What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

FFPC Dynasty League:

Traded WR Julio Jones for Rookie picks 1.2, and 2.2. Moved back from 1.2 to 1.3 as we wanted to diversify our holdings of Guice. Moving back acquired 3.1, 3.8, 4.1. 

At 1.3 selected RB Sony Michel as a go-to young back. 

2.2 selected WR Anthony Miller, who we have ranked as the 2nd WR in this class.

Moved picks 3.1, 3.8 for 2.10 and selected TE Dallas Goedart. 

4.1 selected WR DJ Chark

Team is pretty stacked:

WR: Thielin, Hilton, T. Hill, D. Adams, John Ross, Anthony Miller, DJ Chark

RB: McCoy, Ingram, Howard, Drake, Collins, Michel

Thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people drafting him as a RB2 will be disappointed too.  The dude was benched for Alfred Blue last year.  Alfred Blue.  Why is everyone just shrugging that off?
Because it's inaccurate. Most only follow the Texans in passing unlike us homers, but Miller injured his knee in week 14 and the Texans were well out of the playoffs. Blue got more carries (Miller still played in those games and started all but week 17) because there was no reason to overwork Miller with the season over like O'Brien admitted they did in 2016. Plus Blue was auditioning for a roster spot in 2018 as he was going to be a FA.

That being said, I still have no plans to draft Miller or trade for him. The Texans seem convinced that Foreman will come back just as good and are talking up both of these guys splitting the load. I think their ideal scenario is both of these guys splitting time in a RBBC to keep the other fresh just like the Pats do with their 'backs. The blocking situation is still very poor as well, the Texans upgraded the interior of their offensive line but both Tackle spots and TE are big question marks. Watson may continue to have to run for his life back there this year with the runningback's having to fight for tough yards.

Dynasty,12-team, ppr.  Hot off the wire:

Team 1 gave up

• Bryant, Dez DAL WR
  • Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick
Team 2 gave up

• Britt, Kenny NEP WR
Is there new information out on Dez or Britt?!!

Phantom Knight said:

Team 1 gave up

• Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Team 2 gave up

• Britt, Kenny NEP WR
Team 1 got robbed.

Phantom Knight said:

Team 1 gave up

• Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Team 2 gave up

• Britt, Kenny NEP WR
This is a #### trade even if Dez announced his retirement tomorrow

Phantom Knight said:

Team 1 gave up

• Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Team 2 gave up

• Britt, Kenny NEP WR
What possible information could even have come out that would make this even remotely fair?  I mean maybe if news came out that Dez passed away and Kenny Britt was injectected with that super serum that they used on Captain America.  Then maybe.

What possible information could even have come out that would make this even remotely fair?  I mean maybe if news came out that Dez passed away and Kenny Britt was injectected with that super serum that they used on Captain America.  Then maybe.
the information is that Team 1 and Team 2 are colluding...so that both of them have losing teams.

Phantom Knight said:

Team 1 gave up

• Bryant, Dez DAL WR
Team 2 gave up

• Britt, Kenny NEP WR
Salary cap ramifications???

Salary cap ramifications???
No. Normal-till-you-drop-player dynasty.  I have been in the league several years (with both owners) and have not see anything askance until this. 

My only thought (other than the obvious reaction) is that perhaps Team 1 had intended to receive a 2nd asset (pick or player) and mistakenly clicked send without including it and Team 2 jumped to click before Team 1 saw his error.  I have come close to doing this a few times myself.  But surely, Team 1 would have said something to Team 2/Commish if that were the case and Team 2, I would say, has been a most upstanding citizen.  I find it hard to believe he would not undo the trade if Team 1 had explained how he had mistakenly sent the wrong offer.

It is hard to chalk this up to simply folks valuing players differently. I sure hope the Commish has an explanation shortly.

I do. He lacked motivation last year. I can understand why. I believe he can still get above DBs and come down with the ball. Dak is too conservative for Dez. Dez needs a gunslinger. 
I do not understand or agree with the bolded? He was the only legit receiving threat on the team, then they lost Zeke and he had to know he would be an easy cut if he under performed due to his cap number, plus the Cowboys didn't get eliminated from the playoffs until the last week.

I kind of agree with the underlined, not that Dak is bad or super conservative as you say, but because doesn't get separation anymore, he needs a bad qb that will force it his way no matter what, or Dez needs to be the 3rd option on offense and get less attention and play against the weaker corners.

I do not understand or agree with the bolded? He was the only legit receiving threat on the team, then they lost Zeke and he had to know he would be an easy cut if he under performed due to his cap number, plus the Cowboys didn't get eliminated from the playoffs until the last week.

I kind of agree with the underlined, not that Dak is bad or super conservative as you say, but because doesn't get separation anymore, he needs a bad qb that will force it his way no matter what, or Dez needs to be the 3rd option on offense and get less attention and play against the weaker corners.
It never felt like Dez was the focal point of the passing game. He had 5 games with 10 or more targets last year. I believe that wore on Dez. As the season progressed there wasn't any chemistry between Dak and Dez. Dez didn't finish the season putting his all into the game. 

I like Dak as the QB he's the anti-Romo. He takes what the defense gives him, doesn't force the ball downfield and won't hesitate to tuck and run or dump off.

It never felt like Dez was the focal point of the passing game. He had 5 games with 10 or more targets last year. I believe that wore on Dez. As the season progressed there wasn't any chemistry between Dak and Dez. Dez didn't finish the season putting his all into the game. 

I like Dak as the QB he's the anti-Romo. He takes what the defense gives him, doesn't force the ball downfield and won't hesitate to tuck and run or dump off.
If that wore on Dez, then he is hopeless. He still average 8.3 targets a game which was good for 12th in the league.

Went down a few days ago

12 team PPR (Keep 5). 

Team A Gave Hopkins / 1.08

Team B Gave D.Adams / 1.01 (Presume Barkley)

If that wore on Dez, then he is hopeless. He still average 8.3 targets a game which was good for 12th in the league.
Good point, but his catch rate went down post Romo. I think a good portion of those targets are uncatchable balls. Romo would take chances with Dez and had learned where to put the ball to give Dez a chance. Dak plays it safe and results in an incompletion, overrthrown out of bounds. How many throws to Dez last year were purposefully overthrown? A lot. It's partly Dez's age, but it's also on Dak (aversion to taking chances) and Garrett (playcalling, not having him do stuff he can still do well). Only thing worse than not getting targets is when the only ones you get sail over your head cause your QB doesn't trust you.

Good point, but his catch rate went down post Romo. I think a good portion of those targets are uncatchable balls. Romo would take chances with Dez and had learned where to put the ball to give Dez a chance. Dak plays it safe and results in an incompletion, overrthrown out of bounds. How many throws to Dez last year were purposefully overthrown? A lot. It's partly Dez's age, but it's also on Dak (aversion to taking chances) and Garrett (playcalling, not having him do stuff he can still do well). Only thing worse than not getting targets is when the only ones you get sail over your head cause your QB doesn't trust you.
If the barometer is that he needs someone as accurate as Romo, one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, to be successful then it's going to be a long few years as we count down to the end of his career.

Dak isn't great, but there are plenty of WRs putting up better numbers with worse QB play.

If the barometer is that he needs someone as accurate as Romo, one of the most accurate passers in NFL history, to be successful then it's going to be a long few years as we count down to the end of his career.

Dak isn't great, but there are plenty of WRs putting up better numbers with worse QB play.
I think that's an oversimplification. He needs someone who will throw into traffic. Dak is similar to (pre-17?) Alex Smith or early McNabb. He plays it safe, almost painfully so. Dak's best match is a good route runner. That was never Dez. Dez never got a lot of separation, even when he was closer to 4.5 than 4.7. He depended on a QB who would throw into tight coverage and let him get it. If Dez goes to Buffalo, then yeah his career is over. It wouldn't have been much better with Flacco. Winston would be a good match not because he is accurate but because he'll throw it up there.

