What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

Quick math pop quiz:  does OBJ = ODB?   Given the data above, apparently it does.  But what else can we learn?  Well, we know that we can eliminate the O's from each side of the equation, due to the, eh, Theory of Relativity or something.  So that narrows it down a little.   And what about the rest of it?  Well, while we can't yet entirely solve for DB (I think we can rule out Defensive Back), we know that DB is something very, very good, because we now see that DB = BJ.  See?  You just can't run from the math.

DansRams said:
Another trade, same league as the Brown/Graham trade

Dez

for

1.01 and Kevin White

Team trading Dez is the same rebuilding team that traded JG

Team getting Dez was one stud wr (Dez) from being a major contender 
I like the Dez side but OK return in a rebuild

Zyphros said:
2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr league

Traded away: Nick Foles

Got: Justin Hardy

Basically I was a huge fan of Hardy last year and I'm still good at QB.  Foles was going to be a drop.
Assuming 10-12 teams I guess I might trade Foles away for Hardy

Poncho said:
OBJ

for

1.1/Josh Gordon/Devante Parker
I would probably keep OBJ but the upside on the other side of this deal is probably better if everything works out perfect

battlestar said:
14 Team PPR Salary Cap ($140) and Contract League (max 3 years)
Start 1-2 Qb, 1-2 RB, 1-2 WR, 1-2 TE IDP

Gave - Demarco Murray $3 - 1 yr contract 

Got - Gio Bernard $13 - 3 yr contract
Murray for me

eNdblu said:
Not involved

16tm TE prem PPR 1QB 2-4RB 2-4WR 1-3TE 1-2DL 2-3LB 1-2DB (Tackle heavy scoring)

Team A gave up Jeffery, Alshon CHI WR; Matthews, Rishard MIA WR; Harvin, Percy BUF WR; Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick
Team B gave up Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.01; Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.08; Year 2017 Round 1 Draft Pick; Year 2017 Round 2 Draft Pick; Royal, Eddie CHI WR; Casey, Jurrell TEN DE; McPhee, Pernell CHI LB

Team A barely missed the playoffs last year, Team B made the playoffs and earned the 1.11
Same league

Team A gave up Floyd, Michael ARI WR; 3.08
Team C gave up Adams, Davante GBP WR; 1.13; 4.13; (late) 2017 2nd

Team A gave up Watt, J.J. HOU DE; (mid?) 2017 1st from Team A; (late?) 2017 1st from Team B; 4.08; 4.13
Team D gave up Eifert, Tyler CIN TE; 1.02; Anthony, Stephone NOS LB; Nelson, J.J. ARI WR; 2.11; 2.15

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think about giving up Torrey Smith and getting Charcandrick West?  I'm a Charles owner.  Torrey Smith is virtually worthless to me - so hard to start because he's always so inconsistent and he has no QB now.  But not sure Charcandrick has any future with Ware there.

What do you think about giving up Torrey Smith and getting Charcandrick West?  I'm a Charles owner.  Torrey Smith is virtually worthless to me - so hard to start because he's always so inconsistent and he has no QB now.  But not sure Charcandrick has any future with Ware there.
crap for crap.  guess just pick who you feel is the lesser of the garbage.

crap for crap.  guess just pick who you feel is the lesser of the garbage.
If West is a good Charles handcuff it's not crap.  Just have no clue where KC is going there.

My WRs aren't the greatest bunch:

Aiken, Kamar

Baldwin, Doug

Beckham, Odell

Harris, Dwayne

Jackson, Vincent

Parker, DeVante

Smith, Torrey

Stills, Kenny

Last edited by a moderator:
Do it.  West's chance of doing what he did last season seems easily better than Torrey's chances of suddenly becoming a consistent FF starter again, plus West is younger by far.

DansRams said:
Another trade, same league as the Brown/Graham trade

Dez

for

1.01 and Kevin White

Team trading Dez is the same rebuilding team that traded JG

Team getting Dez was one stud wr (Dez) from being a major contender 
A trade that makes sense for both teams??????????  Sound the alarm

jmo87usc said:
Team A gave: Kevin white, Spencer Ware

Team B gave: Jeremy Langford, Wilkie Snead 
Give me the White side.  I don't see Langford as significantly ahead of Ware...certainly not Snead-for-White better.

