What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

2 trades, same league QRRWWTFFKD PPR, 12 teams

A gave Jimmy garapalo and Carlos Hyde

B gave jameis Winston and Devonta Freeman.  

B gave Teddy Bridgewater

C gave Jordan Matthews
Give me freeman

give me Matthews, wr is easier to flip and I don’t like either player.

Not involved.  10-team PPR with IDP. 

Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Brandin Cooks 

for 

LeSean McCoy, Adam Thielen, 3.10

Both teams are title contenders.
Assuming roster size isn't a problem, I'd go with the youth side of the trade. I suspect one of those RBs has similar fantasy numbers to McCoy this season. Cooks and Thielen should be similar, too, but with Cooks being like 3 years younger.

Give me freeman

give me Matthews, wr is easier to flip and I don’t like either player.
Agree with this take as well.

Freeman in first one easily.

I saw someone give a 5th for Jordan Matthews yesterday. That's not a lot but it's more than anyone is giving for Teddy B so he has some value.

JPeso said:
FFPC does not do a great job of watching this type of behavior. Some “respected” owners leave crappy teams when they run them in to the ground only to keep their decent teams and join new leagues. This is probably the biggest qualm I have with the format with thousands tied up league fees. I have suggested to the FFPC owners on several occasions to have a blacklist of dynasty like this, but they do not seem to care. 
I definitely wish they would blacklist the "pump and dump" owners who do what you describe above. At least they have enough of a deposit to drastically discount a bad team for sale.

-OZ- said:
2 trades, same league QRRWWTFFKD PPR, 12 teams

A gave Jimmy garapalo and Carlos Hyde

B gave jameis Winston and Devonta Freeman.  

B gave Teddy Bridgewater

C gave Jordan Matthews
Winston/Freeman 

Matthews

TheBottomLine said:
Not involved.  10-team PPR with IDP. 

Jamaal Williams, Ty Montgomery, Aaron Jones, Brandin Cooks 

for 

LeSean McCoy, Adam Thielen, 3.10

Both teams are title contenders.
I like McCoy and Thielen here.  I have zero faith in any of those packer players plus they all burn up to many roster spots.

JPeso said:
Yeah, which is why I think they don’t care much. It doesn’t help the league itself, but they seem fine with it. Given they collect deposits, they can discount quite a bit. 
So what's the problem?  Do the discounts take away from the league pot?  I'd think that as long as the long-term health of the league isn't jeopardized then having dead money for a year or two would be a good thing.  I certainly welcome it at my poker game whenever possible.

JPeso said:
FFPC does not do a great job of watching this type of behavior. Some “respected” owners leave crappy teams when they run them in to the ground only to keep their decent teams and join new leagues. This is probably the biggest qualm I have with the format with thousands tied up league fees. I have suggested to the FFPC owners on several occasions to have a blacklist of dynasty like this, but they do not seem to care. 

I definitely wish they would blacklist the "pump and dump" owners who do what you describe above. At least they have enough of a deposit to drastically discount a bad team for sale.

So what's the problem?  Do the discounts take away from the league pot?  I'd think that as long as the long-term health of the league isn't jeopardized then having dead money for a year or two would be a good thing.  I certainly welcome it at my poker game whenever possible.
I don't have a problem with "respected" owners draining teams for all they got and leaving. I don't in fact "respect" it or them for it but it's perfectly ok to leave a league if you wish and someone else wants to buy your team. Leagues are not folding because of anyone leaving. I just think almost every time I've seen a "respected" owner do this they are full of crap as to the real reason why. The main go to being "I'm looking to cut back" when they are often out joining new leagues or just always "looking to cut back" on rosters where the bottom looks like it's about to drop out.

What is a problem is that some owners are just so awful they screw the competitive balance of leagues. I'd like to see teams like that get black listed if they habitually screw leagues but asking owners of a business to stop accepting money from customers is asking a lot.  They do a great job of getting leagues filled up and so long as they do that I don't have much to say but on who is or is not allowed in leagues.  But some owners are so bad I just hate it. One such owner existed in a few FFPC leagues last year, he had told me he bought 8 orphan teams, he's gone in all the leagues I know about and this is just the kind of guy I'd not let buy another team. He gobbled up a bunch of orphan teams and sold off every halfway decent part and left them with close to nothing. He was so bad he bought one $750 orphan team and after just a few weeks of dismantling it sold it for a loss at just a $150 price. That's just a few weeks of off-season and the team lost that much value. This kind of an owner is a problem. They leave teams so bad that if I'm just amazed someone wants to buy them but they do.

12 team PPR

Aaron Rodgers and Jimmy Graham

for

Ertz and 1.11
Ertz by a lot assuming it's 1 QB.  Rodgers in a landslide if superflex.

edit: actually need more info like lineups - TE required?  

Last edited by a moderator:
Ertz by a lot assuming it's 1 QB.  Rodgers in a landslide if superflex.

edit: actually need more info like lineups - TE required?  
TE is required.

