What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (24 Viewers)

16 team PPR- Team 1 is total rebuild, team 2 is competing this year. 

Team 1- gave up Dalvin Cook, Mccaffrey, Rudolph and 2 mid tier 2018 2nds.

Team 2- gave 5-2018 1sts (1 top 5, 2 middle tier, 2 later but could easily change), prosise, Johnathon williams, Deangelo Henderson

FFPC:

Team A gave: Devante Parker, 2018#1 (pick is from a solid team but in a tough league so a middling team on paper and in a draft playoff format that just means pick has a wide range of options.)

Team B gave: Diggs and Tyler Eifert

FFPC:

Team A gave: Devante Parker, 2018#1 (pick is from a solid team but in a tough league so a middling team on paper and in a draft playoff format that just means pick has a wide range of options.)

Team B gave: Diggs and Tyler Eifert
Parker and 1

Team 2- gave 5-2018 1sts (1 top 5, 2 middle tier, 2 later but could easily change), prosise, Johnathon williams, Deangelo Henderson
I'll take the players 

I just moved my 2.02 developmental draft pick this year & 2018 4th round rookie pick for Ingram in PPR. I was hurting at RB with Fournette as my only real starter + I'm in rebuild mode.

Ratbone said:

Rebuilder gives up two top 5 picks for one possibly maybe top 5 pick and trash.  That's why he's a rebuilder.

Rebuilder gives up two top 5 picks for one possibly maybe top 5 pick and trash.  That's why he's a rebuilder.
4x mid-to-late first rounders certainly isn't trash.  Cook and the top pick are close enough.  I'd take 4 mid-to-late firsts for McCaffrey if I'm rebuilding.  And I'm sure the guy helped his Barkley chances as well, by moving those points off of his roster.  

I don't like including the 2nd round picks, but I don't the trade is really that bad.  

Couple moves I just made. Ppr scoring v

I sent Doug Martin

I got Zay Jones 

I gave Zay Jones

I got Marshawn Lynch and a 2018 3rd (Should be early owner is in complete rebuild)

I was in talk to get Lynch, was offering my 2nd next year, it should be late. He wanted Galloday, who I am very high on. During this another owner asked me about Martin and I looked over his roster and seen Jones. So I went for the flip and it worked, but I wouldn't have been mad if I was stuck with Jones and feel I could have still made a move for Lynch. 

12 Tm PPR - QRRWWWTF - 25 man rosters

Gave: Melvin Gordon, 2nd (18')

Got: Freeman

I'm sure many value them equally, or even prefer Gordon straight up, which is reasonable.  It was worth the cost paid to secure the safer guy to me.  Both teams in the hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sure many value them equally, or even prefer Gordon straight up, which is reasonable.  It was worth the cost paid to secure the safer guy to me.  Both teams in the hunt.
Totally agree freeman is safer but Gordon's ceiling is higher to me and it's not like he's bad so I want the Gordon side.  If it were a bad player and a pick for the safe option I'd go that route though.  Figured it was worth mentioning.

4x mid-to-late first rounders certainly isn't trash.  Cook and the top pick are close enough.  I'd take 4 mid-to-late firsts for McCaffrey if I'm rebuilding.  And I'm sure the guy helped his Barkley chances as well, by moving those points off of his roster.  

I don't like including the 2nd round picks, but I don't the trade is really that bad.  
It would take something amazing for that team not to have the #1 pick. So yes it helped in that arena too. 

Cook for a "top pick" that might not be a top pick?  That you have to wait a year for?  That might not be anywhere near the talent level in a different draft?  No.  If someone shows me a roster and it's a lead-pipe lock for 1.01 then maybe but even then we don't know Guice or Barkley will even come out healthy - both Chubb and the Oregon kid decided to return unexpectedly. 

Rudolph and 2 2nd's should net a 1st and the RB's easy, and a real Rudolph fan would probably give two 1sts in PPR for him and the 2nd's - he was TE5 in PPR last year.

So now you're at 1 or 2 random 1sts for CmC.  A year later.  With no guarantee where they land.

