What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Ummm.  WTF.  1.04 by far alone.  getting 2.04 on top should be illegal.
You've got rookie fever.  Anderson vs Dalvin Cook isn't nearly as lopsided as you think it is, and who knows if Mixon is anything more than a rbbc guy.  I like the pick over Anderson just because of age but now that Cj survived the draft I'm pretty well convinced he's their starter until he isn't. And while those guys are younger they are both wired to a hair trigger.  And 2.4 for snead?   Who's that guy at 2.4 you like better than the number two for Brees? I get that the market is exuberant about these rookies right now and the guy buying could probably have squeezed out more but by October I wouldn't be surprised if people thought the other side looked a lot better.

Was worried I gave up too much.  I have Bell, Zeke, McCoy, Duke Johnson, Bernard, CJ Anderson, Prosise at RB.  Stacked at WR and have picks 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 - So likely adding Fournette, McCaffrey and Corey Davis to the stable.
It would be hard to turn down Mixon at 1.3.  Personally I would take Fournette, Corey Davis, and Mixon.

I have 1.5 as well.  I think the 1.4 will go Mike Williams or Cook.
How in the hell did you get 4 of the top 5 picks?  You must have traded all significant pieces from your team, or it doesn't say much for your league mates.

Last edited by a moderator:
How in the hell did you get 4 of the top 5 picks?  You must have traded all significant pieces from your team.
I targeted teams 1.5 years out that would be bad, swapped my first, and WR 3 type guys.  One team was 0-13 this year, won 3 straight in the Toilet Bowl and won me the 1.1

I have 2 firsts next year.  I'm in good shape. My WR's are ridiculous.  I've only won 4 titles in 13 years with a roster I'm very proud of.

I targeted teams 1.5 years out that would be bad, swapped my first, and WR 3 type guys.  One team was 0-13 this year, won 3 straight in the Toilet Bowl and won me the 1.1

I have 2 firsts next year.  I'm in good shape. My WR's are ridiculous.  I've only won 4 titles in 13 years with a roster I'm very proud of.
Ok, then that satisfies the last part of my statement ("it doesn't say much for your league mates").

Ok, then that satisfies the last part of my statement ("it doesn't say much for your league mates").
I've built such depth I can swing a lot of 3 for 1 trades where it helps these other teams that don't have much.  Also own pick 2.1 and 2.5 (13 and 17 overall) Think I should send both for like 7 or 8 overall? I could use Howard.

Yes, it really is.
Cook slid in the draft after initially being considered an early first round pick. Part of that was that he had a really bad combine.  Part of that was his numerous character concerns.  Both should be concerning to fantasy owners.  He's never actually played in the nfl, and there are not only valid concerns about his nfl ability that caused him to fall out of the first, there are questions about his role. Remember the Vikings also added one of the top free agent rbs. Ask a Derrick Henry owner if that can ever backfire. I know, it's only lat Murray, but they didn't bring him in for a haircut.  He also drafted to a bad offensive team, with a line that couldn't open holes for Adrian Peterson,a quarterback who doesn't strike fear in anyone, and receivers that don't keep defenses away from the line of scrimmage  If he plays at an elite level, and keeps his nose clean yeah, he's way more valuable than cj Anderson.  But that's not a foregone conclusion at all.  

Maybe you prefer Mixon, and if he were even in Minnesota, I probably would too.  But Mixon went to a place where they had no problem making Jeremy hill - also a second round pick amounted the next great thing - a mediocre fantasy player. Then there's his character concerns, which can still bother him even if he never does anything wrong again, because he's going to hear about it every time there's a news article about him.  It must be fun to read things like Mixon, you know, the guy that punched that girl, fumbled today. Then go to the locker room and hear your teammate answering questions about hey is Mixon punching any women.  And when he goes to the stadium and hears the fans booing him and protesting him.  And whether you think any of that matters is irrelevant, because what really matters is how Lewis responds.  They were willing to draft him, but are they going to push aside their other two guys right away to make him the center piece of the offense?  Maybe.  But rookie fever has everyone thinking these guys are can't miss prospects.  

Meanwhile, Anderson has been a low end rb1 whenever he's played, and if he's the starting running back this year, he's probably going to stay the starter until he can't.  Which may not mean much to you, but I would bet good money that Andersons adp rises rapidly as we approach the season. 

Again, I'd take a shot on the rookies, too, as i said.  But while they're younger and have nice upside, let's not act like there's 5 Ezekiel Elliotts in this draft. Either of those guys would be lucky to put up the kind of per game numbers Anderson has had when he's started.  The difference between them right now in dynasty start ups is measured in rounds, not picks, but as the season approaches, Anderson should rise, and once the season starts, the gap will probably shrink a little more.  

