What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Perhaps not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.  He said he was offered that though, which means the 1.01 owner has some level of interest in the extra picks, so that would be my initial counter.  Rubber hits the road, would I do it if I felt like it was the best and final?  I doubt it right now.
In my experience it usually does hurt to ask when you're already clearly getting the better side of the value proposition. Asking for something small let alone another big piece is the fastest way to a trade retraction.

In my experience it usually does hurt to ask when you're already clearly getting the better side of the value proposition. Asking for something small let alone another big piece is the fastest way to a trade retraction.
It's an aggressive request for the 2018#1 to be sure but when the trade was offered already for his 6,7 and 13 and he said no I would disagree that the two parties in the trade agree that he is clearly getting the better side of the value  and for those trade talks only those two parties matter.

I also don't think he's clearly winning the value here even though I will likely will have my top rated rookie just inside my top 12 overall so first round startup value.

According to whom?  How often have you ever seen someone lead with their chin on an initial offer?  I know a snap-accept offer when I see one, and I'll certainly just click accept when those come in, but this isn't one of them.  You may be willing to give 1.06, 1.07, and 2.01 for 1.01 but that doesn't make it clearly getting the better value, that just makes it your opinion.  In my opinion it's not, and menobrown declined it too (giving up 6, 8, 9).  And even if you do believe that, it doesn't mean the other owner does.  The fact that he's the one that made the offer strongly suggests he doesn't because how many people lead with an offer they think they are getting crushed on?  Maybe he'd really do it just for the 1.06 and 1.07 but feels like he'll start high.  And if so, a counter of 2.01 for 2018 1st could be that middle ground.

I have literally never had someone rescind an offer and close the conversation because I suggested a counter-offer.

Lame to bump my old post but just wondering what thoughts were on this.  I'm still torn after the fact if I sold too cheaply.
So you gave up Graham to swap the 25th pick for the 16th?  Well, you have Ertz who I prefer to a post-injury Graham.  It's not a huge move up in the draft, but it COULD be the difference in landing a rookie TE depending on how you league values them.   So, if you get the guy you covet then good deal.  It's a calculated risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
ILUVBEER99 said:
Highly doubt Murray will bring in a mid-1st in this specific league, future 1st's are valued extremely highly if they have potential to be mid/high.  That said it was a solid deal to get Murray for the 1.13.  
If he is close to last seasons stats he could but I understand what you are saying

12 tm ppr 2 Rd devy league 1/2/3/1/2flx

Zeke/landry/dt/wallace/cja/booker

For

DCook/barkley/sutton/michaelthomas/dixon.  1.3 (devyweakened)

If he is close to last seasons stats he could but I understand what you are saying
I agree in many leagues he could, but i'm in the league the trade went down in.  In that specific league older RB's are treated as if they have the plague.  1st round rookie picks, especially decent ones, are viewed as goldmines. 

I agree in many leagues he could, but i'm in the league the trade went down in.  In that specific league older RB's are treated as if they have the plague.  1st round rookie picks, especially decent ones, are viewed as goldmines. 
Even in other leagues it's a risk.  The thing about 29 year old RBs is that at the first sign of slowing down they lose all value.  If DeMarco Murray doesn't pick up right where he left off at the beginning of next year then his value tanks and that 1.13 is in the rear view mirror.  At this point he's one short bad stretch of games or one sprained ankle away from having zero trade value.

12 Team std with IDP

Team A gives - Lamar Miller, Jacoby Brissett, Rd. 1 pick #10, Rd. 3 pick #10

Team B gives - Rd. 1 pick #1, Rd. 4 picks #1 & #10

Not involved

14 team PPR. Start 1-3-1 with flex. IDP. Not involved

team a gave Eddie Lacy, Tyrell Williams, Danny Trevethan, 5.-3, 6.13

team b gave Jordy Nelson, Lawrence Timmons, 4.6, 4.10

According to whom?  How often have you ever seen someone lead with their chin on an initial offer?  I know a snap-accept offer when I see one, and I'll certainly just click accept when those come in, but this isn't one of them.  You may be willing to give 1.06, 1.07, and 2.01 for 1.01 but that doesn't make it clearly getting the better value, that just makes it your opinion.  In my opinion it's not, and menobrown declined it too (giving up 6, 8, 9).  And even if you do believe that, it doesn't mean the other owner does.  The fact that he's the one that made the offer strongly suggests he doesn't because how many people lead with an offer they think they are getting crushed on?  Maybe he'd really do it just for the 1.06 and 1.07 but feels like he'll start high.  And if so, a counter of 2.01 for 2018 1st could be that middle ground.

I have literally never had someone rescind an offer and close the conversation because I suggested a counter-offer.
Nope not just my opinion. I have seen tons of 1.1 deals now over the past month here, on DLF, DLF trade tool and on twitter and this forum that also just voted 1.1 as a late 1st round startup value. I've also seen plenty of deals for the 1.3 that are more aligned with this trade. So yes I feel confident that the 1.1 is clearly the better side of this trade. Perhaps he isn't leading with an offer he's getting crushed on from his perspective  but maybe he's the type that offers his best the first time? There are Plenty of people like that. And when you counter asking for more those types pull their offer. 

Sorry  I don't believe that you've never had an owner retract an offer after you made a counter. 

How much you wanna bet?
Bet a random guy on an internet board about a hypothetical trade that can't be proven?  Sure, how about pink slips, my partially completed Death Star for your slightly used USS Enterprise?

Anyway, staying on track with the thread:

Team A gets 1.02

Team B gets Rob Gronkowski, 2018 4th, 2018 4th

Team A gets Tyreek Hill, 1.12

Team B gets Allen Robinson

.5 PPR, no return yards.  Contract league, Robinson has 2 years Tyreek is unassigned.

Bet a random guy on an internet board about a hypothetical trade that can't be proven?  Sure, how about pink slips, my partially completed Death Star for your slightly used USS Enterprise?

Anyway, staying on track with the thread:

Team A gets 1.02

Team B gets Rob Gronkowski, 2018 4th, 2018 4th

Team A gets Tyreek Hill, 1.12

Team B gets Allen Robinson

.5 PPR, no return yards.  Contract league, Robinson has 2 years Tyreek is unassigned.

I would go pick in 1st deal just too worried about how long Gronk will be around

ARob landslide in 2nd deal

12 tm ppr 2 Rd devy league 1/2/3/1/2flx

Zeke/landry/dt/wallace/cja/booker

For

DCook/barkley/sutton/michaelthomas/dixon.  1.3 (devyweakened)

Seems people were split on this one, but I like it all the way around. I think the raw value is technically on the rebuilding side, but when you take into account the risk associated with banking on devy and rookie assets, as well as the difficulty in acquiring a stud like Zeke at all, it makes sense. And I can see being on the win-now side as well, if I were ready to push my chips all in.

Could I see this being a landslide in a year or two for the Cook/Barkley/Sutton/Thomas side? Of course, the RBs especially have a chance to be like Zeke in their own right if things break right. But that's a big if.

But I can also see a future where nothing, or very little, goes as planned for the rebuilding side and the other owner just got half a starting lineup, including a top-3 RB, for a bunch of question marks.

Good trade all around.

Zealots PPR Dynasty. Not an earth shattering deal. I've received the picks in this deal. Pretty much over Gordon at this point. If he turns his life around and returns to stardom I certainly lose on this one. I'm guessing he's pretty much done with football.

Team A Trades Josh Gordon

Team B trades 2017 pick 3.7 and 2018 3rd.

Zealots PPR Dynasty. Not an earth shattering deal. I've received the picks in this deal. Pretty much over Gordon at this point. If he turns his life around and returns to stardom I certainly lose on this one. I'm guessing he's pretty much done with football.

I'll buy Gordon at that price quite easily.

I'm guessing many will agree with your sentiment. I'm just not willing to hold his shares any longer.
Why now though? You've held for how long? Seems like an odd time to sell for that cheap unless there is some kind of required roster cut down before the rookie draft and it's really short bench.

Why now though? You've held for how long? Seems like an odd time to sell for that cheap unless there is some kind of required roster cut down before the rookie draft and it's really short bench.
I took the team over prior to 2016, so I've only had him 1 year. I've made some moves to get players I prefer and will continue to do so. We do have roster cut downs due March 9th (pushed back due to MFL downtime). We have to cut rosters to 40, listing 8 as RFA (Restricted Free Agents). Owners can bid on those players designated as RFA. The compensation is blind bidding ZBucks. If I listed Gordon as an RFA I'm sure he may have garnered a nice sum, but I prefer draft picks to blind bidding dollars. Granted the 2 3rds may be light, but if he never plays again then I'll be content with the move. If Gordon returns to stardom I'll have my wife or neighbor punch me in the face. 