I just can't see the logic of being a rebuilding team and trading two top-5 RB's in a historic class for dart throws later.  Any number, any kind, any projected landing spot.  Horrible.

14 Team.. no PPR... 1qb/1rb/1wr/1te/2 Flex ... all TD's 6 pts

Gave: LMiller

Got: AAbdullah, DHenry

Cam, Bell, Green, Dez, DThomas, Kelce with Reed an Miller was all that was on my bench worth anything, so went for a little depth

Cam, Bell, Green, Dez, DThomas, Kelce with Reed an Miller was all that was on my bench worth anything, so went for a little depth
a little depth? you mean getting a top 12 dynasty RB in Henry? Yeah, that's ok for depth I guess ;)

I like Abdullah and Henry better than Miller. I own Miller in a couple dynasties and would probably trade him straight up for either player.

Cook for a "top pick" that might not be a top pick?  That you have to wait a year for?  That might not be anywhere near the talent level in a different draft?  No.  If someone shows me a roster and it's a lead-pipe lock for 1.01 then maybe but even then we don't know Guice or Barkley will even come out healthy - both Chubb and the Oregon kid decided to return unexpectedly. 

Rudolph and 2 2nd's should net a 1st and the RB's easy, and a real Rudolph fan would probably give two 1sts in PPR for him and the 2nd's - he was TE5 in PPR last year.

So now you're at 1 or 2 random 1sts for CmC.  A year later.  With no guarantee where they land.

I just can't see the logic of being a rebuilding team and trading two top-5 RB's in a historic class for dart throws later.  Any number, any kind, any projected landing spot.  Horrible.
The Rudolph banter here is a REAL stretch.

Are you really arguing that Kyle Rudolph is worth more than a first round pick?  He's not worth anything close to that.  He's a throw in.  Diggs is back, they added Cook, and Bradford won't be around after this season.  He'll go right back to being the TE depth that he has always been. 

If we're treating the top 5 pick as a maybe, we should treat the mid-to-late round picks as maybes as well, no?  Maybe those mids end up being early?  Or the lates, even?

The meat of the deal is 5 first round picks in what appears to be a very strong class for Cook/McCaffrey.  That's not horrible.  

Ratbone said:

Why would a rebuilding team trade Cook and McCaffrey for more picks?  Teams like this are always rebuilding.

Why would a rebuilding team trade Cook and McCaffrey for more picks?  Teams like this are always rebuilding.
The team actually came in with several others this offseason to fill the league. There was a dispersal draft with very few good assets. That team now has 9 1sts in 2018 and is a lock to have the #1 pick. I know nothing is certain, but that is as close as you can get. 

The Rudolph banter here is a REAL stretch.
Depends on the league and owners.  He was TE4 in PPR last year, he's only 27, and he has the same QB and system as last year.  He was just drafted at TE4 in a limited keeper league of mine.  It's not at all "banter" for a believer that's in win-now mode.

The team actually came in with several others this offseason to fill the league. There was a dispersal draft with very few good assets. That team now has 9 1sts in 2018 and is a lock to have the #1 pick. I know nothing is certain, but that is as close as you can get. 
Or he could have Cook, CMc, and four 1st round picks, one of which is a lead-pipe lock to be #1 overall.  Absurd trade.

Are you really arguing that Kyle Rudolph is worth more than a first round pick?  He's not worth anything close to that.  He's a throw in.  Diggs is back, they added Cook, and Bradford won't be around after this season.  He'll go right back to being the TE depth that he has always been. 

If we're treating the top 5 pick as a maybe, we should treat the mid-to-late round picks as maybes as well, no?  Maybe those mids end up being early?  Or the lates, even?

The meat of the deal is 5 first round picks in what appears to be a very strong class for Cook/McCaffrey.  That's not horrible.  
I've seen Rudolph traded for 1sts+ twice so far so no, I'm not arguing, I'm reporting.  He's not even close to a throw-in, even in a deal this monstrous.  He's 27 years old in a PPR league he just finished TE4 in.  Even if you expect regression (I do) he's got value to contenders.  It doesn't matter what you or I value him at, it matters what just one guy in the league might.