Weird trade, I'm not a fan of either particularly, I think Dez is the better player on paper, worth more for sure.

jmo87usc said:
Team A gave: Kevin white, Spencer Ware

Team B gave: Jeremy Langford, Wilkie Snead 
it would depend on my roster but id take the langford side, langford showed that he can play and the bears have pretty much said he is there main guy now so he should be atleast a solid RB2, cooks gets a bunch of love in NO but snead doesnt even though snead put up pretty close to the same stats in a per game basis other then the tds. Cooks was around 5-72 a game with 9 tds while playing all 16 games, snead was around 5-70 a game with 3 tds in 14 games played. White has a bunch of potential but he also hasnt played a down of NFL football yet so no one knows if he will actually produce.

If i had a pretty deep bench and wanted more of a lottery ticket then i could see going with white

12 Team 1PPR, Superflex, QB/QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FL

Team A Gets: Brandon Marshall
Team B Gets: Adrian Peterson

Team A was loaded at RB, weaker at WR with no depth. Team B was loaded at WR, weaker at RB with no depth at that position. Both have contending rosters:

A's lineup as of now: Newton/Brady, Forte/Hyde/Langford/+, Marshall/Hilton/Benjamin/Sanders, Reed/Ertz

B's lineup as of now: Rodgers/Stafford, Peterson/Stewart/NChubb, AJG/Dez/KAllen/Cobb, Graham

Team A was loaded at RB, weaker at WR with no depth. Team B was loaded at WR, weaker at RB with no depth at that position. Both have contending rosters:

A's lineup as of now: Newton/Brady, Forte/Hyde/Langford/+, Marshall/Hilton/Benjamin/Sanders, Reed/Ertz

B's lineup as of now: Rodgers/Stafford, Peterson/Stewart/NChubb, AJG/Dez/KAllen/Cobb, Graham
team B wins by a lot

Trade makes sense for both team but more sense for team getting AP as the has WR's to burn and a sorry RB1 and AP at minimum will buy him a year of waiting on Chubb.

But in terms of player for player I'd rather have Marshall than Peterson so to me it's an even trade.

it would depend on my roster but id take the langford side, langford showed that he can play and the bears have pretty much said he is there main guy now so he should be atleast a solid RB2, cooks gets a bunch of love in NO but snead doesnt even though snead put up pretty close to the same stats in a per game basis other then the tds. Cooks was around 5-72 a game with 9 tds while playing all 16 games, snead was around 5-70 a game with 3 tds in 14 games played. White has a bunch of potential but he also hasnt played a down of NFL football yet so no one knows if he will actually produce.

If i had a pretty deep bench and wanted more of a lottery ticket then i could see going with white

Langford is a JAG and so is  Snead but he might even end up being the best piece he got back. Kevin White in a landslide regardless of my roster makeup.

Standard Scoring

Team A:

Jaelen Strong

Team B:

Sammie Coates

Team C:

Colin Kaepernick

Team D:

Robert Griffin III
These are interesting trades...both involve a swap of players with similar circumstances.  I like the Strong side in the first, it feels like the owner is punting based on the recent arrest.  Could see the argument for Coates, but not sold on him.

Kap vs. Griffin to me depends entirely on their landing spot.  I wouldn't be inclined to deal for either without that info.

12 team PPR:

Russ Wilson and Javorius Allen for 1.8 and Gio.  I picked up Russ side. Loaded at RB (Freeman, Lacy, Ingram, Forte, McCoy, Lewis, CJ, Latavius) and have a lot of QBs but no one special (Cousins, Romo, Tyrod, Brock, Sam).  

Didn't feel like I gave up much at RB for this upgrade.

12 team ppr dynasty

Traded winston and 2.12 for 2017 first.   The team finished last this past season so top three pick next year is very very possible.  Start 1 qb league and I have bortles and ryan.

