What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

A few trades in a 32 team idp league, ppr, QRWWWTFFK 11 starters on defense (players available twice)

Crabtree, Michael BAL WR for 2.31, 4.07

McKinney, Benardrick HOU LB; Schobert, Joe CLE LB; Smith, Jaylon DAL LB

For all of the other team's 2020 picks, 7 rounds, should be late.

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR; Wallace, Mike BAL WR for picks 4.09; 4.26; 6.26; 2019 3rd, probably mid.

Garoppolo, 6.28; 7.28 for Brady,  2.18

Johnson, David ARI RB for Tannehill, 2.08; 2.18; Year 2019 2nd; 2020 3rd

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB for Prosise, Tyreek 

I'll admit it here, the DJ trade made me :X
I must have glossed over the DJ trade....if I'd known he was selling this cheaply I would have thrown my bid in the ring  :loco:

12 team ppr QB - 2 RB - 3WR - TE - FL

Team A gave up Meredith, Cameron CHI WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 2.12

Team B gave up Cobb, Randall GBP WR; Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.01

A few trades in a 32 team idp league, ppr, QRWWWTFFK 11 starters on defense (players available twice)

Crabtree, Michael BAL WR for 2.31, 4.07

McKinney, Benardrick HOU LB; Schobert, Joe CLE LB; Smith, Jaylon DAL LB

For all of the other team's 2020 picks, 7 rounds, should be late.

Fitzgerald, Larry ARI WR; Wallace, Mike BAL WR for picks 4.09; 4.26; 6.26; 2019 3rd, probably mid.

Garoppolo, 6.28; 7.28 for Brady,  2.18

Johnson, David ARI RB for Tannehill, 2.08; 2.18; Year 2019 2nd; 2020 3rd

Gordon, Melvin LAC RB for Prosise, Tyreek 

I'll admit it here, the DJ trade made me :X
That DJ trade belongs in the worst offers thread. That’s horrible.

it's shockingly bad. It seems impossible that some one would accept an offer like that. 32 team league so QBs are much more valuable (but so are studs like DJ) but Tannehill and  a few darts for DJ?

Especially with Tannehill possibly not even keeping his job all season if Miami drafts a QB.

We don't veto but it's tempting here. 

He's a new owner and clearly values players differently than most in the league. The new perspective is great to see but I hope he doesn't regret his decisions too much. 

it's shockingly bad. It seems impossible that some one would accept an offer like that. 32 team league so QBs are much more valuable (but so are studs like DJ) but Tannehill and  a few darts for DJ?

Especially with Tannehill possibly not even keeping his job all season if Miami drafts a QB.
32 teams but duplicate players. Plays out like a 16 team league. So sure, good QBs are worth more. If instead of Tannehill it were Watson or Rodgers, the trade would be almost fair.

He's a new owner and clearly values players differently than most in the league. The new perspective is great to see but I hope he doesn't regret his decisions too much. 
Did the commish at least force the team trading DJ away to justify it? I missed the part about duplicate players (but should have assumed it) and that makes things even worse. As you said QBs are still tougher to come by - but again so are studs - but Tannehill isn't even good.

Did the commish at least force the team trading DJ away to justify it? I missed the part about duplicate players (but should have assumed it) and that makes things even worse. As you said QBs are still tougher to come by - but again so are studs - but Tannehill isn't even good.
I'm one of the commishes, and no. Not yet anyway.

I know what Cobb is.  A WR3 (probably best as a bye week filler though), with good days as a WR2 but rarely.  Meredith could be a #1 target still in his career and the pick upgrade?  That's the side I want.

I'm one of the commishes, and no. Not yet anyway.
I don't think it would be overstepping a commissioner's bounds to ask for an explanation. I'm with you on the "no-veto" style of commissioning but that one is horrific and on the surface looks like collusion - I doubt it is, but just saying it seems hard to believe anyone would make that trade hoping to better their team. Of course some owners are just bad.

