What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

Aunt Jemima said:
FFPC

Gave Mike Williams, Jimmy Graham, 2019 3rd, 2019 5th

Got Devin Funchess, Greg Olsen, 2019 2nd
I am not a Funchess guy so I like Williams > Funchess and Graham > Olsen so I would take that side even with the 2nd involved, but it's fair.

Gave: Lynch/2019 3rd

got: Chris carson

I own penny so now I have a little insurance. Have a stable of young backs so happy to get something for lynch. 
Before the season started last year I traded Lynch and got 2018 2nd round that turned out to be the 15th overall pick. Good trade for someone who has nothing much left in the tank but a sporadic game or two.

Tex

The second half of Fournette's season, coupled with his final year at LSU, raised serious durability concerns.
I'm kinda late to this one, but you mentioned several times that his ankle was problematic at the end of last season.  Fournette had 185 yards and 4 TDs in the last two games he played in the playoffs.

I'm kinda late to this one, but you mentioned several times that his ankle was problematic at the end of last season.  Fournette had 185 yards and 4 TDs in the last two games he played in the playoffs.

On 3.7ypc (3.4ypc for the whole playoffs).
To add to this, he bent his ankle in week 6 (which freaked me out because at the time the injury looked worse):

First 6 games: 130/596/4.58

Week 9 into postseason: 208/686/3.3

Granted he broke a few long runs those first 6 weeks, but I'd say a healthy ankle was a big assist to breaking the long runs.

I believe YPC to be the single most useless stat for projecting future outcomes.  But maybe that's just me.
Agree with respect to comparing two players on different teams or two players on same team used totally different. Pretty good indicator to me with respect to analyzing the same guy on the same team in the same year. Also YPC is not used to analyze his future in this context, it's used to analyze his past.

Pretty good indicator to me with respect to analyzing the same guy on the same team in the same year.
But no two games are the same, and the reason for a high YPC in one game/stretch of games can be due to a quirk of scheduling.  Guys and teams get hot for seemingly no reason and then regress back to their mean. 

Do we have any idea if Fournette's mean is 4.7 YPC or 3.5 YPC? 

Did his team excel against certain defensive fronts that were adequately scouted and gameplanned against later in the season?

Was there significant differences in game script that caused those differences?

All I can say is that I'm not doing the gruntwork to figure all of that out.

But no two games are the same, and the reason for a high YPC in one game/stretch of games can be due to a quirk of scheduling.  Guys and teams get hot for seemingly no reason and then regress back to their mean. 

Did his team excel against certain defensive fronts that were adequately scouted and gameplanned against later in the season?

Uncle. His ankle was fine all year. Nothing to see here.

He exceeded 4ypc in only 4 of 17 games last year so I think his mean was a lot closer to 3.5 than 4.7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get too far astray from what the initial discussion was about which was how someone could justify trading Mike Evans, L. Fournette and 2019 1st for Barkley. 

My response was meant to imply that it's difficult but not impossible. 

DEEP bench 12 team PPR league, (slight KR/PR return yards) - Back end of roster trade

John Ross, James Conner, Lambo (K) and Texans DST

for

Eifert, Cordarelle Patterson, Raiders (K), Lions DST and Michael Thomas (RAMS)

John Ross is the only potential valuable piece there IMO. Good buy low on Ross. 
I'm picking up Ross, and own AJ Green.  I liked Eifert a lot the back scares me.  If he somehow can stay healthy and be a redzone threat he's still young enough to be TE8-15 range. Multiple back injuries and now shoulder.  I also own Bell, I figure the Steelers will just upgrade in the draft early if Bell walks.

Here are a couple deals that went down in one of my leagues.  2 trades made by the same team with different partners.  

2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1flex .5ppr 10 team league

Team A got:  2.02

Team B got:  Case Keenum *Team B's starting QB's before the deal were Kizer/Hundley

Team A got:  JuJu, Njoku, 1.06

Team C got:  Kelce, Thielen, 2.02

Team C got:  Marshawn Lynch and Kelvin Benjamin

Team D got:  Austin Hooper and 2.06

Here are a couple deals that went down in one of my leagues.  2 trades made by the same team with different partners.  

Team B got:  Case Keenum *Team B's starting QB's before the deal were Kizer/Hundley

2.02 for Keenum stinks in superflex- solid talent available. Kind of hamstrung when you have two backups from the same team that have no chance to supplant the starter. 

