Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

non-PPR:

Team A Gives: Wayne Gallman

Team B Gives: Adam Shaheen, Aaron Jones

I actually like Jones on par with Gallman but I'd take Shaheen over all of them and for how I value these players he's essentially free.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

You told him to offer it and report back, which he did, but then you dump on him.

Even though you're right that it belongs elsewhere (the AC forum)...Lighten up, Francis. The dude has 90 posts.

Unbunch your panties Sally.  I gave him a little grief (hardly "dumping" on him") for the advice part of it, not the completed trade.

PS - following your lead, did I get the childish insult part right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

Oh wait...

You asked. Perhaps I missed some fancy internet sarcasm in your first reply, I did think you were curious about the outcome, but the trade had already been executed. And I'm hardly the only one making value statements about trades in this forum. Seems like the underlying logic is as, if not more, valuable than picking the winning side of the trade. I don't see any advice requests in my post... but just in case, I'll solicit your stamp of approval before the next one.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

You told him to offer it and report back, which he did, but then you dump on him.

Even though you're right that it belongs elsewhere (the AC forum)...Lighten up, Francis. The dude has 90 posts.

Happy to correct if I'm missing some etiquette here... not a big poster, but I've been a follower of these forums for years. This thread in particular is a valuable resource, lot of great contributors here. A little puzzled about which part should've gone to AC tbh... posting a completed trade which gets a few replies evaluating it seems to be the norm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Adso said:

Happy to correct if I'm missing some etiquette here... not a big poster, but I've been a follower of these forums for years. This thread in particular is a valuable resource, lot of great contributors here. A little puzzled about which part should've gone to AC tbh... posting a completed trade which gets a few replies evaluating it seems to be the norm.

The way you originally posted it was apparently ambiguous as to whether or not it was completed.

Don't worry about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

I'd strongly prefer Anderson/Bryant but expect to be in the minority in this thread.  

I might take dez straight over hopkins.  Probably not but it's close. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, joey said:

big name trade in one of my 12 team, non-PPR leagues 

 

Team A got Le'veon Bell

Team B got: Julio Jones

Non-ppr it's Bell for sure.

I'll believe it when I see it about feeding Jones more in the red zone. They never thought of that before now?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

12 team PPR

Team A got Lamar Miller, Tyler Eifart

Team B got Paul Perkins, Tyreek Hill, Evan Engram

I'd take team B's side and then try and move PP and Hill.

Also  as a side not I've never grown out of thinking farts are funny so on that note the way you spelled Eifert's last name was how I wish it was really was spelled/pronounced. Besides his name confuses me to this day and I still vacillate between pronouncing it as I-fert or E-fert.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Bell over Julio in non PPR by a lot.

Bell over Julio in PPR by a little

I'll take Bell over Julio by quite a bit in both formats.

Non-ppr is obvious, but even in PPR they have probably similar career lengths left and similar past injuries that could be a little worrisome, but Bell outscored Julio by EIGHT (!!) points per game last year.  Even Julio's monster career best season which he's unlikely to ever repeat doesn't approach Bell's 2016 and barely matches Bell's 2014.  I guess Bell does have the suspension looming.

Over the last 3 years Bell is 2ppg better and that includes what looks like Julio's outlier season, whereas Bell was a bit more consistent (his 2nd best season actually matches Julio's career best).

I dunno, with the longevity likely canceled out a good bit by Julio being 3 years older I don't see the reason in taking a guy at a less difficult to fill position who is also scoring fewer ppg.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'll take Bell over Julio by quite a bit in both formats.

Non-ppr is obvious, but even in PPR they have probably similar career lengths left and similar past injuries that could be a little worrisome, but Bell outscored Julio by EIGHT (!!) points per game last year.  Even Julio's monster career best season which he's unlikely to ever repeat doesn't approach Bell's 2016 and barely matches Bell's 2014.  I guess Bell does have the suspension looming.

Over the last 3 years Bell is 2ppg better and that includes what looks like Julio's outlier season, whereas Bell was a bit more consistent (his 2nd best season actually matches Julio's career best).

I dunno, with the longevity likely canceled out a good bit by Julio being 3 years older I don't see the reason in taking a guy at a less difficult to fill position who is also scoring fewer ppg.

I was just thinking in terms of rankings, but you spelled this out pretty good for PPR.  Definitely worth a decent amount more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Andrew Luck

Team B Gave: Derek Carr, Juju Smith-Schuster, Jeremy McNichols

Fair trade, I could see either side, but would bet on Luck's annual PPG making differences in playoff runs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, jadensdad said:

12 team ppr

start - qrwwwftkd

 

team a-Lamar miller

team b- maclin

Miller by quite a bit.

 

1 hour ago, steelers1080 said:

Non-PPR

Team A Gave: Andrew Luck

Team B Gave: Derek Carr, Juju Smith-Schuster, Jeremy McNichols

Luck by a good amount in non-ppr.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I'll take Bell over Julio by quite a bit in both formats.

Non-ppr is obvious, but even in PPR they have probably similar career lengths left and similar past injuries that could be a little worrisome, but Bell outscored Julio by EIGHT (!!) points per game last year.  Even Julio's monster career best season which he's unlikely to ever repeat doesn't approach Bell's 2016 and barely matches Bell's 2014.  I guess Bell does have the suspension looming.

Over the last 3 years Bell is 2ppg better and that includes what looks like Julio's outlier season, whereas Bell was a bit more consistent (his 2nd best season actually matches Julio's career best).

I dunno, with the longevity likely canceled out a good bit by Julio being 3 years older I don't see the reason in taking a guy at a less difficult to fill position who is also scoring fewer ppg.

