What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (12 Viewers)

Who gives up a 1st (and Howard on top) for Tevin Coleman?  That’s a truly terrible deal.
I think plenty of people would give up a 1st. Especially one 2 years out. I’ve seen many on these boards value him in the 1.6-1.8 range which is probably Howard + 2020 1 territory. 

I think plenty of people would give up a 1st. Especially one 2 years out. I’ve seen many on these boards value him in the 1.6-1.8 range which is probably Howard + 2020 1 territory. 
I’d be shocked if this is the case.  If Coleman were in this year’s rookie draft, there’s a zero percent chance he’s in the top 10.  I guess beyond that, with the cliff after those top 8 rookie RBs, then Coleman might make some sense for a RB desperate team. But it’s an enormous gamble based solely on the hope that he’ll get a contract at age 26 which definitively makes him “the guy” next season. It’s just as likely he signs somewhere ala Hyde and then gets trumped by a rookie draftee, or even ends up back in Atlanta.  And even if he does get that contract, he’s probably not worth much more than a 1st and Howard. I’m rather pay a slight premium to that if/when you know the outcome than pay 1st/Howard today.  Guess I don’t see the logic in that gamble right now.

Big one for my team and would appreciate any feedback

gave: Antonio brown

got: 1.09 (Chubb fell which prompted the trade), 2019 first and second (both probably late), Robert woods, Marvin jones

It’s not the type of trade I’d usually make (4 quarters for a dollar type) but I think Chubb is the goods, and my team, while strong on paper, really lacked depth.  Collins was my rb2 and sproles my rb3.  Still have Julio and Evans at WR and three firsts in 2019.

Plus I renamed my team “I’ve got a chubb” before I accepted and wrote “I did it all for the penis jokes” in the trade notes.  So there is that.

Big one for my team and would appreciate any feedback

gave: Antonio brown

got: 1.09 (Chubb fell which prompted the trade), 2019 first and second (both probably late), Robert woods, Marvin jones

It’s not the type of trade I’d usually make (4 quarters for a dollar type) but I think Chubb is the goods, and my team, while strong on paper, really lacked depth.  Collins was my rb2 and sproles my rb3.  Still have Julio and Evans at WR and three firsts in 2019.

Plus I renamed my team “I’ve got a chubb” before I accepted and wrote “I did it all for the penis jokes” in the trade notes.  So there is that.
I'm not a big fan of the trade. Feels like you could have gotten Chubb for something else besides Brown, and traded Brown away for more than what you got.

If next year's first and second were pretty certain to be early it would make it a whole lot closer.

I’d be shocked if this is the case.  If Coleman were in this year’s rookie draft, there’s a zero percent chance he’s in the top 10. 
I'd have him ranked in my top 10, probably as RB 6 or 7,  so there goes your zero percent chance. I would NOT trade him for a 2020 first because I think he'll be worth a solid 2019 first this time next year and I get to actually use him this upcoming season.

I’d be shocked if this is the case.  If Coleman were in this year’s rookie draft, there’s a zero percent chance he’s in the top 10.  I guess beyond that, with the cliff after those top 8 rookie RBs, then Coleman might make some sense for a RB desperate team. But it’s an enormous gamble based solely on the hope that he’ll get a contract at age 26 which definitively makes him “the guy” next season. It’s just as likely he signs somewhere ala Hyde and then gets trumped by a rookie draftee, or even ends up back in Atlanta.  And even if he does get that contract, he’s probably not worth much more than a 1st and Howard. I’m rather pay a slight premium to that if/when you know the outcome than pay 1st/Howard today.  Guess I don’t see the logic in that gamble right now.

I'd have him ranked in my top 10, probably as RB 6 or 7,  so there goes your zero percent chance. I would NOT trade him for a 2020 first because I think he'll be worth a solid 2019 first this time next year and I get to actually use him this upcoming season.
Yeah, I'd put him at RB7 myself ahead of Kerryon Johnson and Royce Freeman. I would put D.J. Moore ahead of him and would rank him comparably to Calvin Ridley so I think he's worth around the 8th or 9th pick in this draft.

