What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

id rather have the cobb side but i understand the move, cobb technically probably didnt start for him and gordon could increase his value a lot more then cobb can so its a risky move but one that will pay off if gordon is reinstated and plays like he did in 2014

I agree, I'd take the Julio side but when you break it down it's pretty close.

I don't know startup ADP but in early FFPC redrafts Julio's ADP is probably around pick 3 and Robinson is more all over the board, might see him around 8 and as low as 14-15 in another draft but I'm just going to put his early FFPC redraft ADP around 10'ish. So factoring in the 4 year age gap I'd still take Julio over him in a startup and think most would but I feel confident thinking their ADP would only be off around 3-5 spots so not a big gap.

If I owned Freeman I'd put a large value on obtaining Coleman, more than the 2017#2. But if I don't own Freeman I'd put value of Coleman fairly close to 2017#2 and would depend on roster size and if I thought that pick had strong chance of being high second. All in all, seems equitable.

I'm wildly high on Mariotta, feel like he's got a solid shot to join Luck/Cam tier this time next season but already in FFPC format I'd probably rank him right around QB6. But it's FFPC and QB's are not real valuable until they actually hit that Cam/Luck or Wilson/Rodgers tier and the Ryan/Julio hookup can be fun. Very much prefer Mariotta but feel like he makes up the slight gap in Julio's vs Robinson.

So conclusion to me is an even trade but I have such a strong personal preference for Julio over Robinson that's the direction I'd want to go.
I traded away Julio, which was very difficult for me to do . He is probably my favorite fantasy player overall.  Probably not my #1 overall pick in a start up, just a guy I love to own. Which was reflected on my rosters. I owned him everywhere.  Same with Dez Bryant. Dez getting hurt last year hurt a lot if my teams.  This was basically a diversification and youth movement trade. Having him him on nearly 80% of my dynasty teams was great last year but an injury at FFPC stakes, hurts the pocketbook badly when you own a player that much.

Team A trades 2.12

Team B trades Matt Stafford
 a little bit of an overraction to calvin retiring.  i wouldn't expect stafford to fetch a ton right now but for a late 2nd I'd trade that for stafford easily.  might have to send a few offers out...

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A trades 2.12

Team B trades Matt Stafford
I realized I'm in this league and the last time Stafford was traded in this league was 3 years ago when I traded him for Antonio Brown, Greg Olsen and throw in Alex Smith. The good news for me was I won that trade, bad news is for the better part of last 3 years I've struggled at QB, which gets me to my point.

In an FFPC league or smaller roster one start QB league I'd consider this trade pretty even. Some of my teams I'd pass, some I'd accept. Basically the kind of deal that if you needed a QB and could get Stafford for 2.12 I think you are better off than the team getting the picks, but those leagues non-stud QB's are not easy to deal for equal value.

But since I know this league and now first hand how much I  struggled to get a solid QB or to find a cheap deal for one I have to conclude that Stafford was sold a little to cheaply.

I traded away Julio, which was very difficult for me to do . He is probably my favorite fantasy player overall.  Probably not my #1 overall pick in a start up, just a guy I love to own. Which was reflected on my rosters. I owned him everywhere.  Same with Dez Bryant. Dez getting hurt last year hurt a lot if my teams.  This was basically a diversification and youth movement trade. Having him him on nearly 80% of my dynasty teams was great last year but an injury at FFPC stakes, hurts the pocketbook badly when you own a player that much.
Like I said I thought the trade was pretty even. I've seen Robinson draw a ton this off-season as well he should, I picked the Julio side because of my affinity for him but does not mean I don't think the trade was equal. I was thinking of this when I read your reply but just realized this is the first off-season that Julio is not my #1 rated dynasty WR since 2012 when it was Calvin.

Not involoved

12 team w idp and te premium

q/r/www/t/ff

Team A gives

tyler Kroft

sanu

'16 1.05, 2.05

'17 1.05

team B gives

troy niklas

'16 1.01, 2.01

But that's the problem - figuring out when he'll be called on. He's a great talent that is misused by his team and makes for a maddening own in FFB.
He started the year strong and ended the season with like 6 or 7 straight sub 10 points games. That to me does not make figuring out when to use him that difficult, at least last year. You used him early, he cooled and after a few weeks it was time to jump ship if you had a better option.

But he's a low end RB2/RB3 type and those players score so low that asking for consistency among a group of people who don't produce a ton of points is very rare so if he's not consistent that's just standard for that type of player. Hill is another RB2/RB3 type who is wildly inconsistent and the very definition of a TD dependent player, failing to hit double digit points in a single game he did not reach the end zone. When these players average like 11-12 points a game you just don't get a lot of consistency.

But he scored 10 less TD's than Hill and still outproduced him in fantasy, he's be huge if Hill got hurt and he's also entering the final year of his contract so some hope he won't be underutilized his whole career.

All of this is why I'd take him over Marvin Jones.

Gio has a good amount of value with today's fantasy RB situation, even with his situation as is.

