What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

Had a Higgins trade a few weeks ago. Right after Dalton's decapitation

Superflex PPR

Team A (borderline playoff team, not currently looking good) gets: Matt Ryan, James Robinson, Tee Higgins, DiNucci, Team B's 2021 5th

Team B (rebuilding) gets: Dak, Team A's 2021 1st and 2nd
Great deal for Team A. And I love Dak. But if you held rookie drafts today, Robinson is top 6 and Higgins would be late first. That's less of the value than the deferred 2021 1st and 2nd. Don't get owners like that. You are rebuilding, get two promising rookies, and you flip them for more lotto picks? 

King of the Jungle said:
Not sure a first needs to be involved. Higgins side for me.
I'm a biased Higgins owner, but come on. I'd auto-accept him for Keenan if I'm competing. He's got 3-4 years of WR1 level production IMO. 

I'm a biased Higgins owner, but come on. I'd auto-accept him for Keenan if I'm competing. He's got 3-4 years of WR1 level production IMO. 
I do think it's closer than some of the others who responded, but I enjoyed the little ego inflating  :D  -- Keenan Allen is a weird one for me because he never gets the respect I think he deserves based on his consistency and track record. Dude's been a rock solid WR1 for the last several years in PPR and the new kid at QB stepped right in and continued to feed him without issue. I'm pretty sure he also just signed a contract extension. I agree he's got several more useful years left. I'm trying to trade for him in other leagues where I'm WR needy and contending.

Great deal for Team A. And I love Dak. But if you held rookie drafts today, Robinson is top 6 and Higgins would be late first. That's less of the value than the deferred 2021 1st and 2nd. Don't get owners like that. You are rebuilding, get two promising rookies, and you flip them for more lotto picks? 
I don't think your take is wrong and it seems weird to say "rebuilding" while giving up two good rookies but for context

I'm team b. My thought process was being superflex and even though my team sucks, I'm still no lock for a top 3 pick and QB's like Dak are not always readily available. I was thinking Robinson is worth a 1st but lets say he's the 1st and the 2nd. Then I'm getting Dak for Higgins and Ryan plus some junk. I think in season with a healthy Dak that offer never gets accepted. So while it really hurt to give up Higgins (still stings) I now have the option in the rookie draft to take best player available with my 2 1st's and not be tempted to reach for a QB.

But respect your opinion also

I don't think your take is wrong and it seems weird to say "rebuilding" while giving up two good rookies but for context

I'm team b. My thought process was being superflex and even though my team sucks, I'm still no lock for a top 3 pick and QB's like Dak are not always readily available. I was thinking Robinson is worth a 1st but lets say he's the 1st and the 2nd. Then I'm getting Dak for Higgins and Ryan plus some junk. I think in season with a healthy Dak that offer never gets accepted. So while it really hurt to give up Higgins (still stings) I now have the option in the rookie draft to take best player available with my 2 1st's and not be tempted to reach for a QB.

But respect your opinion also
Oh well if it's superflex that's different. I don't play it but seems like QB value is much much higher, so the Dak/Ryan gap is more substantial and I can't really evaluate that as well. I rescind my rebuke. :D  

Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave: Jonathan Taylor, Amari Cooper, Courtland Sutton

Got: Miles Sanders, Tee Higgins

Not a giant fan of Sanders but I wanted Higgins to pair with Lamb and Jefferson. I've now completely divested of JT in all three of my dynasties. Now I'm trying to trade my two firsts for Chubb but unfortunately the guy who has him seldom replies to offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-ppr Zealots IDP

Gave: Jonathan Taylor, Amari Cooper, Courtland Sutton

Got: Miles Sanders, Tee Higgins

Not a giant fan of Sanders but I wanted Higgins to pair with Lamb and Jefferson. I've now completely divested of JT in all three of my dynasties. Now I'm trying to trade my two firsts for Chubb but unfortunately the guy who has him seldom replies to offers.
You have Higgins, Lamb and Jefferson? Wow, that's like a dynasty dream come true. I also like Sanders. 

I just completed this trade. Not sure I won or lost, Dynasty, 1/2 point PPR:

Received: Thomas, WR NO; Connor, RB Pit & Stafford, QB Det

Traded away: Henderson, RB LAR; Gaskin, RB Miami; DJ Moore, WR Car & Prescott, QB Dallas

Trying to make a run at it this year while still keeping out some hope for next year too.

12 team .5 PPR

Win now team got Kelce/Jacobs

For

Rebuild team got CEH/Justin Jefferson/Fant/2021 2nd (top 4)
Assuming CEH/Jacobs are pretty much a dealer's choice wash, that's Kelce for Jefferson, Fant & a second. I'd go Jefferson side though, simply as I think outside the RBs canceling each other out he is the best dynasty asset in this deal.

