• 1 month later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The reporter with the glasses makes my junk hard There, I said it

They had broken up and gotten back together numerous times over the past five years. At the time of her murder, they were broken up again, and their relationship was described as "abusive".  That

relevant (IMO) nuggets : This covers the first 40 or so pages... the main "meat" of who would testify and about what. Not sure what else that's pertinent may follow that, but will forge on throug

kathleentzellner.com

Zellner today posted on her site a motion and supporting affidavit of a witness who saw Bobby Dassey and another man planting Teresa Halbach's car on Avery's property. Witness reported this to police at the time of the investigation but it was ignored.

If Dassey is guilty of the murder, a lot of pieces come together because Dassey was the star witness against Avery.

Edited by Moonlight
  • Thinking 1
12 hours ago, Moonlight said:

kathleentzellner.com

Zellner today posted on her site a motion and supporting affidavit of a witness who saw Bobby Dassey and another man planting Teresa Halbach's car on Avery's property. Witness reported this to police at the time of the investigation but it was ignored.

If Dassey is guilty of the murder, a lot of pieces come together because Dassey was the star witness against Avery.

Hmmm. I'd guess the only way they can prove that would be to have the testimonial of the female officer that allegedly took the call from the new witness.  Sans that, I can't see that having much pull. But if they could prove it.... :tinfoilhat: 

This development and the request for a new trial may help influence the appeal. A decision should be coming out very soon on the appeal. Though this development is not included in the appeal it may create more doubt about the original conviction.

Zellner's appeal is taking a long time to be decided. Wisconsin lower court caused delay by shirking responsibilities regarding a previous remand by Appellate Court due to Zellner's efforts. Covid hasn't helped either.

23 hours ago, Moonlight said:

kathleentzellner.com

He also says he reported it to Steven’s lawyers after watching season 1 of Making a Murderer. It debuted more than five years ago. Wonder why Buting and Strang ignored it for 5 years? 

5 minutes ago, parrot said:

He also says he reported it to Steven’s lawyers after watching season 1 of Making a Murderer. It debuted more than five years ago. Wonder why Buting and Strang ignored it for 5 years? 

Was it reported to Buting and Strang or the appellate lawyers after the trial conviction? I think Avery was convicted in season 1.If I remember the appellate lawyers were a college law school project for wrongful convictions.

9 hours ago, Moonlight said:

Was it reported to Buting and Strang or the appellate lawyers after the trial conviction? I think Avery was convicted in season 1.If I remember the appellate lawyers were a college law school project for wrongful convictions.

I think Brendan had a group like that working on his behalf but I don’t remember that for Steven. He may have had a public defender for his appeal though. Regardless, it’s hard to imagine why anyone in Steven’s corner would sit on it, particularly after MaM and all the publicity it received.