What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

All I can say is I own Watkins nowhere but I'd gladly pay 1.6 for him. 
Time to make offers then. I'm on the "he's great in theory" side but worry about a speed/agility wr with a seemingly chronic foot problem. Buy low and get him out of buffalo and maybe he lives up to the billing, but I'm not looking at him as a top 10 dynasty asset or someone I'm comfortable building a team around. 

This beaut just went down in a 12 team start 2qb IDP league standard scoring

Team A traded: 

C Hackenberg

A Jeffery

S Lawson

2018 1st(Top 6 most likely)

Team b traded:

E Lacy, T Rawls & T Pope

2018 2nd rounder

2018 3rd rounder
Collusion 

I respectfully disagree.  His value has definitely hit a roadblock and that is mostly, but not limited to, his inability to get healthy.  His foot is a major concern going forward.  
Yes in terms of many people's willingness to pay I agree. What I'm saying though is that most of his owners aren't viewing him through that same lens.

Yes in terms of many people's willingness to pay I agree. What I'm saying though is that most of his owners aren't viewing him through that same lens.
Then a replacement for the the rose colored lens should be considered.  Frankly I don't see how anyone can't see what's happening with Sammy Watkins, but I really hope that he gets healthy.  The NFL needs Sammy Watkins playing at a high level.

Team A traded: 

C Hackenberg

A Jeffery

S Lawson

Team b traded:

E Lacy, T Rawls & T Pope

2018 2nd rounder

2018 3rd rounder
I'm going to be the contrarian here and defend this trade.  

I'm going to make one assumption because I'm not an idp guy but it seems like Lawson is a warm body. 

2018 3rd for Shaq Lawson and Hackenberg . Depending on the scoring system, number of idps, and roster sizes, of course, but Hackenberg is trash. He's one of those guys you're kind of forced to waste a roster spot on in 2qb, but even if he ever gets a chance to start, he's going to suck.  And Lawson is a replacement level guy in a lot of leagues.  He's not someone you're excited about.  

1.1 for 1.3 and a 2018 second.  I'll take 1.1, but I can see taking 1.3 and the second in 2qb/IDP.  I think tier one is 3 deep, and reasonable people seem to prefer any of the 3, and second round picks are much more valuable in this format.  

What that leaves is Alshon and a 2018 first for the three Seattle backs and 2.3.  

Now, I get people saying that's way out of line, but is it?  2.3 is a quality player this year - it was John Ross in the draft I just did, or it could be Marlon Mack, D'onta Foreman, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt - somebody with s very real chance to be a starting running back this year.   

I know a lot of dynasty guys are still in love with Alshon's past production but in a standard league, he really isn't untouchable.  He's almost untradable, because you won't get an elite player for him. There are so many good non ppr receivers out there. Would I trade him for rawls, lacy and pope straight up? Yeah, I'd seriously consider it.  Lacy might be the next Marshawn lynch.  He's certainly got the size Carroll likes. If he is good, then you also have Rawls.  Trading an injury prone receiver who had to sign a one year deal to play on a new team with a second year qb for a starting backfield is actually pretty reasonable. 

Which running backs could I reasonably get for Jeffrey and a 2018 first in a standard league?   Maybe something in the Lamar miller or Jordan Howard range?  You're not getting Gurley or any of the top rookies. Maybe he just really likes the Seattle run game.  

I get that it's light.  But it's not that unreasonable. The guy probably just added 3 good, immediate starters with 1.3, 2.3 and the Seattle backs and it cost him a receiver, a pick, and a slight downgrade from 1.1 to 1.3. This guy wins easily if the Seattle backs pan out and Alshon doesn't

I agree, his owners aren't selling low. They are overlooking the bad implications of 5th year option news and the injury concerns and salivating at the thought of him getting out of Buffalo. It wasn't that many posts ago someone was basically saying "imagine him as a Pat!" (because they didn't just trade a 1st & 3rd for Cooks you know.) I offered the 1.01 for him prior to the draft and was shot down pretty easily. Owner said Watkins was worth way more than the 1.01. I wouldn't offer that now but I bet that owner thinks Watkins is worth even more now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zealots Field ppr

Traded 1.05 and 4.09 for 1.04.

I just think that even within the top 6, there is a tier break after the top 4.

Team A traded: 

C Hackenberg

A Jeffery

S Lawson

Team b traded:

E Lacy, T Rawls & T Pope

2018 2nd rounder

2018 3rd rounder

I'm going to be the contrarian here and defend this trade.  

I'm going to make one assumption because I'm not an idp guy but it seems like Lawson is a warm body. 