It’s not shocking at all. He’s shown plenty of capability on the field and those that have him expect the jump next year in free agency. Those that are buying feel the same way. Freeman is still recovering from the knee injury and Coleman could easily get more share this year, either way he’s a  useful RB2 with weekly RB1 upside which is worth a lot more than a hope 2 years from now. Howard as a 2nd year TE just had his ho hum counterpart sign a massive 40M+ deal so his fantasy relevance could continue to be limited. 

His mizelle startup ADP is round 5 and still ahead of All but the top 6 Rookie RBs even given post NFL draft  rookie euphoria. In a timeshare he has been a RB2 who can deliver RB1 numbers as the lead. Last year he put up 15, 12 and 22 PPR points when Freeman was out weeks 10-12 which is a RB1 average. 

Coleman will be 26.4 at start of next season, Hyde will 27.9 big difference there as well. 

For me I wanted a lock top 5 2019 1 but I already own 4 2019 1’s so I went with the random 2020 1 and upside TE. I thought it was pretty fair myself.

Well I guess I’m far lower on him than you guys.  Preferring a 3rd round RB that might get a feature back shot at age 26 vs a couple 21-22 year olds drafted similarly (Freeman) or higher (Johnson) that appear to be hand selected to have that opportunity seems like a losing proposition.  But good luck.  

Surprised everyone likes the 1.02. I would think kelce alone would get 1.02/Doyle so adding the 1.12 puts me firmly on the kelce side. Everyone considering 1.02=guice or do you guys like someone else?
Since you asked I would take Guice at 2 and I would take Guice over Kelce with ease in a half a PPR league.

His mizelle startup ADP is round 5 and still ahead of All but the top 6 Rookie RBs even given post NFL draft  rookie euphoria. In a timeshare he has been a RB2 who can deliver RB1 numbers as the lead. Last year he put up 15, 12 and 22 PPR points when Freeman was out weeks 10-12 which is a RB1 average.
I don't necessarily disagree with the gist of your post and mid/late 1st is where I'd start thinking about him against this class as well, but one thing I've noticed regarding the Mizelle ADP and rookies is that the ADP is based on mocks, and in real drafts in my experience the rooks tend to go much higher than in mocks.

No one wants to be viewed as that guy with rookie fever when mocking, but when push comes to shove and they're building their real teams they go in hard for them.

12 team ppr, start 1-6 RB, 1-6 WR and 1-6 TE. Catch 22. getting younger:

gave: Rudolph and 2019 2nd

got: Gallup and 2019 3rd

still have Gronk and Howard

Yea I'd go the other way saying really good depth is hard to come by in a 14 team league.  
I understand that thinking...the structure of the deal makes sense...but in this case while I like both ARob and OJ they are guys I don’t feel strongly about right now...they are not players I am targeting for a few reasons and because of that this offer does not appeal to me...now if you really like those two (and I can see why) then it is a quality trade because they both have a ton of upside...

Agree I would have liked it a lot better with another of the top 6 RBs. What'd you get for the trade down? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have taken a RB at 6. I like the OBJ side post draft.

Agree I would have liked it a lot better with another of the top 6 RBs. What'd you get for the trade down? 
Same but I'd still take trade and deal OBJ.

It looks to me like he used the two move downs from 6-8-11 to pick up two of Gallup, Hines or Rosen with pick 2.7 used to get the third player. 

I'm guessing it boiled down to 1.6 for what ended up being Sutton, Gallup and Hines? Is that right Doc Dan? If so that's not horrible,  easy to see it working out, but without knowing your roster I likely still go RB at 6 and especially so if someone took Chubb in top 5 and I get one of my top  5 RB's.

If you took Rosen at 2.7 that's also a little high for me but I'm looking at this from angle of 12 team one start QB leagues so maybe I'm not valuing them enough. Lamar Jackson, I'd take him at 2.7 in the format I just said, a little high for me for Rosen.