I thought the White and 1.1 side versus Dez won by a whopping margin.
I can understand why.  If you take the start up values for all three pieces involved the value side likely points towards White and the first rookie taken. However, for a top end team looking to push for a few titles, I will side with Dez slated into my lineup for a few years.  Who knows if/when White becomes anything, and IMO this draft is not strong at the top compared to most any other year.  I will overpay a bit to make my lineup stronger during the window where I am competing as a top team. 

If I have a middle of the road team (or especially a rebuilder) then yeah, I would go with White and pick 1. 

In a few different leagues all 12tm ppr:

Gave Peterson, Edelman, Walker, 1.05 .... Received Allen Robinson (WR slight pt advantage in scoring rules)

Gave 2016 3.01, 3.11 .... Received Dalton, Kenny Bell

Gave Sanu .... Received Mason

Gave Seth Roberts, 3.06 .... Received Khiry, 3.01

Gave Lamar Miller, Hankerson, 4.08 .... Received Hyde, Lockett, 3.03

Gave 2.12, Blue for 2.09

Gave Clay, 2.09 for Walford, 3.12 (1.25ppr for TE)

That's how I read it.  I wouldn't say terrible, but I'd gladly move my third QB and a late 2 for a chance at Chubb, Fournette or Cook..
I would for sure say paying that price for Winston is terrible and I'd happily move him for that if I did not have another QB on my roster. 

I would for sure say paying that price for Winston is terrible and I'd happily move him for that if I did not have another QB on my roster. 
Would you do it for RWilson?  Just curious the cut-off for QB

I just ask because if someone thinks Winston is the next dynasty stud QB a 2017 1st might look pretty cheap to them.  I don't think I would trade Luck/Rodgers/Newton for that and I don't value QB's very highly in 12 team start 1QB leagues

I would agree if the pick had already been decided as a top three.  I'm sure the owner trading it away is hopeful that it won't be as bad as projected.

Would you do it for RWilson?  Just curious the cut-off for QB

I just ask because if someone thinks Winston is the next dynasty stud QB a 2017 1st might look pretty cheap to them.  I don't think I would trade Luck/Rodgers/Newton for that and I don't value QB's very highly in 12 team start 1QB leagues
No I'd not it for Wilson  either but that's getting closer to being in range. Depends on league and team makeup if I'd do it for a Luck/Newton type. Basically would probably need to have a team with no QB and loaded everywhere else.  I tend to value QB's  as little as you'll see in 12 team one start QB leagues so in terms of finding someone to pay a premium for a QB I'm a tough sale.  I've done 4 startup drafts over last 3 off-seasons and  in those 4 drafts I've been the last team to take a QB in each league and I'd classify each team as solid to spectacular at QB. They just are usually very easy to find in my experience.

In terms of Winston maybe reaching that next dynasty stud status it's possible but I think he's already paying for that so I don't see a lot of upside in this move. I'd have looked at bargain price for someone instead of paying what I view as full premium on the basis on what someone might be especially to a team that had 3 quality QB's already for one starting lineup spot.

Uh-oh.  Wait a minute.  Just checking my notes here.  Yup, that was me.  Oh well...
I thought it was an even trade myself, just made sense for me to do since I had Coleman otherwise I'd have just hung onto Yeldon who I admit to probably being higher on than most people.  I think things are going to work out way better for you on that trade than had I accepted your offer for Freeman before the season started, if you even remember, wish I could forget.

Would love some opinions here guys.

Lacy, green beckham , eifert and micheal kendricks. (Contender )

For

1.1 , 2.1 , mariotta (desperate for depth and starters)

10tm league, 50 man rosters .5 ppr rb/wr 1 ppr for te, high scoring for idps.

this isnt a completed trade but an offer that we both worked on quite a bit and that has just been sittin there forever now.  Fair deal? Lopsided?  Whatcha think

I thought it was an even trade myself, just made sense for me to do since I had Coleman otherwise I'd have just hung onto Yeldon who I admit to probably being higher on than most people.  I think things are going to work out way better for you on that trade than had I accepted your offer for Freeman before the season started, if you even remember, wish I could forget.
I know exactly how you feel Meno, I am in the same boat  :hot:

Also agree that trade will ultimately end up looking very fair to both parties.

Users who are viewing this thread