Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

5 hours ago, Run It Up said:

From two live rookie drafts today, both 12 team,  both te premium.

Sent the 1.05 otc(he took Dalvin Cook), and the 2.04

Received Christian Mccaffrey (1.03) and 2018 2nd

-

Sent Mike Williams(1.09), Juju Smith-Schuster(1.12) and 2018 3rd

Received Christian Mccaffrey(1.02)

Nice work

6 hours ago, Run It Up said:

-

I like Mccaffrey but the first seems decent if the other guy likes cook slightly more than I do. 

Really surprised to see Mccaffrey go 1.02. Curious - was he picked and then traded cheap or did the trade take place before he was picked?  

I'll take Mccaffrey in both. 

Edited by -OZ-

2 hours ago, -OZ- said:

I like Mccaffrey but the first seems decent if the other guy likes cook slightly more than I do. 

Really surprised to see Mccaffrey go 1.02. Curious - was he picked and then traded cheap or did the trade take place before he was picked?  

I'll take Mccaffrey in both. 

In both instances the other owner had taken cmc before i traded for him, the guy who took him 1.02 originally refused my offer of the picks,  but after landing Williams and Juju he changed his mind.

Edited by Run It Up
  • Like 1

12 Team PPR (With full PR/KR scoring, 1 PT/10 yards) Keeper league. 25 active roster spots + 3 rookie taxi (rookie draft to end of pre season) then cut to 20 + 3 rookie taxi for regular season then cut to 15 total (no taxi allowed) after super bowl. Max positional limits are: 8 for RB/WR, 4 QB/TE, 3 PK/D.

Gave: 4.5 and 5.5 Rookie Picks

Received: 2018 3 Rookie/FA

NOTE: 2018 3 is combined Rookie/FA pick so the player pool will be all rookies plus all FA cuts. In order to draft a player you must have room to do so meaning for example that you must cut to 7 WR if you want to draft another one even if you are going to put them on your taxi squad immediately.

11 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Were those Christian McCaffrey's mortal nemesis trading the picks away?

I thought the first trade was about as cheap as I've seen to move up into the top 3 of this year's draft.  Then I saw that abortion of a 2nd trade.

Overstate things much?

I'll take Cook and the now pick.  I prefer Cook to CMc straight up, so in a deep draft with known value plus immediate impact that's a no-brainer. 

I'd take CMc in the 2nd trade but it's not egregious and with a different guys at 1.09/1.12 (was either an OTC pick or were players already taken?) I think it might tempt me.  TE premium league getting Engram at one of those picks plus say Perine and I take those guys.

edit: ok looks like both players had been drafted, I'd hold CMc in that case.

edit2: In the first trade, I do suppose he could have squeezed more out of it.  "I drafted CMc at 1.02 because I like him better than Cooks, so a swap of 2nd's just isn't enough to move me off" - but that's more of a negotiating nit I pick than an actual price nit.  I didn't originally look at it that way because I never would have been holding CMc for someone to come to me with Cook in exchange for.

Edited by Hankmoody

8 minutes ago, Bruceman6 said:

Team A gets Dez Bryant

Team B gets Brandin Cooks

Could go either way.  I think cooks scores more the next couple of years. 

25 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

12 Team PPR:
Gave: Forte 
Got: 2018 2 (mid to late)

Like hank, I think Forte is underrated for 17 but this is overpaying. 

25 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

I'm buying Forte all day at his market rate, but this isn't it.

Yeah I was happy to move him. I had acquired him for 2017 4.8 2 weeks ago during draft (I was not OTC) and think this guy bought into the roto blurb.

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

Le'veon Owner gets: James Conner, 2018 2nd round pick (early, 12-16 range)

Non-Le'veon owner gets: Evan Engram

Pretty even, I'd take the Conner/2018 2nd side especially as a Bell owner and in non-ppr

14 hours ago, Run It Up said:

-

I'd take CM side in both deals.

First one seems reasonable, we spent months with Cook assumed by many to be rated ahead of McCaffrey so someone possibly preferring Cook to CM or seeing them as equal is not outlandish. It's not the norm any longer but not crazy.

Second one is harder to justify for me if this trade went down during over a month ago but with Williams back issue cropping up it seems really light for CM and/or value for pick 2.

8 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Second one is harder to justify for me if this trade went down during over a month ago but with Williams back issue cropping up it seems really light for CM and/or value for pick 2.

My team is very good in the second league i had acquired the 1.08, 1.09 and 1.12.

I had talked to the guy at the 1.02 a month ago and he said he was low on cmc i still never expected to get him for the pieces i was willing to move. It wasnt until the beginning of the 2nd round i was probing him and he said he had Williams as his #2 of this class but with his injury he just settled for cmc. Having taken Ross (1.08), Williams (1.09) and JuJu (1.12) i offered him Williams and JuJu and we went from there, already failed to move the 1.12, no one there i really wanted. Took JuJu cause i like him, moved him cause i own both Brown and Bryant lol. Both satisfied with the trade methinks.