I agree with everything you are saying but Bell has all the contract leverage in the world on his side right now and I think it's going to be very difiicult for them to reach a long term contract this off-season. So for me the fear of  Bell hitting UFA and unknown for sure brings down his dynasty value to me right now.

I'd still take Bell in this deal, but it's close, would be less close if/when he resigns because of everything you are saying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Really? You guys must be thinking that Pryor will flame out.

He had a good year as the best target for a bad team that nobody really game planned to stop.  

Now he's going to a contender, with an established elite tight end, very good slot guy, last year's first round pick at wide receivers, and a revamped running game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor have a fantasy wr1 season or a wr3 season.  It's almost impossible to project that passing game.

But let's say he has a good year. You still need to worry about cousins leaving next year. 

With Coleman, the situation seems pretty clear - he's really talented, and their quarterbacks aren't.  Like Pryor, there's a pretty wide range of outcomes for this year, but going forward it seems to be looking up for him.

They both have uncertainty, and I think Pryor is a good receiver, but Coleman has a higher upside and seems to be the guy they're  building around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

He had a good year as the best target for a bad team that nobody really game planned to stop.  

Now he's going to a contender, with an established elite tight end, very good slot guy, last year's first round pick at wide receivers, and a revamped running game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor have a fantasy wr1 season or a wr3 season.  It's almost impossible to project that passing game.

But let's say he has a good year. You still need to worry about cousins leaving next year. 

With Coleman, the situation seems pretty clear - he's really talented, and their quarterbacks aren't.  Like Pryor, there's a pretty wide range of outcomes for this year, but going forward it seems to be looking up for him.

They both have uncertainty, and I think Pryor is a good receiver, but Coleman has a higher upside and seems to be the guy they're  building around. 

Not only could Cousins leave, but Pryor is only on a one year contract. So that's a worry. But it seems to me that talent wins out and with his athleticism he could fit a number of teams even if he leaves Washington.

I'm not sold on Coleman's upside in a non-ppr setting. I can't see him as a great red zone target and I don't want to count on a guy breaking free for long TDs. 

In the end, I see them having a similar number of yards per year but Pryor has the higher TD upside.

Anyway, either guy is probably a 2/3 WR starter for me (complete roster isn't important). I definitely can't see Coleman as a non-ppr WR1 ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, bostonfred said:

He had a good year as the best target for a bad team that nobody really game planned to stop.  

Now he's going to a contender, with an established elite tight end, very good slot guy, last year's first round pick at wide receivers, and a revamped running game.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Pryor have a fantasy wr1 season or a wr3 season.  It's almost impossible to project that passing game.

But let's say he has a good year. You still need to worry about cousins leaving next year. 

With Coleman, the situation seems pretty clear - he's really talented, and their quarterbacks aren't.  Like Pryor, there's a pretty wide range of outcomes for this year, but going forward it seems to be looking up for him.

They both have uncertainty, and I think Pryor is a good receiver, but Coleman has a higher upside and seems to be the guy they're  building around. 

More upside than a 28 year old 6'5" freak athlete who runs a sub-4.40 40 yard dash? Who's a converted qb and caught 1,000 yards in his 3rd season playing WR ever on a team with Cody Kessler, Josh McCown, and the ghost of RG3 throwing him the rock. And he just got paid in the offseason to be the #1 target for a team with a prolific and highly efficient quarterback. 

Pryor is the definition of upside

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, maf005 said:

More upside than a 28 year old 6'5" freak athlete who runs a sub-4.40 40 yard dash? Who's a converted qb and caught 1,000 yards in his 3rd season playing WR ever on a team with Cody Kessler, Josh McCown, and the ghost of RG3 throwing him the rock. And he just got paid in the offseason to be the #1 target for a team with a prolific and highly efficient quarterback. 

Pryor is the definition of upside

He does have a lot of upside but he's 5 years older than coleman and I really don't think he's any more naturally talented than coleman.  If pryor was such a stud he'd have more than a one year deal right now and the Browns probably would have tried to keep him. 

He might be the definition of upside but he's also the definition of a question mark. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, -OZ- said:

He does have a lot of upside but he's 5 years older than coleman and I really don't think he's any more naturally talented than coleman.  If pryor was such a stud he'd have more than a one year deal right now and the Browns probably would have tried to keep him. 

He might be the definition of upside but he's also the definition of a question mark. 

Yeah I was surprised some team didn't offer him a longer/better contract. Not that I buy into the narratives much but Pryor should be motivated to prove himself this year, it's likely his only shot at a huge multi-year contract.

FWIW I'd take Coleman over Pryor in dynasty. Just took exception with the "upside" comment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Not only could Cousins leave, but Pryor is only on a one year contract. So that's a worry. But it seems to me that talent wins out and with his athleticism he could fit a number of teams even if he leaves Washington.

I'm not sold on Coleman's upside in a non-ppr setting. I can't see him as a great red zone target and I don't want to count on a guy breaking free for long TDs. 

In the end, I see them having a similar number of yards per year but Pryor has the higher TD upside.

Anyway, either guy is probably a 2/3 WR starter for me (complete roster isn't important). I definitely can't see Coleman as a non-ppr WR1 ever.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other and wouldn't fault anyone for siding with Pryor, the only thing I'll say is don't get caught up on assuming that height is singularly correlated to TD potential.  Antonio Brown is doubling Julio Jones' TD totals most years at nearly half a foot shorter.  

And heck, Coleman only had one fewer TD than Pryor last year despite playing only half the season.  On top of that Coleman was a TD machine in college (20 TDs his final season!).  And while in the short term of course we all prefer Cousins to whomever Cleveland is rolling out at QB in general, Cousins isn't exactly known for looking his WRs way in the redzone.  Garcon had only 3 TDs last year for Washington.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...