What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA Bowl Season (1 Viewer)

Got invited to a freeroll on DK that covers the games today and tomorrow. I crunched in a lineup in the last 10 minutes before kickoff. How do you think I did? I haven't done CFB all year.

Cook

Watson

Elliott

Walton

Allen

Chesson

Whitfield

Hurd

Stewart
Looks pretty good.

Glad to see FSU is involving Cook heavily in the offense. I faded him all season for some stupid reason and went all-in on him today. Unreal.

The only auburn player I like is Robinson. With the weather I pulled my 50/50s today, just doing a holiday bowl centered GPP. The game often shoots out and the others are wet. Dak could score 30 in a half to get his WRs value, but its going to be miserable and NC St is playing close to a home game. Samuel is still great value, he's their only good offensive player at less than min salary for a position player.

Edit: I'd be surprised if clement traveled and they didn't plan on playing him. Probably won't get word either way till kick off though.

So I'm currently sitting with my Jefferson Fournette lineup. Starting a 500k tournament with 100 points out of two players is awful nice. That lineup originally had Ross and Samuel in it but I pivoted to Hooper and Lucien at the last minute over weather. Fingers crossed its a monsoon for a few hours in Charlotte this afternoon.
My Jefferson/Fournette lineups have

Boykin/JuJu/Carrington/Boykin/Kittle

Boykin/Listenbee/Carrington/Boykin/Samuals
Well flush that down the crapper.

Considering this for FD late today, any thoughts?

QB - Deshaun Watson

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - Wayne Gallman

WR - Artavis Scott

WR - Charone Peake

WR - Calvin Ridley

TE - Mark Andrews

Florida State just didnt care, it happens. Id like Devins thoughts, but I was looking at Peake too. Without Cain, Peake should be the guy to likely be getting those looks?

Considering this for FD late today, any thoughts?

QB - Deshaun Watson

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - Wayne Gallman

WR - Artavis Scott

WR - Charone Peake

WR - Calvin Ridley

TE - Mark Andrews
I think that looks pretty good, the only concern I would have is too much exposure to Clemson if they decide to run the ball a lot. Here is a lineup that I have that is very similar

QB - Deshaun Watson

RB - Derrick Henry

RB - Wayne Gallman

WR - Aaron Burbridge

WR - Charone Peake

WR - Calvin Ridley

TE - O.J Howard

One super sneaky guy today is Germone Hopper for Clemson, not safe in cash games, but if you're in a GPP he maybe worth a shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could use some gpp help for tomorrow. Won a $25 entry via another tourney. I like Rudolph as a value play but don't see anywhere to spend that extra cash. Right now I have

Kelly, Elliot, Hurd, Tredwell, Adeb, Glidden, Engram

I could use some gpp help for tomorrow. Won a $25 entry via another tourney. I like Rudolph as a value play but don't see anywhere to spend that extra cash. Right now I have

I would avoid Rudolph, there just is always that risk that it turns into a J.W. Walsh game.

One of the things I've been thinking about is we know that Elliott is going to play, but what if he sits the first quarter because of his driving without a license. He is going to be heavily owned and for good reason, but it very well could be a game where he is over-owned and people are just dismissing the driving without a license.

I like that Ateman over Glidden just due to the big play potential as Glidden is more of a possession type guy. Not a huge fan of Adeboyejo just due to lack of touchdowns in GPP, but there isn't much down there.

You could do something like this, this is more high risk, but definitely an option that would distinguish yourself away from Elliott. Ohio State has given up two big games to wide receivers this year Daniel Braverman and Jehu Chesson.

Barrett

Canzeri/Justin Jackson

Hurd

Treadwell

Will Fuller

Marcell Ateman

Evan Engram.

Devin Knotts said:
One super sneaky guy today is Germone Hopper for Clemson, not safe in cash games, but if you're in a GPP he maybe worth a shot.
Ugh, was wide open twice in the end zone but Watson was scrambling and didn't throw it. Also was interfered with on a long pass.

Killed one of my cash bowl teams.

If anyone needs to know who to target tomorrow its Hooper. Saturday you want Lucien. Those guys round out my now Boykin-less Fournette, Jefferson, Ridley lineup.

That is the bright side. That lineup is currently cashing and Ive still got Turpin, Lucien, and Hooper. Hard to imagine it wouldnt have been in contention for the top prize with Boykin, but theres no way I could complain about a min cash.

After this year I am very excited for next year though. That last meaningless Henry TD bumped me from 2nd to 10th place in Yahoos $20k new years tournament last night. Finished 2nd in two other massive GPPs, 10th and 12th in two others. The only thing that kept me from the smaller, larger dollar GPPs was being uncomfortable playing against sharks, but grinding out KotC tickets in the $25 ques, for + EV demonstrates, to me anyway, that Im + EV against any field in a tournament. Cheers to all, hope you had a great new year. Good luck to anyone still live in the tournament!

So the TCU game is back to the opening 74 with Oregon a TD favorite. So far my initial run of projections have been pretty good for the bowl games, but the one play they were already pushing was Royce for almost 40 points. I dont have the heart to go back in, but that is only going to bump his projection. On TCUs side is it just Green? Nixon seemed to step up when Boykin was out last time, is that a play that presents some good value? The one Oregon game that sticks out was when Penny Hart burned them underneath all game long, which leads me to think Turpin is the play over Listenbee.

