What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (28 Viewers)

I hear you and respect all opinions.  I could see an even swap, but surprised someone had to also trade the 2.6 for the 3.12.  Regardless of how you view the 3.12, there is a huge difference in those picks. 

For whatever its worth, the FBG overall dynasty rankings have Moncreif 35 and Crowell 56.  5 out of the 6 guys on that panel have Moncreif higher than Crowell. 
Trying to look at overall dynasty rankings of any site, vs. trade value in an established league, is playing with fire. Once rosters are set, it's incredibly difficult to purchase a strong running back in most leagues, especially from teams who prefer to compete annually.

Not going to sit here and knock the guys doing those rankings either, but I certainly wouldn't be paying the value of 35 overall to acquire Moncrief, and I drafted him in the majority of my leagues during the rookie draft in the latter part of the 1st round. 

I agree.  I prefer Crowell to Moncrief straight up.  I understand the allure of Moncrief's upside and bought a share in a recent startup just on the dart throw that it works out (coincidentally when Crowell, who I was targeting, went the pick before).

Crowell seems pretty underrated to me.  He's a young talented player who fell out of the draft because of off the field issues that he seems to have corrected since entering the NFL.  He was like a baby Joe Mixon in that sense, yet people seem to be forgetting the talent he has that people were salivating over when he came out, which seems to have translated to the field pretty well.

16 Team 1PPR

Team A receives: 2018 1st, 2017 3.08

Team B receives: Jimmy Graham, 2018 3rd, Jaelen Strong 

Not sure where the 2018 picks will fall, but the starting lineups are looking like:

Team A's lineup now: Luck, Mixon/Kamara, Hilton/Watkins/Diggs/MWilliams, Ebron, 2018 1/1/1/2/2/3

Team B's lineup now: Tyrod, Ingram/Bilal/Gio, Coleman/JRoss/Lee, Graham, 2018 2/3/3
Terrible trade for b. Oh wait, he also got Jalen strong? What is he, wr4? I mean on his own team....strong/graham for top 5 1st. Recind the trade commish.....

10 team non PPR TD heavy (1 pt per 20 yards)

Oklahoma gave up Montgomery, Ty GBP RB and Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.05

and Tasmania gave up Lacy, Eddie SEA RB and Allen, Keenan LAC WR and Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.10

I'll take the side getting Hill.
I definitely see the upside there. But I'm a serial consolidator, I can't resist Baldwin's production. I think he's seriously undervalued in dynasty. Probably redraft as well, but I don't play that format any more. 

My roster after this deal (must start 1 RB)

Brady, Brees

Henry, Powell

Evans, Julio, Dez, Baldwin, Diggs

Gronk

12 team PPR

Team A receives: 1.10 (Hunt), 2018 2nd (late), Malcolm Mitchell, Blount

Team B receives: Derrick Henry

Hill over Baldwin alone. Ross close to Baldwin alone. Looks really bad to me. 
I imagine this is very far from consensus. I know Tyreek has some believers, but why in the world do you have Ross alone close to Baldwin? And this is coming from one of the owners who actually values him around that 1.07-1.08 range, not an owner whose been letting him fall too far. Me personally, I'll always consolidate into a WR1 with pieces like this when given the opportunity.  

Hill over Baldwin alone. Ross close to Baldwin alone. Looks really bad to me. 
I imagine this is very far from consensus. I know Tyreek has some believers, but why in the world do you have Ross alone close to Baldwin? And this is coming from one of the owners who actually values him around that 1.07-1.08 range, not an owner whose been letting him fall too far. Me personally, I'll always consolidate into a WR1 with pieces like this when given the opportunity.  
Because Ross is 7 years younger than Baldwin and was just taken with the 9th pick in the NFL draft.

Because Ross is 7 years younger than Baldwin and was just taken with the 9th pick in the NFL draft.
I'd accept that argument if Ross was a prototypical WR1 prospect with a top-10 ceiling. And I think despite the fact that he's not that guy, he's being undervalued by most. But in this case, I'll take the guy I expect to churn out a few more 250 point seasons, a height I don't expect Ross to reach. I like winning. If I was rebuilding, I could see the argument for the other side of the deal, which is why it worked. But I dont know any competitive Baldwin owners who would move him for just Ross or just Tyreek. 

