What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (18 Viewers)

12 team league.

Team A gave: Demaryius Thomas, Matt Forte, Ryan Tannehill

Team B gave: 1.03, 2017 1st rounder

B team is not very strong so 2017 pick will probably be high.

Last edited by a moderator:
I traded Michael Floyd & 1.06 for Thomas Rawls & 1.10.  I might be overpaying a bit on this one and the Reed for Hill deal, but my RBs were absolute crap.

14t PPR QRWWWTFFKDDDDDD

Not involved:

Team A gave up Forte, Matt NYJ RB;McFadden, Darren DAL RB;Murray, DeMarco TEN RB

Team B gave up Jones, Marvin DET WR; Year 2016 Draft Pick 2.05;Year 2016 Draft Pick 3.01;Year 2016 Draft Pick 7.05

Another from the same league:

Team C gave up Dalton, Andy CIN QB;Gore, Frank IND RB;Jones, Matt WAS RB;Barron, Mark RAM S; Year 2017 Round 4 Draft Pick; Year 2017 Round 7 Draft Pick

Team B gave up Newton, Cam CAR QB;Graham, Brandon PHI LB;Clinton-Dix, Ha Ha GBP S

What does  not matter if I agree or not? I did not call you a liar, if you say he's going that high I believe you, but I also know for a fact in the redraft leagues I'm in he's a 5th rounder and if I'm in a dynasty league with someone who spends a third or fourth round pick on him I just identified dead money. I don't place my value of a player on the value the low hanging fruit places on him.
I just don't get your point.  Langford >>>>> 2.2.    Sure, he has questions marks - almost every back in the league has the possibility of RBBC hanging over them.  Young back; a decent receiver for PPR; in-side track at the starting job.  What is not to like?

12 team PPR

Team A gave up:
Brown, John ARI WR
Year 2016 Draft Pick 1.07

Team B gave up:
Hyde, Carlos SFO RB
Sanders, Emmanuel DEN WR

12 team PPR

Team A gets: Thomas Rawls RB SEA, Breshad Perriman WR BAL; 2016 2nd round pick #9 , 2016 1st round pick #3, 2017 2nd round pickTeam B gets: Devonta Freeman RB ATL, Tevin Coleman RB ATL; 2017 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick #12 

12 team PPR

Team A gets: Thomas Rawls RB SEA, Breshad Perriman WR BAL; 2016 2nd round pick #9 , 2016 1st round pick #3, 2017 2nd round pickTeam B gets: Devonta Freeman RB ATL, Tevin Coleman RB ATL; 2017 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick #12 
Freeman side 

12 team PPR

Freeman fan but give me the other side.  

I just don't get your point.  Langford >>>>> 2.2.    Sure, he has questions marks - almost every back in the league has the possibility of RBBC hanging over them.  Young back; a decent receiver for PPR; in-side track at the starting job.  What is not to like?

I formulate my own opinions and I think he's heavily overrated based on is current situation and people confusing some decent fantasy games with good play.

And to answer your question specifically about what not to like. Was not huge on his talent coming in, thought it was solid backup material. Now I've seen him a year and he averaged half a yard per carry less and had a catch rate about 25% worse than Forte, who the Bears no longer wanted and who a lot of people here don't seem to thing has much left in tank. Even if no comping him to Forte his 3.6 YPC and catch rate around 50% did little to change my initial opinion of what I thought about him coming in. Since the season we know they offered CJ Anderson the most money, per him anyway, and reports are they prefer a RBBC system.

You reference PPR and like I said his catch rate was pretty terrible. Yes he's young but so is a RB or any player available at 2.2.

I can understand why some people value Langford over 2.2, it's about personal opinion and for me it's close but I'd rather have 2.2. I think third or fourth round startup prices are out of whack and I'm more or less surprised it's a big deal to people I prefer the 2.2 over him and like I said I think it goes back to people overvaluing his current situation and fact he had some decent fantasy games.

Haven't posted much here, but here are a few trades to chew on. I've been very active in my 2 dynos this offseason.

1 is a 12 teamer with 26 roster spots: QB's 4 points for passing TD/ -2 points for INT, RB 0.75 PPR, WR 1.0 PPR, TE 1.25 PPR (i.e. TE premium league). It is also a DEVY league (i.e. all the 2017 guys the dynasty community are collectively thirsting for will be unavailable in 2017 draft)

The other is a 10 teamer with 24 roster spots: QB's 6 points for passing TD/ no penalty for INT (i.e. you want QB who throw a lot), 1 PPR

Both start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR/TE Flex

Here are some trades I made over the past month or so.