So the TCU game is back to the opening 74 with Oregon a TD favorite. So far my initial run of projections have been pretty good for the bowl games, but the one play they were already pushing was Royce for almost 40 points. I dont have the heart to go back in, but that is only going to bump his projection. On TCUs side is it just Green? Nixon seemed to step up when Boykin was out last time, is that a play that presents some good value? The one Oregon game that sticks out was when Penny Hart burned them underneath all game long, which leads me to think Turpin is the play over Listenbee.
Not sure who "they" were that was pushing Freeman for 40 points, but that seems to be a little bit crazy to me. Sure the upside is there that he could go for 30, but I don't think there is anyway he can be projected for 40 points, as he only has one 40 point game this year against Washington State. This isn't Fournette against Texas Tech.

Nixon was great when Doctson was out, hasn't done much with Boykin out as he had 5 catches for 23 yards. For me it is just Green, and since it is a small slate I could be talked into either Listenbee or Turpin. I personally prefer Listenbee as he had 4 receptions when Boykin was out and lead the team. Michael Rector was able to tear Oregon apart and is a slower version of Listenbee as they both play on the outside and are big play threats.

They was me. I did my own projections for the first time with so much lead in time, the projections are obviously very raw and exaggerated, but he was just jumping out after I finished. Even came in higher than Fournette which I dont believe is accurate, but the numbers just said what I programmed them to, so Im clearly higher on him than I realize. Jefferson came in at like 25 so when I saw you had him high too I pulled the trigger there. I almost bullseyed Dak Prescott at 31.66 projected, and did pretty well with Goff at 32.92, but I also had some pretty clear misses too, so I could just be getting lucky on a few select guys.

Do we know for sure that Kohlhausen is starting yet?

McCaffery is one of the best college players we will see and have seen in a long time. What he did today was truly remarkable.

They was me. I did my own projections for the first time with so much lead in time, the projections are obviously very raw and exaggerated, but he was just jumping out after I finished. Even came in higher than Fournette which I dont believe is accurate, but the numbers just said what I programmed them to, so Im clearly higher on him than I realize. Jefferson came in at like 25 so when I saw you had him high too I pulled the trigger there. I almost bullseyed Dak Prescott at 31.66 projected, and did pretty well with Goff at 32.92, but I also had some pretty clear misses too, so I could just be getting lucky on a few select guys.

Do we know for sure that Kohlhausen is starting yet?
We don't know 100% yet, most likely won't until game time.

Does anyone know if there is a write-up for tomorrow's games (1/2/16). Thanks in advance.
We originally were not planning on doing this due to the slate size being so small, but why not, I'll put one together that should be up in the next 2-3 hours.

Does anyone know if there is a write-up for tomorrow's games (1/2/16). Thanks in advance.
We originally were not planning on doing this due to the slate size being so small, but why not, I'll put one together that should be up in the next 2-3 hours.
Man, you guys are awesome. And the CFB write-ups alone are worth the money. I'd be sitting at $150 right now, with a chance for $300 if I would have played my "safe" lineup in a $3 tournament, oh the regret.

Stringfellow going out hurts a bit. Still a good day, but could have been really good.

I'm hoping Ok State puts up a little bit of a fight in the second half.

:thumbup:

:football:

Just to give an update, I have submitted a FanDuel and DraftKings article to our content/formatting team and it should be up soon. Please let us know if you have any questions as you build your lineups.

I really appreciate all of your support this season as we took on CFB for the first time for Footballguys

Man, you guys are awesome. And the CFB write-ups alone are worth the money. I'd be sitting at $150 right now, with a chance for $300 if I would have played my "safe" lineup in a $3 tournament, oh the regret.
Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. Always tough when things happen like that, hopefully you entered your safe lineup in something.

this should have cashed at 149.48.

i used the same lineup a couple of times.

:hifive:

Thanks for the feedback really appreciate it. Always tough when things happen like that, hopefully you entered your safe lineup in something.
Yeah, used it in a double up with a score of 261.4, so definitely placed. Thanks again for all the great work.

I know Oregon/TCU has the highest O/U and we should be targeting players from that game. The problem is I'm having a hard time getting players in from the other three games. Anyone have some guys they like from today's ther games?

I think if you want to differentiate yourself or if you want to have guys from other games than going with running backs from other teams is probably the way to go. There are a number of great running backs on this slate and all of them with the exception of Barkley are in good matchups. If Green or Freeman struggle you will be looking very good.

All of TCU is underowned today They are still projected to score 34 points, but it seems that everyone was off of them due to Boykin being out.

FYI Joe Hubener has been named the starter for Kansas State which downgrades Kody Cook a little bit. Cook is listed as a starting wide receiver

Currently 3rd out of 28000+ with Lucien still rolling. Won't hold as I'll get swallowed up by any WR that eclipses Godwin. 1st and 2nd have me covered. Fun to see a big number next to winning even if it's fleeting.

Wow…got swamped even more than I thought possible. Still a good day all things considered. Two of my Boykin lineups actually cashed. I was 80% Adams, 15% Bert, and 15% Kolhhausen for the Sat only slates and eked out a small profit.

I think I can thank Deon Cains weed problem for still cashing my Boykin KofC lineup, but its a safe estimate it still cost me about $2000 across a few lineups. Oh well. thats life and I finished ahead despite, so what do I really have to complain about. Fingers crossed BassNBrew is wrong and we get to run it back next year!

Users who are viewing this thread