What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

Some Pitt fan is going to look at Boyd in a new ______ uniform and say "wow, he could really be a stud next year when X random factor gets solved" and want to jump all over him at 1.08.
Not to change the subject, but do you think Boyd is going to last to 1.8?

Some Pitt fan is going to look at Boyd in a new ______ uniform and say "wow, he could really be a stud next year when X random factor gets solved" and want to jump all over him at 1.08.
Not to change the subject, but do you think Boyd is going to last to 1.8?
It was an example. Boyd, Collins, Braxton Miller - name your guy that lands in a sexy spot and someone get all tingly in the pants for.

12 team PPR

Team A gets: M. Gordon

Team B gets: 1.08, 2.01
If the options were Gordon, picks or Even I'd probably opt for Even but if I had to pick I side I'd go Gordon.

I'm assuming Gordon is slated for another year in the McCoy/Whiz RBBC special but he's better than his stats showed last season, that line was putrid and even if they don't add anyone to the OL just being healthier should be a boost.

A slight hijack of topic:

If any of you guys are in dynasty leagues that utilize contract years and free agency, could you PM me with link to your league rules (or just copy/paste)? One of my long time redraft leagues has finally decided to go dynasty and we all mostly agree on looking at contract setup. I'm charged with getting the rules language set in place. Much appreciated!

On topic:

I moved ASJ, Gio, and 1.08 for M Evans

Last edited by a moderator:
A slight hijack of topic:

If any of you guys are in dynasty leagues that utilize contract years and free agency, could you PM me with link to your league rules (or just copy/paste)? One of my long time redraft leagues has finally decided to go dynasty and we all mostly agree on looking at contract setup. I'm charged with getting the rules language set in place. Much appreciated!

On topic:

I moved ASJ, Gio, and 1.08 for M Evans
ASJ just can't get or stay on the field. He has flashed a super aggressive style at times to me but I have no faith in his ability to stay healthy. I like the Evans side here but it really depends on who he gets at 1.08.

Evans easily
Even in a TE premium league I'd have paid that for Evans if I was not getting back pick 1.8.

I'd also probably put a higher value on that pick 8 than Gio or ASJ so whoever got the Evans side got far and away the best piece and IMO the second best piece.

Just traded 3.01 and 3.02 for Calvin Johnson hoping he comes back for 1 more year. Had to consolidate a little bit anyways so why not take a chance.

Just traded 3.01 and 3.02 for Calvin Johnson hoping he comes back for 1 more year. Had to consolidate a little bit anyways so why not take a chance.
In the Calvin thread I had just asked the question of what would you pay the Calvin owner. Thanks for some type of concrete data.

Also I'd take the Calvin side.

In the Calvin thread I had just asked the question of what would you pay the Calvin owner. Thanks for some type of concrete data.

Also I'd take the Calvin side.
Back in October in a 12 team PPR Dynasty league I traded Sanders and a Dev. 1.11 and 2.11 for Johnson. I felt I was in title contention and was hoping Calvin would turn things around. I ended up losing the SB and with CJ possibly retiring i'm having buyers remorse. :wall:

12 team PPR

Team A gets: M. Gordon

Team B gets: 1.08, 2.01
In a good draft, the picks. In an average year, it's a push.This year's draft, I would take Gordon.
I was the one getting Gordon. I feel he's kinda under valued right now. Their o-line was awful this year and tons of injuries everywhere. In this draft, I don't mind trading these picks. I also have the 1.01 here and planning on taking Elliott as of now...so felt like Gordon was a nice gamble to take.

1.0 PPR. I trade this year's rookie 1.08, I get Melvin Gordon. Kid, in my opinion, just has to much talent not to explode.

A couple of more 12 team PPR deals.....TE bonus

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Team C gets Edelman, Gronk, pick 2.12

Team D gets Antonio Brown, Crowell, Jonathan Stewart, CAP

Team F gets pick 1.2, Ebron, Dorsett

Team E gets Hyde, Crabtree, wolford

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Clearly Nelson now that Calvin's retirement seems probable. Guessing this was made pre-rumor?

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Clearly Nelson now that Calvin's retirement seems probable. Guessing this was made pre-rumor?

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.
JJ Nelson not Jordy

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.
JJ Nelson not Jordy
i think he knew that. What he is saying is JJ Nelson (not retiring) > Mega (retiring)

No, actually the "pre-rumor" was because I read it as Jordy. JJ for Calvin now is probably fair value...retiring star for longshot prospect. Which chance is higher...Calvin comes back for a year or partial year and posts FF Championship worthy stats, or JJ becomes a viable fantasy WR2-3? Who knows.

Me, I'd probably take the Nelson side of that gamble, but can see the other logic.

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Nelson: don't think Calvin is coming back

Gronk: Gronk is huge in TE Bonus and Edelman still has some production ahead of him

Clive/Hyde/Crabtree: the 1.2 is nice, but Clive surpasses Ebron here and Hyde/Crabtree are nice pieces to work with

12 team ppr QB-2RB-3RW-TE-FL

Brown and MM. Strong might turn out ok with some more experience. Amaro, last i checked was playing H Back more so than a move TE, doesnt seem to go hand in hand with FF relevancy. Picks balance it some, but i still like the other side a lot more.

Sanders

maf005 said:
Arodin said:
Matt said:

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.
JJ Nelson not Jordy
Isn't JJ Nelson waiver wire fodder? Isn't a Calvin Johnson wait and see worth more than someone you can pick off the waiver wire? How stupid is he going to feel if Johnson changes his mind?

maf005 said:
Arodin said:
Matt said:

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.
JJ Nelson not Jordy
Isn't JJ Nelson waiver wire fodder? Isn't a Calvin Johnson wait and see worth more than someone you can pick off the waiver wire? How stupid is he going to feel if Johnson changes his mind?
Is JJ Nelson waiver wire fodder? In most leagues yes. Would I have held onto Calvin before giving him up for that? Yes.

But to be fair what if this person views Nelson as the next John Brown? He's got a chance to ascend into the top 3 of the WR rotation next year in AZ and while he'll never be a high volume WR his yards per pass route run(which for me is the most important stat I use when analyzing WR's) is sick impressive. I mean compare him to some other largely unproven young WR's that people are not cutting like Agholor and Strong and he's basically tripling their production every time he runs a route versus when they run one.

I mean like I said I still would not do it and if I wanted Nelson would pursue a cheaper cost but I can see what this person might have been thinking and he still might get the last laugh.

maf005 said:
Arodin said:
Matt said:

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Gronk with the bonus.

Pick and Ebron.
JJ Nelson not Jordy
Is JJ Nelson waiver wire fodder? In most leagues yes. Would I have held onto Calvin before giving him up for that? Yes.

But to be fair what if this person views Nelson as the next John Brown? He's got a chance to ascend into the top 3 of the WR rotation next year in AZ and while he'll never be a high volume WR his yards per pass route run(which for me is the most important stat I use when analyzing WR's) is sick impressive. I mean compare him to some other largely unproven young WR's that people are not cutting like Agholor and Strong and he's basically tripling their production every time he runs a route versus when they run one.

I mean like I said I still would not do it and if I wanted Nelson would pursue a cheaper cost but I can see what this person might have been thinking and he still might get the last laugh.
Whether the guy is right or wrong about JJ Nelson and Calvin Johnson it was still a wrong trade to make when the risk is that high because Johnson could change his mind.. Like you said there are cheaper ways to obtain players like that. Last laugh? Not to me, even if he is right about both Nelson and Johnson.

The Calvin trades from here on out will need much more context. Salaries?? Roster requirements? Contract years??

I can see giving him away for the JJ Nelson's of the world if there are salary constraints, otherwise you hang on to the guy (or pick him up cheap) in hopes he plays. Quite a lot of time from now till the start of the season for someone to change their mind

The Calvin trades from here on out will need much more context. Salaries?? Roster requirements? Contract years??

I can see giving him away for the JJ Nelson's of the world if there are salary constraints, otherwise you hang on to the guy (or pick him up cheap) in hopes he plays. Quite a lot of time from now till the start of the season for someone to change their mind
Go ahead and pick up Bo Jackson while you're at it.

I have never heard a better analogy ever.

openfieldahead said:
Matt said:

Team A gets Megatron

Team B gets JJ Nelson

Nelson: don't think Calvin is coming back

Gronk: Gronk is huge in TE Bonus and Edelman still has some production ahead of him

Clive/Hyde/Crabtree: the 1.2 is nice, but Clive surpasses Ebron here and Hyde/Crabtree are nice pieces to work with
Just curious about the "Clive surpasses Ebron here" comment. As an owner of both, you would have to trade me Walford+ in order to get Ebron. They're roughly the same age, and I see a much higher ceiling for Ebron if he can put it together.

I have never heard a better analogy ever.
Getting back to reality, I was not playing dynasty when Sanders retired. This Calvin situation is a bit unique but it reminds me of two instances from past two years.

Tony Gonzalez was one such instance and he was valuable to the end, especially in FFPC leagues. But due to his age he did not offer promise of multi-year payoff. I had him in a 1.25 TE PPR league and was able to get some value for him, just don't recall which. In FFPC leagues teams in leagues I'm in cut him, but he was redrafted in all leagues on hope he'd come back, in 6yh-7th round rookie draft range. But again even if he had come back he was likely down to a year left and if Calvin wanted to he could probably play at a high level for a few years.

The other comp was Hernandez after he got arrested. I know in some FFPC leagues he got traded for a late first after he was tabbed as main suspect. I myself offered a late first for him and thankfully got rejected.

Neither of those gambles worked out but I thought both made sense to some degree, sometimes you got to swing for the fences.

I don't own Calvin but even in a small roster FFPC type league I'd hold him all off-season and possibly into the season.

Yes I would agree he is still worth a roster spot in the FFPC 16 man cut down. I mean, I suppose people could drop him for the likes of Cecil Shorts, Denard Robinson, or a 2nd kicker or defense, but I rather take my chances he plays another year.

I don't own him anywhere so I don't have any decisions to make, but I will be trying to see what I can get him for in leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread