What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Trading isnt about getting the elite player every time.
This is where team situation and overall roster comes in. We analyze things in this thread necessarily in a vacuum. But if you are trading from a strong, deep roster, it can make sense to pay even 4 dimes for one quarter, much less three.On the other hand, if you start from a roster of mud, trading your one quarter for a bunch of potential dimes might be the smart play. I see Cousins as a good potential dime, and an argument can be made for Murray as well.

If Sanders was replaced with a lower current value but higher upside guy, like maybe a Perriman or Moncreif, I wonder how many Green voters would flip their view?

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading isnt about getting the elite player every time.
This is where team situation and overall roster comes in. We analyze things in this thread necessarily in a vacuum. But if you are trading from a strong, deep roster, it can make sense to pay even 4 dimes for one quarter, much less three.On the other hand, if you start from a roster of mud, trading your one quarter for a bunch of potential dimes might be the smart play. I see Cousins as a good potential dime, and an argument can be made for Murray as well.

If Sanders was replaced with a lower current value but higher upside guy, like maybe a Perriman or Moncreif, I wonder how many Green voters would flip their view?
That's a good point and it would change things somewhat. All the decent guys on the nickel side are older and don't have any potential to become quarters, their upside value is capped at about a dime (a Qb won't be valued highly unless they are a top tier QB).

Permian and Montcrief at least have "some" hope to become double dimes or possibly even quarters. They are young high potential prospects.

12 team PPR

Traded away Joe Flacco for Torrey Smith and Cecil Shorts

Torrey was drafted almost 10 rounds ahead of Flacco heading into 2015, so I'm going to bank on his QB situation eventually improving enough for him to be an inconsistent WR3 again. Shorts isn't important.

I have Luck, Bortles, Winston, and Fitzpatrick, so Flacco meant next to nothing to me. He'll be the other guy's top backup QB next year.

If I'm going to get nothing for Flacco, I'm damn well gonna get better nothing than Torrey freaking Smith.

If I'm going to get nothing for Flacco, I'm damn well gonna get better nothing than Torrey freaking Smith.
I suppose that depends on your opinion of Flacco and Smith. It's a PPR league where you can start up to 4 WRs, so yes, Smith has value to some people.

I see Flacco as a dime a dozen backup QB with no real trade value. Most teams have backups better than him him already, and in a 12 team, start 1 QB league, that means next to no trade value for a guy who's never going to QB a fantasy championship team.

Torrey Smith is about 8 months removed from being a 5th to 8th round pick in dynasty start-ups. One year with Kaepernick and Gabbert killed his production and maybe he never becomes useful again. But he has 3 seasons with over 7 TDs in the past 5 and I fully expect his situation to improve.

When you're only dealing Flacco, getting a guy who's been a WR3 three of the past five years isn't a bad haul, at least to me.

DGB

for

Fair trade. Not sure I can pick a favorite side till I see what this year's draft board looks like. Sort of deal I'd rather do in May than January, if it were me.

12 team PPR

Traded away Joe Flacco for Torrey Smith and Cecil Shorts

Torrey was drafted almost 10 rounds ahead of Flacco heading into 2015, so I'm going to bank on his QB situation eventually improving enough for him to be an inconsistent WR3 again. Shorts isn't important.

I have Luck, Bortles, Winston, and Fitzpatrick, so Flacco meant next to nothing to me. He'll be the other guy's top backup QB next year.
Would probably have preferred to unload Flacco for a prospect or pick, rather than an older receiver with limited upside. Not a ton of value to go around here on either side in a start-1QB league though.

Eric Decker , Denzel Perryman and 2016 2.11 pick

For

DGB and Mark Barron
Close deal but Barron playing LB with S eligibility won't happen again, won't even be playing that role I don't think with Ogletree back. I like Perryman quite a bit moving forward but this trade is really close. If I was rebuilding I'd take a shot on DGB but otherwise I'd probably take Decker, Perryman, and the pick.

fruity pebbles said:
TY Montgomery, Robert Quinn, Nelson Agholor and a couple minor guys for Keenan Allen.
Would really depend on IDP scoring and rules but if anything like my leagues I want the Quinn side

kutta said:
georg013 said:
Hill and Lacy for Melvin Gordon III?
What the hell? I own Gordon and would probably give him up for one of those guys.
As a Gordon owner who still believes he will be a very good NFL back despite his horrific rookie season, I would not trade him for Hill and Lacy.