I'd accept that argument if Ross was a prototypical WR1 prospect with a top-10 ceiling. And I think despite the fact that he's not that guy, he's being undervalued by most. But in this case, I'll take the guy I expect to churn out a few more 250 point seasons, a height I don't expect Ross to reach. I like winning. If I was rebuilding, I could see the argument for the other side of the deal, which is why it worked. But I dont know any competitive Baldwin owners who would move him for just Ross or just Tyreek. 
Not only did you get the best player, he is the only player that we know for sure will produce in the deal

I'll go the other way. I like the Hill/Ross side a lot more. I own both guys in a few leagues and I don't know if I'd move either straight up for Baldwin.

I don't think people realize the numbers Baldwin has been putting up. He's a consistent top 10 WR and gets no respect at all. I can understand preferring the other side, but when you start valuing the individual pieces more, just because of youth, you haven't been paying attention to what Baldwin has been doing and how his situation hasn't really changed at all.

14 team PPR

Gave:

Tyreek Hill, John Ross, Wayne Gallman

Got:

Doug Baldwin
Baldwin easily for me 
Baldwin has done really well and will probably be a wr1 or wr2 next year, but this is basically two firsts and a 3rd for Baldwin which seems reasonable if you like Ross and Hill. Could go either side really but my initial gut was hill / Ross - and I'm not big on Ross. 

I don't think I'd trade AJG for those three pieces straight up, let alone with Miller leaving as well.
In a 10 team league I'll agree.  Larger leagues and I'll take Mixon et al, if I'm building.

Eta - is that Lamar Miller or Lamar smith? 

Last edited by a moderator:
In a 10 team league I'll agree.  Larger leagues and I'll take Mixon et al, if I'm building.

Eta - is that Lamar Miller or Lamar smith? 
If it's Lamar Smith, somebody has been carrying him for a LONG time...he retired in 2003.

Either way, it doesn't change things much.  Even if I'm building, I feel like I could get more for AJG.  Maybe just not as high on Mixon and Coleman as many.

If it's Lamar Smith, somebody has been carrying him for a LONG time...he retired in 2003.

Either way, it doesn't change things much.  Even if I'm building, I feel like I could get more for AJG.  Maybe just not as high on Mixon and Coleman as many.
Mixon has gone 1.01 in some drafts, I doubt you're that high on him (he's probably my 1.03).  I actually like Coleman a fair bit too.  You might get more for green but that's not a lock with only 9 other teams, Gotta figure a few aren't looking to deal two young possible studs and others probably don't have players the green owner wants.  

In short I've always found it tough to get great value for "older" guys in small leagues. 

Eta: I didn't know if there's a Lamar smith in college (I haven't heard of one) and if the league were a developmental league. 

12 team PPR

Team A receives: 1.10 (Hunt), 2018 2nd (late), Malcolm Mitchell, Blount

Team B receives: Derrick Henry

Henry for me, and not close, but I imagine it might be close for anyone who is a big believer in Hunt.
I like hunt a fair bit, made sure to get him in a recent auction (but then took Reuben Foster over him in a rookie draft where I'm a pretty strong contender) but I'd still take Henry. 

Zealots Field league (PPR)

2 trades, only 1 involving me.

My trade:

Traded Doug Baldwin (WR, SEA and Jonathan Williams (RB, BUF)

Received Davante Adams (WR, GBP)

I just took over this team and it's a rebuild.  Might regret trading Williams (we would have been my 5th RB) but like the 5 year age difference between Adams and Baldwin.

Other trade:

Traded Michael Crabtree for 2018 1st round rookie pick

My trade:

I just took over this team and it's a rebuild.  Might regret trading Williams (we would have been my 5th RB) but like the 5 year age difference between Adams and Baldwin.