12 team PPR

Gave: P. Perkins

Got: 2018 1st ( team has 1.04 this year)

Same league

Gave: Enunwa

Got: 2.10

Cook slid in the draft after initially being considered an early first round pick. Part of that was that he had a really bad combine.  Part of that was his numerous character concerns.  Both should be concerning to fantasy owners.  He's never actually played in the nfl, and there are not only valid concerns about his nfl ability that caused him to fall out of the first, there are questions about his role. Remember the Vikings also added one of the top free agent rbs. Ask a Derrick Henry owner if that can ever backfire. I know, it's only lat Murray, but they didn't bring him in for a haircut.  He also drafted to a bad offensive team, with a line that couldn't open holes for Adrian Peterson,a quarterback who doesn't strike fear in anyone, and receivers that don't keep defenses away from the line of scrimmage  If he plays at an elite level, and keeps his nose clean yeah, he's way more valuable than cj Anderson.  But that's not a foregone conclusion at all.  
Slid in draft: Yet Cook was the 3rd RB drafted behind two top 10 picks. He profiled as a first or second round pick, which is exactly where he was taken, and the Vikings traded up 7 spots to get him.

Vikings added Murray: Murray's deal just became a 1 year contract. They will presumably open in a time share, which will allow Cook time to adjust. If Cook plays well, Murray will not be an obstacle IMO, and Cook will surpass him well before the end of the season.

Bad OL: Team has upgraded all 3 OL spots that were below average last season with 2 free agent OTs, and last year's Rimington award winner at C.

Bad offense: Cook (and Murray) and the OL upgrades will help with that.

Bad combine results: He ran 4.49 and led all RBs in bench press. IMO this issue has been overstated. His physical talent didn't hold him back in college against major competition; he carried the second highest draft grade among RBs. IMO he is a good example of a player who plays faster in pads than his 40 time might suggest.

Off field issues: This is a valid concern, although most of his issues are pretty far in the past. There is no way to accurately forecast one way or another to what extent, if any, this will be a problem for him. One must assume the Vikings did their homework and feel good about it.

IMO there is no question that Cook > Anderson.

Slid in draft: Yet Cook was the 3rd RB drafted behind two top 10 picks. He profiled as a first or second round pick, which is exactly where he was taken, and the Vikings traded up 7 spots to get him.

Vikings added Murray: Murray's deal just became a 1 year contract. They will presumably open in a time share, which will allow Cook time to adjust. If Cook plays well, Murray will not be an obstacle IMO, and Cook will surpass him well before the end of the season.

Bad OL: Team has upgraded all 3 OL spots that were below average last season with 2 free agent OTs, and last year's Rimington award winner at C.

Bad offense: Cook (and Murray) and the OL upgrades will help with that.

Bad combine results: He ran 4.49 and led all RBs in bench press. IMO this issue has been overstated. His physical talent didn't hold him back in college against major competition; he carried the second highest draft grade among RBs. IMO he is a good example of a player who plays faster in pads than his 40 time might suggest.

Off field issues: This is a valid concern, although most of his issues are pretty far in the past. There is no way to accurately forecast one way or another to what extent, if any, this will be a problem for him. One must assume the Vikings did their homework and feel good about it.

IMO there is no question that Cook > Anderson.
I forgot how valuable bench press is for RB position. 

BTW - Cook didn't lead all RBs in that category, you're confusing him with Perrine. He was tied for 5th.

I forgot how valuable bench press is for RB position. 

BTW - Cook didn't lead all RBs in that category, you're confusing him with Perrine. He was tied for 5th.
OK, I misinterpreted what was on the NFL draft profile page, where that was highlighted. Doesn't really matter to my position, since, as you say, it isn't important.

12 teams PPR Q-RR-WWW-TE-Flex-K-D

Moncrief, Lockett, 3.11 and 2018 first(late)

for

AR15, Powell and Forte

14 team PPR with slightly QB heavy scoring.

Gave: Julio

Got: Wentz, Treadwell, 1.01 rookie pick, 1.09 rookie pick

This is a dev league, so a lot of the top rookies are gone (Fournette, JuJu, Cook, Freeman, Perine, C Davis, M Williams, McCaffrey, Howard, and others all taken).
After the draft this is now:

Julio

for

Wentz, Treadwell, Mixon (1.01), Hunt (1.09)

I feel okay with that. Always tough to give up an established star like Julio, but I feel good about Mixon and I have some other "outs" to do okay here.

Julio

for

I feel okay with that. Always tough to give up an established star like Julio, but I feel good about Mixon and I have some other "outs" to do okay here.
Rather have Julio

Understandable. You shouldn't trade a core player to improve depth and/or to fill a starting spot at a position of secondary importance (i.e. QB or TE).

From the start, the deal was made to get Mixon. The outcome will largely hinge on him. If he becomes a Zeke/Forte/Bell level producer, it's probably a win. If not, it's probably a loss, unless Julio gets hurt or falls off. There's a slim, but non-zero possibility of one of the other pieces becoming a star.

