What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

I'd have to be very certain it's a top 4 pick, and if so I like the return.  If the rebuild is on there's zero reason to keep holding Gronk.  He might win you games you don't want to so by subtracting his points B is also helping his own 1st next year.
I could be wrong but way I read the trade was that this pick was the opposite of a top 4 pick.

menobrown said:
Hankmoody said:
I'd have to be very certain it's a top 4 pick, and if so I like the return.  If the rebuild is on there's zero reason to keep holding Gronk.  He might win you games you don't want to so by subtracting his points B is also helping his own 1st next year.
I could be wrong but way I read the trade was that this pick was the opposite of a top 4 pick.
I don't think so, but if you are right then I hate the trade ;)

Team A gave up Brate, Cameron TBB TE
Team B gave up Higbee, Tyler LAR TE; Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick

Team A gave up Glennon, Mike CHI QB;LaFell, Brandon CIN WR; Year 2018 Round 1 Draft Pick;Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick
Team B gave up Roethlisberger, Ben PIT QB;McCoy, LeSean BUF RB

Team A gave up Year 2018 Round 3 Draft Pick
Team A gave up Clement, Corey PHI RB

Hankmoody said:
I meant that the 2018 1st round pick is from a very good team (top 4 contender). So it's likely a late 1st

I meant that the 2018 1st round pick is from a very good team (top 4 contender). So it's likely a late 1st
Yuck!  Although I do like Johnnu.  It's an ok exit price I suppose especially if it's important to get him off your roster.

But now I'm interested if I can get him in one league I am contending in....

Yuck!  Although I do like Johnnu.  It's an ok exit price I suppose especially if it's important to get him off your roster.

But now I'm interested if I can get him in one league I am contending in....
Yeah I agree his "value" is a bit higher than what I received. But over the offseason and first 4 weeks I received 0 offers in a league that is fairly active in terms of trades. And it was obvious Gronk didn't fit my window (or lack thereof)

msudaisy26 said:
Couple of trades I have done, all touchdowns are 6 points ppr scoring, start 1 qb, 2rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 2 flex, but different leagues.

I sent Jay Ajayi and Jared Cook

I received Sterling Shepard and a 2018 1st.

I am rebuilding and now have 5 1st round picks next year, he is 1 - 3 and is a borderline playoff team.

I sent Gronk

I received Tyrell Williams, Jimmy Graham, and a 2018 1st and 2nd

I am a playoff contender and think I still am. Felt like this was a pretty decent exit price on Gronk. He is a playoff contender as well

I sent Cooper Kupp, a 2018 1st, and Davante Adams

I received Hopkins and Gallaman

I am a contender and he is rebuilding and has had Hopkins on the block for a while.
Bump, I am begging a little. Any opinions on these moves?

12 tm PPR

I gave Ty.Williams, 2018 1st ( not mine, probably mid) and 2018 2nd ( late)

Got: Watkins

12 tm PPR, super flex ( don't have to start 2 QBs)

Gave: 2018 2nd

Got: Eli

Ryan is my starter but only other QBs I have are the Jets mess and Lynch

12 tm PPR

Watkins. Not a believer in Ty W. 

Eli - he's definitely worth that and probably more in SF.

16tm w/ 1.5PPR for TEs, can start up to 3

Gave: Jack Doyle

Got: Greg Olsen

I also have Gronk and Walker.

Thinking that Olsen could have a greater impact when he's back for the fantasy playoffs compared to Doyle.

Gave

Alshon 3yr contract

2018 1st

Got

Hopkins final contract year

2018 4th

Future looks bright with Nuk and Watson - tired of Alshon being Alshon.

12 tm PPR

Williams side

Eli and I hate him

12 Team SuperFlex PPR Devy League

Rebuilder gets: Sam Darnold (pairs up with Lamar Jackson), 2018 1st, Isaiah Crowell, Djax

Contender gets: Kareem Hunt

Antonio Brown, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 5th round pick

for 

Tarik Cohen, Matt Breida, 2018 1st round pick, 2018 4th round pick

12 team, 53 man rosters, IDP.

for 

Are there contract considerations or any other factor that would convince me to stay in that league next year?

12 Team SuperFlex PPR Devy League

Rebuilder gets: Sam Darnold (pairs up with Lamar Jackson), 2018 1st, Isaiah Crowell, Djax

Contender gets: Kareem Hunt
Probably good for both teams, vacuum I take the Darnold/1st/Crow side.  Not a big believer in Hunt but he's very hard to ignore as a top10 RB.  

Made 2 trades today to strengthen my team.  I'm 4-0 about to go through a rough patch with bye weeks I'm thinking.

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 10 team

Traded away:  Derrick Henry, DT

Got: Jordan Howard

Lost DJ for the season still 4-0 plus I really like Howard, don't really like Henry

Traded away:  Moncrief, Ebron, 2019 2nd

Got:  Jordan Reed, 2019 3rd (I know I know, the 3rd makes the deal)

Not a huge Reed fan honestly (injuries and all) but could really use the TE upgrade at TE2.  Already have Kelce at TE1

Made 2 trades today to strengthen my team.  I'm 4-0 about to go through a rough patch with bye weeks I'm thinking.

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 10 team

Traded away:  Derrick Henry, DT

Got: Jordan Howard

Lost DJ for the season still 4-0 plus I really like Howard, don't really like Henry

Traded away:  Moncrief, Ebron, 2019 2nd

Got:  Jordan Reed, 2019 3rd (I know I know, the 3rd makes the deal)

Not a huge Reed fan honestly (injuries and all) but could really use the TE upgrade at TE2.  Already have Kelce at TE1
I don't like the first one but like the second one. But I am a fan of Henry and think he's going to be really good.

Team A receives AJ Green

Tean B receives D’Onta Foreman, Fuller, Golliday, Juju

Team A is in win now in need of the big fish at WR. 

Team B is a perennial contender in between win now and rebuild. He still holds AR, Zeke, and Julio.

Depends on the league, but generally you're right.
Sure. There are times it makes sense (total rebuild for example). But usually the players you are getting aren't a huge upgrade from the guys you have to cut. 

Last edited by a moderator:

for 

This trade is reasonable to me but only if that that 2018#1 seems like a mortal lock for top 2-3 pick.  If it's just a random #1 or worse projected as late #1 it's a horrible return.

12 team PPR start 1/2/3/1/1 flex 

I gave: Alvin Kamara, 2018 1st (Playoff team)

I got: 2018 1st (bottom 3 team in the league) 
probably good trade if pick ends up top 3.  If you get #1 pick it's a landslide win.  Even pick 2-3 you're going to get an amazing prospect.

Yeah. I hate 3-1 or 4-1 trades. Studs win championships. Plus you have to drop some players to make room. 
I agree, though I'd say there is a good chance one of those 4 develops into a stud at some point.  I wouldn't make that deal but I see the rationale 

I agree, though I'd say there is a good chance one of those 4 develops into a stud at some point.  I wouldn't make that deal but I see the rationale 
I would say "good chance" is very optimistic.  I would argue there is not a good chance of one becoming a stud.

12 team PPR start 1/2/3/1/1 flex 

I gave: Alvin Kamara, 2018 1st (Playoff team)

I got: 2018 1st (bottom 3 team in the league) 
I'd probably hold Kamara.  I have seen too many "early" future 1sts end up winning 5 games and ending up the 1.06 pick and too many "playoff teams" as of week 4 getting a couple of injuries and finishing 7-6 and pick 8.  Giving up the player only furthers that scenario. 

Users who are viewing this thread