12 team DEVY league

Sent Marvin Jones, Chris Ivory, 2016 2.07 (more like a late 2nd since guys like zeke, treadwell, etc. are gone), 2016 2.12 (more like an early/mid 3rd)

Received Charles Sims, 2016 3.06, 2017 1st (more like a mid-late first given all the top 2017 guys will go in 2016 draft), 2017 2nd (more like a mid-late 2nd)

Sent Lamar Miller, Brandon Marshall, Greg Olsen

Received Allen Robinson

Sent Larry Fitzgerald, Markus Wheaton, 2017 1st (the one I acquired earlier), 2017 1st (more like an early 2nd)

Received John Brown, Kenny Bell, Dwayne Allen

10 team league

Sent Charles Clay

Received 4.09

Sent Donte Moncrief, 2016 2.05, 2017 1st (mid-first, I think my team will be decent)

Received TY Hilton, John Brown

Sent Willie Snead, James Starks, 2017 2nd (mid-second I think)

Received Jeremy Hill, Tyrod Taylor

You'll note I probably discount rookie picks compared to most managers. I just don't trust rookies, even in a dynasty, since it's so difficult to predict who will be the studs. I'd much prefer a 1 or 2 year vet who has shown he can play and is in a good environment for success. I also place a high value on studs compared to most GM. I think of it more like building a basketball team, where 1 or 2 guys really can make a big difference, even with average surrounding talent.

Here are the current rosters after the dust settled, if that is of interest:

12 team DEVY league

QB: R Wilson, B Hundley

RB: L Bell, C Sims, B Powell, J White, R Jennings, L Taliaferro, A Hunt

WR: A Brown, A Robinson, Jo Brown, T Lockett, D Baldwin, K Bell, JJ Nelson, S Roberts, M Sanu, Ch Johnson, K Stills, M Campanaro, C Brown, Ja Brown (I have all the Browns!)

TE: D Allen, C Gillmore

DEF: Seattle

10 team league

QB: A Rodgers, T Taylor

RB: J Hill, G Bernard, D Lewis, M Lynch (on the off chance he'll play this year), L Blount, J Thompson

WR: Ju Jones, TY Hilton, Jo Brown, J Maclin, T Lockett, T McBride, S Roberts, T Williams, Ch Johnson, B LaFell, J Abbrederis

TE: D Allen, B Watson

I formulate my own opinions and I think he's heavily overrated based on is current situation and people confusing some decent fantasy games with good play.

And to answer your question specifically about what not to like. Was not huge on his talent coming in, thought it was solid backup material. Now I've seen him a year and he averaged half a yard per carry less and had a catch rate about 25% worse than Forte, who the Bears no longer wanted and who a lot of people here don't seem to thing has much left in tank. Even if no comping him to Forte his 3.6 YPC and catch rate around 50% did little to change my initial opinion of what I thought about him coming in. Since the season we know they offered CJ Anderson the most money, per him anyway, and reports are they prefer a RBBC system.

You reference PPR and like I said his catch rate was pretty terrible. Yes he's young but so is a RB or any player available at 2.2.

I can understand why some people value Langford over 2.2, it's about personal opinion and for me it's close but I'd rather have 2.2. I think third or fourth round startup prices are out of whack and I'm more or less surprised it's a big deal to people I prefer the 2.2 over him and like I said I think it goes back to people overvaluing his current situation and fact he had some decent fantasy games.
Who do you think is on the board at 2.2 in a 2016 rookie draft?

I guess I like the deal since I don't view the 2.2 over Langford. In a startup dynasty draft ive seen Langford go anywhere from mid 3rd to late 4th so he has a lot more value then the 2.2
I see Langford as less than Alfred Morris a year ago. What is his value today. Not 2.2. Things change at Rb quickly. Personally I still like Kadeem Carey as much as Langford but 1/3 the cost. 

Give me Julio in that deal as 1.3 could be best and that is suspect. Rest are goodbye week fillers

smoke monster said:
As much as I like trading depth to upgrade to a top tier player, I'm not feeling these moves...

You could end up with a massive drop off at RB from Miller to whoever you start now. You then how to go out and overpay for a TE who is probably also a downgrade. 

And I'd take the 2 2017 1st rounders alone for Brown, Bell, and Allen. Either of those picks could land you someone worth more than 3 guys. Why go and ditch your 2 1st rounders for Brown when you already just payed massively for another WR. Save something for the future. 
Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking it was hasty to do these moves and it's nice to hear someone confirm that. I really wanted these guys and I probably should have been more patient.

