What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (22 Viewers)

Gave: Mostert, likely real late 4th

Got: 2021 likely mid-late 2nd, mid-late 5th

eta* Not a huge trade, but hopefully I can get a dart throw for a guy that might start next year, might not. He went for a playoff run to a team in definite contention for a playoff spot (no bye or anything - he's going to barely get in if at all) that lost Fuller. Good bye, Captain Mostert. Still follow your career.
Gotta love that deal...Mostert will be 29 in April and has been banged up for a nice chunk of the year...I think you should be real happy cashing out with a second rounder.

Yeah doubt you could get even a late second for Mostert in most leagues. 
It's still got to go through on MFL but we agreed to terms and the like. It's waiting for the week's waivers to wrap up. It was really a perfect storm. Guy is in the playoffs and just lost Fuller to suspension and maybe Jacobs to injury and could use Mostert's big play potential. So it works for both of us.

update* It went through. I'm pretty happy with this given the year Mostert has had. I know he's going to be 29 but I still think he's great for that SF system. The question is whether or not they think so. They can't abide another year of injuries. He's missed a lot of time since he started playing 1A or 1B in that system.  He's missed half the year in two out of three years, to be almost exact.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, looks like I am popular today...This just came thru & I had to read it 3x to make sure I saw it right...

I give the same 2021 pick 2.03 

I get Myles Gaskin Mia RB & late 2021 pick (2.08-2.12 range)

With Mia schedule vs Cinn #29, KCC #23 & NEP #21 run defense, I felt it was a good short term value. 
If Julio were healthy, I'd like both of these moves.  The 2nd one was a really good one I think, especially with were we are in College this year.  Great moves if Julio gives you something n the playoffs.

12 Team ppr

Send:  Kirk and early 2021 Rd 2

Get:  Montgomery and early 2021 Rd 3

Looks like a mistake on paper if Montgomery remains a Top 20 RB next 3 years.  Or, a smart move if Montgomery is unemployed in 3 years.  

Looks like a mistake on paper if Montgomery remains a Top 20 RB next 3 years.  Or, a smart move if Montgomery is unemployed in 3 years. 
Sounds about right. What about our two-year windows we're now supposedly playing with, though?

Monty will likely be finished in three anyway. He'll be older.

So do I. Which I why I offered more yet he took this deal. SMH
Maybe the other GM thinks you don't have a winning personality, so to speak. Did you get him peeved during negotiations or something? People can be weird at times about negotiating.

Otherwise, that's a tough break and :shrug:

Maybe the other GM thinks you don't have a winning personality, so to speak. Did you get him peeved during negotiations or something? People can be weird at times about negotiating.

Otherwise, that's a tough break and :shrug:
No, he said he is working so sorry if he ghosts, but he thinks we are close on a deal. I said I agree & am going to bed in an hour, but message me or send offers & I will reply in the morning. I woke up to that deal being done

Helaire-ious said:
No, he said he is working so sorry if he ghosts, but he thinks we are close on a deal. I said I agree & am going to bed in an hour, but message me or send offers & I will reply in the morning. I woke up to that deal being done
That does suck.  I hate negotiations like that.  Then to see a worse deal.  Almost seems like there is no way it wasn't at least a little personal.  I have guys that won't trade with me because they think I know something they don't.  When they take worse deals than I offer them it drives me bonkers.

That does suck.  I hate negotiations like that.  Then to see a worse deal.  Almost seems like there is no way it wasn't at least a little personal.  I have guys that won't trade with me because they think I know something they don't.  When they take worse deals than I offer them it drives me bonkers.
I had another guy full on get vulgar & insult me just b/c he didn't like my starting offer after he told me which guys on my roster he wanted (They were the ones in the offer)

I told him if that's how he's going to talk to me, we can forget the whole thing. It's FANTASY football, jesus....

12 team PPR, QB(1), RB(2), WR(3), TE(1), FLX(1) 

Gave Watson

Got Sutton

Probably overpaid for a guy coming off an ACL injury, BUT:  It’s not SF and I have Dak and Herbert behind, and no reliable WR3 behind MT & Lockett (my WR3 is a CDavis, MWilliams, Ruggs rotation). Went shopping for a WR and this was the best I could find for a QB at the deadline.  

wlwiles said:

Gave Watson

Got Sutton

Probably overpaid for a guy coming off an ACL injury, BUT:  It’s not SF and I have Dak and Herbert behind, and no reliable WR3 behind MT & Lockett (my WR3 is a CDavis, MWilliams, Ruggs rotation). Went shopping for a WR and this was the best I could find for a QB at the deadline.  
Between the legs windmill slam dunk.

Between the legs windmill slam dunk.
:confused:

Gave up one of the top QBs for a guy coming off a wrecked knee in a diluted, tepid offense? And did it now as opposed to the off-season where guys retool their roster? I think the gun was jumped and lesser value than possible was acquired.

wlwiles said:

Gave Watson

Got Sutton

I love both players, but would have held on to Watson and moved one of the other QB’s. Herbert could be a flash in the pan and is only 3 years younger than 25 year old Watson, Dak is 2 years older than Watson, may not come back right or might not be a Cowboy. Watson is getting it done with a poor receiving core, no TE’s, zero coaching and no running game.

Two trades happened today in one of my dynasty leagues
Full dynasty - IDP  - PPR- 12 team - 24 player roster 
Start: QB 2 RB  3 WR TE Flex - 2 DL 2LB 2 DB

Trade 1:

Team A gets WR Calvin Ridley (They’re in playoff contention and need a win)

Team B gets WR Lamb (rebuild mode)

Trade 2:

Team A gets RB Montgomery and DE Chase Young

Team B gets WR Anderson, 2021 5th rd pick, 2022 1st rd pick 

:confused:

Gave up one of the top QBs for a guy coming off a wrecked knee in a diluted, tepid offense? And did it now as opposed to the off-season where guys retool their roster? I think the gun was jumped and lesser value than possible was acquired.
He owns Dak and Herbert.  He got a stud WR for a QB with no weapons to throw to in a start 1 QB league.  League settings matter.  Pay attention, or go Dr. Dan on us and share with us how Sutton's knee is "wrecked" for his career.

Two trades happened today in one of my dynasty leagues
Full dynasty - IDP  - PPR- 12 team - 24 player roster 

Trade 1:

Team A gets WR Calvin Ridley (They’re in playoff contention and need a win)

Team B gets WR Lamb (rebuild mode)

Trade 2:

Team A gets RB Montgomery and DE Chase Young

Team B gets WR Anderson, 2021 5th rd pick, 2022 1st rd pick 
1. Lamb overall, but both win IMO.

2. Hard to say without seeing starting requirements and IDP scoring, but strongly leaning towards Team B and that 1st round pick.   24 player roster suggests only a handful of IDP starters, plus a WW that's always stocked with replacements, which really devalues IDPs.

He owns Dak and Herbert.  He got a stud WR for a QB with no weapons to throw to in a start 1 QB league.  League settings matter.  Pay attention, or go Dr. Dan on us and share with us how Sutton's knee is "wrecked" for his career.
Debatable, and even so, then by that definition there are 30-40 “stud” WRs.  Most of which are not coming off a blown ACL nor on a team with a terrible QB and two similarly hyped receiving options.  I don’t place a ton of value on QBs in a one QB league, but I would hold Watson before dealing him straight up for Sutton, or be trying to package Watson (or one of those other QBs) plus something for a better WR than Sutton.

Debatable, and even so, then by that definition there are 30-40 “stud” WRs.  Most of which are not coming off a blown ACL nor on a team with a terrible QB and two similarly hyped receiving options.  I don’t place a ton of value on QBs in a one QB league, but I would hold Watson before dealing him straight up for Sutton, or be trying to package Watson (or one of those other QBs) plus something for a better WR than Sutton.
Good call, Say What - I like the idea of packaging him with another piece and upgrading The return to something better than Sutton. Maybe a WR that’s younger and healthy? I think that’s the play here.

Forgot to put this one in there earlier this week as a deal done right before deadline in our IDP devy league:

I gave : Darnell Mooney, Tony Pollard, Jalen Hurts, Baylor Cupp (2022 Devy TE), Owen Pappoe (2022 Devy LB), and Marcel Brooks (2022 Devy LB)

I got: James Conner, Pat Freiermuth (2021 Devy TE)

He was originally only looking to deal Conner and I’m a playoff team with most points this season with aging RBs and no TE devy other than Cupp. Wasn’t using Pollard or Mooney and I have two good devy QBs. No brained and makes my 2020 team even stronger at RB (D. Henry, T. Gurley, D. Swift, J. Conner) and I have a good TE right on the horizon as my TE was thin too. 

14 team PPR TE Prem

Gave: Kyler Murray, Fant

Got: Mahomes, Woods

People probably aren’t going to like this one, but Murray doesn’t look right and I can’t take that risk going into the playoffs. Getting the best QB in the league is a nice consolation prize even if Murray was scoring like crazy before his injury. Fant is talented but not any sort of advantage right now, and Woods is a nice piece. 

14 team PPR TE Prem

People probably aren’t going to like this one, but Murray doesn’t look right and I can’t take that risk going into the playoffs. Getting the best QB in the league is a nice consolation prize even if Murray was scoring like crazy before his injury. Fant is talented but not any sort of advantage right now, and Woods is a nice piece. 
If Mahomes is ever traded, the side that gets him wins. End of story.

Mark Ingram? I mean....I'd take Teddy I guess. Weird trade though.
Yes, Mark. Start 1 QB league. Team trading Teddy away also has Cousins, Lamar & Tua & it's start 1 QB. Banking on Ingram going to another team next year. Worst case, he does not & really nothing was lost. Minimal risk. Team getting Teddy had Wentz as his only backup QB so it works out.

Forgot to put this one in there earlier this week as a deal done right before deadline in our IDP devy league:

I gave : Darnell Mooney, Tony Pollard, Jalen Hurts, Baylor Cupp (2022 Devy TE), Owen Pappoe (2022 Devy LB), and Marcel Brooks (2022 Devy LB)

I got: James Conner, Pat Freiermuth (2021 Devy TE)

He was originally only looking to deal Conner and I’m a playoff team with most points this season with aging RBs and no TE devy other than Cupp. Wasn’t using Pollard or Mooney and I have two good devy QBs. No brained and makes my 2020 team even stronger at RB (D. Henry, T. Gurley, D. Swift, J. Conner) and I have a good TE right on the horizon as my TE was thin too. 
Love what you got. I'm fairly new to devy but the waiting game on 2022 is so long in fantasy lifetime that they're easy flips for a team that always wants the next best thing. Not to mention Freiermuth is a top TE, he's worth more than all those devy guys combined. He's no Kyle Pitts though. Unless it's 2QB when it comes to Jalen Hurts, I love the deal for you. 

Why? Why now?
I assume bad ownership. That 22 1st is probably team that gave up 9-12 that will be the same in 22

RB Travis Etienne, Najah Harris

WR for PPR Jamar Chase, Jaylen Waddle, Rashod Bateman, Devonte Smith, Rondale Moore

if TE premium. Kyle Pitts, Pat Friermuth

if Superflex and the only way 9-12 matters. Trevor Lawrence, Justin Fields, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance

look at the value of Lamb, Jefferson today. Those WR at 2 or Harris look nice and value only increases as rookie fever hits

I assume bad ownership. That 22 1st is probably team that gave up 9-12 that will be the same in 22
22 first is from team who have the 1st overall this year.

There's good players at the top of every draft, just don't love these ones as much. Seems a weak running back class to me and that's the only thing I'd spend a top 3 pick on right now, given my roster makeup.

Rather have a shot at Breece Hall in 22 than settle on Etienne or Harris. 

Gibson and Jeudy were in the 9-12 range in this league last year so still plenty of value to be got with that pick.

Sutton definitely isn't a "stud WR" and that trade would have been available in the offseason.  I don't like this deal at all either.  Jeudy, Hamler, and Fant along with a sub-par QB throwing the ball there will lower Sutton's value too.  That is if he comes back right.  This seems like an undersell for Watson big time and it is a plyer that can't help him now anyways so no reason to rush in to that deal at the deadline.

ConnSKINS26 said:
14 team PPR TE Prem

I wouldn't say the Mahomes side wins EVERY trade ever but definitely think you got the much better side of this one.

Wigglytuff's Gruff said:

There's good players at the top of every draft, just don't love these ones as much. Seems a weak running back class to me and that's the only thing I'd spend a top 3 pick on right now, given my roster makeup.

Gibson and Jeudy were in the 9-12 range in this league last year so still plenty of value to be got with that pick.
Using this years rookie class as a comp for future draft class’ success is a recipe for disaster IMO. Look at picks 9-12 consensus in the 2019 draft and understand this class might be the outlier more than the norm. Still some solid guys from 9-14 range in 2019 but also some still developing and some that flat out are not good...

Zyphros said:
Love what you got. I'm fairly new to devy but the waiting game on 2022 is so long in fantasy lifetime that they're easy flips for a team that always wants the next best thing. Not to mention Freiermuth is a top TE, he's worth more than all those devy guys combined. He's no Kyle Pitts though. Unless it's 2QB when it comes to Jalen Hurts, I love the deal for you. 
It is 2QB but not sensing the long term value is there. The best part of this deal is the names I didn't have to type that initially got asked for : 1st round pick, Patrick Queen, Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, etc. My Devy QBs are currently Jayden Daniels and DJ Uiagalelei too so while I'm waiting there, I didn't throw away anything I cannot replace. Mooney and Pollard were great, but I have Claypool and Swift so I'm set on rookies at those positions so really only Hurts leaves me "exposed" and that's only if you believe in him.

