who is Doug Morris? And why isn't he rostered in any of my leagues??

Even though Doug Morris has been awesome this year (NFL's second leading rusher), the fact that Winston loves to steal all tje goal line carries really has me tempted to sit him for Ware. Going to be frustrating to get 110 yards from Morris (while Winston gets two 1 yard TDs), and watch Ware get 100 total yards and 2 TDs on my bench.
Who is Doug Morris? And why isn't he rostered in any of my leagues??
Martin. Fixed it

Even though Doug Martin has been awesome this year (NFL's second leading rusher), the fact that Winston loves to steal all tje goal line carries really has me tempted to sit him for Ware. Going to be frustrating to get 110 yards from Morris (while Winston gets two 1 yard TDs), and watch Ware get 100 total yards and 2 TDs on my bench.
Jonathan Stewart owner over here wondering what you could possibly be complaint about?

Jonathan Stewart owner over here wondering what you could possibly be complaint about?
own them both. Feel your pain. ×2

Omg I'm racking my brain over who to start must WIN.......gio or ware in ppr I keep changing back and forth I'm a wreck. I could see ware get 100 and 2 or 50 and 0 tds no catches. On the other hand I could see Gio get 5 or 6 points and no touchdowns, or 100 yds rec. I don't know what to do

Omg I'm racking my brain over who to start must WIN.......gio or ware in ppr I keep changing back and forth I'm a wreck. I could see ware get 100 and 2 or 50 and 0 tds no catches. On the other hand I could see Gio get 5 or 6 points and no touchdowns, or 100 yds rec. I don't know what to do
When I'm that conflicted, I flip a coin and just live with my decision. I did just that two weeks ago in a Blount/Langford debate. Then it's the coin's fault if you're wrong.

When I'm that conflicted, I flip a coin and just live with my decision. I did just that two weeks ago in a Blount/Langford debate. Then it's the coin's fault if you're wrong.
Thank u that's about all u can do I think I may try that.

It rained a lot here. They are projecting sleet during the game. It may be slick when making decisions on who to start. FWIW

It rained a lot here. They are projecting sleet during the game. It may be slick when making decisions on who to start. FWIW
Temps look like they will be mid 30's. Should be light rain and not much wind.

I'm starting Ware over DeAngelo Williams. He looked really really good last week. He could push West for playing time the rest of the year. Kills both of their value a little if he does when West comes back though.

I'm starting Ware over DeAngelo Williams. He looked really really good last week. He could push West for playing time the rest of the year. Kills both of their value a little if he does when West comes back though.
I don't know if I would quite go that far in that West should be just fine once he returns healthy.

But I am starting Ware in at least 1 league over DeAngelo Williams as well, possibly 2.

TZM

Same here. Couple key inactives on the Bills' defensive line, short week on the road after a tough emotional road loss, and going up against a KC team playing really well. I think Buffalo comes out flat and gets rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread