What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Hmmmmm...well you can only get what people will pay but I think a 2.05 is definitely selling low.  He played hurt this year and he's still only 26 years old.  At 2.05 you are going to have WRs like KD Cannon, Dede Westbrook and Malachi Dupre to choose from...give me Cobb. 
It's a deep IDP league and several LBs will go prior to that due to how they are drafted in this league.  You'd be surprised what WRs will be there.  Still, I get your point.  Cobb loses value in best ball though, in my opinion.  

Cam over Wilson

Parker over muddled up Chiefs RB's.

Julio, 3.6,5.6 over 1.3, Jordy, 2.6, 2.12.

That's not likely how trade participants broke it down but kind of how I see and I see every single case a small to strong gain for team A.
I prefer Wilson over Cam, but otherwise I agree with your valuations.

Concept Coop said:
12 Tm standard PPR

A Gave: A. Green

B Gave: K. Allen, J. Crowder
 I really do not like Crowder much at all, so this is really an Allen for Green trade, and though I am a believer in Keenan, I would not trade Green for him straight up.

I really do not like Crowder much at all, so this is really an Allen for Green trade, and though I am a believer in Keenan, I would not trade Green for him straight up.
I understand not liking a player, but to completely dismiss Crowder as irrelevant is a mistake. In ppr format he finished as WR#25 last year. 

I understand not liking a player, but to completely dismiss Crowder as irrelevant is a mistake. In ppr format he finished as WR#25 last year. 
And one of Garcon/Jackson will be gone, so his production could increase.  I'm the owner getting Green, but agree with you here.  I think Crowder is more than a throw in. 

I'm the opposite.  I really like Crowder.  Probably more than most.  That said I think I prefer the side getting AJ Green.  Maybe I like Allen less than most?

Interesting.  I thought nearly everyone would love the Abdullah side here.  I mean is Cobb now the #3 option there?
I need to start selling Abdullah. Tried 1.07+aa for 1.04 but no dice.  I really like Abdullah but I think he's destined to be a better football player than fantasy asset. I also would roll the dice on the Cobb side. Any wr on gb is worth holding. All it takes is an injury and Cobb goes from flex play to wr1 potential, or at least high weekly upside. Add a remade backfield (a gallman/hood type in the 3/4) and some help on the oline and this offense could take a step forward, which is scary.

I need to start selling Abdullah. Tried 1.07+aa for 1.04 but no dice.  I really like Abdullah but I think he's destined to be a better football player than fantasy asset. I also would roll the dice on the Cobb side. Any wr on gb is worth holding. All it takes is an injury and Cobb goes from flex play to wr1 potential, or at least high weekly upside. Add a remade backfield (a gallman/hood type in the 3/4) and some help on the oline and this offense could take a step forward, which is scary.
But that injury happened - Nelson in 2015.  Cobb ended up having a grand total of one 100+ yard receiving game that year.  In fact he only topped 75 yards 4 times, and only had TDs in 4 games.  My league doesn't show playoff stats (and I know he had a huge playoff game this year), but Cobb has exactly 2 100+ yard receiving games in his last 30 regular season games. 

A machine that's often broken.

I like Eifert.  I really do - but he isn't a top 3 dynasty prospect.
He pretty much is by default. Who do you rank ahead of him? Reed's injury history is more concerning than Eifert's so he better not be on that list.

Interesting.  I thought nearly everyone would love the Abdullah side here.  I mean is Cobb now the #3 option there?
I do prefer Abdullah over Cobb, but neither one of them will likely crack a lineup in that league. Even with 12 teams you'd need more starting spots, but with 10 teams only the top 50 RB/WR/TE are being started (assuming TE is part of the 2 flexes). I think Abdullah is a special talent, but at least for the next 2 years (while he's under contract in Detroit) I agree with @Snorkelson that he'll be a better football player than fantasy player due to Riddick stealing so many targets. But if he lands in the right spot, I think he's got top 10 upside. Cobb is in the right spot and he's not getting it done. 

In TE premium I'm taking the safe route and Rudolph here. He started to flash his potential which is more then we can say of Treadwell. Maybe a conservative approach but give me Rudolph
Kind of silly IMO to talk about flashing potential when the reason you prefer one over the other is that the sixth year player finally flashed in year six while the rookie didn't in year one.

