What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (14 Viewers)

Zealots Field (PPR)

Start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-3TE (and a kicker and some IDPs).

Traded:

Andrew Luck and Jesse James

For:

Hunter Henry, 2017 1.03, 2017 2.09 and 2018 1st (almost certain to be top 3)

My remaining QBs are the Patriots trio, Kirk Cousins and Ryan Tannehill; his were Brock Osweiler and Matthew Stafford.

Don't shoot the messenger, folks, he came to me.  Some people are willing to pay anything for a top QB.

Zealots Field (PPR)

Start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-3TE (and a kicker and some IDPs).

Traded:

Andrew Luck and Jesse James

For:

Hunter Henry, 2017 1.03, 2017 2.09 and 2018 1st (almost certain to be top 3)

My remaining QBs are the Patriots trio, Kirk Cousins and Ryan Tannehill; his were Brock Osweiler and Matthew Stafford.

Don't shoot the messenger, folks, he came to me.  Some people are willing to pay anything for a top QB.
Heavy by Henry and 2018 1.

But Adams is ALREADY in a really good spot, no?
I think the argument for 1.05 over Adams is twofold.

One, if you're moving Adams, you probably feel like you're getting a more talented player in Williams, McCaffrey, Mixon or Ross. So if they land in a good spot also, you're potentially getting more fantasy value because they're better players. 

Two, while Adams is currently in a great spot, he's also in the final year of his contract and both Cobb and Nelson are under contract for 2018 with big money. So you're only guaranteed of one year of Adams being in a good spot and who knows where he's playing in 2018. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the argument for 1.05 over Adams is twofold.

One, if you're moving Adams, you probably feel like you're getting a more talented player in Williams, McCaffrey, Mixon or Ross. So if they land in a good spot also, you're potentially getting more fantasy value because they're better players. 

Two, while Adams is currently in a great spot, he's also in the final year of his contract and both Cobb and Nelson are under contract for 2018 with big money. So you're only guaranteed of one year of Adams being in a good spot and who knows where he's playing in 2018. 
I think they would keep Adams over Cobb at this point. If I read Cobbs contract correctly the Packers can dump him after the year and save 8.6 mil of cap space. I think 3.25 mill of his 13 mill signing bonus would count as dead money.

Nelsons contract is up after 2018 and he carries a 12.5 mill cap hit that year and can be released after this season at minimal penalty. 10.25 mill in savings , 2.3 mill in dead money. My guess is they will sign Nelson to an extension after this upcoming season . 

My opinion is that's it's either restructure or release for Cobb. I don't think Adams will be going anywhere if he has another season like he did last year. 

As for 1.5 vs Adams. I'd probably take Adams

FFPC:

Gave: 1.9, Willie Snead

Got: Alshon

This is the third time I've acquired Alshon recently at a similar cost. Each time his owner came offering to me, I was not looking to buy Alshon. Starting to make me wonder what his old owners know that I don't.

FFPC:

This is the third time I've acquired Alshon recently at a similar cost. Each time his owner came offering to me, I was not looking to buy Alshon. Starting to make me wonder what his old owners know that I don't.
It goes back to Alshon's final year in college, pre-draft process, combine, etc. There was a negative connotation of the guy from the get-go (which allowed me to get him as a late 1st in rookie drafts of most of my leagues at the time). Then, he shows he clearly has Pro Bowl talent, but still some negative connotations around his off-field, interest in playing through injuries, you name it. There will always be 4 owners out of 12 of every league who don't feel comfortable valuing Jeffery as WR12 or better - that probably doesn't change. Depending on which side of the table you reside, it's an opportunity to get a horse at a discount. As a buyer, you just have to know you can't expect to go to market and sell him at WR12 or better value - you are buying to use him, not to re-sell him. Even a strong season for Jeffery is unlikely to move the needle in terms of flip value - those owners who don't like him have their mind made up. I think he presents incredible value with all the Jeffery "buys" I've seen in this thread. 

Or there's the simpler explanation that he has had two good seasons (when he was second fiddle) and three incompletes.

So some managers would rather not deal with that much uncertainty.

Looking for some feedback: 

Made the following trade: 

Gave: D. Bryant 

Got: T. Gurley 

Had more depth at WR than RB's, but obviously this is a trading starter for starter deal. My logic is that Gurley is much younger, and Bryant is target poor, and not the best player on his team. My GUT also tells me DAK will have some struggles year #2. If Gurely can get ANY improvement on his squad he can get back to his rookie form. 

Regardless of the rest of the rosters, I think this is a solid trade. I know Dez is what he is, but Gurley could take it to the next level. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Had more depth at WR than RB's, but obviously this is a trading starter for starter deal. My logic is that Gurley is much younger, and Bryant is target poor, and not the best player on his team. My GUT also tells me DAK will have some struggles year #2. If Gurely can get ANY improvement on his squad he can get back to his rookie form. 

Regardless of the rest of the rosters, I think this is a solid trade. I know Dez is what he is, but Gurley could take it to the next level. Thoughts?

Thanks!
Depends on league specifics.  I'd take Dez in a 1RB league with PPR, I'd take Gurley in a 2 RB league.

Thanks!
Gurley all day in any format.

FFPC:

Looks like a great deal for you

Thanks!
I would go Gurley even in 1 rb

LBH said:
I think they would keep Adams over Cobb at this point. If I read Cobbs contract correctly the Packers can dump him after the year and save 8.6 mil of cap space. I think 3.25 mill of his 13 mill signing bonus would count as dead money.