Other trade:

Both seem reasonable.  Assuming the 1st is late I'd take Crabs but if the other team is also rebuilding, it makes sense. 

I don't think people realize the numbers Baldwin has been putting up. He's a consistent top 10 WR and gets no respect at all. I can understand preferring the other side, but when you start valuing the individual pieces more, just because of youth, you haven't been paying attention to what Baldwin has been doing and how his situation hasn't really changed at all.
While I would not trade Baldwin for either piece straight up if contendting, I wouldn't exactly call him consistent.  He was exactly WR10  in 2016 (PPR) and even with his epic playoff run in 2015 he only finished WR16.  He was a spare part for 4 years prior to that.  Meanwhile Hill was WR9 in my return league, and WR17 in a .75 PPR league without return yards (I don't have a full PPR league without return yards).

I'd take Baldwin over either individual player as a contender, even in return yard leagues where I totally buy into Hill, because I do agree that his static environment has a lot of now value vs. Hill's upside/risk ratio.  I'd easily take the young guys over Baldwin in a rebuild.  It's a much tougher decision for me as it stands.  I prefer Baldwin over Hill straight up, but probably not by enough to offset the value of Ross.

While I would not trade Baldwin for either piece straight up if contendting, I wouldn't exactly call him consistent.  He was exactly WR10  in 2016 (PPR) and even with his epic playoff run in 2015 he only finished WR16.  He was a spare part for 4 years prior to that.  Meanwhile Hill was WR9 in my return league, and WR17 in a .75 PPR league without return yards (I don't have a full PPR league without return yards).

I'd take Baldwin over either individual player as a contender, even in return yard leagues where I totally buy into Hill, because I do agree that his static environment has a lot of now value vs. Hill's upside/risk ratio.  I'd easily take the young guys over Baldwin in a rebuild.  It's a much tougher decision for me as it stands.  I prefer Baldwin over Hill straight up, but probably not by enough to offset the value of Ross.
 I can surely see taking the whole package for Baldwin.

My trade:

Other trade:

Adams

Getting a 1st for Crabtree is theft. 

I would argue Baldwin's situation improved given that Wilson should be healthier this year, and Carroll has said they expect him to throw more. Baldwin easily for me

My trade:

Other trade:

I like Baldwin in 1st deal

2nd deal is even for me

I would argue Baldwin's situation improved given that Wilson should be healthier this year, and Carroll has said they expect him to throw more. Baldwin easily for me
Baldwin has been the top receiver for Wilson but with Graham seemingly back to full strength and the young guys it will be interesting to see if he keeps it up.  The skepticism keeps him below his real value, which usually makes players like him primary targets.  Yet I just can't shake my skepticism to make a trade offer along the value of hill and Ross for him. 

Ron_Mexico said:
12 teams standard scoring.

Brandin Cooks and Jordan Matthews

for

Allen Robinson and Zay Jones
Arob for me. Bortles will either figure his #### out or they will move on. I watched a lot of Arob last year and he looked like a chef trying to turn a #### sandwich into a gourmet meal. Zay is a wild card.

I can very easily see a scenario where Cooks and Matthews are both WR3s or worse this coming year and beyond. Matthews is dinged already and fighting to be the 3rd target on the team, Cooks is fighting to be the 2nd target at best. I'm afraid Cooks is going to be that guy who scores 8 points or scores 40. He will be a very good football player and a very good best ball player, predicting his startable weeks may be difficult.

Arob for me. Bortles will either figure his #### out or they will move on. I watched a lot of Arob last year and he looked like a chef trying to turn a #### sandwich into a gourmet meal. Zay is a wild card.

I can very easily see a scenario where Cooks and Matthews are both WR3s or worse this coming year and beyond. Matthews is dinged already and fighting to be the 3rd target on the team, Cooks is fighting to be the 2nd target at best. I'm afraid Cooks is going to be that guy who scores 8 points or scores 40. He will be a very good football player and a very good best ball player, predicting his startable weeks may be difficult.
Maybe...maybe not.  Maybe the cream rises to the top.

Users who are viewing this thread