What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Bowl Season (1 Viewer)

Just wanted to thank Devin and everyone else who worked on CFB this year again. Looking forward to next year already!

IVC's are posted.

Leonard Fournette's H-Value came out to being ridiculous, as our projection model has him at 240 yards and 2.1 touchdowns. Texas Tech is allowing 271 yards rushing per game.

Just setting King of the Campus lineups and had a question on one guy not in the IVC. Sean McGuire against Houston. Im not planning on playing him, but I am considering Travis Rudolph. Houstons run defense is impressive, they didnt play anyone most of the year, but did bottle up Navy, Temple, and Uconn the final three weeks of the year. Obviously Dalvin is in a class far above any of those guys, but even Navy threw for 300 yards against Houston. Florida State is projected to score 4 TDs, ambitious to think 3 could come from McGuire and only one from Cook?

IVC's are posted.

Leonard Fournette's H-Value came out to being ridiculous, as our projection model has him at 240 yards and 2.1 touchdowns. Texas Tech is allowing 271 yards rushing per game.
If he plays the whole game I think he will easily reach those numbers. 300 and 3 or 4 tds is not out of the question.

Hey guys I'm currently in the hospital was admitted around 5pm last night so will do my best here to answer all your questions. Sorry for the delay in response

Regarding Rudolph, I think Cain at a similar price point is a safer play, but Rudolph could be a sneaky guy who has that big game upside.

Fournette could definitely go for 300 yards but so hard to project that, I'm uneasy about the 240 number we have just because it is so high. Definitely the chalk play of the day.

James Butler is a guy I really like today

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys I'm currently in the hospital was admitted around 5pm last night so will do my best here to answer all your questions. Sorry for the delay in response

Regarding Rudolph, I think Cain at a similar price point is a safer play, but Rudolph could be a sneaky guy who has that big game upside.

Fournette could definitely go for 300 yards but so hard to project that, I'm uneasy about the 240 number we have just because it is so high. Definitely the chalk play of the day.

James Butler is a guy I really like today
Get better dude!

Just doing the obligatory weather check and glad I did. Tomorrows Mississippi St/ NC State is expected to be played in a thunderstorm. That obviously effects Samuels, Ross, DeRunya, and Dak. Dak is completely off the board for me now, probably both his WRs too which is a shame because Ross was so cheap. Not sure if I pivot off Samuels too, but might and then pay up from Ross in a lineup I had them both.

Memphis and Auburn have a 55% chance of rain too

Pretty sure we were the only site that had him that high which explains the 10% ownership. Would be awesome if one of us took this thing down

I've got him in one. KD is 30%, with this game script that's almost 600 lineups in danger of being in flames already.

I can't believe how low Jeffersons ownership percentage is. Especially knowing, going into the game, that Baylor was down to their 3rd string QB and that Linwood was not playing.

I think it was just the uncertainty. A $300 entry when Chafin could get the touches instead, wasnt an obvious play. That was Dan Backs thinking this morning on the podcast too. I'm very curious who the #2 RB will be after Fournette.

Yeah it's hard to have imagined that he would do this. Baylor has essentially said we don't have a quarterback and a big advantage against the run so let's exploit it.

Great call Devin. I also put in Lawler but unfortunately tagged Switzer otherwise things would have been looking real good. Currently in 46th of 8000+ with no one left to jump.

You doing alright otherwise Devin? I hope Lisa Madigan isn't trying to take you out.
Yeah all good, had a rare stomach virus that landed me in the hospital for two days, but everything else is good.

Things are looking decent in Illinois as Madigan said she won't do anything until June and let the legislation play out.

Just doing the obligatory weather check and glad I did. Tomorrows Mississippi St/ NC State is expected to be played in a thunderstorm. That obviously effects Samuels, Ross, DeRunya, and Dak. Dak is completely off the board for me now, probably both his WRs too which is a shame because Ross was so cheap. Not sure if I pivot off Samuels too, but might and then pay up from Ross in a lineup I had them both.

Memphis and Auburn have a 55% chance of rain too
Thoughts on Clement?

Having a hard time finding the players that are going to post the points for Auburn.

Weather may be moving out of Charlotte by the second half.

The only auburn player I like is Robinson. With the weather I pulled my 50/50s today, just doing a holiday bowl centered GPP. The game often shoots out and the others are wet. Dak could score 30 in a half to get his WRs value, but its going to be miserable and NC St is playing close to a home game. Samuel is still great value, he's their only good offensive player at less than min salary for a position player.

Edit: I'd be surprised if clement traveled and they didn't plan on playing him. Probably won't get word either way till kick off though.

