What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Because when someone feels bad about a poor kid getting hurt the first thing we all do is rush into a trade thread where someone told them they messed up trading him and quote that person saying they thought he was going to be a rising star.
Not how it happened. I clicked on my history to see replies, and found the first reply I had on Henry. Again, I never bashed Henry personally, I’m a huge fan as I owned him in 4 dynasty leagues. 

I like the idea of selling Lynch and ultimately fine with the deal, but hard pressed to believe there wasn’t a better deal out there as you also had to give the futures while losing 4.6 which isn’t much different for me than 3.5. 
Thanks for the feedback. I generally agree Lynch should be valued a bit higher, and there was possibly a better deal in-season, but Lynch is a hard sell in 12 team leagues right now. Only 2 teams look competitive and have a need at RB, and only one of those teams had much to give me for Lynch. I wanted to get in position to draft Jackson or Mayfield, both of whom I am very high on, so I wanted to get the deal done before our draft. 

The 2nd next year is mine, and I've picked between 9 and 12 each of the past 5 years, so I am pretty confident it will be 20 or later. The original deal was actually Marshawn and my 2nd for 17, but I asked for the other parts to get 29. I wanted some flexibility in case someone jumps on the QBs and leaves a good WR available at 17. In that case, I can trade up from 29 to hopefully get Rosen. It might end up being an overpay, but I had a few 3rds next year and this one was the worst of them (as it looks right now). 

Probably not since pick 3 is probably worth more than Kelce in non PPR.

The injury just makes it even
There’s no “probably” about that statement.  Pick 3 is worth way more than Kelce in a non-ppr.  I’d still take pick 3 even if Henry never played another down in the NFL.

There’s no “probably” about that statement.  Pick 3 is worth way more than Kelce in a non-ppr.  I’d still take pick 3 even if Henry never played another down in the NFL.
Well since then, pick 3 was used to take Nick Chubb.  Chubb worth more than Kelce in a non-PPR standard dynasty?

Interesting.  I haven't seen that trend on just about any dynasty rankings online, but to each their own. 
I guess the short of my position is that I don't think you win non ppr leagues because you've got a TE that averages 10ppg.  You win non ppr leagues because you hit on RB's that average 16-20ppg.  And with this rookie RB class, I take the gamble on these running backs all day over any non-Gronkowski level impact at TE.  Meaning, I think Kelce is what he is at TE (damn good and a definitive top 3 TE) but that he is unlikely to put up a season more noteworthy than he did last year.  And that season netted him 10ppg.  I don't pay much attention to rankings, but I'd be quite surprised if Kelce was ranked over many of the top 6 or possibly even 8 rookie running backs in non ppr rankings. 

I guess the short of my position is that I don't think you win non ppr leagues because you've got a TE that averages 10ppg.  You win non ppr leagues because you hit on RB's that average 16-20ppg.  And with this rookie RB class, I take the gamble on these running backs all day over any non-Gronkowski level impact at TE.  Meaning, I think Kelce is what he is at TE (damn good and a definitive top 3 TE) but that he is unlikely to put up a season more noteworthy than he did last year.  And that season netted him 10ppg.  I don't pay much attention to rankings, but I'd be quite surprised if Kelce was ranked over many of the top 6 or possibly even 8 rookie running backs in non ppr rankings. 
I see him obviously ranked after the top rookie RB, but right about in line with Guice.  At this point last year rookies in that range were Joe MIxon, McCaffrey, Davis Cook and even the oddball TE OJ Howard that everyone loved.  Personally, I've got Kelce right there with rookie picks 2-4. 

In non-PPR I gotta think a TE like Kelce drops several tiers and maybe 30 or so slots in the rankings, while a promising 21 year old rookie RB would pretty easily vault over any of the tight ends except maybe Gronk/Graham of several years ago.  

12 Team Superflex Devy Dynasty 

Le’veon Bell/Conner/2019 First (mid) 

for 

David Johnson/ JuJu 
DJ and Juju

Even if you rank Bell ahead of DJ, it cant be by much.  

Comparing Juju to the 2019 1st is a pretty lopsided in favor of Juju (unless that pick is surefire top 3).  Juju not only helps NOW, but will still be with in a year in age of the guy drafted with that pick next year, and entering his 3rd season.  Even if you get lucky and draft a player as good as Juju, you are still getting the extra year of production this year with the Juju side.

12 Team non-ppr Zealots league, not involved.

Team A gives: Rashaan Evans, Minkah Fitzpatrick

Team B gives: Mitchell Trubisky

A few hours later:

Team A gives: Mitchell Trubisky

Team C gives: Cooper Kupp, 2019 mid to late 4th round pick

Team A is like the guy that starts with a paper clip and through a series of trades ends up with a house.

12 Team non-ppr Zealots league, not involved.

Team A gives: Rashaan Evans, Minkah Fitzpatrick

Team B gives: Mitchell Trubisky

A few hours later:

Team A gives: Mitchell Trubisky

Team C gives: Cooper Kupp, 2019 mid to late 4th round pick

Team A is like the guy that starts with a paper clip and through a series of trades ends up with a house.
Except the other way around. He traded Evans/Fitzpatrick for Kupp/4th. In a non-ppr league.

He made his team worse.

Except the other way around. He traded Evans/Fitzpatrick for Kupp/4th. In a non-ppr league.