You can call the picks whatever you want, but you make my point about lack of clarity.  Sure, they "could" be earlier, they "could" be later, they "could" be the last 5 picks of the round.  Cook and CMc have a whole lot less "could" and are solidly in the "are" category, being 3rd-ish round picks in startup drafts.  You think anyone's spending 3rd rounders in a devy startup on 2018 picks, even if they were pre-defined at 1.01 and 1.02?

You can disagree all you want, but my take is that this trade is a joke and this owner made a bad move, period.

I've seen Rudolph traded for 1sts+ twice so far so no, I'm not arguing, I'm reporting.  He's not even close to a throw-in, even in a deal this monstrous.  He's 27 years old in a PPR league he just finished TE4 in.  Even if you expect regression (I do) he's got value to contenders.  It doesn't matter what you or I value him at, it matters what just one guy in the league might.

You can call the picks whatever you want, but you make my point about lack of clarity.  Sure, they "could" be earlier, they "could" be later, they "could" be the last 5 picks of the round.  Cook and CMc have a whole lot less "could" and are solidly in the "are" category, being 3rd-ish round picks in startup drafts.  You think anyone's spending 3rd rounders in a devy startup on 2018 picks, even if they were pre-defined at 1.01 and 1.02?

You can disagree all you want, but my take is that this trade is a joke and this owner made a bad move, period.
Fair enough.  "Throw in" was hyperbole on my part, but I don't think it's reasonable to assume any owner in the league is willing to value Rudolph that highly.  He's not a difference maker as a dynasty asset.  I'm sure a lot of folks would roll the dice on Prosise over him straight up.  

FTR, I wouldn't make the deal.  I don't see the appeal in liquidizing 21 and 22 YO RBs.  As you said, add Barkley to that group and you're in business.  But I see potential for it working out either way, depending on where the picks land.  Because of that, the deal doesn't stand out in this thread as being horrible or a joke.  JMO.  

Lastly, I know this wasn't really your point, but I'd absolutely trade a 3rd round startup pick for the 2018 1.01 right now.  Barkley projects to be a first round startup pick.  Even if he gets Chubbed, the average 1.01 should repay the investment.  

Trade Corey Davis for 2018 first and second rd?
The trick is to post it as a completed trade and see the reactionary fallout  :thumbup:

I'd probably trade my first and second for Davis if I thought my team was pretty good. If I'm in rebuilding mode and expect to have a top 5 pick, probably not.

Doesn't matter how many picks you have if you're constantly turning young players into more picks.  You will always be in rebuilding mode.

Sent:  Duke Johnson and Tyler Lockett for a 2018 1st (Projected 1.10-1.12) late.

I don't use Duke or Lockett.

I now have 5 firsts next year and am a contending team (actually traded for my 1st back)

Will use some of these to ensure I have 1.1 or 1.2 or move some to 2019 draft.

Hankmoody said:
Depends on the league and owners.  He was TE4 in PPR last year, he's only 27, and he has the same QB and system as last year.  He was just drafted at TE4 in a limited keeper league of mine.  It's not at all "banter" for a believer that's in win-now mode.
No it doesn't depend. Unless the owner is Rudolphs mom. 2 firsts for Rudolph and 2 2's? Ludicrous. TE5 last year. Great. How about the numerous prior years when he hasn't been able to stay healthy? He was drafted TE4. Ok, in a Tier with 7 other guys in it. Proves nothing.

No it doesn't depend. Unless the owner is Rudolphs mom. 2 firsts for Rudolph and 2 2's? Ludicrous. TE5 last year. Great. How about the numerous prior years when he hasn't been able to stay healthy? He was drafted TE4. Ok, in a Tier with 7 other guys in it. Proves nothing.
New concept for you - different people have different opinions.  I don't care what yours is.  I do care that there are others out there that would pay it - I've seen it.  You think it's ludicrous - fine, go with that.  You think TE4 is part of a big 'ol tier - fine, go with that too.  I'm not offering Rudolph to you so I don't know why you care so much.

I like Freeman in PPR 

Users who are viewing this thread