So I'm currently sitting with my Jefferson Fournette lineup. Starting a 500k tournament with 100 points out of two players is awful nice. That lineup originally had Ross and Samuel in it but I pivoted to Hooper and Lucien at the last minute over weather. Fingers crossed its a monsoon for a few hours in Charlotte this afternoon.

The only auburn player I like is Robinson. With the weather I pulled my 50/50s today, just doing a holiday bowl centered GPP. The game often shoots out and the others are wet. Dak could score 30 in a half to get his WRs value, but its going to be miserable and NC St is playing close to a home game. Samuel is still great value, he's their only good offensive player at less than min salary for a position player.

Edit: I'd be surprised if clement traveled and they didn't plan on playing him. Probably won't get word either way till kick off though.

So I'm currently sitting with my Jefferson Fournette lineup. Starting a 500k tournament with 100 points out of two players is awful nice. That lineup originally had Ross and Samuel in it but I pivoted to Hooper and Lucien at the last minute over weather. Fingers crossed its a monsoon for a few hours in Charlotte this afternoon.
My Jefferson/Fournette lineups have

Boykin/JuJu/Carrington/Boykin/Kittle

Boykin/Listenbee/Carrington/Boykin/Samuals

What's odd is that Vegas hasn't adjusted the over/under for the Belk Bowl, which tells me they aren't too concerned with the weather.

Game is in charlotte.

Love Robinson, like UW and USC backs over barber

Edit: Charlotte is updated to 100%, likely updated ahead of suburbs.

Huh. Well a turn over in the red zone on the first play of the game isnt what I was hoping for.

Edit: And that definitely wasnt.

That last meaningless TD hurt. Still not as bad as it could have been though. 43.8 from Ross and Samuels is only 4.3x value, certainly would have guaranteed a cash from the lone Jefferson lineup I have, but not the 5x whoever ends of winning is probably going to need there.

Sitting in 1st in my gpp with JuJu to go. Unfortunately 12 others had the same lineup. Unfortunately its a $1 entry.

The Jefferson, Fournette, Samuals gpps are off to a good start.

Is it just me or are the DK projection values in the IVC broken? There's no projection that's higher than like 5 right now. All of them are 1.9, 2.8, etc. It's almost as if they're just a decimal place off in some cases.

Is it just me or are the DK projection values in the IVC broken? There's no projection that's higher than like 5 right now. All of them are 1.9, 2.8, etc. It's almost as if they're just a decimal place off in some cases.
There was an issue when they were first posted, it should have been fixed right after it was posted, so try again and let us know if it still isn't working for you

I was almost right about the Holiday Bowl being worth targeting :unsure: . Glad I dumped the cash games
Yeah I have Juju Smith in my best KOTC lineup and he's an overthrow and a cut off route away from two touchdowns instead he has 2.6 points.

Frustrating, went from having a chance to win the thing to now hoping to cash

Edit: Now he catches a long catch and just decides to go out of bounds instead of scoring the td.

Boykin arrested for a bar fight and allegedly hitting a cop.

Probably spoils my one Fournette and Jefferson gpp lineup.

:(

That is just brutal, how dumb do you have to be to punch a cop two days before what is arguably one of the biggest games in your career.

Do you know what his ownership percentage was? I loved him, just thought it would be too high so went all in on Vernon Adams although this news is going to negatively impact me as well from a game script perspective.

That is just brutal, how dumb do you have to be to punch a cop two days before what is arguably one of the biggest games in your career.

Do you know what his ownership percentage was? I loved him, just thought it would be too high so went all in on Vernon Adams although this news is going to negatively impact me as well from a game script perspective.
Boykin is 24.1 percent owned in the KOTC.

Of all the worst case scenarios I thought about when setting lineups, having a quarterback arrested for assaulting a police officer was not one of them.

Of all the worst case scenarios I thought about when setting lineups, having a quarterback arrested for assaulting a police officer was not one of them.
Not taking that possibility into account is awful lineup construction if you ask me.

I had a good day yesterday, but I don't like the match ups as much today.

Ended up with a lot of Cook and a lot of Mayfield. Will be interesting to see the ownership %'s.

Not taking that possibility into account is awful lineup construction if you ask me.
Clearly. Here I am thinking Im getting the nice christian QB from the Texas Christian university, and instead I picked a felon.

Got invited to a freeroll on DK that covers the games today and tomorrow. I crunched in a lineup in the last 10 minutes before kickoff. How do you think I did? I haven't done CFB all year.

Cook

Watson

Elliott

Walton

Allen

Chesson

Whitfield

Hurd

Stewart

Users who are viewing this thread