What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

The trade was rescinded.  (I thought it was accepted.)

What DID get accepted (and has gone through) is as follows:

Beckham, Aldon Smith and Leighton Vander Eshch

for

His 2022 #1.

My team is aging and his is just bad.  At QB he has Tua and Wentz, at RB he only has Taylor, at WR he has Robby Anderson, Beckham, Alshon Jeffrey and Denzel Mims.  He has 9 TEs, the best of whom is Allie Mo-Cox, Aldon Smith is now his best DL and his only other good defensive player is TJ Watt.
Steal!

Landro21 said:
10 Team PPR 1QB

A: Lamar, CEH, Golladay, Logan Thomas 

B: Godwin, Wentz, 1.04, 2.01, 2.02 
I don't play in 10 team leagues, but team A looks like he got 3 starters + Thomas; I will take that side

While picks become more dear to their owners. I get what you're saying. Mostert's value should be higher than that. It should be around a second or third, but sometimes people just aren't biting, especially with him for some reason. I went through something similar, and got lucky to get a mid-second from a contender right before Week 13.
Not trying to make a big deal about Mostert, who I was likely more down then anyone else on these boards last offseason. I just think if the owner had a little more patience he could have got at least a little better and sometimes that makes a difference.

But I wanted to reply because most of the comments to my post seem to indicate all options were exhausted and that's highly unlikely to be the case for a variety of reasons such as:

1. In FFPC if you've not paid for 2021 you can't trade.

2. Majority of FFPC leagues have teams for sale and that does not include owners who have not decided on next season so more teams could be sold. So combined with point 1 above it's highly unlikely you actually have 11 other trade partners in a league right now.

Lots of people coming to me for my various JuJu shares.  Just moved him in another league.

Gave: JuJu, CEH, 2.03

Got: Barkley

Maybe not the perfect fit for this team since it's in a bit of a rebuild but I am a sucker for Saquon and I think the value was right.  I'm not sure I've ever been as invested in a player as I am with Saquon at this point.  I believe I now have him in 9 of my 11 dynasty leagues.

Maybe not the perfect fit for this team since it's in a bit of a rebuild but I am a sucker for Saquon and I think the value was right.  I'm not sure I've ever been as invested in a player as I am with Saquon at this point.  I believe I now have him in 9 of my 11 dynasty leagues.
😵  I can't do more than 5 redraft leagues at a time 

FFPC orphan I just took over. Superflex.

I gave Darnold
I got 2022 2nd, 5.11

Even in SF I don't really want to carry 3 QBs into the cutdown to 16, if I can help it. I think Darnold is possibly in the process of washing out. Clearing this roster spot gives me a lot more flexibility moving towards this cut as well since there are a couple of players that I think I can buy low right now, but if I do I need to make room. I don't like assuming I'm going to be able to make good trades before the cut deadline to get to 16. As such I tend to be sort of aggressive about it and like to strike when the iron is hot, which it often isn't. And people try to lowball you because we all know cuts are looming. In another orphan I am looking at a loaded defending champion that has a ton of picks and stud players, but he is likely going to have to sell cheap because I'm looking at his roster (with my experienced eye) and I can't get lower than 19. I have a few rosters like that as well and I really need to probably overpay for some kind of consolidation move. It is a 1st world problem but it's also a difficult needle to thread with the cutdown deadline.

Not trying to make a big deal about Mostert, who I was likely more down then anyone else on these boards last offseason. I just think if the owner had a little more patience he could have got at least a little better and sometimes that makes a difference.

But I wanted to reply because most of the comments to my post seem to indicate all options were exhausted and that's highly unlikely to be the case for a variety of reasons such as:

1. In FFPC if you've not paid for 2021 you can't trade.

2. Majority of FFPC leagues have teams for sale and that does not include owners who have not decided on next season so more teams could be sold. So combined with point 1 above it's highly unlikely you actually have 11 other trade partners in a league right now.
I agree with meno here. I would personally have gladly paid (a little) more for Mostert if it is for one of my thinner RB roster teams. There was still some time to have got it done for better value. Despite my arguing about striking when the iron is hot and all, I would still wait until everyone is bought in and new orphan owners are available, when it comes to the specific example of Mostert here. If anybody offers a 3rd I autosell regardless of the calendar date. Less than that I'm holding. In my Darnold example, I really don't think I was going to find a better deal than this. And I love stacking future 2nds. Especially in SF. 

Yeah so this orphan buying process for FFPC presents both an opportunity if you wait, as you are arguing here, as well as being a hindrance to making trades. Because as you say, less than 11 partners are available for much of this offseason. So although there are fewer options today, there will be less time available once everyone is bought in. That is a delicate market to read.

Might also hinge on time management tolerance for people. Someone above mentioned not wanting to handle more than 5 redrafts. The more of these that you manage, the more (potential) trades that need to happen to get to 16. I'll admit I'm probably a little looser because of these and other dynamics.

I have mentioned this before but I really do think I have profited from some loose offers from other owners that resulted from their perception of me as a loose trader. This happens in poker where a (skilled) loose player can really clean up because people are trying too hard to pick them off. I think I wake up to more crazy offers (in my favor) than some other owners because I am willing to do some things that make others scratch their heads. Somebody starts slamming me with weird offers because I made some deal, and then I decline and they're like "you did that other deal but you won't do this? idiot!", and then a couple days go by and I wake up to something else that I love and pounce on. 

Anyway, I have some work to do to get to 16 in some spots. 

Lots of people coming to me for my various JuJu shares.  Just moved him in another league.

Gave: JuJu, CEH, 2.03

Got: Barkley

Love buying JuJu this offseason, I still go Barkley here. I know some prefer to build around WR's which I get, but JuJu is young and elite and hopefully he goes to a new team to be used in that elite way. Barkley has what 2 more years of elite value? The window closes quickly on RB's, if you don't mind churning through them, then I think Barkley easily wins here. CEH is almost to the point of roster clogger IMO. 

Continuing on a theme here. FFPC Superflex, same one I shipped Darnold in above:

I gave 2022 1st & 3rd, 4.09
I got Juju, 5.05

This orphan was in the final 4 last year and is quasi-stacked. I do like this as a buy low for Juju. Arguably at cost.

FFPC

Gave D. Henry & Golladay

Got D. Swift & 2022 1st & 3rd (likely late, he won lg this yr)

Hate giving away Golladay but I have AJ Brown and really wanted to move on from Henry now and not be playing Henry and Brown every week which was far from ideal. Still solid at rb w Chubb, Akers, Swift, J. Robinson, Dillon but need to add at wr (Brown, Cooper, Dj Moore, Reagor, Kirk). Short rosters a factor but as I write this I can't help but feel I am trying to convince myself this was the right move even though i know I lost on value.   

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC

Gave D. Henry & Golladay

Got D. Swift & 2022 1st (likely late, he won lg this yr)

Hate giving away Golladay but I have AJ Brown and really wanted to move on from Henry now and not be playing Henry and Brown every week which was far from ideal. Still solid at rb w Chubb, Akers, Swift, J. Robinson, Dillon but need to add at wr (Brown, Cooper, Dj Moore, Reagor, Kirk). Short rosters a factor but as I write this I can't help but feel I am trying to convince myself this was the right move even though i know I lost on value.   
I think the trade is even in itself but I prefer what you got.

Discussion already broke out in some thread a few weeks ago that evolved into some kind of Swift vs Henry. I preferred Swift and despite being about to lose his QB I'm even higher on him then I was a few weeks ago because I like the staff/system for him.

As it pertains to your team, which has a sweet group of RB's, I do like that you added a big time pass catching RB to your stable. Points are points of course but if Chubb, Henry, and Dillon are starting to crack your lineup consistently that sure seems heavy on that many  low volume pass catching RB's.

Continuing on a theme here. FFPC Superflex, same one I shipped Darnold in above:

I got Juju, 5.05

This orphan was in the final 4 last year and is quasi-stacked. I do like this as a buy low for Juju. Arguably at cost.
I'll take your side. Juju's good, other team has to wait a while before hoping to hit on something. 

FFPC

I gave 2022 2nd (not mine but it looks pretty late)
I got Irv Smith

This is the roughest and cheapest of my orphans. Needed a good young TE pretty bad. Probably an overpay.

FFPC

I gave 2022 2nd (not mine but it looks pretty late)
I got Irv Smith

This is the roughest and cheapest of my orphans. Needed a good young TE pretty bad. Probably an overpay.
If roster space is not an issue I think he's worth a 2021 mid second so I don't see an overpay.  Closed the year fairly strong, Rudolph is frustrated with his lack of use and saying he won't take a paycut which is just paving the way for him to breakout and he won't even turn 23 until camp. 

It's smart business in FFPC and maybe even any fantasy league scenario with how to acquire TE's. Let someone else draft them and take up a roster spot a year or two seasoning them for you while you pay similar or sometimes less then original cost.

If roster space is not an issue I think he's worth a 2021 mid second so I don't see an overpay.  Closed the year fairly strong, Rudolph is frustrated with his lack of use and saying he won't take a paycut which is just paving the way for him to breakout and he won't even turn 23 until camp. 

It's smart business in FFPC and maybe even any fantasy league scenario with how to acquire TE's. Let someone else draft them and take up a roster spot a year or two seasoning them for you while you pay similar or sometimes less then original cost.
My TE2 is now *checks notes* Jimmy Graham or Asiasi, so yeah roster space wasn't an issue on this one. I like Smith's outlook quite a bit.

I got Juju, 5.05

I have been trying to get a deal similar to this done, but shifting Juju out.

Juju and the 2.14
for 
2022 mid-early 1st and 2.07

Hasn't quite gone over the line yet though.

I prefer what you gave and by a lot. 
Looks like a futures bet on Vaughn, frankly. Although let's not shake a stick at Montgomery. Didn't he finish like RB6? And has Mixon really put together a year the past two? I dunno. I'm not sure where this is at, but I might have just talked myself into barack's side.

Looks like a futures bet on Vaughn, frankly. Although let's not shake a stick at Montgomery. Didn't he finish like RB6? And has Mixon really put together a year the past two? I dunno. I'm not sure where this is at, but I might have just talked myself into barack's side.
I agree Vaughn is the X-factor. Mixon vs Monty I'll take Mixon on the long term deal with the settled QB position. The Bengals also pick high and should find OL/WR help and improve their offensive scoring. This feels like the time to sell Monty high, as the Bears offense appears to be getting worse (they'll lose ARob & they aren't picking high enough to get a QB). I loved having Monty on my fantasy teams this year but I just don't see many scoring opportunities for the Bears Offense.

Edgar said:
I agree Vaughn is the X-factor. Mixon vs Monty I'll take Mixon on the long term deal with the settled QB position. The Bengals also pick high and should find OL/WR help and improve their offensive scoring. This feels like the time to sell Monty high, as the Bears offense appears to be getting worse (they'll lose ARob & they aren't picking high enough to get a QB). I loved having Monty on my fantasy teams this year but I just don't see many scoring opportunities for the Bears Offense.
The key for Montgomery is how much work with Cohen take when healthy.  Many are touting Montgomery's big year on the fact Cohen was out.  Here was the early split:

• Week 1 - Montgomery 13/64/0 and 1/10/0; Cohen 7/41/0 and 2/6/0
  • Week 2 - Montgomery 16/82/0 and 3/45/1; Cohen 0/0/0 and 1/15/0
  • Week 3 - Montgomery 14/45/0 and 2/9/0; Cohen 2/21/0 and 3/20/0 - Cohen Hurt
  • Total - Montgomery 43/191/0 and 6/64/1; Cohen 9/62/0 and 6/41/0
The passing work was split 50/50 and Montgomery dominated rushes.  While Cohen's injury may have impacted Montgomery's success, we also have to remember that Patterson stepped into Cohen's role.

All this said, I still have Mixon firmly ahead of Montgomery as he should be part of a much more efficient offense.

I prefer what you gave and by a lot. 

I considered Vaughn a throw in and freeroll as I would have done Mixon and Shenault for Monty and the 2.05 straight up. I do like Vaughn's future a little bit, but no I am betting on Monty here. And in SF I am telling you 2.05 is worth a lot more than you think. 

But it's cool.

I considered Vaughn a throw in and freeroll as I would have done Mixon and Shenault for Monty and the 2.05 straight up. I do like Vaughn's future a little bit, but no I am betting on Monty here. And in SF I am telling you 2.05 is worth a lot more than you think. 

But it's cool.
I also need those kinds of throw ins for this orphan. The x factor for me is Mixon and his health. I don't know how much of a concern it should be but otherwise I see him and Monty as a wash. ~2.05 in SF FFPC these last couple years has netted me Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, AJ Brown (don't ask me how - it was 2.03), Singletary, and even though I didn't take him Shenault went a little later than that in most places. Claypool in the 3rd. Granted 2020 was stupid deep, but still. 

2.05 also has the flexibility that we were talking about before in order to help bump up other current draft picks. Now I have 1.09, 2.05, 2.09, am still very strong at WR, and will have more (flexible) ammunition to perhaps upgrade the 1.09 to a difference maker, if it isn't already. Is there a Gibson, Pittman, Aiyuk, Higgins, AJ Brown type in that range? 

Monty finished RB4 in PPR in total points, RB6 in PPG. He is one year younger than Mixon and to the best of my knowledge hasn't had any strange injuries that his organization has been really, really, really ####### weird when talking about.

I agree and have held the position all throughout Monty's career, though, that the Bears offense sucks and that is why he isn't worth targeting. I think I was proven wrong this year because I think his talent (dodges shoes flying at my head) and volume ended up changing that metric. But I agree the Bears outlook isn't great. But he was RB6 when they were playing at a floor offense level. 

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Hill, Taysom NOS QB; Johnson, Ty NYJ RB; 2.04 and 2.06

Team B gave up Hunt, Kareem CLE RB; 3.06

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Hill, Taysom NOS QB; Johnson, Ty NYJ RB; 2.04 and 2.06

Team B gave up Hunt, Kareem CLE RB; 3.06
I think it is pretty even on value but I'd rather have those 2nds this year. If I had other solid starting RBs. If not I might hang onto Hunt. Those picks can be leveraged to add onto other picks, though, to turn it into like 1.03, 1.04 from a 1.09 or something. So even if I didn't have much else at RB I might still take that side. I'd probably try to get other pieces besides Hill and Johnson though.

FFPC (different than above - this is a $250 orphan I bought for $55)

I gave Zeke
I got Jacobs

Yes I saw the DUI news first but I don't think I can pass this up. I woke up to it. 

FFPC

I gave Amari Cooper, 2.09
I got Michael Pittman, 2022 1st
Very close one...Pittman looks like he can play but there is an x-factor of who plays QB in Indy and do they bring in another good WR (imagine if it ended up being Cooper after doing this)...Cooper is a guy I have owned before and never really enjoyed it...that being said he still figured out a way to go 92-1,114-5 this year and while it probably would not have kept up he was on pace for a monster year with Dak...this is the type of deal where I would really need to look at the rosters to fully judge it...what I do like about your side is you get a #1 so you have a little bit of a fail safe if Pittman sputters and I'm not a big fan of using a #1 to acquire Cooper, if I'm going to deal that pick I would probably rather use it elsewhere. 

I really thought I was going to get some other work done today but the offers are flying in and I have a couple more to report:

FFPC SF:
I gave Pittman, 2.05, 2022 2nd &3rd
I got Diggs

FFPC not mine:
Team A gave Ekeler, McKissic, 2.04
Team B gave McLaurin, Herbert

FFPC same one I swapped Zeke for Jacobs up above:
I gave 2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd
I got Claypool, Pittman, D Evans

Two other FFPC SF not involved:

McKissic for a future 4th and Jeffrey Wilson for a future 3rd

Very close one...Pittman looks like he can play but there is an x-factor of who plays QB in Indy and do they bring in another good WR (imagine if it ended up being Cooper after doing this)...Cooper is a guy I have owned before and never really enjoyed it...that being said he still figured out a way to go 92-1,114-5 this year and while it probably would not have kept up he was on pace for a monster year with Dak...this is the type of deal where I would really need to look at the rosters to fully judge it...what I do like about your side is you get a #1 so you have a little bit of a fail safe if Pittman sputters and I'm not a big fan of using a #1 to acquire Cooper, if I'm going to deal that pick I would probably rather use it elsewhere. 
I'm stacked and have a ton of current draft capital and I've been trying to move Cooper for two years. But I don't disagree. 

barackdhouse said:
I really thought I was going to get some other work done today but the offers are flying in and I have a couple more to report:

FFPC not mine:
Team A gave Ekeler, McKissic, 2.04
Team B gave McLaurin, Herbert

Team A by a landslide.

barackdhouse said:
FFPC (different than above - this is a $250 orphan I bought for $55)

I gave Zeke
I got Jacobs

Yes I saw the DUI news first but I don't think I can pass this up. I woke up to it. 
Wondering if I'm missing something on the DUI news. Has something new transpired in last day or two? All I know is the charge from a few weeks ago which last I heard he tested under legal limit and no DUI charges were being filed.

ETA-I like your side of the deal, as long as there is not something I don't know about with Jacobs.

Wondering if I'm missing something on the DUI news. Has something new transpired in last day or two? All I know is the charge from a few weeks ago which last I heard he tested under legal limit and no DUI charges were being filed.

ETA-I like your side of the deal, as long as there is not something I don't know about with Jacobs.
I'm an idiot and didn't realize it was old(er) news. Makes me love my trade even more.  He put Jacobs OTB a couple days ago and is also a new owner that IMO made a couple loose trades off the bat. He moved 2.09 for Parris Campbell to a guy that is going to have a really hard time cutting down to 16. I don't think he needed to pay anything close to that. Anyway I offered Zeke and some WR he wanted, I forget who, for Jacobs plus a lot more. In a way that suggested I was valuing Zeke small to moderately over Jacobs.  He politely declined and said he values Jacobs just a little more than Zeke (I agree). Then I woke up to a straight swap offer and saw the blurb about being arrested for DUI but didn't check the date. I was just the most recent blurb. It didn't scare me and I looked at his birthday and smash accepted.

That Diggs deal came out of nowhere and was *not* the direction I was trying to go but I am defending champ and I love the deal. 

barackdhouse said:
FFPC

I gave Amari Cooper, 2.09
I got Michael Pittman, 2022 1st
The is not directed at you but more so the comments I hear people say about Cooper on these boards, the hate is mystifying to me. I simply don't get it. One terrible season but 1,000+ every other year and does so on solid target load but nothing huge. His career points per target is actually higher then say Hopkins. He may not be a league winner but all I know is I drafted Cooper at 1.11 of a startup the year he entered the league and I've got 6 solid seasons and he's still just going to be 27. IMO the most underrated player in fantasy due to how lightly he is regarded.

As for this trade I lean Cooper but to some degree depends where the pick lands. I do own Pittman on a few teams and I had a tier drop last year from 8 to 9 but Pittman was 9. I'm not feeling great about that ranking right now. He's flashed a little for sure  but more I read and study up on Reich I just think he likes to play a lot of situational football and not rely on any one player to much(though I think Taylor has forced his hand). His style seems to be to heavily use TE's and RB's in passing game and before even factoring in the QB issue I just worry about consistent volume. But if the pick has a chance to be high I'm ok with it because if Cooper has shown one major fault to me it's that he's more likely a solid WR2 then a league winners so putting yourself in that spot to get one is something I can get behind.

That Diggs deal came out of nowhere and was *not* the direction I was trying to go but I am defending champ and I love the deal. 
I usually don't comment on trades in SF, IDP or non-PPR because I don't currently play in those formats and realize there might be something I'm missing. But I just saw that one and that's easy to understand that's a huge win for you in any format.