Julio should be really good for several more years, but if you're looking to retool your roster then your window for trading him at top value is going to close pretty soon.

Julio

for

I'm very high on Mixon so value him fairly equal to Julio.  Not a huge fan of the other parts but they are free lottery tickets based on my high value on Mixon.

12 team PPR TE premium QRRWWTFFDK

Team A gave Julius Thomas, 2.11

Team B gave Jared Cook, Allen Hurns

In the midst of offseason cutdown to 16, including K and D. Plenty of good FA available in rookie/FA draft.

Meanwhile, Anderson has been a low end rb1 whenever he's played, and if he's the starting running back this year, he's probably going to stay the starter until he can't.  Which may not mean much to you, but I would bet good money that Andersons adp rises rapidly as we approach the season. 

Again, I'd take a shot on the rookies, too, as i said.  But while they're younger and have nice upside, let's not act like there's 5 Ezekiel Elliotts in this draft. Either of those guys would be lucky to put up the kind of per game numbers Anderson has had when he's started.  The difference between them right now in dynasty start ups is measured in rounds, not picks, but as the season approaches, Anderson should rise, and once the season starts, the gap will probably shrink a little more.  
I think it is interesting when anyone points to CJ Anderson as a #1 back. Do you know how many 1000 yard rushing seasons that CJ has in his four year career? That would be none. You know how many 100 yard games CJ has? That would be five. I think that there is a very real possibility that CJ Anderson is just not very good. I think that there is a very real possiblity that Booker beats him out. 

I would take Cook all day and twice on Sunday over CJ Anderson. I think Cook has a real chance to be a very, very good back in this league. I think CJ Anderson has had two big games in 2014 and people are still remembering those and imaging that is a sign of things to come. It isn't.

Couple of deals involving Martavis Bryant

12tm NON ppr idp

Gave Tyreek Hill

Got M.Bryant

12tm idp ppr 

Gave M.Bryant, 2018 1st (late)

Got Watkins, 6.07

Couple of deals involving Martavis Bryant

12tm NON ppr idp

Gave Tyreek Hill

Got M.Bryant

12tm idp ppr 

Gave M.Bryant, 2018 1st (late)

Got Watkins, 6.07
I'll take Bryant in the non-ppr.  In the other one that seems pretty cheap for Watkins.

16 team IDP PPR, 6 pts TD pass (-2 INT)

I gave up Palmer, CJ Anderson and Duke Johnson

for

Tom Brady

It was a lot to pay for a 40 year old QB but trying to win the championship after losing 197-196 in the championship game last year.  
Not really sure that is a lot to give up for a top QB in a 16 team league.  All those guys are MAYBE bye week fillers at best.

Was worried I gave up too much.  I have Bell, Zeke, McCoy,Melvin Gordon, Duke Johnson, Bernard, CJ Anderson, Prosise at RB.  Stacked at WR and have picks 1.1, 1.2 and 1.3 - So likely adding Fournette, McCaffrey and Corey Davis to the stable.
You gave up junk for a possible high future 1st. 

I've built such depth I can swing a lot of 3 for 1 trades where it helps these other teams that don't have much.  Also own pick 2.1 and 2.5 (13 and 17 overall) Think I should send both for like 7 or 8 overall? I could use Howard.
3 for 1s?  As the other poster said, doesnt say much for your league mates.  Clearly those deals are not helping them.

12 tm PPR, extra .25 per RB carry so RBs carry a bit extra weight in this league (200 carries = an extra 50 pts) - I had garbage at RB (Gio, Duke J, Yeldon) or guys not ready yet (D.Henry) and must start 2, but had nice WRs (Nuk, Cooks, M.Thomas, Watkins, Ty. Williams)...I earned the 1.02 pick this year.   I made the following deal:

Give: Nuk, 2018 1st (I'm hoping its no worse than mid round range), 2018 2nd (not mine, also should be mid round)

Got: Gurley, 1.04, 2.02, DGB

Roster now:

Winston

Gurley, D.Henry, Duke J, Gio

Cooks, M.Thomas, Watkins, Ty. Williams, Sharpe

Kelce

1.02, 1.04, 1.11, 2.02

I plan on taking either LF or CMC at 2...at 4, I think I will get Davis b/c given how RBs are valued in this league, I suspect Cook or Mixon will go 3rd...

I also have an offer where I give M.Thomas and one of my draft picks (1.11 or 2.02, still haggling) for A.Brown..