I think that's an oversimplification. He needs someone who will throw into traffic. Dak is similar to (pre-17?) Alex Smith or early McNabb. He plays it safe, almost painfully so. Dak's best match is a good route runner. That was never Dez. Dez never got a lot of separation, even when he was closer to 4.5 than 4.7. He depended on a QB who would throw into tight coverage and let him get it. If Dez goes to Buffalo, then yeah his career is over. It wouldn't have been much better with Flacco. Winston would be a good match not because he is accurate but because he'll throw it up there.
Yet Dez is never open and he was still top 12 in the league in targets, so Dak must have been throwing into plenty of coverage.

I couldn't find whole season stats, but the last report I saw on catchable targets was week 11 and Dez was 11th in the league at that point.

I mean I get the theory behind what you're saying, and it makes sense logically, but there are a lot of things in football that seem to make logical sense but don't really play out that way in real life.  Dez was among the worst in the league at getting separation last year, but was top 12 in targets and catchable targets.  That doesn't really seem like it would be possible if Dak wasn't willing to throw into tight coverage.  He may not like it, but he did it for Dez.

Yet Dez is never open and he was still top 12 in the league in targets, so Dak must have been throwing into plenty of coverage.

I couldn't find whole season stats, but the last report I saw on catchable targets was week 11 and Dez was 11th in the league at that point.

I mean I get the theory behind what you're saying, and it makes sense logically, but there are a lot of things in football that seem to make logical sense but don't really play out that way in real life.  Dez was among the worst in the league at getting separation last year, but was top 12 in targets and catchable targets.  That doesn't really seem like it would be possible if Dak wasn't willing to throw into tight coverage.  He may not like it, but he did it for Dez.
Here's some backup for the catchable balls business. 

https://twitter.com/marcus_mosher/status/935330385290022913?lang=en

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/986254718904274949

Also there's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25mQ4eCtw0U&feature=player_embedded

There's some kind of weird disconnect with those stats, because apparently he was 12 in overall targets, 11th in catchable targets, but had a lower than normal percentage of catchable targets.  That doesn't really add up.

Regardless, 11th in catchable targets but 24th in receptions and 28th in receiving yards is not a good look.

Also the drop from 70% catchable targets to 60%, a few percentage points below other top WRs, doesn't really begin to account for the near 50% drop in production from his prime years.

Just as an aside, when looking at it more "catchable target" is kind of a wonky stat.  It seems almost like they're only counting balls that hit WRs dead in the chest as "catchable" because nearly every receiver's total number of catchable targets is just receptions + drops = catchable targets.  I mean they have Doug Baldwin as catching 75 of 75 catchable targets. 

It's not like they're just eliminating balls that sailed 14 yards over the guy's head here.  They're elimating targets that required pretty much anything more than cradling a nice gentle floater into your chest with no one around.  If the whole idea is that Dez needs more contested balls thrown his way because that's where he has always excelled, then why are we looking at a stat that deems any of those contested plays as not catchable?

Btw Dez's 7 drops on those 60 catchable targets is really bad compared to his peers.  It took Antonio Brown almost 250 catchable targets to reach 7 drops.  Even Pierre Garcon you have to go back his last 160 catchable targets to find 7 drops.

OK so I just dug into it a bit more, and I think we can write this stat off as less than useless when looking at how they created it.  It's not that they're basically adding receptions to drops to get "catchable" targets.  It appears that's LITERALLY what they're doing.

They didn't go through and watch the passes and tick off the ones that went 14 yards over the WRs head as "uncatchable".  It looks like they basically just opened an excel file, loaded up everyone's receptions in column A, drops in column B, and spit out the sum of the two in column C and called it "catchable targets".