10 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

My team is very good in the second league i had acquired the 1.08, 1.09 and 1.12.

I had talked to the guy at the 1.02 a month ago and he said he was low on cmc i still never expected to get him for the pieces i was willing to move. It wasnt until the beginning of the 2nd round i was probing him and he said he had Williams as his #2 of this class but with his injury he just settled for cmc. Having taken Ross (1.08), Williams (1.09) and JuJu (1.12) i offered him Williams and JuJu and we went from there, already failed to move the 1.12, no one there i really wanted. Took JuJu cause i like him, moved him cause i own both Brown and Bryant lol. Both satisfied with the trade methinks.

I think both trades are fine.  The way the trade was presented, most people are focusing on the value of the draft picks rather than the player that was picked.  In most of my leagues CMC went 3 or 4, so 2 would be an outlier.  Williams would normally go 5 or 6 (with this being a TE premium maybe even 7) but going at 9 is also an outlier.  

If the trade was presented as CMC for Williams, Juju and a 2018 3rd most would prefer the Williams side IMO

26 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

He was low on CMC but he drafted him at 1.02 in one of the strongest top 5's we've seen in drafts recently?

This guy sounds weird. 

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, garlicduck said:

I think both trades are fine.  The way the trade was presented, most people are focusing on the value of the draft picks rather than the player that was picked.  In most of my leagues CMC went 3 or 4, so 2 would be an outlier.  Williams would normally go 5 or 6 (with this being a TE premium maybe even 7) but going at 9 is also an outlier.  

If the trade was presented as CMC for Williams, Juju and a 2018 3rd most would prefer the Williams side IMO

McCaffrey's ADP is is 1.03, Williams 1.06 (non TE premium), and JuJu 2.03.  So in a normal league it's more the equivalent of 1.03 for 1.06 (maybe 1.07), 2.03, and 2018 3rd which I agree is better than the 1.02 for 1.09/1.12 we're looking at, but is still really cheap to move up there.  Most have a pretty sizeable gap between 1.05 and 1.06, much less 1.03 and 1.06.  I wasn't able to trade and early 2nd and 1.06 for 1.05 in my league, much less 1.03.

Just now, FreeBaGeL said:

He was low on CMC but he drafted him at 1.02 in one of the strongest top 5's we've seen in drafts recently?

And then traded him for two late 1sts?

I guess we know why the guy was picking 1.02.

Almost posted the exact same comments.makes no damn sense when he passed on Davis, cook and Mixon then dumped CM. I can somewhat understand it if he wanted juju and BMW, even if I'd still think it's a bad move.  But to take a guy #2 and be "low on him" means he's probably the kind of owner others will take advantage of. 

35 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

This guy sounds weird. 

He was low on him a month ago, had since changed his opinion his 1-2-3 was Davis, Williams, CMC and Davis went 1.01, Fournette actually went 1.05.

A month ago he was sitting at the 1.06 and was gonna take Williams, he traded up to the 1.02 to get Davis shortly after injury.

Edited by Run It Up

2 minutes ago, Run It Up said:

He was low on him a month ago, had since changed his opinion his 1-2-3 was Davis, Williams, CMC and Davis went 1.01, Fournette actually went 1.05.

:wall:

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

McCaffrey's ADP is is 1.03, Williams 1.06 (non TE premium), and JuJu 2.03.

6 leagues does not an ADP make but out of my 6 TE premium leagues Williams ADP was exactly 7 with a high of 5 and low of 10. But this was also before the back situation so could see him slipping at least a little. I took him in one league at 6 and knowing what I know today I would move him to down to player 9.

2 hours ago, garlicduck said:

In most of my leagues CMC went 3 or 4, so 2 would be an outlier.

Again it's just 6 leagues that use TE premium scoring but based on those leagues McCaffrey going to 4  would be the outlier. Happened zero times in those 6 leagues, he went second three times and third three times. I did not see him go 1.1 but I know several people who have him listed as their #1 player.

19 minutes ago, lexus said:

OZ, if you stop what you're doing - I promise 200% you'll feel no more pain .  .  .  .

What fun would that be?  

11 minutes ago, menobrown said:

6 leagues does not an ADP make but out of my 6 TE premium leagues Williams ADP was exactly 7 with a high of 5 and low of 10. But this was also before the back situation so could see him slipping at least a little. I took him in one league at 6 and knowing what I know today I would move him to down to player 9.

Again it's just 6 leagues that use TE premium scoring but based on those leagues McCaffrey going to 4  would be the outlier. Happened zero times in those 6 leagues, he went second three times and third three times. I did not see him go 1.1 but I know several people who have him listed as their #1 player.

In my 15 leagues that are all 12 team PPR McCaffrey went 1-5 like this 1/2/5/7/1. So I think 3/4 is reasonable and representative of where he is going on average and 2 overall is in general quite the outlier.

