What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Your absolutely right, "proven stud" is too friendly. I do like JuJu but the QB hurdles were too much for him to surpass this last year.
I think you were right the first time and I don't think any WR in the NFL could surpass those QB hurdles last year. I watched a few XFL games this past weekend and thought several of them got superior QB play then Steelers got.

I totally understand the talent over need argument but almost all rankings and mocks so far have the 3 RBs at the top so that technically would be talent and need.  I think you are too friendly saying "proven stud" for Juju.  He had 1 good year and that is with AB taking double coverage and the safety to his side of the field on every play.  Juju struggled this year, had injuries, and looks like he can't play well without a dominant QB.  Ben is much closer to the end of his career than the beginning so when he retires and some chump like Rudolph takes over, then you take a big chance that Juju sucks again in 2 years.  We don't even know that he will be that good with Ben if AB isn't in town.  Risk either way, especially if you have enough talent at WR where he won't crack your starting lineup.
This (bolded) is definitely an exaggeration. As some one that drafted JuJu in Round 1 of redraft and should be bitter, I still give him a pass for last season. He was hurt for part of the season and Rudolph and Duck were just not NFL level players. I would imagine the Steelers will have a better succession plan for when Ben hangs them up. Sure there is risk they may not find an answer right away - but we've surely seen about the worse case scenario JuJu will be in.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is definitely and exaggeration. As some one that drafted JuJu in Round 1 of redraft and should be bitter, I still give him a pass for last season. He was hurt for part of the season and Rudolph and Duck were just not NFL level players. I would imagine the Steelers will have a better succession plan for when Ben hangs them up. Sure there is risk they may not find an answer right away - but we've surely seen about the worse case scenario JuJu will be in.
I will say I do expect a somewhat decent bounce back from Juju.  I just don't know that I believe him to be a true WR1 with no "real stud" on the other side.  I like the upside of the 3 RBs I mentioned personally, especially with a need there.  However, that could definitely change after the combine and draft.  I wouldn't make that trade now though but it is always fluid.  Maybe I just didn't like getting burned on Juju last year in one of my redraft leagues.  I like the RBs at the top of this draft though.  I think it could be worth taking one personally.  

I will say I do expect a somewhat decent bounce back from Juju.  I just don't know that I believe him to be a true WR1 with no "real stud" on the other side.  
I'm not saying the offer is a no-brainer - and honestly I'm not 100% sure I'd take it if I owned the 1.03 but not having a stud across from him isn't the reason not to. He would be the No.1 WR for the Steelers, and surely can handle being so, and he'd have guys like Johnston and Washington who are good enough to demand some of the defenses attention across from him. He's super talent that was in a very bad situation last season, and like I said very likely the worst situation he'll ever be in again.

I'm not saying the offer is a no-brainer - and honestly I'm not 100% sure I'd take it if I owned the 1.03 but not having a stud across from him isn't the reason not to. He would be the No.1 WR for the Steelers, and surely can handle being so, and he'd have guys like Johnston and Washington who are good enough to demand some of the defenses attention across from him. He's super talent that was in a very bad situation last season, and like I said very likely the worst situation he'll ever be in again.
I don't disagree but I think that 2 years ago with Big Ben a couple of years younger and AB on the other side is the best situation he will most likely ever be in so that may be the pinnacle of what he ever accomplishes.

Standard 12-team PPR.

I sent the 2020 1.06

Received Derrick Henry
Had this same deal offered to me at the trade deadline last season. I was RB needy and have solid WRs. In the end I passed but that was only because my WRs were all gimpy and underproducing so I didn’t think the addition of Henry would overcome that. That said, I think it’s a great deal for you if you are ready to compete now. 

Henry by a whole lot. 
Strange this is, if Henry does leave the Titans and goes to a crappy team like Le'veon Bell did you won't be singing that toon this time next year.   Several things have to fall in place for RBs to be successful and if they don't, then things aren't what they appear today.  I don't care how good a RB is, if their OL sucks, their QB sucks, their scheme sucks, then they suck.