2018 3rd for Shaq Lawson and Hackenberg . Depending on the scoring system, number of idps, and roster sizes, of course, but Hackenberg is trash. He's one of those guys you're kind of forced to waste a roster spot on in 2qb, but even if he ever gets a chance to start, he's going to suck.  And Lawson is a replacement level guy in a lot of leagues.  He's not someone you're excited about.  

1.1 for 1.3 and a 2018 second.  I'll take 1.1, but I can see taking 1.3 and the second in 2qb/IDP.  I think tier one is 3 deep, and reasonable people seem to prefer any of the 3, and second round picks are much more valuable in this format.  

What that leaves is Alshon and a 2018 first for the three Seattle backs and 2.3.  

Now, I get people saying that's way out of line, but is it?  2.3 is a quality player this year - it was John Ross in the draft I just did, or it could be Marlon Mack, D'onta Foreman, Alvin Kamara, Kareem Hunt - somebody with s very real chance to be a starting running back this year.   

I know a lot of dynasty guys are still in love with Alshon's past production but in a standard league, he really isn't untouchable.  He's almost untradable, because you won't get an elite player for him. There are so many good non ppr receivers out there. Would I trade him for rawls, lacy and pope straight up? Yeah, I'd seriously consider it.  Lacy might be the next Marshawn lynch.  He's certainly got the size Carroll likes. If he is good, then you also have Rawls.  Trading an injury prone receiver who had to sign a one year deal to play on a new team with a second year qb for a starting backfield is actually pretty reasonable. 

Which running backs could I reasonably get for Jeffrey and a 2018 first in a standard league?   Maybe something in the Lamar miller or Jordan Howard range?  You're not getting Gurley or any of the top rookies. Maybe he just really likes the Seattle run game.  

I get that it's light.  But it's not that unreasonable. The guy probably just added 3 good, immediate starters with 1.3, 2.3 and the Seattle backs and it cost him a receiver, a pick, and a slight downgrade from 1.1 to 1.3. This guy wins easily if the Seattle backs pan out and Alshon doesn't
You might be defending the indefensible.  Team A is giving away the top 3 assets in the deal, in the 1.1, Alshon and the 2018 1st(Top 6 most likely).  You might argue that the 1.3 is the equivalent of Alshon or the 2018 pick but I would not.  A top-6 pick in 2018 draft in a 2QB league is really big as you have 3 no-doubt top QBs at the top of the draft in Darnold, Rosen and Allen (plus a few other QB's that I'd take over any in this draft)...add to that Barkley, Guice and Sutton at the top of the draft and even the #6 is going to be a stud compared to 1.3.

You get back the 1.3, 2.3, the Seattle backfield (who you going to start?  I actually like Prosise better than Fat Eddy or Rawls) and a bunch of dart throws...  

Zealots Field ppr

Traded 1.05 and 4.09 for 1.04.

I just think that even within the top 6, there is a tier break after the top 4.
Terrible value for the 1.04, even if I didn't have a clear favorite or loved Cook for instance, I'd have kept it for this price.

Terrible value for the 1.04, even if I didn't have a clear favorite or loved Cook for instance, I'd have kept it for this price.
I had actually offered him Ted Ginn and the 1.05 for the 1.04 (he's very deficient at WR) and he countered with the 1.05/4.09 for the 1.04.

I had actually offered him Ted Ginn and the 1.05 for the 1.04 (he's very deficient at WR) and he countered with the 1.05/4.09 for the 1.04.
What kind of WR is he going to get at 4.09???  He'd be much better off keeping the 1.04 and making sure he gets Williams. 

Went down today, I suppose there must be some embedded Tier value in here, being happy with whoever "falls" to 1.05.

1.01, 1.10

for

1.05, Sterling Shepherd

Team trading away 1.01 also has 1.06 and 1.08 if that matters.

Went down today, I suppose there must be some embedded Tier value in here, being happy with whoever "falls" to 1.05.

1.01, 1.10

for

1.05, Sterling Shepherd

I don't get this trade.  Shepard has lost just about all value with the additions of Brandon Marshall and Evan Engram.  He is not worth close to the 1.10 now so you are losing on both ends of this trade.  smh

1.01, 1.10

for

1.05, Sterling Shepherd

yikes make my trade of 1.4 plus Shepard for 1.2 look awful, how I wish I could score a deal like this one

1.01, 1.10

for

1.05, Sterling Shepherd

It does.  It makes it even worse for him.  The player he takes at 5 might have been there at 6.  The player he would have taken at 6 might have been there at 8.  So he could have drafted at 6 and 8 and gotten the same 2 guys we will now get at 5 and 6.  Very possible, but now impossible. 