He made his team worse.
True. I guess the analogy doesn't work because he isn't always increasing in value the return he receives in the trade. But, his motto is certainly ABT (Always be trading).

He probably tried to trade with Team C initially and found he didn't have the asset Team C coveted. So, he acquires the asset and then comes back to make the trade with Team C. 

I looked at this in a rather simple way: if QB Watson is a major positive addition to your dynasty squad, then Team A is the winner and whom I want to be coming out of this trade. If Watson isn't the reason you became involved in this swap, then you gave away too much to Team B for what you received in D Parker & J Samuels.

12 Team PPR:

Gave: 1.11, 3.7

Got: 2019 1 & 2

Had to move 2019 Picks as it’s a 20 player keeper and I had 6 1’s and 4 2’s.

This guy has pretty strong squad with Russ, DJ, AB, Landry, Kupp, Ertz but start 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex and he only has 3 RBs (Burkhead is his 2) and P. Richardson his likely flex. He has no depth whatsoever, after this everyone is just a flyer, Dede, White, Rico. His first 2 picks are the two I just traded him. One injury and this pick is likely top 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team ppr. I had a lot of depth, he had a couple studs and nothing.

Gave:

Will Fuller, Hunter Henry, Anthony Miller, James Washington and Michael Gallup

Got:

Odell Beckham

kittenmittens said:
Doug Baldwin just got traded for 2 late second rounders and a third.

:wall:
This has a contender for even worse trade.  

Sterling Sheppard just got traded for 3.10 and 4.10.  I didn't think anyone that good fell to 3.10 to make it understandable.  Pretty much gave Sheppard away... Ridiculous trade.  

Baldwin is still probably worse I guess since he has ADP in the 4th round... 

Last edited by a moderator:
16 team ppr. I had a lot of depth, he had a couple studs and nothing.

Gave:

Will Fuller, Hunter Henry, Anthony Miller, James Washington and Michael Gallup

Got:

Odell Beckham
That’s a lot of potential nothing for (one of) the top player in dynasty. I mean I like Fuller and Henry and the rooks all have potential but this is the type of trade bad teams make.

That’s a lot of potential nothing for (one of) the top player in dynasty. I mean I like Fuller and Henry and the rooks all have potential but this is the type of trade bad teams make.
Hes actually a good owner. theres a little more to it. deep rosters and we start 8 RB/WR/TEs with 16 teams.

Miller will be the best WR from this class. 
I had him #3WR before the draft and barely under Kirk at #4 post draft and along with Ridley and Moore had those 4 WR's a slight cut above the rest.

Easy to see him or any of that top 4 being the best one of the group one day, and also not someone I'd label a nickel. He is what I consider the second most valuable piece of the trade.

I had him #3WR before the draft and barely under Kirk at #4 post draft and along with Ridley and Moore had those 4 WR's a slight cut above the rest.

Easy to see him or any of that top 4 being the best one of the group one day, and also not someone I'd label a nickel. He is what I consider the second most valuable piece of the trade.
He's a nickel relative to OBJ, unless you'd trade OBJ for four 2nd round rookie picks.

Anyway the point was the analogy that it was 5 quarters for a dollar was off because 5 quarters > 1 dollar, but in this case the smaller pieces added up to less than the big piece so we needed a smaller unit of currency :P

Not a popular opinion, but I have Miller WR1, Moore WR2, Ridley WR3, Kirk WR4. I’ve been drafting Miller everywhere I can. Gallop is the wild-card; if he hits, you could have potentially landed some solid starters. Won’t know until next season, like you stated, mainly due to Henry’s unfortunate injury. Still can’t believe it....

He's a nickel relative to OBJ, unless you'd trade OBJ for four 2nd round rookie picks.
Trade was for sure on OBJ side easily but I'd just not describe Henry as a nickel or valued as a second round rookie pick, but that's me and why I said I'm sore he's not around to change people's mind that don't see him that way.

This is one of those lopsided on paper trades that might actually look like a win 2-3 years from now for now getting rid of OBJ, would not surprise me at all,  but still not a good looking deal today.

I was on the side receiving Watkins and this is about how I felt.  Didn’t love the trade to be honest but felt it was good value and may try to flip Sammy now
Watkins has ADP in the 4th/5th of startups and Ridley is in the 7th/8th...

Watkins is only about 18 months older than Ridley as well...  Plus Ridley is basically a poor man's version of Watkins without the elite athletecism (and maybe without the injuries too).

Even if the 2nd rounder was on the other side of the deal its a complete no brainer.

Saw this in an FFPC league

M.Evans & N.Agholar

for

K.Allen & 2019 1st (mid pack)
I've been the Agholor bandwagon driver for years now but I just don't know how I feel about this.  On one hand Agholor showed his ability this past year, and I would want to sell high, but I don't think I can force myself to do that.  Evans > Allen, although it's probably pretty close especially in 1 pt ppr, and I'd trade away Agholor pretty easily for a mid 1st.  Overall it's pretty even I'd say, but I lean Keenan Allen and the 1st because of that 1 pt ppr.  

Sammy watkins

2019 2nd round pick 

for 

Calvin ridley
I hate both players so this is Sammy for me purely for name value to flip for a real player.  

Users who are viewing this thread