What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (21 Viewers)

probably good trade if pick ends up top 3.  If you get #1 pick it's a landslide win.  Even pick 2-3 you're going to get an amazing prospect.
Too early to say that.  We don't know what 1.01 is next year yet and we don't know how Kamara finishes.  And even if 2-3 is an amazing prospect, what's to say Kamara isn't?  8 weeks ago Hunt = today's Kamara, so if this becomes Hunt and a late 2018 for an early 2018 that's not good.

If I'm giving up guys to play the "move up in next year's draft" game it's gonna be with guys we know who they are.  Thielen, Montgomery, Davante Adams.  Not players whose ceiling we don't have a good picture of yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too early to say that.  We don't know what 1.01 is next year yet and we don't know how Kamara finishes.  And even if 2-3 is an amazing prospect, what's to say Kamara isn't?  8 weeks ago Hunt = today's Kamara, so if this becomes Hunt and a late 2018 for an early 2018 that's not good.

If I'm giving up guys to play the "move up in next year's draft" game it's gonna be with guys we know who they are.  Thielen, Montgomery, Davante Adams.  Not players whose ceiling we don't have a good picture of yet.
Good points. I love Kamara, drafted him in my dynasty, just don't think he's a workhorse type like a Barkley/Chubb.

Of course i'd rather give up a Monty/Adams/Theilen type, but doubt anyone would move down so much to get one of those guys.  You gotta give up a nice prospect to get into that top 3 sweet spot.

Good points. I love Kamara, drafted him in my dynasty, just don't think he's a workhorse type like a Barkley/Chubb.

Of course i'd rather give up a Monty/Adams/Theilen type, but doubt anyone would move down so much to get one of those guys.  You gotta give up a nice prospect to get into that top 3 sweet spot.
Might be my closet affection for Kamara, but he doesn't have to be this type in a PPR.  I see his comp as Devonte Freeman and in that O he's got a good shot at that kind of workload and output.

Barring injury 1.01 is Saquon Barkley.  The only question is does he land in a Leonard Fournette situation or a Zeke Elliott situation.  He's the best dynasty rookie prospect in 5+ years so I'm willing to gamble a bit for the chance to land him.  I like Kamara but I love Barkley.  

Barring injury 1.01 is Saquon Barkley.  The only question is does he land in a Leonard Fournette situation or a Zeke Elliott situation.  He's the best dynasty rookie prospect in 5+ years so I'm willing to gamble a bit for the chance to land him.  I like Kamara but I love Barkley.  
Well there are two thing right there.

Same thing was said about Fournette 12 months ago yet on draft day there were 5 guys being bandied about as the 1.01 and just 4 weeks into the decision I'm guessing almost no one would be taking any of those 5 there if the draft were today.  Barkley's not the 1.01 on my board yet - not definitively anyway.  He's out ahead, but Chubb and Guice are still in that conversation.  I said the exact same thing 12 months ago about Fournette, with Cook and Chubb those guys at that time. 

Well there are two thing right there.

Same thing was said about Fournette 12 months ago yet on draft day there were 5 guys being bandied about as the 1.01 and just 4 weeks into the decision I'm guessing almost no one would be taking any of those 5 there if the draft were today.  Barkley's not the 1.01 on my board yet - not definitively anyway.  He's out ahead, but Chubb and Guice are still in that conversation.  I said the exact same thing 12 months ago about Fournette, with Cook and Chubb those guys at that time. 
I feel like you're arguing for my side.  I want the 1.01 and Barkley.  If I end up with the 1.02 or 1.03 I'll still get a very good player as well.  

I also disagree that the hype on Fournette was on par with what we see with Barkley.   

Not sure why you think that.  I emphasized that Barkley could indeed get hurt, and he could indeed end up in a bad situation rather than a great one, there are two barriers to his value 8 months from now.  Sure, 1.02 or 1.03 could be a great player, obviously.  But so could Kamara - he could be better than either of them.  Ajayi and Howard both ended up right in that valuation range as did DJ and now Hunt looks like he will far surpass that.

You know the league better than I do so regarding the likelihood that pick will actually be top 3 (after adding Kamara) and the one given will actually be after 1.10 (after losing Kamara) I can't really be as authoritative.  However, I've seen too many of those pick value assumptions go sideways to put much real faith in them, and if I do it's going to be risking a much less dynamic asset than Kamara.

12 team PPR

I started a rebuild after starting slow and feeling that I had a pretty bad shot at making playoffs. These trades were made before last weeks games

I traded: Antonio Brown

I received: 2018 1st and 2nd, Devin Funchess and Carlos Henderson

The first and second are from the same team which would currently be the 1.1 and I would say is a lock for top 3. 