I gave up Ertz. I have Reed, Rudolph, and Graham now at TE. I figure I should be able to piece together good TE production with that group. My only QB was Winston and I felt like I needed a serious upgrade there. I also own Adams and Jordy, for reference.

He has Watson at QB still.

TE is required.

I gave up Ertz. I have Reed, Rudolph, and Graham now at TE. I figure I should be able to piece together good TE production with that group. My only QB was Winston and I felt like I needed a serious upgrade there. I also own Adams and Jordy, for reference.

He has Watson at QB still.
That deal makes sense for you...it is not giving up that much when you consider how big of an upgrade you just got at QB...

Tate if competing and the picks in a rebuild. Don't think you can get much more for Tate in the off season
The owner getting the picks is the defending champ and has one of the top 2 or 3 rosters.  He does have plenty of depth at WR, however--OBJ, Adams, Hilton, Gordon, Parker. 

Tate will be my WR2 for now.  I'm loaded at RB (Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Cook), but only had Evans and Westbrook at WR.  

The owner getting the picks is the defending champ and has one of the top 2 or 3 rosters.  He does have plenty of depth at WR, however--OBJ, Adams, Hilton, Gordon, Parker. 

Tate will be my WR2 for now.  I'm loaded at RB (Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, Hunt, Cook), but only had Evans and Westbrook at WR.  
He must feel comfortable with Parker and Gordon but ,I would have kept Tate with those wr's. 

Tate fits in nicely for you with your stud backs and Evans.

Hankmoody said:
Ok so it wasn't Rodgers for Goff and 1.01 it was Rodgers for Goff and a future 1st that looked early and you hit the jackpot on.  That is so deceptive the way you put it.
No, it was guaranteed to be the 1.01 when the trade happened...

Concept Coop said:

Man, in a way it would suck to be that loaded at RB. There's no way you pick the right guys each week to start. I mean, it doesn't really matter if you are wrong, but it must be agonizing. 

12 team PPR.

Team A gave Brandin Cooks and JuJu

Team B gave Funchess and Tyreek
Difference between Juju and Funchess is much larger than between Hill and Cooks, so give me Cooks/JuJu side.

I could see any of Cooks/JuJu/Hill being the best piece long-term.  I would be shocked if Funchess ends up being that guy.

Is the league asking about this trade? It seems bizarre and I could see no reason to even entertain that offer if this is a 1QB league. The trade would be closer if the pick was left out of the equation. 
No one ever questioned it as they shouldn't. No voting bs. People can run their teams as they see fit.

Cooks and JuJu, even though Hill is the most valuable part.
Exactly how I see it. Hill most valuable guy, but the Funchess part of the equation is dragging down his side.

Difference between Juju and Funchess is much larger than between Hill and Cooks, so give me Cooks/JuJu side.
Always interesting seeing how some people break down players in a trade. Whereas you looked at difference of  JuJu to Funchess and Hill to Cooks I immediately saw it as Hill vs JuJu and Cooks vs Funchess. ETA if I'm looking at it your way I view difference between Hill and Cooks as large, just not as big as the difference JuJu and Funchess. I can't even quantify why I just don't trust Funchess. He's still super young, had a bit of a breakout season, I just can't seem to look at him as the ascending player I normally would a player in his position.

Exactly how I see it. Hill most valuable guy, but the Funchess part of the equation is dragging down his side.

Always interesting seeing how some people break down players in a trade. Whereas you looked at difference of  JuJu to Funchess and Hill to Cooks I immediately saw it as Hill vs JuJu and Cooks vs Funchess.
I looked at it as:

Hill>>Cooks

JuJu>>>>Funchess

I'm very high on both Tyreek, JuJu

edited to add: so as much as I love Tyreek, the swath between JuJu and Funchess leads me to the Cooks & JuJu side.

You would take Cooks over JuJu?
Personally that’s very tough because I’m really high on JuJu. I see him reaching elite status in a couple years. But I would have to take Cooks in that deal for value-sake. I’d then try to flip him.

The >>>> between JuJu and Funchess speaks more to my lack of faith in Funchess. Don’t think much of him at all. 

10 team PPR

Sammy Watkins for a 2019 (not '18, but 2019) first - likely top 3 if we're being honest, and Kevin White. 

*Team trading Watkins already has Julio, K Allen, Cooks, and Larry Fitz.

Personally that’s very tough because I’m really high on JuJu. I see him reaching elite status in a couple years. But I would have to take Cooks in that deal for value-sake. I’d then try to flip him.
Knew you were fond of JuJu which is why I asked.  I actually had no idea Cooks was considered a more valuable commodity in dynasty, I value JuJu a good amount over him and would pay more for him right now then Cooks.

I would tend to agree that JuJu will reach elite status in a few years but he was pretty much on par with Cooks last year in PPG. That was last year and I'd take Cooks over JuJu in redraft but got it a lot closer than most likely do.

Users who are viewing this thread