What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

It said same league, and 2.02 was involved in first two and Julio in 2nd two, so it looks like all were done by the same owner.   The owner that gave Thomas away proceeded to steal Julio so actually was net ahead for a while, but then gave it back again.  All in all he ended up about the same.while significantly shifting equity from one other team to another.  If I got it right, the net for him is:

Gave
Michael Thomas
Hogan
Mathews
Tyreek
2018 5th

Got
Landry
Howard
Julius Thomas
Garcon
2018 2nd
2018 3rd
I believe you are correct. And full disclosure, I ended up with Julio. The trade was offered to me and after some consideration, I accepted. It vastly strengthens my WRs (obviously), but I love both Howard and Landry and it weakens my RBs. 

These deals ultimately have been sent to be reviewed. I'm fine if all get overturned. However, I've spoken to the guy who sold me Julio and he'll be very upset if this happens. Also to note, the guy who sold Julio initially is a "Green Badge" earner for past performance of winning over $1000 with the FFPC for what that's worth.

12 team, 0.5PPR, start1/2/3/1

I give: Graham, 3.01, 2018 3rd (99.9% prob it's 3.07 or later)

I get: 2.04

Not the value I wanted, but looking to land one of the top TE prospects. Will lean on Ertz as my starter. 

For a couple seasons now, when on the field, Reed has beern closer to Gronk than the rest of that young field has been to Reed.

I dont feel that Allen gives the same differential advantage vs. the next tier of WR.  Admittedly I am lower on Allen than most, but I thnk you are underselling Reed.
The operative words being "when on the field".

I like Reed's talent so,no, I'm not selling him short.  Google "Jordan Reed concussion" and you will see headlines like "5 concussions in 5 years", "6 concussions later", "Reed hid latest concussion". and "Reed admits he hid concussion in 13".

I admit that Allen isn't a guarantee either and has a lot in common with Reed.  Big performances when on the field but, all too often, not on it.

Last year I had a guy offer me his kicker for Evans so I feel your pain.
Our league rules are "all trades must be completed on MFL, then posted to forums where both owners must confirm the trade before it's final".

I have great fun accepting these kinds of offers on MFL and seeing their reactions when I don't confirm it on the forums.

Our league rules are "all trades must be completed on MFL, then posted to forums where both owners must confirm the trade before it's final".

I have great fun accepting these kinds of offers on MFL and seeing their reactions when I don't confirm it on the forums.
That sounds awful all the way around, from every angle.

The operative words being "when on the field".

I like Reed's talent so,no, I'm not selling him short.  Google "Jordan Reed concussion" and you will see headlines like "5 concussions in 5 years", "6 concussions later", "Reed hid latest concussion". and "Reed admits he hid concussion in 13".

I admit that Allen isn't a guarantee either and has a lot in common with Reed.  Big performances when on the field but, all too often, not on it.
I know there are conflicting opinions on concussions. Some doctors say once the brain image looks normal after a few weeks everything is good to go regardless of how many concussions someone has had.  Others doctors disagree.  But F that, if i was a player no way i'd risk my brain and long term health after multiple concussions.  If he gets another concussion obviously something isn't right with how his brain responds to trauma.  Even with his 5 or whatever concussions something is probably off.  

Not sure how much money he's made but retirement has to be on the table if he gets concussed again.   He's an awful dynasty investment at his present value.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL

Team A gave up Doctson, Josh WAS WR; Fleener, Coby NOS TE

Team B gave up Davis, Vernon WAS TE; Reed, Jordan WAS TE

MFL doesnt process with just one click. You have to accept, and then confirm. Seems like a rule I would definitely hate. 
Not if you are offering the trade.  Yes, you can always just slow down and double check it, but mistakes happen, mobile devices have small buttons, apps suck, etc.  We're a bunch of working adults that prefer to cut a guy a break when it doesn't hurt anything to do so.  If it were abused and people used it to change their minds from buyer's remorse or try to undercut or re-negotiate a bad deal then we'd get rid of it.  I am in three leagues like this and have literally never seen someone misuse it, let alone have it happen to me.  I've even seen trades posted, then last minute news that would have certainly changed the trade but the owner held to it - "them's the breaks".