Strange this is, if Henry does leave the Titans and goes to a crappy team like Le'veon Bell did you won't be singing that toon this time next year.   Several things have to fall in place for RBs to be successful and if they don't, then things aren't what they appear today.  I don't care how good a RB is, if their OL sucks, their QB sucks, their scheme sucks, then they suck.
Well, right now he’s still on the Titans and he just led the league in rushing. Most “crappy” teams as you say aren’t going to be signing a running back to a long-term deal I’d imagine after seeing the disasters of recent contracts like Bell, Freeman, and David Johnson among others. It would take at least another decent 1st for me to even consider moving Henry for a pick like the 1.06. 

Well, right now he’s still on the Titans and he just led the league in rushing. Most “crappy” teams as you say aren’t going to be signing a running back to a long-term deal I’d imagine after seeing the disasters of recent contracts like Bell, Freeman, and David Johnson among others. It would take at least another decent 1st for me to even consider moving Henry for a pick like the 1.06. 
I agree in Henry's case because I don't think he's going anywhere.  But if he does......look out.

Standard 12-team PPR.

I sent the 2020 1.06

Received Derrick Henry
Good trade for you.  Especially since you wouldn't be able to get a RB anywhere close to his level in the draft at 6.  You probably would have been forced to take a WR or low end talent at RB there.  I think Henry stays for sure.  Tenn can't afford to let him walk and they have enough space to sign him.

Good trade for you.  Especially since you wouldn't be able to get a RB anywhere close to his level in the draft at 6.  You probably would have been forced to take a WR or low end talent at RB there.  I think Henry stays for sure.  Tenn can't afford to let him walk and they have enough space to sign him.
I don't think many think Henry won't be a Titan in 2020.

Standard 12-team PPR.

I sent the 2020 1.06

Received Derrick Henry
There is an interesting disparity right now between Henry's startup value and his trade value in established leagues.  In startups his ADP is around 2.05 which is worth a heck of a lot more than a rookie mid 1st.  But a rookie mid 1st seems to be right around his going rate in trades.

12 team FFPC Superflex

I gave 2021 1st and 3rd (I think late - was a playoff team last year)

I got Cam Newton, 3.07

I'm taking a swing here. I need a solid second QB behind Mahomes. 

CMac still in the league?

But you know Henry can be a good NFL RB.  The draft pick is a crap shoot and you have no idea if the guy you take there will be worth anything.   Henry is easily the choice in that trade for me but I don't value draft picks as high as the typical dynasty owner. 

But you know Henry can be a good NFL RB.  The draft pick is a crap shoot and you have no idea if the guy you take there will be worth anything.   Henry is easily the choice in that trade for me but I don't value draft picks as high as the typical dynasty owner. 
I would also have traded the 1.6 for Henry as I think he will remain in Tennessee.  However, I'm just saying that by some freak chance he leaves he could end up in a situation that isn't RB friendly.

I would also have traded the 1.6 for Henry as I think he will remain in Tennessee.  However, I'm just saying that by some freak chance he leaves he could end up in a situation that isn't RB friendly.
Understood but I am saying that even if that happens I would rather have Henry than the 1.06

...and I'm saying you might not be saying that this time next year if that happens.
I also won't be saying it if he tears up a knee.  This time next year is a long way off and has no bearing on whether or not I would trade the 1.06 for Henry right now. 

I also won't be saying it if he tears up a knee.  This time next year is a long way off and has no bearing on whether or not I would trade the 1.06 for Henry right now. 
FULL STOP.  I don't think he will leave the Titans, but if he did I hope you understand that 2019 stats go out the window if he's traded to a team with a bad OL, QB, or scheme. 

FULL STOP.  I don't think he will leave the Titans, but if he did I hope you understand that 2019 stats go out the window if he's traded to a team with a bad OL, QB, or scheme. 
Sure.  He probably doesn't lead the league in rushing but he will still likely be better than whoever you get at pick 1.06

Even if Henry stays with the Titans is not a hold out within the realm of possibility? I dont see it as a huge slam dunk of Henry over the 1.6 and feel it is pretty close depending on situation. We haven't even had combine or the nfl draft yet and it looks to me like swift\taylor\lamb\jeudy\dobbins\akers are in the conversation and i would expect at least a couple more rookies to creep in as well due to combine numbers/situation. I'm optimistic about Henry (yes i did just trade him to get nuk, but i still own him in 3 of 6 fpc dynasty lgs and would like nothing more than to see him dominate the next few yrs) but dont see the 1.6 as that far off.

I appreciate all the feedback. I've tried to let it go, but I'm not going to lie, I'm pissed. Because I think we ALL know he had trade remorse and lied about it. But I know the commish is just trying to keep the peace. One thing that is odd, and likely a bug, is that when commish went to process the trade it wasn't showing, even though he DID get the email (as did I and the other owner) that the trade was accepted last night. I also find it highly unlikely if say the other owner did use an app or accidentally hit the wrong button, he would have immediately emailed and said I didn't accept this. But of course crickets until this morning when he stated he never accepted. I hope Karma goes in my favor this year. Because this really does suck. 
So guys same league, just got an offer today, thinking maybe this is karma I was hoping for after being done wrong. Completely different owner, said he'd trade me Gallup for my 1.11 pick. Even though I don't have a need isn't that value alone worth taking to have another trade asset? 12 team PPR. Decided to take it. Thoughts? 

So guys same league, just got an offer today, thinking maybe this is karma I was hoping for after being done wrong. Completely different owner, said he'd trade me Gallup for my 1.11 pick. Even though I don't have a need isn't that value alone worth taking to have another trade asset? 12 team PPR. Decided to take it. Thoughts? 
Really good deal for you IMO. At pick 11 the RB's are going to be heavily picked over and comparing Gallup to a rookie WR you'd get younger and slim chance you find someone with more upside  with a rookie. But you got the bird in the hand of a soon to be 24 year old who went over 1,100 yards in just 14 games, got more targets then Amari over second half of the season and I think got a better coach who granted had great QB play in Green Bay but his teams top WRs produced consistently.

Just did one more but might have gone too far. Same league 12 team PPR

Gave: Julio, Deebo, Winston, Haskins
Got: Mahomes,  2.3

Updated Roster:
Mahomes, Jones, T. Hill
Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs, Lindsay, Henderson, Mike Boone, Chase Edmunds
Nuk, Hill, Evans, Hardman, Hollywood Brown, Gallup, Preston Williams, Diontae Johnson, JJAW
Kelce, Engram

Picks 1.3, 2.3, 3.11

i know I just gave up a ton but with my depth was it worth it?? 

I see it as a lateral move - which isn’t to say its a bad move.

Saw 2 trades in one of my leagues this past week.  1 biggie, 1 smallie.  All different teams (2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr)

Team A got: Julio Jones, Melvin Gordon, and 1.03

for

Team B got:  DJ Moore and AJ Brown

Team C got: Hakeem Butler and 2021 2nd

Team D got: 2.04 and 2021 3rd 

Another league of mine had a minor deal as well (1QB 1RB 1WR 2TE 6flex spots, 1 is superflex spot .5ppr)

Raheem Mostert for Royce Freeman

Just did one more but might have gone too far. Same league 12 team PPR

Gave: Julio, Deebo, Engram, Winston, Haskins
Got: Mahomes, Goedert, 2.2

Updated Roster:
Mahomes, Jones, T. Hill
Zeke, Chubb, Jacobs, Lindsay, Henderson, Mike Boone, Chase Edmunds
Nuk, Hill, Evans, Hardman, Hollywood Brown, Gallup, Preston Williams, Diontae Johnson, JJAW
Kelce, Goedert

Picks 1.3, 2.2, 3.11

i know I just gave up a ton but with my depth was it worth it?? 
I think you had enough starting depth that you could afford it, and Mahomes ultimately makes your starting lineup better. You moved Julio within this window of time where he still holds moderate value but is expected to plummet soon. It's not just a question of how much is Julio worth to you vs trading partners, it's the fact that aging players become harder in general to trade. You are still very solid at starting WR so you didn't lose any points there IMO, so on top of the 3 bolded you have 3 or 4 guys that could all emerge and right now are trending up.