I took the team over prior to 2016, so I've only had him 1 year. I've made some moves to get players I prefer and will continue to do so. We do have roster cut downs due March 9th (pushed back due to MFL downtime). We have to cut rosters to 40, listing 8 as RFA (Restricted Free Agents). Owners can bid on those players designated as RFA. The compensation is blind bidding ZBucks. If I listed Gordon as an RFA I'm sure he may have garnered a nice sum, but I prefer draft picks to blind bidding dollars. Granted the 2 3rds may be light, but if he never plays again then I'll be content with the move. If Gordon returns to stardom I'll have my wife or neighbor punch me in the face. 
Fair enough. That context helps a bit. Haha. Just make sure this is the league your wife knows about and not one of your secret ones. Otherwise she'll be punching you somewhere else.

Zealots is also IDP and non-PPR IIRC, so both Gordon is worth a little less and the 3rds are worth a little more than in standard leagues.

Fair enough. That context helps a bit. Haha. Just make sure this is the league your wife knows about and not one of your secret ones. Otherwise she'll be punching you somewhere else.
My wife knows about all 15, I mean all 2 leagues I'm in  :lmao:

As a guy that has owned Gordon since he entered the league and held him in several zealots leagues I would be ready to sell for that too.

There are PPR leagues now. Each league can vote on going PPR. But most aren't.
Out of the 60 "classic" leagues, 35 switched to PPR. This doesn't include the new Relegation, Devy and Superflex leagues which are all PPR. I'm not sure how many of the auction leagues are PPR, but I believe ZFAC 3 is. I was surprised to see this many, I didn't realize that many had switched.

Out of the 60 "classic" leagues, 35 switched to PPR. This doesn't include the new Relegation, Devy and Superflex leagues which are all PPR. I'm not sure how many of the auction leagues are PPR, but I believe ZFAC 3 is. I was surprised to see this many, I didn't realize that many had switched.
Wow, that surprises me too. I'm in two non and one PPR league. (Look at me!)

not close either
I thought it was close. I prefer 1.1 but I value Howard at around 1.3/1.4 and Ebron 1.9/1.10.

You may not prefer the deal but if we call it 1.3 + 1.10 and an 18 2nd or 1.4 + 1.9 and an 18 2nd for 1.1. I dont think that is far off enough to say not close.  

I would take 1.1, but would have to think about it a little.

I would take 1.1, but Howard is incredibly underrated.

There are very few RBs who have had a rookie year like Howard's and not gone on to be both NFL and FF hall of famers.  That's not to say Howard is going to be a hall of famer but people are way underestimating what he accomplished last year.

For every guy that had a rookie year like that and went on to bust or be mediocre there are literally 6 or 7 guys that went on to be all-time fantasy greats.  

RBs to rush for 1200+ yards as a rookie:

Fred TaylorChris JohnsonLadainian TomlinsonMatt ForteSteve SlatonMarshall FaulkAdrian PetersonJamal LewisEddie GeorgeDoug MartinMike AndersonCurtis MartinClinton PortisEdgerrin JamesAlfred MorrisJordan Howard

I thought it was close. I prefer 1.1 but I value Howard at around 1.3/1.4 and Ebron 1.9/1.10.

You may not prefer the deal but if we call it 1.3 + 1.10 and an 18 2nd or 1.4 + 1.9 and an 18 2nd for 1.1. I dont think that is far off enough to say not close.  

I would take 1.1, but would have to think about it a little.
I don't think you can get a 1st for Ebron, at least I have not seen it. It's an instant accept for 1.1 in my opinion

12 team PPR 1/2/3/1 1 flex

Gave: OBJ, Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin 

For: David Johnson, CJ Anderson

Gave: Julio Jones, Drew Brees

For: Sammy Watkins, 1.01*

*(Rookie draft is mixed rookie/devy with many top rookies already owned and all 2018 draft eligible devys available. Pick will almost certainly be Saquon Barkley.)

I like Ebron. He probably isn't worth a late first but he is still very young and perhaps still on an upward trajectory, which is encouraging. If Boldin is done in Detroit then Ebron could be poised for a bigger role. That's the upside. Otherwise I think most people aren't buying. That being said I traded Gio for Ebron straight up in a TE premium dynasty last year and am still pleased. I like Gio, too. 

12 team PPR 1/2/3/1 1 flex

Gave: OBJ, Jamaal Charles, Doug Martin 

For: David Johnson, CJ Anderson
OBJ. But it's close. I love DJ but I think it's more likely he has had his best year but that OBJ might still have more in store. CJ and Martin are a wash. Charles is all upside and free.

Eli gives me pause but so does Carson Palmer. The flip side for me is that DJ is more dominant at the RB spot than OBJ is at the WR. It's a tough one. Probably just comes down to personal preference and roster composition and needs.

Users who are viewing this thread