I like the juju/njoku/1.06 side, but the kelce/theilen side I’m contending this year. 

Benji has lost a lot of value. Not long ago he was probably fetching a 1st rd pick or 2. 

FFPC PPR

Team A gave M.Evans

Team B gave B.Cooks, 2019 1st (league winner last year so late pick)
Like both players but would deal Cooks/1.10-1.12 for Evans all day. 

Jordan Howard, Chris Carson

2019 1st, 2nd, Yeldon 
Picks

A, A, D (C if not 2QB)

Zealots Field.  Non-PPR dynasty league.  Start 1QB/1-3RB/2-5WR/1-4TE.

Traded:

Amari Cooper and a 2019 2nd round rookie pick (should be in the middle of the round)

Received:

Keenan Allen

Reasoning - Cooper just hasn't given me the feeling of confidence I would like and, injuries aside, Allen has been a stud.

2019 1st, 2nd, Yeldon 
This seems cheap for Howard. I don’t understand how everyone can love ar15, Miller, burton, Mitch, Cohen, but not like the rb1 on the team who has had a couple solid seasons. I suppose if that 2019 1st has a chance to be top 4 I don’t have a problem with it but if it’s 1.08-1.12 I’ll take Howard. I like a fair number of prospects at this point but in a draft everyone is calling a down year I don’t get how everyone likes the picks for the established young vet. The guy had 2900 yds in his first two season, and by everyone’s account the offense will take a step forward with an offensive minded coach, but somehow joho is worth a couple flier 2019 picks?

This seems cheap for Howard. I don’t understand how everyone can love ar15, Miller, burton, Mitch, Cohen, but not like the rb1 on the team who has had a couple solid seasons. I suppose if that 2019 1st has a chance to be top 4 I don’t have a problem with it but if it’s 1.08-1.12 I’ll take Howard. I like a fair number of prospects at this point but in a draft everyone is calling a down year I don’t get how everyone likes the picks for the established young vet. The guy had 2900 yds in his first two season, and by everyone’s account the offense will take a step forward with an offensive minded coach, but somehow joho is worth a couple flier 2019 picks?
I understand. 2019 is actually not a down year once you look into it. 

I gave up Howard. and my main reasons were:

1. they tried to trade Howard. I don't think they want him so it's a matter of time before he ends up in a timeshare somewhere else. Sure, coach says now he wants him, what is he supposed to say, "yeah I came in and wanted to trade this guy. doesnt fit my scheme but we couldnt get a buyer so we're stuck with him"

2. Howard can't catch. Nagy runs an offense that requires a RB to catch passes. A RB like Hunt. Howard and Hunt couldnt be further apart from each other as far as skill sets go. a statement even Howard made. 

I don't understand how everyone can like Miller, Burton, Mitch, Cohen either. Well, I can understand Cohen. I think he is used a lot in the passing game. But the entire Bears offense, along with a pretty bad defense, is destined to earn a top 5 or 10 draft pick next year. 

I was quite happy getting rid of Howard because he doesn't fit the new system and could be in a RBBC in a year or two the way this NFL is moving toward that direction it seems.

I don’t see what’s wrong with the trade depending on their poster’s. It looks like a win-win trade.
Consensus is often wrong but seems to be the strong consensus in this thread and probably most people in general is that turning Evans into Cooks for a late future first was to light for Evans.

FFPC

Gave: Trey Burton, Kirk

Got: Engram

This was an unsolicited offer and accept trade I got this morning but it's perfect for my team IMO. The teams lineup looks like All-Star lineup except TE, Burton was the #1, and I had a serious need to free up roster room.

2019 1st, 2nd, Yeldon 
Howard is an odd one. He goes in round 3 of almost every  PPR redraft I see. I don't know his dynasty ADP but I'd just venture to guess somewhere in round 3. But I only own him in one league and he's hard as could be to get that kind of value back in a trade and I personally don't value him anywhere close to round 3 value in PPR dynasty or redraft.

So if I looked at this trade in terms of value with respect to where Howard goes it's a low return and value is clearly on the side getting Howard and Carson. But if this was the only trade I thought I could make to move Howard, I'd make it.

Howard is an odd one. He goes in round 3 of almost every  PPR redraft I see. I don't know his dynasty ADP but I'd just venture to guess somewhere in round 3. But I only own him in one league and he's hard as could be to get that kind of value back in a trade and I personally don't value him anywhere close to round 3 value in PPR dynasty or redraft.

So if I looked at this trade in terms of value with respect to where Howard goes it's a low return and value is clearly on the side getting Howard and Carson. But if this was the only trade I thought I could make to move Howard, I'd make it.
hes a very odd one. you either like him or have no interest

Consensus is often wrong but seems to be the strong consensus in this thread and probably most people in general is that turning Evans into Cooks for a late future first was to light for Evans.
I see, so Evans who’s had four 1,000+ Yards season yet very inconsistent in TDs was trade for Cooks who’s had three (since he’s become a starter in a full season) 1,000+ yards seasons and has been consistent in TDs from year to year  Plus a 1st 2019 pick?!?! Got it!

Overall I guess in terms of yards Evans has produce more and he might have a better career but if this game has taught us anything it’s all about the QB and I’d take Goff over Winston any day of the weekend LOL.

This trade looks even to me. Great trade for both.

To be clear, both are inconsistent from week to week. I was speaking in terms of NFL value or at the end of the year when I was talking about their yards.

Tex

14-team .5ppr 1 QB 1 RB 2 wr 1 te 1 flex

Team A gives: Late 2019 2nd + Deon Cain

Team B gives: Duke Johnson + late 2019 3rd

FFPC

Gave: Trey Burton, Kirk

Got: Engram

This was an unsolicited offer and accept trade I got this morning but it's perfect for my team IMO. The teams lineup looks like All-Star lineup except TE, Burton was the #1, and I had a serious need to free up roster room.
I like Engram side. Too much unknown with Burton and Kirk. Burton is coasting off a few good games and siphoning brand equity from Ertz and Kelce. 

I see, so Evans who’s had four 1,000+ Yards season yet very inconsistent in TDs was trade for Cooks who’s had three (since he’s become a starter in a full season) 1,000+ yards seasons and has been consistent in TDs from year to year  Plus a 1st 2019 pick?!?! Got it!

Overall I guess in terms of yards Evans has produce more and he might have a better career but if this game has taught us anything it’s all about the QB and I’d take Goff over Winston any day of the weekend LOL.

This trade looks even to me. Great trade for both,

Tex
Fair take and I would suspect @FreeBaGeL to be one who might agree with you and I only say might because I don't know how he values Cooks but he's big on posting that Evans has only had one WR1 type season.

But one thing I'd add to if as you say it's all about the QB. Goff over Winston is understandable, but as someone referenced earlier in this thread Cooks has spent his entire career playing with two of the greatest QB's of all time.

I'm a big Burton guy myself but I like the way you phrased that.
I personally like Burton for the opportunity (I liked it before Nagy came aboard). His indirect relationships to Ertz and Kelcie don’t matter to me at all. He flashed when given the chance. Engram carries his own unknowns with OBJ returning, and I view the trade pretty even.

Edit: rephrase to say: I liked the opportunity that came with UFA for Burton, but agree Nagy adds to the appeal. 

Fair take and I would suspect @FreeBaGeL to be one who might agree with you and I only say might because I don't know how he values Cooks but he's big on posting that Evans has only had one WR1 type season.

But one thing I'd add to if as you say it's all about the QB. Goff over Winston is understandable, but as someone referenced earlier in this thread Cooks has spent his entire career playing with two of the greatest QB's of all time.
Oh I agree 100% and I who current has agreed to trade Cook only because I believe that everything runs through Gurley AND Cook will probably never start in my lineup. I traded him for a 2019 1st round pick as well. Which I think is light for Cook. The trade was good for me because I currently have seven picks out of the 1st eleven so I’m making moves now because I need to see if White, Coleman or Doctson are going to pan out. If they don’t that pick will replace them accordingly.

Back on topic, in 3 years I don’t see Brees or Brady in this league while Goff will probably be a top 5 QB if he continues to develop and play like he did last year. So what’s to say that Goff won’t be a HOF like Bress and Brady? 

I actually believe Cook being traded to LA was the best thing that could have happened to him and his career. A young QB and a young WR growing together while there is still no replacement for Brees or Brady so the future is uncertain at QB for those two teams.

Tex

Users who are viewing this thread