This team won the league last year on the strength of having 5 WR in the top 13 (AJG, Marshall, Fitz, Baldwin and Decker). Other than AJG, it doesn't seem like a sustainable formula for success. So I've used the championship win as an excuse to reload my aging roster. I moved the first three WR and replaced with massive improvements from a dynasty perspective (Antonio, ARob, John Brown). I also added a developmental type in Lockett, who I really like (and I love having him, Baldwin and Wilson), to replace the redundant Decker.

The cost to do this is basically Lamar Miller, G Olsen, my future 2017 1st (which as I mentioned should be late and is more like a 2nd rounder) and some odds and ends.

I'm comfortable with that. I didn't have Leveon last year after the first couple months. Patched it together with Ivory, Powell and J White (started Powell and White in the championship!). I believe a full year of leveon and a whatever I can patch together at RB2 will equal or exceed last year's output. Losing Olsen hurts, but I didn't have him for most of the year either (deadline acquisiton).

There's more that could go wrong in 2016 than before as I've torn down important depth. There's also much more long term upside to my roster than before. The latter is more important to me. I will scrape the WW for help like I always do.

On the other hand, my division rival has no less than 5 of the top 10 dyno assets (OBJ, Julio, Cooper, Gronk, Gurley...not to mention J Matthews, Eifert, Henry (devy pick)) and didn't even make the playoffs last year (top 6 playoffs). Having the best roster in terms of dynasty value doesn't necessarily pay off.

Smoke

Thanks again. Even if the value is there, I need to be more mindful about things like time value of picks (i.e. I should sell picks close to the draft), cyclical value and depth.

1.  3.6 YPC

2.  Big money offer to CJ

3.  Overinflated public impression based largely upon a small sample size that was inflated by one 70+ yard catch that you probably could have scored on.

I like B side from the first martavis trade. Sims is worth more than either of the seconds if you want a youngish rb that will contribute this year and next. Even if B side GM is trying to handcuff leveon I don't like it. Not enough for a talent like martavis, even steeply discounted from his value before the suspension (like, 90%+ discounted)

The next one is closer. Perriman has some value and obvious potential even though they signed 24. The second rounder is nice as well. But if you think of martavis as a late first, which seems reasonable I think, not sure if it's worth it. But debatable and I could be persuaded otherwise. It's reasonable either way depending on how one views martavis' risk.

Currently have had back and forth negotiations over Sammie Coates with an owner. He offered M. Wallace, Tre Mason (I have Gurley), and 2.2, I counter offered with 4.10, 7.3, and Coates for '16 2.2, '18 2nd rounder, and '18 7th rounder, and now he's countered with:

'16 2.2 and '16 4.2.

What do you guys think of that? On the one hand, it could be a really bad trade if Coates is the #2 and definitively produces, otoh, I like Coates upside, but consider him very high risk, and would like some more ammo to swing deals.

Currently have had back and forth negotiations over Sammie Coates with an owner. He offered M. Wallace, Tre Mason (I have Gurley), and 2.2, I counter offered with 4.10, 7.3, and Coates for '16 2.2, '18 2nd rounder, and '18 7th rounder, and now he's countered with:

'16 2.2 and '16 4.2.

What do you guys think of that? On the one hand, it could be a really bad trade if Coates is the #2 and definitively produces, otoh, I like Coates upside, but consider him very high risk, and would like some more ammo to swing deals.
https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/forum/12-the-assistant-coach/

'16 2.2 and '16 4.2.

Uuuummm, don't forget about Heyward-bey.

Tex

Just went down in an FFPC League:

WR DeVante Parker

2017 2nd (late)

for 

RB Dion Lewis

2016: 1.4

2016: 1.6

apparently the owner turned down 1.2 and 2.4 this season for Parker. 

Any opinions?  Still new to dynasty and worried I'm sacrificing talent to target positions of need.  
Yeah I'd have been a little hesitant to make a deal like that. Rawls did very well in place of Lynch, but so did Michael after Rawls went down. It's not hard to imagine a scenario where Rawls does not lead the Seahawks in rushing this upcoming season (although admittedly he's the favorite right now).

At the very least I would have waited until after the NFL draft to make a move like this for two reasons. The value of the 1.06 you traded away is more than likely going to increase as you get closer to your rookie draft and while it's not likely it wouldn't be shocking to see Seattle use and early pick at a position that the team brain-trust values higher than the rest of the league does.

So I made a boo boo....

I thought I offered the 9 and 14 rookie picks this year in a 10 team dynasty for the 2017 1st round pick of this past year's last place team (who doesn't have a whole lot of hope of vast improvement).  My thought is that it will be a top 4 pick, and I'd be very happy with that.  The team who owned the pick, though, was the champ this past year....and in making the offer in a rush, I mistakenly selected his first round pick, and not the other one he owned (which was the last place team this past year).  I didn't realize it till he accepted it and I got a automated e-mail about it.

If that pick ends up being top 7 next year, would it still be ok?  Is next year's draft going to be a substantially better than this years?

So I made a boo boo....

I thought I offered the 9 and 14 rookie picks this year in a 10 team dynasty for the 1st round pick of this past year's last place team (who doesn't have a whole lot of hope of vast improvement).  My thought is that it will be a top 4 pick, and I'd be very happy with that.  The team who owned the pick, though, was the champ this past year....and in making the offer in a rush, I mistakenly selected his first round pick, and not the other one he owned (which was the last place team this past year).  I didn't realize it till he accepted it and I got a automated e-mail about it.

If that pick ends up being top 7 next year, would it still be ok?  Is next year's draft going to be a substantially better than this years?
Yes, next year is deep and better than this class in every position and it's not even close. There will be 1st round talent in the 2nd round.

You made a huge mistake in that regard.

Tex

So I made a boo boo....

I thought I offered the 9 and 14 rookie picks this year in a 10 team dynasty for the 1st round pick of this past year's last place team (who doesn't have a whole lot of hope of vast improvement).  My thought is that it will be a top 4 pick, and I'd be very happy with that.  The team who owned the pick, though, was the champ this past year....and in making the offer in a rush, I mistakenly selected his first round pick, and not the other one he owned (which was the last place team this past year).  I didn't realize it till he accepted it and I got a automated e-mail about it.

It could still end up being an ok trade, but why rush a trade in the middle of March?

It could still end up being an ok trade, but why rush a trade in the middle of March?
The commish (and the other team) understood that I mistakenly selected the wrong first round pick in 2017 for the offer - so it never went though. 

That said I'm still trying to move the #9 pick for any 2017 1st, and the same for the early 2nds that I have. 

12 Team League, 0.5 PPR, QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX

Team A Gave: Kevin White, Brandin Cooks, and 2017 1st (likely 1.08 to 1.12)

Team B Gave: A.J. Green and Dez Bryant

Just went down in an FFPC League:

WR DeVante Parker

2017 2nd (late)

for 

RB Dion Lewis

2016: 1.4

2016: 1.6

apparently the owner turned down 1.2 and 2.4 this season for Parker. 
When did Parker turn into Randy Moss?  Lews is probably worth a rookie 1st in his own right.  If I'm giving up three firsts for one player I'd better be getting a transcendant talent in return.

For that matter, I've seen Beckham and Julio deals in this thread that went for less...

12 Team League, 0.5 PPR, QB RB RB WR WR TE FLEX

Team A Gave: Kevin White, Brandin Cooks, and 2017 1st (likely 1.08 to 1.12)

Team B Gave: A.J. Green and Dez Bryant
I like Green and Bryant side.  I guess the other side is a good haul for  rebuilder IF said team is giving up on Dez.  I expect Dez to bounce back to another couple years of good WR1 production though, so would have held out for more or tried to deal him and Green separately.

For perspective, I also thought Calvin Johnson had another couple years of strong production in him when I dealt him at season's end, so take with a grain of salt.

When did Parker turn into Randy Moss?  Lews is probably worth a rookie 1st in his own right.  If I'm giving up three firsts for one player I'd better be getting a transcendant talent in return.

For that matter, I've seen Beckham and Julio deals in this thread that went for less...
Yeah you can't be happy with the Parker side of that trade unless he's a top 5 WR within the next 2 years.

smoke monster said:
Here's my Parker deal again since I worded it wrong and someone got confused

Non-PPR superflex

give: Parker, T Benjamin, Mallet, late 2018 1st

get J Matthews, D Walker, McCarron, 2.9, early 2017 1st

(I have Dalton)
Just out of curiosity how do you know it is a late 2018 1st?

Gave: 1.08, 1.11, 2017 4th

Got: Lesean McCoy, 2017 1st

*I have Karlos Williams. I think this league is wide open so I have no idea where in the draft the 2017 1st will be. 

smoke monster said:
He's a hot commodity since he came on at the end of the season and had that highlight reel leaping touchdown. To me he has some nice potential but also some red flags. I decided to sell recently as he is not a sure thing but some people have him as a top 10-20 overall dynasty WR. 
I'm one of those people and I'd still rather have Lewis/pick side of that deal.

Users who are viewing this thread