His talent level is high end RB1 production under the right set of circumstances, such as a Hill injury or moving to a team who utilizes the RBs for passing a lot more than Cincy. 

Not going to give up the farm for him or anything, but he seems like a nice "buy" right now.

And yes, taking him over Marvin Jones is a no brainer

And regarding the Stafford talk, in leagues like the FFPC I don't think Stafford has much value at all.  If he was my 2nd QB I would have dropped him at the cut down date. 

Gio has a good amount of value with today's fantasy RB situation, even with his situation as is.

His talent level is high end RB1 production under the right set of circumstances, such as a Hill injury or moving to a team who utilizes the RBs for passing a lot more than Cincy. 

Not going to give up the farm for him or anything, but he seems like a nice "buy" right now.

And yes, taking him over Marvin Jones is a no brainer
Yes, this is true.

I realized I'm in this league and the last time Stafford was traded in this league was 3 years ago when I traded him for Antonio Brown, Greg Olsen and throw in Alex Smith. The good news for me was I won that trade, bad news is for the better part of last 3 years I've struggled at QB, which gets me to my point.

In an FFPC league or smaller roster one start QB league I'd consider this trade pretty even. Some of my teams I'd pass, some I'd accept. Basically the kind of deal that if you needed a QB and could get Stafford for 2.12 I think you are better off than the team getting the picks, but those leagues non-stud QB's are not easy to deal for equal value.

But since I know this league and now first hand how much I  struggled to get a solid QB or to find a cheap deal for one I have to conclude that Stafford was sold a little to cheaply.
Actually I forgot about the trade in UFDL league, I was referring to another trade in a different league.  In the league I'm thinking about it was a 1 for 1 trade of Stafford for the 2.12.  In the UFDL league it was Stafford, a 3rd, and a 4th rd rookie picks for the 2.12 rookie pick.  Also, the UFDL league is a devy league, whereas the other league was not, it is a straight dynasty league.

I gave Devin Funchess

I got the 2.1 pick (11th overall) pick in 2016, which I plan use to get one of the three taxi players: D. Cook, Juju Smith or Dupri.

Fournette, Chubb and M. Williams (my player) are already drafted.

This trade was with the Cam Newton owner.

Tex

12 team 1/2 ppr, qrrwwwtftd

Team A gives AJG, 2016 2.04 and 2017 2nd (likely late 2nd)

Team B gives David Johnson, 2016 4.03 and 2017 1st (likely mid- to high-first)

10 team, non-ppr qrwwfft/idp

A gives - Hill, Gio Bernard, M Bennett

B gives - DGB, 2.3 and 2.7

C gives - Hyde, J Allen and Tali Lorenzo

D gives - 1.05 and a '17 1st

I gave Devin Funchess

I got the 2.1 pick (11th overall) pick in 2016, which I plan use to get one of the three taxi players: D. Cook, Juju Smith or Dupri.

Tex
I'll take Funchess here.

12 team 1/2 ppr, qrrwwwtftd

Team A gives AJG, 2016 2.04 and 2017 2nd (likely late 2nd)

Team B gives David Johnson, 2016 4.03 and 2017 1st (likely mid- to high-first)
Mid to high meaning mid to late 1st? If so I probably lean towards Green but if early 1st I'll take that side.

10 team, non-ppr qrwwfft/idp

A gives - Hill, Gio Bernard, M Bennett

B gives - DGB, 2.3 and 2.7

C gives - Hyde, J Allen and Tali Lorenzo

D gives - 1.05 and a '17 1st
Hill. I see the second one as really close unless the 1st projected to be early.

I gave Devin Funchess

Tex
Nice deal

Team C gave: Gio Bernard

Team D gave: 2016 3.1 and 2016 3.3
This seems really low for Gio, even in a one RB league. Then again, I don't play IDP, so the 3rds may be worth a lot more than I think they are (assuming all those D's mean defensive guys)

Cjw_55106 said:
Would it make any sense to try to trade the 1.02 and 1.10 for the 1.01 or just take whoever falls to me? 
Coleman is the best player in the draft, so trade down to even 1.03 and get more picks

I'll take Funchess here.
You like Funchess better? 

I already have Kevin Benjamin (who seems to be Cam's #1 option) and with the 11th pick I have several guys out of the 2017 draft ranked higher than Funchess.

I know it's a gamble but that's why I love this game!

Tex

BigTex said:
You like Funchess better? 

I already have Kevin Benjamin (who seems to be Cam's #1 option) and with the 11th pick I have several guys out of the 2017 draft ranked higher than Funchess.

I know it's a gamble but that's why I love this game!

Tex
I certainly understand your logic already owning Benji, the likelyhood that this offense is going to sustain two guys and being able to taxi one of your 3 targets who depending on landing spot could have more upside. I liked what I saw out of Funchess late in the year though, still pretty raw but showed improvement and a lot of room for growth. He was a late 1, early 2 in a lot of leagues last year and in this class I'd probably hold unless I got a late 1, though as a 10 teamer (sorry missed that), the value is probably about right.

Users who are viewing this thread