Well I guess I’m far lower on him than you guys.  Preferring a 3rd round RB that might get a feature back shot at age 26 vs a couple 21-22 year olds drafted similarly (Freeman) or higher (Johnson) that appear to be hand selected to have that opportunity seems like a losing proposition.  But good luck.  
At this point I don't really care where Coleman was drafted, it's literally zero part of the equation for me at this point.

I'd take Kerryon over Coleman,  but I'd take Coleman over Freeman and Chubb-which I guess on your end is even worse as you appear to factor in draft pedigree pretty heavily.

You were pretty down on this trade but somehow it's gone from a 2 year future first to debating this trade against player who went as mid to high firsts in this years draft. Just to be clear , I'd take a random 2019 first for all these RB's, over Coleman, Kerryon, Freeman, Chubb,etc,etc. I'm really not a big fan of this draft after class after the top 5 players but some drafts I can get a top 5 player at 7 or 8. But I'd take all of those players over waiting 2 full years for a return. Depending on league format a random 2020 first is on par to me as a current mid to high second, waiting two years is no small deal to me. I got patience for a year, not two.

I'd take Kerryon over Coleman,  but I'd take Coleman over Freeman and Chubb-which I guess on your end is even worse as you appear to factor in draft pedigree pretty heavily.
Yes, I would factor in draft pedigree when comparing what will be a 26 year old whose value is baked into the assumption he’ll land a feature back role in FA vs two 21-22 year old rookies who appear to be hand selected by their GMs to (likely) carry the load.  To assess those players any other other way will most often result in a failed outcome IMO.  But I don’t doubt that somehow, be it injury or FA, Coleman provides some value.

12 team ppr 1/1/2/1 2 flex:

1. Gave:

Team A. Burkhead and Tavon Austin

for

B. Jack Doyle

TEs are scarce.

C. Brandon Cooks

for

D. Baldwin

D is a contender, C is not.

12 team ppr 1/1/2/1 2 flex:

1. Gave:

Team A. Burkhead and Tavon Austin

for

B. Jack Doyle

TEs are scarce.

C. Brandon Cooks

for

D. Baldwin

D is a contender, C is not.
I'll take Doyle and Cooks.  

It's surprising to me that people would trade Cooks even-up for Baldwin who has similar  #'s but is 5 years older.  It is even more surprising that a non-contender would do so.

A dynasty league with salary cap concerns.  Standard scoring, no PPR.  

Give:   M Ryan, C Godwin, J Landry, 1.02 and 1.11
Get:  A Luck, C McCaffrey, M Evans, 3.10

12tm PPR. 1/2/3/1 1Flex

Gave: Mixon, 1.03 (Guice), Aaron Jones, '19 2nd
Got: Hunt, Agholor, Hogan

Gave: 2.01 (Anthony Miller), Albert Wilson
Received: Larry Fitzgerald, 2.11

The core of my team is now looking like
Carr
Barkley, Hunt, Fournette
JuJu, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Hogan, Ross
Howard, Njoku

12tm PPR. 1/2/3/1 1Flex

Gave: Mixon, 1.03 (Guice), Aaron Jones, '19 2nd
Got: Hunt, Agholor, Hogan

Gave: 2.01 (Anthony Miller), Albert Wilson
Received: Larry Fitzgerald, 2.11

The core of my team is now looking like
Carr
Barkley, Hunt, Fournette
JuJu, Fitzgerald, Agholor, Hogan, Ross
Howard, Njoku
Mixon/Guice in 1st deal

I prefer Miller/Wilson with your roster but, Fitz could help you contend for a title this year.

Team A already has Keenan Allen, Dante Adams, Adam Theilen, Sterling Shepard at wr. Fournette,Cook, A. Jones, K. Drake at rb. Garrapolo, Mahones and Trubisky at Qb in a ppr. Has 2nd overall pick in 2018.

Team A. D.Cook, Trubisky

Team B. Antonio Brown, Duke Johnson and 12th overall pick.

Team A won this trade (if it is a completed trade). Team B should have gotten more in value for AB alone. If you switch Duke/12 pick to the other side, then maybe this trade approaches fairness.

Of course, as it is shown player preferences can move the balance point in this trade in individual owners' eyes.