That said, if I owned Hill and Lacy, it would be very difficult for me to justify offering both for Gordon.

Yes, I realize I like Gordon more than everyone else does. lol

kutta said:
georg013 said:
What the hell? I own Gordon and would probably give him up for one of those guys.
As a Gordon owner who still believes he will be a very good NFL back despite his horrific rookie season, I would not trade him for Hill and Lacy.

That said, if I owned Hill and Lacy, it would be very difficult for me to justify offering both for Gordon.

I hope you're right

10 team 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 30 man roster - Not involved

Team A traded: Michael Floyd, 2017 4th

Team B traded: Allen Hurns, 2017 2nd

Not involved...

16 teams PPR w/ 1.5PPR for TEs

QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2RB/WR/TE 1DL 2LB 1DB 1DL/LB/DB

Team A gave: LeVeon Bell

Team B gave: 1.11 & 1.15

Team A earned the 1.05, Team B earned the 1.11

Team A offered the deal

georg013 said:
odd one - I still believe in Gordon but I couldn't see his market being even one of those guys (maybe Hill), let alone both.
Yeah. I mean very reasonable with all disappointing that one-for-one swaps might happen but both proven guys for the unproven one?

12 team ppr QB-2RB-3WR-TE-FL

Very optimistic buy on Ertz

Floyd

Not involved...

Team A offered the deal
That is awful.
Team B also owns the 1.01

No idea why Team A went for the two lower picks
Probably hoping for a counter with the 1.01

Not involved...

Team A offered the deal
That is awful.
Team B also owns the 1.01

No idea why Team A went for the two lower picks
Probably hoping for a counter with the 1.01
I figure he misclicked on the 1.11 instead of the 1.01

Traded away Lavonte David for Travis Kelce AND Doug Martin. Yea he wanted David really bad. :)

DGB

for

I'll take the DBG side. I think he's going to be a really good player.
The only thing holding me back is the front office/coach situation. I want to see who they are bringing in to lead the team before acquiring anyone.
Nothing holding me back, trade makes no sense.

That's the area DBG was getting drafted last year when he was considered raw and would take some time and then like any rookie you had to hope his talent translated.

Now you burned a roster spot on him half the year which was likely expected. When he finally got a shot he started to produce. Was actually a nice writeup on titansonline.com which broke down his production versus other rookie WR's and broke it down further based on when Mularkey took over.

Short version is you took a raw player that needed some time, you spent the time, just started watching him come around and now you decide to bail and in a draft I don't consider overly deep.

Had a few trades this past week won't say my side, yet. All are 12tm PPR, last one is 14tm.

Team A: Cooks

Team B: Martavis Bryant, 1.10, 2.10

Team A: R.Cobb, Powell, 2.01

Team B: Hurns, J.Gordon, 1.12, 4.12, 5.12

Team A: J.Matthews, M.Lee, 1.08, 4.08

Team B: Cooks, Powell

Team A: D.Adams

Team B: Riddick, 2.10

Team A: J.Matthews, 1.14, 2.02

Team B: D.Hopkins

DGB

for

The only thing holding me back is the front office/coach situation. I want to see who they are bringing in to lead the team before acquiring anyone.

That's the area DBG was getting drafted last year when he was considered raw and would take some time and then like any rookie you had to hope his talent translated.

Now you burned a roster spot on him half the year which was likely expected. When he finally got a shot he started to produce. Was actually a nice writeup on titansonline.com which broke down his production versus other rookie WR's and broke it down further based on when Mularkey took over.