I traded: Powell

I received: 2018 third

guess I might have made out better if I held him for another week or two to see if he took off like he did and then hope to get a second but oh well

12 team PPR

I started a rebuild after starting slow and feeling that I had a pretty bad shot at making playoffs. These trades were made before last weeks games

I traded: Antonio Brown

I received: 2018 1st and 2nd, Devin Funchess and Carlos Henderson

The first and second are from the same team which would currently be the 1.1 and I would say is a lock for top 3. 

I traded: Powell

I received: 2018 third

guess I might have made out better if I held him for another week or two to see if he took off like he did and then hope to get a second but oh well
Powell deal is fine for both sides. I would want better prospects added to the picks for Brown

12 Team PPR:

Gave: Montgomery and Thielen 

Got: Dalvin

Monty was my RB 3 (still have Bell, CJ, Powell, Crowell, Ingram, Charles, McKissic, Ekeler) Thielen WR6 behind (OBJ, AJG, M. Thomas, Landry, Cooks).

This guy is also 4-0. He now gets a solid RB2 and WR3.
Thielen is a nice piece who's trade value is significantly lower than his points so far this year. Presumbly he needed a RB to replace Cook in his lineup so he trades for a guy that is already injured and we dont know when will be coming back? There's also a small risk that the 2 rookies behind him will show something before he's healthy again.

The fact that he is 4-0 actually adds to the not making sense part, no need to panic sell a guy who will be a 1st~2nd round startup pick next year for a RB2 that cant help you now and a WR3.

Thielen is a nice piece who's trade value is significantly lower than his points so far this year. Presumbly he needed a RB to replace Cook in his lineup so he trades for a guy that is already injured and we dont know when will be coming back? There's also a small risk that the 2 rookies behind him will show something before he's healthy again.

The fact that he is 4-0 actually adds to the not making sense part, no need to panic sell a guy who will be a 1st~2nd round startup pick next year for a RB2 that cant help you now and a WR3.
I agree he can't help him right here right now, but GB didn't use Monty so heavily because they think he is an inferior back. So when he comes back he should pick up as the top RB. Thielen will serve as a WR1-3 (his top 3 are now sanders, Crabtree, Thielen).

I think I got the better side of it but think both players help him achieve his objectives this year. 

I agree he can't help him right here right now, but GB didn't use Monty so heavily because they think he is an inferior back. So when he comes back he should pick up as the top RB. Thielen will serve as a WR1-3 (his top 3 are now sanders, Crabtree, Thielen).

I think I got the better side of it but think both players help him achieve his objectives this year. 
He made a bad trade.  Bad value and bad for his situation. 

You made a great deal.  You don't need to defend his side.  There's not much to defend.

He made a bad trade.  Bad value and bad for his situation. 

You made a great deal.  You don't need to defend his side.  There's not much to defend.
Sure there is. 1st place is $600. If he's able to win 1st or 2nd as a result of picking up 2 starters it's well worth it. Again, I got the best of it (possible top 20 asset all for bench players) I know, but he wanted to protect his position (playing 2nd place team in division and could have a 4 game lead after this week) and allow himself a chance at a run. He got that. He posted Cook was available 3 days ago and got numerous offers. Mine apparently was the best one. He got some guys that are more than rentals. In his boat I don't make that deal but that's not to say it won't work out even though it's poor value based on where we are right now.

16 team 1.5 TE PPR

McCoy

for

Two (2018) 2nd round picks

2018 3rd round pick

2018 4th round pick

Non-ppr IDP Zealots

Got

Thomas, Michael NOS WR

Gave

McCaffrey, Christian CAR RB

2018 Round 2 Draft Pick

$20.00 in blind bidding (Not a huge deal to me)

jeaton6 said:
In terms of pure value market value YES. Not everyone is motivated by this, however. 
True.  Some people are motivated by winning NOW at all costs even though they play dynasty.  Next 10 years be damned!!!!

Is this a Zealots league? That is a horrible return for AB in a league with such large rosters.
Antonio Brown, 2018 2nd round pick, 2018 5th round pick

for 

Tarik Cohen, Matt Breida, 2018 1st round pick, 2018 4th round pick

12 team, 53 man rosters, IDP.

This is a zealots league. This is how the trade was proposed to me and I took a full day before accepting because I am really short at RB and hated losing Cohen but in the end I too felt I couldn't pass up on adding Brown. I had to start Jalen Richard at RB this week because David Johnson is hurt and C.J. Anderson is on bye but overall I just couldn't pass this up.

Feel like I got insanely lucky yesterday...received this offer from a team desperate for a TE and wealthy at QB:

I get :  Matt Ryan, Danny Amendola, 2018 first

I Give :  Zach Ertz, 2018 3rd

I then went to a team ready to gut and start over

I get :  Julio Jones

I give:  2 2018 1sts, Orleans Darkwa

10 team PPR, 35 player rosters. 

Deshaun Watson + 2018 2nd for 2018 mid first (projected) 

Team getting Watson only has cousins and some backup scrub

Users who are viewing this thread