I’m not a fan of vetos in general but I think you have to here.  If I was a member of that league I’d seriously consider leaving if a trade like that was allowed to go through 

I don't think it would be overstepping a commissioner's bounds to ask for an explanation. I'm with you on the "no-veto" style of commissioning but that one is horrific and on the surface looks like collusion - I doubt it is, but just saying it seems hard to believe anyone would make that trade hoping to better their team. Of course some owners are just bad.
I agree, and I agree with @Raback too. The trade is so bad, and the owner is new, so it might be an indication that it's already time to replace that owner. That team is going to go into the crapper real quick with trades like that, and then you have a horrible team in a 32-team league (or 16 ish) that is going to be VERY hard to rebuild.

i wasn’t involved;

1.01, Funchess

for

1.03, 1.07, Allen Robinson, George Kittle

Team moving the 1.01 had no TEs to speak of so maybe Kittle was a bigger piece than normal. Initial reaction was it’s pretty fair.
This is about probably the cusp of what I would accept to give up the 1.01, pretty even imo

10-team PPR with IDP and deep rosters.  Not involved.

A gives 1.02

B gives 1.06, 2.04, 3.06, 2019 2nd (early), 2019 2nd (late), 2019 3rd (early)

Both teams are in a rebuild, especially team B.  B also owns 1.01.  
I like this move for team B, rebuilds go quicker when you can get two cornerstone players

fair but give me cam and the pick

14 team PPR, 6 pt passing TD, QRRWWTFF

I gave: Andrew Luck

I got: Jerick McKinnon 

I’m not sure Luck ever returns to previous form, and I still have Goff/Rivers at QB so I felt I could afford to move him.  I think McKinnon is at worst an RB2 next year with RB1 upside.  

I’m not sure Luck ever returns to previous form, and I still have Goff/Rivers at QB so I felt I could afford to move him.  I think McKinnon is at worst an RB2 next year with RB1 upside.  
I like that deal for you

I think it likely helps your roster, considering your other QBs.  That said, I'd happily pay this for Luck if I needed a QB in a 14 Tm, 6pt league.  

So 1.02, 2.01, 3.12, Watkins and Collins for 1.01?
No, got Watkins and 3.12 for Collins/2.01, flipped them.  Net is 1.02, 2.01, and Collins for 1.01 but that's a bit misleading, as the key is the owner played a (perceived) increase in Watkins' value to buy low and sell him him.  So that earned equity was part of what he gave.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team FFPC rules

Team A gives Tyreek Hill, 2.06

Team B gives McKinnon, Eifert
I don't even like Hill but I'll take that side.  If you're going for pure risk then I can see taking Eifert and McKinnon but that's ~70% risk when I'm only comfortable with ~65% risk on my rosters.  I can see it pan out pretty even after 2018 though.  Especially in FFPC where it's TE premium and full ppr.  

Tyreek for me and I think Mckinnon has value...
Agree and I'd add just bad team management by team paying for Eifert/McKinnon right now. That team just took on an extra roster spot pre-cuts and runs risk of 49'ers adding another RB which if anything could have just make McKinnons price drop at least a little. Why take that risk now when you are not freeing up a roster spot and already losing the deal? That's bad management 101. 

Frankly if I was 100% guaranteed the 49'ers would not add another RB I'd put McKinnons value as about half of Hill but running risk of his value dropping AND taking on extra roster spot just makes it worse.

And for the record I own McKinnon on what looks like a third of my teams and am ecstatic about his landing spot, was like one of best FA signings of a player I own that I can recall. Just did not make him as valuable as Hill.

Watkins owner flipped him:

Team A got 1.01

Team C got 1.02, 3.12, Sammy Watkins
1.1 in a big way...just don't see the need to make this deal...unless Watkins finally lives to the hype (and he is not trending that way) this deal has the potential to be a disaster...even if he does live up to the hype it could be a bad deal...a real underwhelming return for Barkley...

What exactly is FFPC?
Fantays Football Player's Championship.  Just a website that runs a lot of leagues, including dynasty leagues which all have the same format.  Smallish rosters (18 non-k/def in season, 14 in the offseason) that are TE premium and start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex. 