VolBoy said:
Team A already has Keenan Allen, Dante Adams, Adam Theilen, Sterling Shepard at wr. Fournette,Cook, A. Jones, K. Drake at rb. Garrapolo, Mahones and Trubisky at Qb in a ppr. Has 2nd overall pick in 2018.

Team A. D.Cook, Trubisky

Team B. Antonio Brown, Duke Johnson and 12th overall pick.
I'd keep Cook/Tribusky

menobrown said:
I believe you'll win this trade in 2018 and that will be the last time.
I agree.  I have a contending team with a big need for a 3rd WR this year as well as lots of young WR fliers and future picks so I felt it was a move worth making.  

The art of destroying an orphan team: 12 Team PPR

Here are the moves that were made by a new owner who had little to work with since this orphan takeover a month ago. I count 1 as very good but then he gave up the value later.

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 1.11 Get Doctson, Stills

Give Drake, 2019 1 Get McKinnon

Give Melvin G Get 1.5, Miller, Yeldon Taywan Taylor

Give 1.5 Get Aaron Jones, 2.8

Give Miller, Reed, 2.8, 2019 2 Get Engram, Thielen

Give Engram, Thielen Get 1.7, Drake, Brate

Give Drake, Conner Get Jamal Williams, Montgomery, 2019 3

Give McKinnon, 2019 3 Get 1.8, 2.4

Give 2019 3 Get Riddick, Seals-Jones

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Give Foreman Get Allison, 3.4

Give 1.7, 1.8, Doctson Get 1.4

Net of all this nonsense is:

Give: Melvin, Drake, Dez, Reed, 2.2, 2.4, 3.2, 2019 1-3 (these are looking early)

Get: 1.4, 2.3, 3.4, Aaron Jones, Jamal Williams, Montgomery, Yeldon, Stills, Riddick, Brate, Taylor, Allison, Seals-Jones

Team now:

QB: Brady, Carr

RB: Jones, Monty, Williams, Riddick, Yeldon

WR: Agholor, Stills, Jordy, Rishard Matthews, Djax, Sanu, Enunwa, Taywan Taylor, Allison

TE: Brate, Seals-Jones

Picks: 1.4, 1.13, 2.3, 3.4, 3.11

Here are the moves that were made by a new owner who had little to work with since this orphan takeover a month ago. I count 1 as very good but then he gave up the value later.

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Give: Melvin, Drake, Dez, Reed, 2.2, 2.4, 3.2, 2019 1-3 (these are looking early)

Get: 1.4, 2.3, 3.4, Aaron Jones, Jamal Williams, Montgomery, Yeldon, Stills, Riddick, Brate, Taylor, Allison, Seals-Jones

Team now:

WR: Agholor, Stills, Jordy, Rishard Matthews, Djax, Sanu, Enunwa, Taywan Taylor, Allison

:X

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Team now:

He traded Drake twice?

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Team now:

Bizarre.  Lots of bad stuff in there but 1.5 for A Jones/2.8 seems particularly revolting.

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Team now:

Drunk trading?

Give 2.2 Get Foreman

Give Dez Get 1.11

Give 2.4, 3.2 Get 2.3

Team now:

I feel like the highlighted ones are the worst. Thought he won easily getting engram and thielen and then gave them up for eh stuff. Then that's not a bad return if your not a fan of Gordon but then to get jones for the 1.5 is terrible. Also a great win to get the 1.11 for dez but then I woulda picked one of the WRs there then go with doctson

16 team IDP 1.5 TE league (2 tackle, 1 assist, 4 sack)

Amari Cooper, Clay "I broke my nose playing softball" Matthews, 2019 1st (Team was 1.4 this year), 2019 5th

For

Kerryon "my wayward son" Johnson, Brandon Cooks

12 team TE premium ppr, QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FLX, FLX

Draft day trade

Sent M. Ingram, 2019 1st (late)

Received J. Edelman, W. Fuller, 2.11 (S. Darnold), 2.12 (M. Andrews), 3.11 (B. Berrios), 4.05 (J. Lasley), 4.11 (A. Lazard), 2019 2nd (late)

Users who are viewing this thread