Guess I should add it's also important to make sure other safety checks are verified like roster limits and contract caps.  We get trades 2-3 times a year where someone needs to cut a guy to make room or the trade puts them over the cap so they have to make a different adjustment.  There are also limits on trading future draft picks that may trigger pre-payment for that league year first.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC Blockbuster as roster cutdown approaches

Gave Julius Thomas

Received pick 3.11
I know FFPC has nasty roster limits but I think I would find room for him at that price in a 1.5 TE PPR format.  If nothing else should be able to flip him once roster limits are lifted for a better pick.

Not if you are offering the trade.  Yes, you can always just slow down and double check it, but mistakes happen, mobile devices have small buttons, apps suck, etc.  We're a bunch of working adults that prefer to cut a guy a break when it doesn't hurt anything to do so.  If it were abused and people used it to change their minds from buyer's remorse or try to undercut or re-negotiate a bad deal then we'd get rid of it.  I am in three leagues like this and have literally never seen someone misuse it, let alone have it happen to me.  I've even seen trades posted, then last minute news that would have certainly changed the trade but the owner held to it - "them's the breaks".

Guess I should add it's also important to make sure other safety checks are verified like roster limits and contract caps.  We get trades 2-3 times a year where someone needs to cut a guy to make room or the trade puts them over the cap so they have to make a different adjustment.  There are also limits on trading future draft picks that may trigger pre-payment for that league year first.
But it could lead to guys accepting bad trades and then not confirming them in the forums...

My league is the same but we do this without the need for a 2nd approval system. Simply, if a trade is accidentally accepted or offered, the owner will always speak up quickly (since they had to do something to actively accept an offer, so it's not like they're not on the league web site when the error happens) so they simply and quickly post some sort of "oops! Didn't mean that" message on the message board or email the league, and we're cool with reversing or canceling the trade or free agent move. This has probably happened once a year in the 5+ year history of our league if you count accidental drops well as accidental trade accepts, and there's never been an argument once the owner quickly posts a mistake was made. 

:confused:

Didn't you say this earlier?

Fair enough, but that was a reply to "Mike Evans for a kicker". 

If we must discuss my league's rules, let's do it elsewhere and not clutter up the best thread on this forum.

12 team ppr QB/2RB/3WR/TE/FL/TD

Team A gave up Freeman, Devonta ATL RB; Landry, Jarvis MIA WR; Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Team B gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR; Bernard, Giovanni CIN RB; White, James NE RB

garlicduck said:

Team A gave up Freeman, Devonta ATL RB; Landry, Jarvis MIA WR; Thompson, Chris WAS RB

Team B gave up Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR; Bernard, Giovanni CIN RB; White, James NE RB
I like everyone on the Freeman side but have to go Hopkins/Gio side. Very close though

garlicduck said:

Freeman side for me.

Give me Rogers all day long. 
I don't really like either player all that much but as sucky as Fleener was, he was still the #15 TE.  He plays on a prolific offense and had a few big games that shows he is capable of.  He definitely didn't really click with Brees but that could change.

Rogers looked okay but I wonder what happens next year with Martavis Bryant back and if they get decent TE play - either Ladarius gets healthy or they draft a TE.

Pretty much a push or meh to me. 

FFPC rules league:

Team A gave: AJ Green, McCoy, 3.8, 2018#3

Team B gave:  Ajayi, Jordy, and Malcolm Mitchell

I was not involved, feel like team getting Green/McCoy got the better end of the deal.

I don't really like either player all that much but as sucky as Fleener was, he was still the #15 TE.  He plays on a prolific offense and had a few big games that shows he is capable of.  He definitely didn't really click with Brees but that could change.

Rogers looked okay but I wonder what happens next year with Martavis Bryant back and if they get decent TE play - either Ladarius gets healthy or they draft a TE.

Pretty much a push or meh to me. 
What he said

12 team, 0.5PPR, start1/2/3/1

I give: Graham, 3.01, 2018 3rd (99.9% prob it's 3.07 or later)

I get: 2.04

Not the value I wanted, but looking to land one of the top TE prospects. Will lean on Ertz as my starter. 
Lame to bump my old post but just wondering what thoughts were on this.  I'm still torn after the fact if I sold too cheaply.

Users who are viewing this thread