What exactly is FFPC?
Fantasy Football Players Championship. It's a branded site that offers dynasties and redrafts. Main takeaway is that it is PPR but 1.5 points per reception for TEs. Also you have to cut down to 16 players before the rookie draft. Roster spots are very valuable.

Agree and I'd add just bad team management by team paying for Eifert/McKinnon right now. That team just took on an extra roster spot pre-cuts and runs risk of 49'ers adding another RB which if anything could have just make McKinnons price drop at least a little. Why take that risk now when you are not freeing up a roster spot and already losing the deal? That's bad management 101. 

Frankly if I was 100% guaranteed the 49'ers would not add another RB I'd put McKinnons value as about half of Hill but running risk of his value dropping AND taking on extra roster spot just makes it worse.

And for the record I own McKinnon on what looks like a third of my teams and am ecstatic about his landing spot, was like one of best FA signings of a player I own that I can recall. Just did not make him as valuable as Hill.
Agreed. I love McKinnon's landing spot but I would prefer the Hill side a lot. I also am a known Eifert hater. The team picking up a player has room for it, though, IMO. If it was a TE I was excited about I would think about it. I am pretty big on Hill, though.

Fantays Football Player's Championship.  Just a website that runs a lot of leagues, including dynasty leagues which all have the same format.  Smallish rosters (18 non-k/def in season, 14 in the offseason) that are TE premium and start 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 flex. 
You guys like that format? 14 spots... that's really thin for dynasty. Almost forces a studs and duds approach. And with 18 spots, 2nd round picks have almost no value and 3rd round picks are a total waste.

12 team

Pprecdynasty w full idp

Team a gets Zeke Elliott, Dede westbrook, Brandon Graham 6.12

Team b gets jerrick mckinnon, t.y. Hilton, demaryious Thomas 2.05.

Last edited by a moderator:
FFPC is RB and TE heavy so I think this is closer than it appears at first glance, but I would still take Hill. 
I've never felt FFPC was RB heavy myself.   Like most leagues it goes with the flow. RB's are back in vogue but a few year run of the zero RB theory and people were loading up on WR's in FFPC leagues and leaving RB value all over the place. It's shifted now and RB's are getting gobbled up but probably like that in a lot of leagues now.

As for Eifert his value is arguably less relative to his position in FFPC then a single PPR TE league. He's never likely to catch a lot of passes. 2.6 is about right for him, but I will just not be able to see McKinnon as close to Hill.

You guys like that format? 14 spots... that's really thin for dynasty. Almost forces a studs and duds approach. And with 18 spots, 2nd round picks have almost no value and 3rd round picks are a total waste.
What I'm big on with respect to the format is the 1.5 TE PPR and dual flex. I don't really want to play anything else. Really enjoy the different options that provides.

I sort of cut my teeth in dynasty with FFPC leagues so the smaller roster spots are more the norm for me, I think some people who are used to a different format might have a bigger issue. I'm in some private leagues which use FFPC scoring but allow slightly larger roster sizes and can't say it really makes much of a big deal to me either way.  I feel like I got tough cuts no matter what. One of my non-FFPC leagues has roster size of 22 and my cuts are just as difficult in that league next week as my FFPC leagues.

I still put a value on second round picks myself but as we get later into the rounds most of the time if the player does not impress in camp/preseason he never makes it to opening week I've cut a ton of good players, no telling how many good players I did not pick up because I chose to be patient and roster a high draft pick. Win some, lose some. It's a struggle managing the roster at times, but I think I sort of enjoy the format forcing people to make hard calls versus maybe a 22-25 man roster size which sometimes feels more like hording.

I generally prefer larger rosters and am only in one FFPC league (by far the shortest rosters of any league I play) but the overall stability and near guarantee that the league is going to be around long term is one big selling point.  And while I don't generally prefer the smaller rosters I do have to admit it makes the offseason exciting.  My other leagues are fairly quiet right now but my ffpc league is just one trade after another as people try and re-organize for cuts.

ftr, roster cutdown prior to rookie draft is 16, but after that there is no roster limit until reg season (sept 2) and you can carry as many players as you want thru summer. So later rd draft picks still have decent value imho.

Users who are viewing this thread