Edited by jeaton6

42 minutes ago, jeaton6 said:

In my 15 leagues that are all 12 team PPR McCaffrey went 1-5 like this 1/2/5/7/1. So I think 3/4 is reasonable and representative of where he is going on average and 2 overall is in general quite the outlier.

Not going to beat this dead horse but his ADP in the 6 leagues I am in that play under this scoring format is 2.5 and never once made it to 4 but if you feel like 2 is the outlier to each their own.

45 minutes ago, menobrown said:

In almost every league I am in Fournette and Davis went in the top 2 spots.  It's definitely a bigger shock for Fournette to go 5 than CMC to go 2.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

This is what flabbergasts me.  How does that even happen?  You draft a guy that 30 minutes later you hate?  In THIS of all years?

edit: ok I gotta quit quoting right when I read something and get caught up.

Edited by Hankmoody

46 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Not going to beat this dead horse but his ADP in the 6 leagues I am in that play under this scoring format is 2.5 and never once made it to 4 but if you feel like 2 is the outlier to each their own.

Seems like it is moreso than 4. 2.5 times the sample size (still small I know). The DLF ADP tool for all June drafts which pulls from real rookie drafts for known dynasty leagues on MFL shows McCaffrey with average ADP of 3.27 which indicates he's likely usually going 3 but at times going 4 as well as going 4 more often than 2.

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Why do people put up "trade bait" on a league site and reject offers without a counter?

What a time waster putting an offer together only together only to have it discarded without an indication of whether or not it was close.

/rant :rant:

It's better than owners who endlessly counter while spiralling away from fair value instead of converging toward it.

I've been dealing with an owner where the longer we spend negotiating a deal, the more he wants for his players.

I think I'd rather have instant rejections...it saves a lot of time and effort.

8 hours ago, CabinFever said:

12 team ppr

gave: Gronk, McCoy, Hunt, 2nd in 2018

got: Evans, 1st in 2018

Remove the picks and it's extremely close.  Depending on my roster and starting lineups I might take either side.  In the league I own evans I wouldn't trade him for gronk, McCoy and hunt but partly because my te and rb are solid  (coincidentally, McCoy is my rb1)

8 minutes ago, drewd_21 said:

12 tm idp ppr

Not involved....

Team A gave: Bell

Team B gave: Michael Thomas, 2018 1st (current champ), 2018 4th

Bell, pretty easily especially going for a repeat. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

Not involved. 12 team PPR. Draft hasn't started yet.

David Johnson and 1.02 for

Michael Thomas, D Freeman, T Coleman, and 1.05

as usual, the two bigger pieces.  Understand taking the other side if you're building and anticipate the Falcons backs splitting up.  Personally, the change at OC makes me shy away from Atlanta right now. 

1 hour ago, Dawg Pound 69 said:

Not involved. 12 team PPR. Draft hasn't started yet.

David Johnson and 1.02 for

Michael Thomas, D Freeman, T Coleman, and 1.05

I'm not a huge Freeman guy so I would try to flip him but that's good return for Johnson.   I also prefer Mixon and Cook to Fournette and McCaffrey so the pick dropoff doesn't matter much to me here.  It would come down to the makeup of my team for me here.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Why do people put up "trade bait" on a league site and reject offers without a counter?

What a time waster putting an offer together only together only to have it discarded without an indication of whether or not it was close.

/rant :rant:

They probably have no interest in the players you're offering.  I always try to leave a note, but if i don't want what they are offering what's the point of making a counter?

10 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

They probably have no interest in the players you're offering.  I always try to leave a note, but if i don't want what they are offering what's the point of making a counter?

Because people aren't mind readers.

If you put up a guy for trade but you don't give any indication of what you're expecting in return there's only so much stomach people have for trying to figure out what it is you do want.

If someone offers a trade, they're expressing interest. A simple rejection says you're not really interested in working something out. You're really hoping for someone to do something stupid.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Because people aren't mind readers.

If you put up a guy for trade but you don't give any indication of what you're expecting in return there's only so much stomach people have for trying to figure out what it is you do want.

If someone offers a trade, they're expressing interest. A simple rejection says you're not really interested in working something out. You're really hoping for someone to do something stupid.

This part kind of annoys me too.  MFL even gives a column when you list trade bait to add what you are looking for but no one ever uses it.  When it rarely does get used and someone adds a guy and puts something like "looking to downgrade here at RB and add a WR" a deal usually happens pretty quickly.  But most people using the trade bait thing seem like they are just going through their roster randomly clicking check boxes.

• Like 3

FFPC

Gave: Snead and Marshall

Got: Moncrief

Context:  I would imagine some might say, "this is free Marshall" or "I like Snead more than Moncrief" but I had roster space issues, value Moncriefs upside more and in general view him as big buy low target and Snead the opposite.

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****