Short version is you took a raw player that needed some time, you spent the time, just started watching him come around and now you decide to bail and in a draft I don't consider overly deep.
To be fair you'd have said the same thing about cordarelle Patterson at the same time after his first year. You say you saw him making progress and paid to hang on to him all year, but the flip side of that is that you have him a while year to take the world by storm and he didn't. So you got a whole year to find out if he was a transcendent talent then cashed out for almost exactly what you paid for him.

It's also easier to find a trade partner for a draft pick than any specific player - so if you're planning on bundling 1.8 with something else to get a stud, this type of deal makes sense.

That said I don't have much of an opinion on DGB. In my eyes he's a high priced lottery ticket with medium high upside and no floor. I don't trust the situation but people I respect like the talent so I really have no idea where to value him.

Had a few trades this past week won't say my side, yet. All are 12tm PPR, last one is 14tm.

BryantCobb

Cooks but Matthews could make me regret it

Adams

Hopkins by a lot

I like Team B on all of these...only the Matthews/Cooks one is close imo.

Looks like Hurns lack of draft pedigree is going to dog him for his career. He's accomplished a heck of a lot more than Floyd in half the time, and his situation is more stable as well.

Looks like Hurns lack of draft pedigree is going to dog him for his career. He's accomplished a heck of a lot more than Floyd in half the time, and his situation is more stable as well.
I usually agree with you but I don't view Hurns as a stable asset. A lot of his points came off TDs. If you don't view Bortles' production as stable (garbage inflated year) neither is Hurns. Also Hurns' RFA status hurts his stability because he's a FA in 2017. Only had a 3 year contract. So what happens in 2017. Will JAX pony up the money to keep him there? What if Gus isn't the coach in 2017? Smart organizations would re-up a guy like Hurns this year, then he'd really be stable. But ultimately I like Floyd as a likely well paid FA more than Hurns as a 2017 risk.

DGB

for

Oh definitely, this one makes no sense at all.

As a hill owner I wouldn't trade Hill for either.

DGB

for

He dropped to early 2nd a few places. He was on a lot of people's avoid lists. It's decent value if you want to cash out. He didn't do enough to warrant getting traded for a top 3 pick and not much difference between 4/5 and 7/8 this year.

I usually agree with you but I don't view Hurns as a stable asset. A lot of his points came off TDs. If you don't view Bortles' production as stable (garbage inflated year) neither is Hurns. Also Hurns' RFA status hurts his stability because he's a FA in 2017. Only had a 3 year contract. So what happens in 2017. Will JAX pony up the money to keep him there? What if Gus isn't the coach in 2017? Smart organizations would re-up a guy like Hurns this year, then he'd really be stable. But ultimately I like Floyd as a likely well paid FA more than Hurns as a 2017 risk.
Doesn't Hurns being an rfa actually increase his odds to stay in 2017. Going by 2014 numbers, a 2nd round tender was just over $2m. A 1st tender, only a measly milly more. Factor in some inflation, it's still a layup decision for the jags to slap him with a tender and control him again till they work out a longer deal.

Doesn't Hurns being an rfa actually increase his odds to stay in 2017. Going by 2014 numbers, a 2nd round tender was just over $2m. A 1st tender, only a measly milly more. Factor in some inflation, it's still a layup decision for the jags to slap him with a tender and control him again till they work out a longer deal.
Probably, yeah. No one was given a 1st round tender last year. I doubt someone gives up a 2nd for him. If someone did it would be a good sign. Streater and Kearse were given 2nd round tenders last year and they're worse players.

Cooks

Cobb

Cooks

Adams

Hopkins

All are pretty close except Hopkins deal for me

Cooks

Cobb

Cooks

Adams

Hopkins

All are pretty close except Hopkins deal for me
I agree with all this, except I take the Hurns side over Cobb in the second deal.

And as everyone has said, the Hopkins deal is easily Hopkins.

Prefer Cooks over Bryant by a bit but would take the picks.

Cobb

Probably take Cooks, but HC/QB in Philly is enough to swing it the other way.

Adams easily

Hopkins easily

Users who are viewing this thread