That, and he just got poor value on the deal anyway.

Team A gets 1.01

Team B gets 1.06, 1.07, 2.01
When is the draft?  If the draft is soon (like in FFPC), I probably go with the 6/7/13 side.

If the draft is towards the end of preseason, harder to say, but still probably B side. 

In one league where I own pick 2, I would rather easily take 6/7/13 in any and all scenarios, and to me pick 1 isn't THAT much more valuable right now.

$400 Salary cap ppr dynasty league, start 1QB/1RB/2WR/2FLEX/1TE/1K:

Cobras get:

Watkins $66 and Kendal Wright $6

Uranus Terror get:

McCoy $70 and Pitta $3

who wins?

$400 Salary cap ppr dynasty league, start 1QB/1RB/2WR/2FLEX/1TE/1K:

Cobras get:

Watkins $66 and Kendal Wright $6

Uranus Terror get:

McCoy $70 and Pitta $3

who wins?
I will take McCoy.  Watkins hasn't sold me yet that he can be a WR1 so if I am spending that cash I'll take the RB.

Two different 12 team non-ppr Zealots leagues had rookie draft pick trades happen today. Both league drafts happen this weekend. 

League One

Team A gave up: 1.01

Team B gave up: 1.04, 1.10

Light for 1.01 imo

League Two

Team A gave up: 1.02

Team B gave up: 1.06 and 2.06

Again it seems light for the higher draft pick. 

Two different 12 team non-ppr Zealots leagues had rookie draft pick trades happen today. Both league drafts happen this weekend. 

League One

Light for 1.01 imo

League Two

The first is about right according to the charts.

The second is light by quite a bit.

League One

Light for 1.01 imo

League Two

This year I would happily move back from 1.01 to 1.04 for 1.10 if I thought Mixon would make it in that format (I don't play non-PPR or QB-crazy leagues). In most years 1.10 wouldn't be enough.

The second trade is bad value for the tier dropoff.

League One

Light for 1.01 imo

League Two

Both light, but that second trade is very very light.

I wasn't able to get from 1.6 to 1.5 with the 2.3.

10 Team Superflex PPR

We can only keep one FA each year, the rest go into the rookie draft.

Gave: 3.02

Received: FA spot from another team. So I get to keep two players and they can't keep any. I will be keeping Tyreek Hill and Ty Montgomery.

Not involved but it almost makes me want to quit the league...

Team 1 gave up 

Wilson, Russell SEA

Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick 

Team 2 gave up

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.01

This year I would happily move back from 1.01 to 1.04 for 1.10 if I thought Mixon would make it in that format (I don't play non-PPR or QB-crazy leagues). In most years 1.10 wouldn't be enough.

The second trade is bad value for the tier dropoff.
First two picks have been Fournette and McCaffrey. So, Mixon should be there at 1.04.

Not involved but it almost makes me want to quit the league...

Team 1 gave up 

Wilson, Russell SEA

Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick 

Team 2 gave up

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.01
You've been quite vocal about how absurd QB prices are in Zealots leagues, so not sure why you would be up in arms about this one.  Or do you think it's too cheap for Russ given the context?

First two picks have been Fournette and McCaffrey. So, Mixon should be there at 1.04.
Possibly, but given the format I wasn't sure if Davis would be so valued, or nearly as good a consolation prize.  Nor would Cook or Williams, the common fallbacks.  There's a solid chance this is the "donkey pick" of the draft, the first pick after a huge tier dropoff.  Who do you think will go 1.03?

You've been quite vocal about how absurd QB prices are in Zealots leagues, so not sure why you would be up in arms about this one.  Or do you think it's too cheap for Russ given the context?
No. People were saying that 2nds were too much in Zealots. The 1.01 is not in that context. But you make a good point. Perhaps it's not quite as bad as i thought. It was just shocking to me as I wouldn't think Wilson was worth that.

The bit about my quitting is a bit of hyperbole on my part. I guess I was just jealous.

16-team PPR. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, and 2 Flex

Traded: Kenny Britt, 2019 2nd

Received: 2018 1st 

My WRs were Odell, Amari Cooper, T.Y. Hilton, Corey Coleman, Breshad Perriman, Mike Wallace, Robert Woods, and then scraps. I liked having the Coleman/Britt WR duo, but with my WR depth this was easier for me to decide. The 2018 1st should be somewhere around 5-9.

Users who are viewing this thread

• -OZ-