If Deebo emerges fully it will be the hardest pill in this deal to swallow, but 10+ more years of Mahomes at QB? Seems like a much more sure advantage over your opponents than whatever chances Deebo would have of cracking your starting lineup. The other pieces are something, but I also wouldn't undersell the value of the 2.2 there. Add Gallup or the Unicorn to it and move up to like 1.05. IDK.

Saw 2 trades in one of my leagues this past week.  1 biggie, 1 smallie.  All different teams (2QB 3WR 2RB 2TE 2Flex .5ppr)

for

I just wouldn't be selling now on Moore and Brown. The 1.03 is a good chance to hit, though. If this is a compete now move to acquire more RBs I can get it.

Gimme more 2020s

Another league of mine had a minor deal as well (1QB 1RB 1WR 2TE 6flex spots, 1 is superflex spot .5ppr)

Woof. IDK. I wanna say Mostert but he is about to be 28 and who knows what SF wants. Freeman? I guess.

12 team FFPC Superflex

I gave 2021 1st and 3rd (I think late - was a playoff team last year)

I got Cam Newton, 3.07

I'm taking a swing here. I need a solid second QB behind Mahomes. 
Same league I followed it up with:

I gave Haskins and 2021 1st (also late - from last year's champ)

I got 1.11, Watkins

I see this as a wash tbh. Haskins and Watkins... what are Watkins' plans? Haskins is a bust IMO and I do realize many people disagree with me on that. It comes down to preference of 2020 wrs to 2021. 

This 2020 wr class is pretty deep, so maybe a slight edge to 1.11, but I've heard good things about the WRs in 2021 (of course IMO less 1st rounders in 2021, 2020 stands to be a big 1st round wr year)

IMO possible WRs at 1.11 are going to out perform WRs selected top 6
In superflex I am assuming 2 if not 3 QBs to go before 1.11. I see it as largely a wash as well but I definitely am glad to have moved Haskins. I'm not a big Watkins believer but I do think he stays in KC and is still only 26. He'll currently be my WR4.

12 team FFPC style (PPR and 1.5 PPR for TEs) - this is one of two leagues I'm in where it disbands after the upcoming 2020 season, and where half the annual dues since the 2015 startup have been fed into a giant jackpot kitty, so this is more like a redraft trade, but in a dynasty league that isn't so dynastyish anymore. FWIW.

I gave Waller and 1.10

I got Drake, 1.05 and 2.05

I have Andrews, Ian Thomas and Jonnu Smith but need another RB or two. I have the 1.01 from an earlier trade so maybe now I can draft two high RBs, we'll see. Not sure how hot anyone is going to be on taking WRs in this upcoming rookie draft, knowing they are only to ever be rookies in this fantasy league.

I've seen Godwin traded away (by the same owner) in 2 different PPR dynasty leagues over the last 24 hours. I'm kinda shocked people would want to move on from him.  Anyway, here are the 2 deals (I wasn't part of either) 

Godwin for McLaurin and 1.7

Godwin for Kupp and 1.10 

I've seen Godwin traded away (by the same owner) in 2 different PPR dynasty leagues over the last 24 hours. I'm kinda shocked people would want to move on from him.  Anyway, here are the 2 deals (I wasn't part of either) 

Godwin for McLaurin and 1.7

Godwin for Kupp and 1.10 
I’m assuming he’s worried about who’s going to be the qb in Tampa. Regardless, I’m easily on the Godwin side in both those deals. 

Did you send a note the next day to the Commish saying you never accepted it and want it rescinded?  That would have been the move.    hahahahah

for

I think this was asked about in the AC forum and nobody liked the Team A side.   Surprised he still did it. 

Has anyone seen Kupp moved this offseason? Curious what his return was? Was offered Kupp for my 1.3 in a league where I really have no "needs" position wise. Actually leaning towards my pick. Nuts or good logic? 

Has anyone seen Kupp moved this offseason? Curious what his return was? Was offered Kupp for my 1.3 in a league where I really have no "needs" position wise. Actually leaning towards my pick. Nuts or good logic? 
I'd keep the pick.  Even pre-combine and not knowing landing spots, I think I'd have at least three of the 2020 WR's and at least two of the RB's already valued higher.

Users who are viewing this thread