Nelsons contract is up after 2018 and he carries a 12.5 mill cap hit that year and can be released after this season at minimal penalty. 10.25 mill in savings , 2.3 mill in dead money. My guess is they will sign Nelson to an extension after this upcoming season . 

My opinion is that's it's either restructure or release for Cobb. I don't think Adams will be going anywhere if he has another season like he did last year. 

I agree with all this but expect them to let Jordy walk in 2018. Can't see them extending a guy who will be 33 before 2018 season starts. I think the more likely scenario if Adams plays well this year is  they extend him mid season and take a wait and see approach on Jordy and Cobb.

LBH said:

It's close, but I'd take the pick because I think those top receivers and RBs are better players than Adams. 

And when it comes to whether a guy stays or not, I prefer to look at it in terms of percentages vs. just saying "he's staying" or "he's gone." More and more guys are willing to play out that final year and get out into FA where there's usually somebody willing to overpay. Even if the Packers do decide they want to extend him, it's a two-way street and we're seeing more and more guys who are below the franchise tag level just play it out and test the market instead of getting locked into below market extensions.

For a guy like Adams whose value is so closely tied (IMO) to playing with Rodgers, trying to figure out what you think that percentage is of staying is huge. But if you value him like he's 100% staying, you are almost by definition overvaluing him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny we're talking about Adams and just saw this trade go down in one of my leagues...

14 team PPR (1.5 for TE)  1/2/3/1, 3 flex

Team A: Alshon Jeffery, L. Blount, Zach Miller

Team B: Davante Adams, 2.13, 3.13

For a guy like Adams whose value is so closely tied (IMO) to playing with Rodgers, trying to figure out what you think that percentage is of staying is huge. But if you value him like he's 100% staying, you are almost by definition overvaluing him. 
Yeah obviously you can never be 100% sure about anything in fantasy football, and I think we all play what we perceive to be the percentages. My perception of Adams is that he's a young, talented, improving player. If he continues to play well by doing what he did last year(or improving on that) i think it's extremely unlikely the Packers let him go. 

Wow Landry is a PPR machine but hard to pass 1.02 for him.  If I knew he was going to stay in MIA with that volume I might take him but this might be his ceiling price and I'll exit the space for that.

FFPC

Team A gets: DJ

Team B gets: AJG and Devonta Freeman 
That's a blockbuster, working on similar type deal now that is completely different parts but yet similar.

I'd take Green and Freeman but it's close and the kind of trade that can make sense for either side depending on the rosters.

Landrys not good enough to be worth that.....and I like Landry. 1.02 easily.
I like landry as well. He would be my wr 3/4 in that league assuming dez was healthy. My Rb are super thin in that league. Ingram, Crow, Hill, Perkins is really it. Hoping one of these two Rbs will give me a weekly set and forget starter

Zealots Field - minor IDP move

Traded 2017 5.09 and 6.09 for Kony Ealy DE NEP and Melvin Ingram LB LAR.

Fish said:
FFPC

Gave:  Spencer Ware

Got:     2.09 + 2018 2nd

Roster consolidation move.
That is a solid haul for Ware. I think it is a strong possibility the Chiefs take a RB early in the draft and Ware's value takes a nose dive. 

Fish said:
FFPC

Gave:  Spencer Ware

Got:     2.09 + 2018 2nd

Roster consolidation move.
After the Chiefs take a RB high in the draft you'll be lucky if you can get the owner of the new Chiefs starting RB to give you a second for his possible handcuff. So picks, and easy.

Fish said:
FFPC (TE @ 1.5)

Ladarius Green

If I had space I'd pay that for Ladarius but if had a team I had no room I'd take it for him so seems even.

Fish said:
FFPC

Team A :  Devante Parker + 1.08

Team B :  Mark Ingram + Tyler Lockett + 1.10
Got to call this one even on the surface. If team getting Ingram had RB need next season and room for extra player better deal for them but all in all even return.

It might feel that way but if you look at the ADP polls in this forum and the monthly DLF ADP you'll see its about right.  
Sure, but those are numbers on a page. You still have to find a willing trade partner to accept the offer. In dynasty leagues where I need a young QB, I can't get Luck for anywhere near that price. In leagues where I own Luck, I would not trade him for that. The leagues I am in are all start 1 QB leagues.

Others in here have said they would move Luck for that or less, but that hasn't been my experience.

Sure, but those are numbers on a page. You still have to find a willing trade partner to accept the offer. In dynasty leagues where I need a young QB, I can't get Luck for anywhere near that price. In leagues where I own Luck, I would not trade him for that. The leagues I am in are all start 1 QB leagues.

Others in here have said they would move Luck for that or less, but that hasn't been my experience.
It probably depends on alternatives.  If I had Luck and WInston for example I think it'd be easy to move Luck for that.  If the other guy has Luck and Dak he might be willing to as well (were he a believer in Dak - I'm not).

14 team PPR devy league. Start 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR. 

Gave:

Diggs, McCaffrey

Got:

AJG

I love both Diggs and McCaffrey so this felt a little heavy but just couldn't resist getting Green. It was kind of a "last piece of the puzzle" move for a competitive roster so I was willing overpay a bit to get it done. I think Green ages really well but it still stings giving up a 23 and 21 year old for a 28-29 year old.

Users who are viewing this thread