In reality to get credited with a drop a player basically has to be hit in the stomach by a pass that they were standing under waiting for like a punt.  OK that's hyperbole but you get the point.  The vast majority of NFL incompletions are neither drops nor passes that were impossible to catch.  But this stat deems all of those in that middle zone as "uncatchable".  That's not even to mention to plays where a receiver failed to get separation and the DB broke the pass up, or where a receiver got two hands on the ball but the DB poked it out, or where a receiver thoughtlessly stepped out of bounds when he could have dragged his 2nd foot.  All "uncatchable".

The whole thing is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  Better receivers have "more" catchable targets because they're open more often, and because they catch the ball more often (a target can't be deemed uncatchable if it's caught, even in a scenario where had it not been caught it would have been deemed uncatchable).  The stat actually plays in Dez's favor.  Here we are all talking about Dez needing even more contested catch situations, but just by the nature of the stat any contested pass is automatically deemed uncatchable.....unless it's caught of course.  Just think about what that is saying semantically for a minute there.  Any contested pass is impossible for the WR to catch, unless he catches it. :lol:

Gave: 1.2 while OTC, guy took Penny

Got: 1.4, 3.1, 4.1

Gave: 1.4 while OTC, guy took Guice 

Got: 1.6 (took Jones), 2.2 

Net is Gave 1.2 and got Jones, 2.2, 3.1, 4.1

Not a big preference for me on these RBs.

UPDATE: 

Gave: 2.2, 2019 4, Seals-Jones

Got: 2.1 

Someone picked Hayden Hurst at 1.10 so one of Ridley or Kirk will be available.

Gave: 1.2 while OTC, guy took Penny

Got: 1.4, 3.1, 4.1

Gave: 1.4 while OTC, guy took Guice 

Got: 1.6 (took Jones), 2.2 

Net is Gave 1.2 and got Jones, 2.2, 3.1, 4.1

Not a big preference for me on these RBs.

UPDATE: 

Gave: 2.2, 2019 4, Seals-Jones

Got: 2.1 

Someone picked Hayden Hurst at 1.10 so one of Ridley or Kirk will be available.
personally I hate the 2nd one, would have grabbed Guice at 1.4 and been happy. Jones is a couple tiers below for me

personally I hate the 2nd one, would have grabbed Guice at 1.4 and been happy. Jones is a couple tiers below for me
Fair comment. I do like Guice more than Jones but Thompson will limit Guice’s 3rd down availability for the foreseeable future. 

Ended up:

Gave: 1.2 (Penny), Seals-Jones, 2019 4

Got: 1.6 (Ronald Jones), 2.1 (Kirk), 3.1, 4.1

Fair comment. I do like Guice more than Jones but Thompson will limit Guice’s 3rd down availability for the foreseeable future. 

Ended up:

I think you did well. 3.1 will be another quality part.

Ended up:

Kirk falling really helped a lot (big dropoff after him), but I still personally would have kept the 1.2 as like Jemima I have Guice/Penny well ahead of Jones.

I think people get too caught up in little things like Thompson.  I like RoJo decently but he is by far the biggest bust risk of those top 6 players.  It's not like the difference between the two is going to be a few yards or TDs.  Most likely a few of these top 6 guys are going to end up being studs and a few are going to end up being totally worthless in a few years and I'm not sure I'd be interested in playing around with 2nd rounders to lower my chances of getting those studs.

Like I said Kirk falling really helped.  Had that not happened I would have really not liked this for you.

Not involved, just in the league, FFPC:

Team A gave: Chubb

Team B gave: McKinnon, 2019#1(team had pick 1 this year in draft playoff format, but my guess pick will be in 7-10 range) and also threw in some late round picks.

I'd personally take McKinnon straight up over Chubb, but Chubb did go third in this draft and the team that got him had picks 1 and 2. So they end up with the top 3 picks of the draft.

A couple tiers you must have small tiers or really hate Jones and have him rated as like #12 overall to have him a couple tiers below Guice.

12 team PPR

Gave: Corey Davis, Chris Godwin, Austin Hooper, 1.05, 2.05, '19 1st
Got: Melvin Gordon, Julio Jones, Doug Baldwin, Jimmy Graham
This strikes me as a team that wants to rebuild their roster.  Where is that '19 1st projected?  I think that plays a big role, if it's early 1st then I find it tolerable.  The value is definitely on the Julio/Melvin side but it isn't a bad haul either if you're looking to get a lot younger.  

He took Wilkins with the first pick and Jordan Akins with the second. His team is good and deep at WR but a little light at RB and old at TE so seems like a position based trade. At the time the trade was made some solid veteran WR's like Garcon and Hurns were available,  I was leaning on drafting Garcon since I was not looking for a long term keeper and since keeping Martavis won't be easy for me to keep long term it could have been the better move, but I'd rather chase the upside.
It may just be me but this seems like terrible value for his potential upside and I would take Bryant by 10 miles over this.

Live Draft trade: 1ppr / 1.5ppr TE

Gave - Kelce

Got - 2.04 (took Hayden Hurst) + Deshaun Watson

... I was cruising w Cousins and Ben (who I think retires end of this year)

I think @EBF might approve of this one.

Gave - Kelce

Is this superflex?  That seems crazy light for Kelce in a 1qb.  He is an early/mid 2nd round startup pick in TE premium.

Is this superflex?  That seems crazy light for Kelce in a 1qb.  He is an early/mid 2nd round startup pick in TE premium.
Funny story... I've been trying to sell on Kelce all offseason,a nd surprisingly, no one was biting. 

Now, why have I been trying to sell? Mahomes. Honestly.

I like Kelce, but Alex Smith was the Queen of that Beehive, and I think Kelce sees a hefty reduction in targets.

It may just be me but this seems like terrible value for his potential upside and I would take Bryant by 10 miles over this.
Probably not just you. The owner who made the trade with me was saying the other day he's not sure what he was thinking making me that offer.

I got teams were a trade like this would have made me giddy to get a high upside fairly young WR, not as much on this team or this league. In this league my team is deep so a one year guy like Garcon, who I could have drafted, might have worked out just as well for my team. Might seem silly to say now with a whole year in front of us but I like to look ahead and as we stand right now Martavis is not someone who would make my roster when off-season cuts are due. This is why someone like Garcon, might have served me just as well if you look at in terms of team building. Main appeal to Martavis is should he pop, I got an asset I can likely move vs Garcon just playing out the string on my roster.

Not involved, just in the league, FFPC:

Team A gave: Chubb

Team B gave: McKinnon, 2019#1(team had pick 1 this year in draft playoff format, but my guess pick will be in 7-10 range) and also threw in some late round picks.

I'd personally take McKinnon straight up over Chubb, but Chubb did go third in this draft and the team that got him had picks 1 and 2. So they end up with the top 3 picks of the draft.
I have no problem paying McKinnon and 1.7-1.10 for Chubb, but obviously it isn’t a guarantee the 1st is not early. 

Gave - Kelce

Much, much, much prefer Kelce in TE premium unless this is either 8 PT per pass TD or superflex. 

12 team PPR

Gave: Corey Davis, Chris Godwin, Austin Hooper, 1.05, 2.05, '19 1st
Got: Melvin Gordon, Julio Jones, Doug Baldwin, Jimmy Graham
Love the deal for both teams really. You lost some value but if it helps you win the league and you wouldn’t have been likely to win prior, it isn’t the end of the world. 

Ended up:

I don’t see the 2 and RoJo being that close in value but you got a nice second piece so if you really like RoJo as I know most do then you probably are on cloud 9. So for that, it was at worst a well constructed process 

Users who are viewing this thread