12 tm PPR, extra .25 per RB carry so RBs carry a bit extra weight in this league (200 carries = an extra 50 pts) - I had garbage at RB (Gio, Duke J, Yeldon) or guys not ready yet (D.Henry) and must start 2, but had nice WRs (Nuk, Cooks, M.Thomas, Watkins, Ty. Williams)...I earned the 1.02 pick this year.   I made the following deal:

Give: Nuk, 2018 1st (I'm hoping its no worse than mid round range), 2018 2nd (not mine, also should be mid round)

Roster now:

Winston

Gurley, D.Henry, Duke J, Gio

Cooks, M.Thomas, Watkins, Ty. Williams, Sharpe

Kelce

1.02, 1.04, 1.11, 2.02

I plan on taking either LF or CMC at 2...at 4, I think I will get Davis b/c given how RBs are valued in this league, I suspect Cook or Mixon will go 3rd...

I also have an offer where I give M.Thomas and one of my draft picks (1.11 or 2.02, still haggling) for A.Brown..
Looks pretty even to me. I like Hopkins most in the deal but 1.4 will land a top prospect.  If your 1st is late next year then it's a slam dunk for you.

That's an awful trade for that guy.  .25 per carry = 5 points per game with 20 carries.  Gurley >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hopkins in that scoring, and I love me some Hopkins.  The 1.04 was free in this trade, and that's just nutty.

You gave up junk for a possible high future 1st. 
I originally traded 1.5 FOR Peterson and then he got hurt. (Owner took Michael Thomas 1.5)  Once he signed with a team, i sold high for a 2018 1st - likely 1.5.  I got nothing out of Peterson but at least get my return of investment back.

Zealots Field - PPR

Gave 1.09/201

Got 1.05

Post-draft, I just don't like the 1.09/2.01 as much as I do the top 6 players.  Now gives me 1.01/1.03/1.05/1.06.  Listing them to point out I've made multiple trades to get up here because I feel that strongly about this top 6.

Zealots Field - PPR

Gave 1.09/201

Got 1.05

Post-draft, I just don't like the 1.09/2.01 as much as I do the top 6 players.  Now gives me 1.01/1.03/1.05/1.06.  Listing them to point out I've made multiple trades to get up here because I feel that strongly about this top 6.
Love the trade.  Apparently having so many picks this year means everyone in your league isn't the smartest.  I love this class.  Rank your top 6 out of curiosity.  I'm in a PPR and own 1,2,3,5 overall and am leaning - Fournette, Davis, McCaffrey, Williams, Mixon, Howard in that order.  Not high on Cook, and rather have Howard based on my roster than Ross. 

Love the trade.  Apparently having so many picks this year means everyone in your league isn't the smartest.  I love this class.  Rank your top 6 out of curiosity.  I'm in a PPR and own 1,2,3,5 overall and am leaning - Fournette, Davis, McCaffrey, Williams, Mixon, Howard in that order.  Not high on Cook, and rather have Howard based on my roster than Ross. 
I know some of the guys in the league are in FBGs so I don't want to put it out there until after we draft; or, at least, until the 1.06 pick.

Zealots Field - PPR

Gave 1.09/201

Got 1.05

This is a good deal for you if you need specific positions.  1.09 and 2.01 is nice if you are just building talent but at that point you might see 5 or 6 RB off the board and 2-3 WR.  1.09 is great if you want the top TE or taking those two picks are fine if you want more of a backup RB with future starting potential.  In my zealots you usually get a couple QB sprinkled into round 1 but I think this may be the year they all slide into mid round 2 at the earliest.

PPR Start 1 QB/2RB/3WR/2 Flex/1TE/1DST

Team A Traded: L. McCoy, Travis Kelce, 3.10

Team B Traded: Mike Williams (LAC), Greg Olsen, 2018 2nd Round Pick, 3.06

Gave Derrick Henry

Got Joe Mixon

(trade was really Henry for 1.02 in a draft with devy players taken out - Howard/Mixon were the top choices. I had 1.01, and was somewhat leaning Howard, as it's a TE premium league. Making this trade made it so I didn't have to choose - took them both). 

Gave Derrick Henry

Got Joe Mixon

(trade was really Henry for 1.02 in a draft with devy players taken out - Howard/Mixon were the top choices. I had 1.01, and was somewhat leaning Howard, as it's a TE premium league. Making this trade made it so I didn't have to choose - took them both). 
Mixon 

Henry by a healthy amount.  Henry has similar upside, a more direct path to starter workload, and doesn't have the off field concerns.  Mixon has a little more ppr upside, but Henry can catch the ball too and had one of the best receptions of 2016.  

Henry by a healthy amount.  Henry has similar upside, a more direct path to starter workload, and doesn't have the off field concerns.  Mixon has a little more ppr upside, but Henry can catch the ball too and had one of the best receptions of 2016.  
I agree, I'd go Henry myself.  Murray is getting up there in age and not durable.  They used Henry last year and I think it only gets better. I'll take the safer player with a higher floor.

Users who are viewing this thread