I do prefer Abdullah over Cobb, but neither one of them will likely crack a lineup in that league. Even with 12 teams you'd need more starting spots, but with 10 teams only the top 50 RB/WR/TE are being started (assuming TE is part of the 2 flexes). I think Abdullah is a special talent, but at least for the next 2 years (while he's under contract in Detroit) I agree with @Snorkelson that he'll be a better football player than fantasy player due to Riddick stealing so many targets. But if he lands in the right spot, I think he's got top 10 upside. Cobb is in the right spot and he's not getting it done. 
Sorry, I should have also said 1 TE.  I missed that along with a K and IDPs.  In all it's 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, and 2 dbs.  That's 6 RB/WR/TEs each week, or 60 total.  When injuries and bye weeks come (and they come for all of us), that puts both of them as borderline starters.  Anyway, as it's not a PPR league (though we do get a one point bonus at 5 receptions and another 2 points at 10) I try to start 3 RBs each week with this setup. 

I'm also trying to hoard RBs to drive value up (have Elliott, Hyde, Ingram, Rawls, Lacy, Dixon, the #1 and #4 rookie picks).  When other teams are relying on Ryan Mathews or Derick Henry or Yeldon as weekly starters (we have that), you can set the price of a RB).

Sorry, I should have also said 1 TE.  I missed that along with a K and IDPs.  In all it's 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, 1 k, 2 dl, 2 lb, and 2 dbs.  That's 6 RB/WR/TEs each week, or 60 total.  When injuries and bye weeks come (and they come for all of us), that puts both of them as borderline starters.  Anyway, as it's not a PPR league (though we do get a one point bonus at 5 receptions and another 2 points at 10) I try to start 3 RBs each week with this setup. 

I'm also trying to hoard RBs to drive value up (have Elliott, Hyde, Ingram, Rawls, Lacy, Dixon, the #1 and #4 rookie picks).  When other teams are relying on Ryan Mathews or Derick Henry or Yeldon as weekly starters (we have that), you can set the price of a RB).
Gotcha. Yeah, in 0ppr you definitely want to go 3RB if possible. But still in a 10 team league I'd be frustrated with only 6 RB/WR/TEs. I know it's personal perference, but in 12 team leagues I feel like I'm making really hard lineup decisions (i.e. leaving a lot of talent on the bench) with traditional 3/2/1 setups. With those flexes and 0ppr, WRs are probably a dime a dozen in that league, so Abdullah for Cobb is definitely a win for you. Dixon could be stud-like next year. Get excited. 

Gotcha. Yeah, in 0ppr you definitely want to go 3RB if possible. But still in a 10 team league I'd be frustrated with only 6 RB/WR/TEs. I know it's personal perference, but in 12 team leagues I feel like I'm making really hard lineup decisions (i.e. leaving a lot of talent on the bench) with traditional 3/2/1 setups. With those flexes and 0ppr, WRs are probably a dime a dozen in that league, so Abdullah for Cobb is definitely a win for you. Dixon could be stud-like next year. Get excited. 
Oh I am excited.  While I wouldn't really call WRs a dime a dozen, I get what you  mean.  The top 10-13 WRs are pretty much untouchable.  After them, though, The #14 WR last year had 165 points and the #31 WR had 142.  That's less than a point and a half a game difference, likely not the difference in a win and a loss.  It's going to be tough deciding on which 3 RBs to start each week.

Oh I am excited.  While I wouldn't really call WRs a dime a dozen, I get what you  mean.  The top 10-13 WRs are pretty much untouchable.  After them, though, The #14 WR last year had 165 points and the #31 WR had 142.  That's less than a point and a half a game difference, likely not the difference in a win and a loss.  It's going to be tough deciding on which 3 RBs to start each week.
Yeah, I just meant that outside of the big names they probably don't carry much trade value, so to get anything for a guy like Cobb is very nice.

Kind of silly IMO to talk about flashing potential when the reason you prefer one over the other is that the sixth year player finally flashed in year six while the rookie didn't in year one.
I guess I mean he has finally become something and is in his prime TE years, too much risk or Treadwell being a bust still for me to pass on Rudolph. Treadwell may still become something and he may not, I am just risk adverse

I guess I mean he has finally become something and is in his prime TE years, too much risk or Treadwell being a bust still for me to pass on Rudolph. Treadwell may still become something and he may not, I am just risk adverse
Gotcha.  That makes sense if you simply prefer the safe play.