Wigglytuff's Gruff said:

From Breece Hall's wiki page:

Hall was named first team All-Metro and first team All-State after rushing for 1,000,000 yards and scoring 1 total touchdown in his junior season.[1] As a senior, Hall rushed for 2 yards and 0 touchdowns and was again named first team All-Metro and first team All-State and was named the Wichita Metro Player of the Year for some weird reason.
:lmao:

Using this years rookie class as a comp for future draft class’ success is a recipe for disaster IMO. Look at picks 9-12 consensus in the 2019 draft and understand this class might be the outlier more than the norm. Still some solid guys from 9-14 range in 2019 but also some still developing and some that flat out are not good...
Yeah I get that. 2019 was particularly bad and lacking in depth though.
I'm just thoroughly unconvinced by those top 2 running backs.

It seems highly unlikely that the 2022 first rounder I got will be outside the top 5 either. 
Right now I don't need to gamble on players I'm unconvinced by. I should have 2 picks (neither of them my own) in the top 5 in 2022 class which I think looks much better at the top end for running backs.
Gotta stand by your convictions in this game.

Yeah I get that. 2019 was particularly bad and lacking in depth though.
I'm just thoroughly unconvinced by those top 2 running backs.

It seems highly unlikely that the 2022 first rounder I got will be outside the top 5 either. 
Right now I don't need to gamble on players I'm unconvinced by. I should have 2 picks (neither of them my own) in the top 5 in 2022 class which I think looks much better at the top end for running backs.
Gotta stand by your convictions in this game.
Why not draft one of the elite WRs this year and trade him? Or trade the pick for a back already in the league? 

Seems like a big assumption that the 2022 will be early. And while there will be good players later in the 2021 draft, there are REALLY good players at the top - so you're running the risk of losing out on value there.

I've just find out (often the hard way) it's better to just draft the best player even if you don't "need" him. Someone else will want him.

Chase/Waddle/Smith will all be desirable assets that someone will want to acquire.

Why not draft one of the elite WRs this year and trade him? Or trade the pick for a back already in the league? 

Seems like a big assumption that the 2022 will be early. And while there will be good players later in the 2021 draft, there are REALLY good players at the top - so you're running the risk of losing out on value there.

I've just find out (often the hard way) it's better to just draft the best player even if you don't "need" him. Someone else will want him.

Chase/Waddle/Smith will all be desirable assets that someone will want to acquire.
I disagree with this. Any time I've ever take a player with the intention of trading him has backfired. Good teams make the right picks at the top of the draft but great teams trade back and acquire more value, then use their later picks wisely. Last year, depending on the level of love players were getting in your league, you could've picked Metcalf, Deebo, AJB, Hock, or Fant in that late 1st range. The year before that it could've been DJ Moore, Sutton, Ridley or Lamar. Yes there are land mines back there but if you trust yourself to make the right picks, moving back and acquiring more value is the right move.

That said, totally would've held the 1.02 until closer to the draft. This trade or one similar could easily have been done 4-5 months from now. Someone always falls in love with the new hotness at the top

I disagree with this. Any time I've ever take a player with the intention of trading him has backfired. Good teams make the right picks at the top of the draft but great teams trade back and acquire more value, then use their later picks wisely. Last year, depending on the level of love players were getting in your league, you could've picked Metcalf, Deebo, AJB, Hock, or Fant in that late 1st range. The year before that it could've been DJ Moore, Sutton, Ridley or Lamar. Yes there are land mines back there but if you trust yourself to make the right picks, moving back and acquiring more value is the right move.
But even if you can't trade the specific guy you drafted, it gives you a surplus at the position (I'm talking about whether or not you rule draft a guy in a position you're "set" at). Trade someone else. 

My general points were that drafting for need versus talent doesn't work (for me) and targeting specific guys two drafts from now is really risky.

That said, totally would've held the 1.02 until closer to the draft. This trade or one similar could easily have been done 4-5 months from now. Someone always falls in love with the new hotness at the top
Totally

This I could have done perhaps. Dude I traded with seems like he wants to make moves now though, that opportunity to do this may not have been there in a few months time.

Users who are viewing this thread