The is not directed at you but more so the comments I hear people say about Cooper on these boards, the hate is mystifying to me. I simply don't get it. One terrible season but 1,000+ every other year and does so on solid target load but nothing huge. His career points per target is actually higher then say Hopkins. He may not be a league winner but all I know is I drafted Cooper at 1.11 of a startup the year he entered the league and I've got 6 solid seasons and he's still just going to be 27. IMO the most underrated player in fantasy due to how lightly he is regarded.
The issue with Cooper is expectations and a decent amount of very disappointing fantasy playoff games...so far he has averaged 74-1,035-6.3 for his career...solid but not what most Owners the past 6 years were hoping for because he does have big time name value...I think going forward he will actually be a safer guy to own because you won't be hoping he is a #1 or a high-end #2 so his average year will be just fine and he does have the talent to exceed it...one other thing about him which I think contributes to some negativity (and I'm sure there are other examples from quality WRs) but he just seems to have 3 or 4 games a year he where just gives you nothing and many happen during the fantasy playoffs...this year in week 14 (playoffs for most leagues) he went 2-10, the year before in week 14 he went 1-19, in 2018 he went 4-20 and 5-31 in weeks 14 and 15 (he also did not play in week 16), he did not play in week 15 and 16 in 2017, in 2016 he went for 1-28 in week 14 and 4-39 (with a TD) in week 16 and in 2015 he went for 2-10 and 2-20 in weeks 15 and 16...these are the type of performances that can leave a scar and I think they have for some former owners.

The issue with Cooper is expectations and a decent amount of very disappointing fantasy playoff games...so far he has averaged 74-1,035-6.3 for his career...solid but not what most Owners the past 6 years were hoping for because he does have big time name value...I think going forward he will actually be a safer guy to own because you won't be hoping he is a #1 or a high-end #2 so his average year will be just fine and he does have the talent to exceed it...one other thing about him which I think contributes to some negativity (and I'm sure there are other examples from quality WRs) but he just seems to have 3 or 4 games a year he where just gives you nothing and many happen during the fantasy playoffs...this year in week 14 (playoffs for most leagues) he went 2-10, the year before in week 14 he went 1-19, in 2018 he went 4-20 and 5-31 in weeks 14 and 15 (he also did not play in week 16), he did not play in week 15 and 16 in 2017, in 2016 he went for 1-28 in week 14 and 4-39 (with a TD) in week 16 and in 2015 he went for 2-10 and 2-20 in weeks 15 and 16...these are the type of performances that can leave a scar and I think they have for some former owners.
I think you are pretty spot on with why most people are down on him. And listen when I took him that high in a startup I was anticipating 100 catch season, and I still think he's capable of that but I've adjusted my expectations. His actual points rank him higher because he does not miss many games but in PPG he was 27 his rookie season, and since that time had the one god awful season but finished the other 4 seasons as WR15, 17, 18 and 21 in PPG and more importantly in Dallas he's been at least a top 20 WR. That's what he is to me, a solid WR2 and it's possible the prime 2-3 years of his career are coming up.

But I hear people say things here like he has no value to me and that's were I'm puzzled meanwhile they go nuts over Lamb who was in the same offense and despite the attention that Amari drew he still performed less then Amari in total and per target. I of course would take Lamb over Amari as well due to age and fact his growth potential is higher from rookie going forward then Amari's, just saying you'd think Lamb was head and shoulders better and Amari, to quote Rex Ryan, was a turd.

I usually don't comment on trades in SF, IDP or non-PPR because I don't currently play in those formats and realize there might be something I'm missing. But I just saw that one and that's easy to understand that's a huge win for you in any format.
No you aren't.I can't speak for IDP or non-PPR but I love SF and combined with the constraints to cut down to 16 that you are well aware of, adding the layer of needing to roster more than 1 QB is truly challenging. My strategy has been more or less to dominate QB1 and bob and weave for QB2 at the benefit of better difference makers at other positions (theoretically). This team in particular needs an RB3 pretty bad and is very strong at WR but I just can't pass this up. That 2.05 in SF was good for Pittman in this same league last year. In fact, I had him on the top of my board when I was OTC at 1.12 (after I took Jefferson at 1.11) but I moved back to get 2.05 (Pittman) and 3.05 where I took Claypool. I like Pittman quite a bit but he is also in a sweet spot where he is arguably worth selling or buying depending on your team needs.

Anyway you have to bump the value of picks in SF a bit for sure. But you aren't missing anything. I can turn Diggs into a new RB3 much easier than with Pittman, 2.05 and that future 2nd. Or move one of my other WRs now. IDK.

Users who are viewing this thread