12 team, 1 PPR

Team A receives D. Parker/J. Matthews/1.9

Team B receives S. Shepard/1.5

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team, 1 PPR

Team A receives D. Parker/J. Matthews/1.9

Team B receives S. Shepard/1.5
I wouldn't think twice about taking the Parker/Matthews and 1.9 side here. 

Obviously the 1.5>1.9. After that I think these WRs are fairly close in value. I think Parker has the most talent out of all three of these guys though

Parker: 56/744/4 - 87 targets

Matthews: 73/804/3 - 117 targets

Shepard: 65/683/8 - 105 targets

Yeah I prefer Parker to Shepard straight up, probably enough to do 1.05 to 1.09 (that looks like the same tier on my draft list) so Mathews is pretty much free.  That's about what he's worth, but I would look to parlay him into a pick or a some FABB dollars.

I'm baffled by how many are not fans of Matthews. While I agree he's not a WR1 stud, he produces and is the WR1 on Philly with an up and coming QB who can sling it. Matthews 3 year averages aren't awful by any stretch. They aren't stellar, but steadily productive. A "free" WR2 I'll take anyday.

Rec/Yards/TDs/Targets (rounded up)

75/917/7/112

Yeah I prefer Parker to Shepard straight up, probably enough to do 1.05 to 1.09 (that looks like the same tier on my draft list) so Mathews is pretty much free.  That's about what he's worth, but I would look to parlay him into a pick or a some FABB dollars.
I like Parker over Shepard as well.

Gotcha.  That makes sense if you simply prefer the safe play.
The "safe" play here, is really not worth it though (I realize that you are not advocating for the safe play here despite me quoting you). Rudolph will not be a difference maker at all. Might as well hope Treadwell lives up to his first round billing, and if he bust, he busts. It's not like you traded Gronk away to get him. You traded away an easily replaceable asset.

I'm baffled by how many are not fans of Matthews. While I agree he's not a WR1 stud, he produces and is the WR1 on Philly with an up and coming QB who can sling it. Matthews 3 year averages aren't awful by any stretch. They aren't stellar, but steadily productive. A "free" WR2 I'll take anyday.

Rec/Yards/TDs/Targets (rounded up)

75/917/7/112
He was a WR5 in my 10-team league and hasn't improved since his rookie year.  

I do think he is worth something though and if you prefer Parker over Sterling, which most probably would, then I certainly think the Parker side of the deal is better. 

Matthews: 73/804/3 - 117 targets
Another Matthews:  65/945/9 -- 108 targets

But Rishard has much less trade value than Jordan. 

That's the thing with J. Matthews.  He's been in the league 3 years and has been a relatively average WR.  He's not going to win you many championships.   Guys like Beasley, Lafell, and Thielen averaged the same ppg as him this past year.  But none of those guys carry remotely the same "value" as Jordan Matthews does.   These "free" WR2 guys can be found on the WW every year. 

The "safe" play here, is really not worth it though (I realize that you are not advocating for the safe play here despite me quoting you). Rudolph will not be a difference maker at all. Might as well hope Treadwell lives up to his first round billing, and if he bust, he busts. It's not like you traded Gronk away to get him. You traded away an easily replaceable asset.
somewhat disagree, in TE premium a TE who can catch 83 passes and 7 TD's is not an easily replaceable asset. What do we think Treadwell's upset is, he isn't a burner so I'd argue it is probably in that same neighborhood and I would be getting .5 less per reception.

somewhat disagree, in TE premium a TE who can catch 83 passes and 7 TD's is not an easily replaceable asset. What do we think Treadwell's upset is, he isn't a burner so I'd argue it is probably in that same neighborhood and I would be getting .5 less per reception.
Rudolph has been in the league for 6 seasons - things broke well for him this past season being teamed up with a QB that likes to check down (and yes he will still have him next season at least). I think that's likely his best season. He's not terribly athletic. I wouldn't mind having him rostered, but just see him as a mid range TE1 at best - what is that worth?

What is Treadwell's upside? That's difficult to answer, but as an NFL first round pick (and sure he could bust) and a player taken 1.03-1.04 in rookie drafts last season his upside is well above a mid-range TE1 (who can realistically be viewed as a TE2 to be honest).

Users who are viewing this thread

• joey