IDP, Salary Cap ($250), Contracts (up to 3 year), Super Flex, Escalating salary if top 15 at your position, 45 man roster with 3 Taxi Squad spots; offense and defense scoring is similar for same tiered players

Lineup:  Q/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/SF/K/P/DL/DL/LB/LB/DB/DB/IDP FLEX

Contending team received:

Lamar Jackson ($66+escalation), Chubb ($25), James Robinson($10+escalation), Dalvin Tomlinson ($10+esc), Buddha Baker ($10+esc)

Rebuilding Team received:

Dak ($15/2021), Mixon ($15), Taylor ($10/2022) and 2022 3rd rounder (increased value due to auction requirements)

12 Team PPR. I am trying to repeat and go all in. 

I traded Hollywood Brown/Curtis Samuel/Jalen Hurts and two 2021 2nd rd picks for Keenan Allen/Jake Luton/Tre’Quan Smith ( I’ll cut JL/TS ). 

the argument amongst league mates is I gave up way too much for Keenan but again in win now mode at 7-2 and I have Kyler Murray/Dalvin Cook/Aaron Jones/Kareem Hunt/Jamaal Williams/Davante Adams/Keenan Allen/CeeDee Lamb/Diontae Johnson/Deebo Samuel/George Kittle/Dallas Goedert/Robert Tonyan. 

would love to see reasons if anyone thinks I gave up too much given my current roster & depth. Adding Keenan gave me a great WR2 to start instead of having to guess out of DJ/CeeDee/Deebo etc. 

thanks for ur time and opinions 

12 Team PPR. I am trying to repeat and go all in. 

I traded Hollywood Brown/Curtis Samuel/Jalen Hurts and two 2021 2nd rd picks for Keenan Allen/Jake Luton/Tre’Quan Smith ( I’ll cut JL/TS ). 

the argument amongst league mates is I gave up way too much for Keenan but again in win now mode at 7-2 and I have Kyler Murray/Dalvin Cook/Aaron Jones/Kareem Hunt/Jamaal Williams/Davante Adams/Keenan Allen/CeeDee Lamb/Diontae Johnson/Deebo Samuel/George Kittle/Dallas Goedert/Robert Tonyan. 

would love to see reasons if anyone thinks I gave up too much given my current roster & depth. Adding Keenan gave me a great WR2 to start instead of having to guess out of DJ/CeeDee/Deebo etc. 

thanks for ur time and opinions 
Even if you did give a little bit too much, which you didn't, that's what you should do if you're trying to win. I like it.

14 team Superflex league

Gave up a mid to late mid 2021 2nd and 4th

Got Tom Brady and a 2021 5th

I have Mahomes and Cousins but with Mahomes on bye this week and me needing a win to keep pace I thought this was a fair price and Brady will be better than Cousins now week to week.

I got an offer of:

Give: Zeke, 2021 2nd

Get: Miles Sanders, Michael Gallup

decided not to take it.
Pretty borderline, I could go either way on that and I'm not a Sanders fan. Zeke is radioactive right now - better just to hold and hope for a better trade opportunity next year I think.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP - two separate trades

Gave: Wentz

Got: Will Fuller

Gave: Two mid/later 2021 1sts

Got: Nick Chubb

Pretty solid line up now: Tua, Chubb, M Sanders, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Fuller, Fant

Last edited by a moderator:
1qb 1rb 2wr  3flex k d non ppr, 12 team

Gave davante adams, 2021 1st(9-12)

Get Dk Metcalf
I own Adams and wouldn’t give him straight up for Metcalf.

Don’t get me wrong - I love me some DK. But we’ve seen WAY too many times when a rookie or second year guy flashes and we all buy in, only to find it really was just a flash. Adams is truly proven with a great QB for the foreseeable future - I don’t think I’d trade him straight up for any WR in the league.

Non-ppr Zealots IDP - two separate trades

Gave: Wentz

Got: Will Fuller

Gave: Two mid/later 2021 1sts

Got: Nick Chubb

Pretty solid line up now: Tua, Chubb, M Sanders, Lamb, Jefferson, Higgins, Fuller, Fant
I think I’d do both of these - first one for sure.

But I’m not sure I’d use the word “solid” for that lineup. TONS of potential. But man, that’s a lot of youngsters with a lot of potential. We’ll have to wait to see how it plays out.

I think I’d do both of these - first one for sure.

But I’m not sure I’d use the word “solid” for that lineup. TONS of potential. But man, that’s a lot of youngsters with a lot of potential. We’ll have to wait to see how it plays out.
This was the end result of a complete reboot. The idea was to get young. 

Solid in this case means it looks good for the future - based on what we know now. 

.5 PPR Superflex 

Gave Kenyan Drake + Irv Smith

Got 2022 1st + 2022 4th

I'm offloading assets. Was looking to get a 1st for Drake. He insisted on attaching Smith. 

FFPC not involved
Team giving 1st is contender, team getting 1st is building

Give

Bell, Le'Veon (RB), KC
Williams, Mike (WR), LAC
Perine, La'Mical (RB), NYJ
2021 1st Round 

Get

Beasley, Cole (WR), BUF
Godwin, Chris (WR), TB
Montgomery, David (RB), CHI

Dunno, I like Godwin but the broken finger would have me a bit skittish for the stretch run. Contender is pretty weak at wr (Godwin & Beasley are starters this week) but don't think I would have done it. 

45 man roster/full IDP/start up to 5 wr/ppr

3-6 solid Youthful Roster except for wr which has killed this teams chances(Best wr is Marvin Jones)

gave Kamara

got DJ Moore/Brandon Aiyuk/2021 mid to late 1st

FFPC not involved
Team giving 1st is contender, team getting 1st is building

Give

Bell, Le'Veon (RB), KC
Williams, Mike (WR), LAC
Perine, La'Mical (RB), NYJ
2021 1st Round 

Get

Beasley, Cole (WR), BUF
Godwin, Chris (WR), TB
Montgomery, David (RB), CHI

Dunno, I like Godwin but the broken finger would have me a bit skittish for the stretch run. Contender is pretty weak at wr (Godwin & Beasley are starters this week) but don't think I would have done it. 
Godwin >> 1st

The rest is just noise.

Don’t get me wrong - I love me some DK. But we’ve seen WAY too many times when a rookie or second year guy flashes and we all buy in, only to find it really was just a flash. Adams is truly proven with a great QB for the foreseeable future - I don’t think I’d trade him straight up for any WR in the league.
But Metcalf has done more than flash for two seasons now and also has a great QB for the foreseeable future  - at what point is it enough to buy in?

I'm not saying you should trade Adams for him but just not buying the logic.

How many guys have "flashed" to the level Metcalf has though?

Adams is a big risk to me.  Obviously he is scoring great right now but his value ebbs and flows like crazy.  You could make huge value gains by trading him when his value spikes and buying him back when he picks up his next nagging injury and it drops back down again, and repeating.

He's got quite a few lower leg injuries that slowed down guys like Demaryius, AJG, etc early.  Even more concerning is that he has the worst concussion issues in the league outside of any skill position players not named Cooks or Reed.  And those have been completely forgotten by people valuing him right now, and hence are not factored into his value even though they should be. 

All it is going to take is one concussion and those previous concussions will come roaring back into everyone's memory and his value will plummet.

FFPC Superflex inaugural season

I gave Sutton
I got Gronk, two 2021 4ths

Classic win now move. I knocked this startup out of the park earlier this year but swung and missed pretty bad at TE. 

I shopped Sutton and Pittman quite a bit but this is the only decent deal I could find for a (possibly) impactful TE. I have (some) reservations about Sutton going forward and I have Nuk, Claypool, Jefferson, Juju, Pittman and Corey Davis at WR to go with Murray, Brady, Cam at QB and Aaron Jones, Henry, Robinson, Gibson at RB. TE is languishing with Higbee, Herndon* and OJ Howard on IR. 

*removes puke from mouth

But Metcalf has done more than flash for two seasons now and also has a great QB for the foreseeable future  - at what point is it enough to buy in?

I'm not saying you should trade Adams for him but just not buying the logic.
Yeah, you’re right. That’s the wrong use of words by me. 

Metcalf “flashed” last year, but this year he’s shown that he is more than that. Agreed.

I’m pretty conservative with my studs. When I have a proven one, I hang on, sometimes too long (Jordy Nelson). I’m much more cautious of young studs because so much can happen and go wrong, or teams can figure them out (Lamar).

So, I should have said it differently. I agree Metcalf is a stud, but I wouldn’t give up Adams for him.

How many guys have "flashed" to the level Metcalf has though?

Adams is a big risk to me.  Obviously he is scoring great right now but his value ebbs and flows like crazy.  You could make huge value gains by trading him when his value spikes and buying him back when he picks up his next nagging injury and it drops back down again, and repeating.

He's got quite a few lower leg injuries that slowed down guys like Demaryius, AJG, etc early.  Even more concerning is that he has the worst concussion issues in the league outside of any skill position players not named Cooks or Reed.  And those have been completely forgotten by people valuing him right now, and hence are not factored into his value even though they should be. 

All it is going to take is one concussion and those previous concussions will come roaring back into everyone's memory and his value will plummet.
See my response above. Agreed.

12 team .5 PPR Superflex

Gave Jonathan Taylor + Courtland Sutton

Got Saquon Barkley + Diontae Johnson

---

I drafted Taylor in the 2nd round of the startup this summer, and I'm still a fan (UW homer)... but, I decided I'm willing to take on the risk of Saquon producing like he did pre injury, compared to the odds that Taylor ever reaches same level. The other owner proposed this trade to me a few weeks ago, and I declined then. After seeing Taylor more, I'm ready to say that he doesn't look special at the NFL level. At least right now. So here's to a swift and full recovery for Saquon Barkley!    :banned:

Assuming the injured players above don't return to form, Johnson > Taylor is a win.

And if they do Barkley >> Sutton so that's a win.

The only way you lose is if Barkley doesn't return from injury. I'd take that chance.

Users who are viewing this thread