What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I'd rather take a shot on upside of Ballage.
Clement has just as much upside and proved he could play.  

He's 5'10 220, not 5'9 195.  He isn't exclusively a 3rd down RB when he didn't even catch a lot of targets in college.  He caught 29 balls in 4 years... Ballage however did catch a lot (89 catches) and looked very pedestrian running through the tackles to me, despite his size at 6'2" 228.  I feel like Clement gets pigeon holed as this small COP back, which he isn't.  The only complication is Ajayi, but I've never been impressed by him so I easily take Clement here.  

12 team ppr

Team A gave up Clement, Corey PHI RB

Team B gave up Ballage, Kalen MIA RB
This one is tough, but I would probably take Ballage due to him being the likely starting RB. Clement is looking at the receiving role and maybe the full job in PHI next year, but I doubt it. Philly seems to like their RBBC like NE has. And that's not a bad thing. It's also very possible that Clement gets over-drafted next year or they bring in a better FA, and then he may hold no value.

Unless Clement gets the main job in 2019, Ballage should have more volume, and I will always take the more volume RB

Last edited by a moderator:
Clement has just as much upside and proved he could play.  

He's 5'10 220, not 5'9 195.  He isn't exclusively a 3rd down RB when he didn't even catch a lot of targets in college.  He caught 29 balls in 4 years... Ballage however did catch a lot (89 catches) and looked very pedestrian running through the tackles to me, despite his size at 6'2" 228.  I feel like Clement gets pigeon holed as this small COP back, which he isn't.  The only complication is Ajayi, but I've never been impressed by him so I easily take Clement here.  
Disagree strongly that he has as much upside and he showed he could make some play(s), he did not show he was worth putting in your fantasy lineup.

I think Clement is an overrated fantasy prospect, got some Dexter Jackson/Larry Brown stuff going on.

Disagree strongly that he has as much upside and he showed he could make some play(s), he did not show he was worth putting in your fantasy lineup.

I think Clement is an overrated fantasy prospect, got some Dexter Jackson/Larry Brown stuff going on.
I haven’t looked closely enough at Ballage to comment on this trade specifically, but I view Clement as a better NFL player than fantasy player. He’s a jack of all trades, but don’t see him carrying the load.

12 team dynasty PPR

Team A got. Luck, Chubb, M Bryant 

Team B got Mariota, J Kelly, C Edmonds, Mike Williams, 2019 1st (later) and 2019 2nd (later)

Probably so on most teams preferring team A and with how one feels about Chubb I'd guess as the biggest driver of peoples opinions. Give me the B side.
It all comes down to how I feel about the 3 players Team A is getting. I do not think Luck is going to be anything significant the rest of his career. IMO he's done for. But I could very well be wrong. I am convinced he had neural problems with his surgery. There's no other explanation that doesn't result in an additional surgery after they shut him down for good last year. And if his arm strength wasn't back by early 2018, it is what it is going forward. I am not expecting him to start week 1. And that should be a red flag. This is the perfect time to trade him because the press on his recovery isn't really out yet, and we will find more out once training camp starts.

Bryant I also dislike considerably. He has great opportunity but a possible looming suspension and really it's one strike and he's done in the NFL. I think his attitude and behavior will catch up with him and he will be another NFL player who squandered his talent.  

Chubb I do like, but not as a RB1 or maybe even RB2 for a while. I expect a Mixon like season year 1, and then if they move on from Hyde I kind of expect him to perform similar to Henry. 

I love Mariota this year. I think he's a top 10 QB this season and going forward. Williams I like as well, I think he's under rated. It's basically another 1st rounder with Williams. The picks are great. The RBs are throw ins, but decent handcuffs. I would like that side without those 2 RBs. 

To get 2 1st round picks (or equivalent), a 2nd, and Mariota for basically Chubb and maybe a flex player at WR IMO is great. 

If you dont like Chubb, flip him to someone who does.  B side easy right now
Why would I inherit and be tasked with trading a player I don't like when I like the talent I'm getting without needing to take on this task?

Either way not my style. I don't trade for players I need to trade. I just trade for players I actually want. I'm roster building, not value building. Both work, one is not my style.

If you dont like Chubb, flip him to someone who does.  B side easy right now
True, but you run the risk of selling cheaper. I did this earlier with Jordan Howard. Don't like him at all but I picked up a 1st in the process and flipped Howard for another 1st and more. I do think I sold Howard slightly cheaper than I should have but he's a lot like Chubb; you either like him or you hate him. And I didn't want to get stuck with him. 

This is the perfect time to trade him because the press on his recovery isn't really out yet, and we will find more out once training camp starts.
The perfect time to trade Luck passed long ago. I don't think anyone feels good about his recovery at this point. If you owned him you'd be far better off holding and hoping because you're not going to get anything in a trade now.

It all comes down to how I feel about the 3 players Team A is getting. I do not think Luck is going to be anything significant the rest of his career. IMO he's done for. But I could very well be wrong. I am convinced he had neural problems with his surgery. There's no other explanation that doesn't result in an additional surgery after they shut him down for good last year. And if his arm strength wasn't back by early 2018, it is what it is going forward. I am not expecting him to start week 1. And that should be a red flag. This is the perfect time to trade him because the press on his recovery isn't really out yet, and we will find more out once training camp starts.

Bryant I also dislike considerably. He has great opportunity but a possible looming suspension and really it's one strike and he's done in the NFL. I think his attitude and behavior will catch up with him and he will be another NFL player who squandered his talent.  

Chubb I do like, but not as a RB1 or maybe even RB2 for a while. I expect a Mixon like season year 1, and then if they move on from Hyde I kind of expect him to perform similar to Henry. 

I love Mariota this year. I think he's a top 10 QB this season and going forward. Williams I like as well, I think he's under rated. It's basically another 1st rounder with Williams. The picks are great. The RBs are throw ins, but decent handcuffs. I would like that side without those 2 RBs. 

To get 2 1st round picks (or equivalent), a 2nd, and Mariota for basically Chubb and maybe a flex player at WR IMO is great. 
Short version for me is I'd still take Luck over Mariotta but I don't like that as much as I like Mike Williams and the picks over Chubb and Martavis. Neither are whopping one side or the other, just what I like. Reason I say it likely depends a lot on how you view Chubb is he is the #2-#3 player for a lot of people. My #2 is Guice. So say we sub Guice for Chubb on this trade and I move the other direction on which side I'd take.

Edmonds and if he wins the backup job Kelly would both be nice handcuffs to own and I'd be happy to get them but would not have required it, just be happy the way it worked out and without knowing roster size I'd do all I could to roster both at least during the 2018 season.

The perfect time to trade Luck passed long ago. I don't think anyone feels good about his recovery at this point. If you owned him you'd be far better off holding and hoping because you're not going to get anything in a trade now.
In most leagues that is probably correct but just a few days ago in a league of mine someone threw Stills in with Luck to get Watson. Never hurts to shop.

Perhaps, but the last news I saw was that he was having a throwing camp at Standford. A lot of people seem to have high hopes for him to start the year. I feel like the lack of exceptional news is a bad sign. I was pleasantly surprised to see Brissett on my WW, especially since I am short at QB, so I was able to grab him. 

My #2 is Guice. So say we sub Guice for Chubb on this trade and I move the other direction on which side I'd take.
Agreed

12 team PPR

Team A got Guice, Stills

Team B got A Collins, M Williams, 2019 2nd
You're a busy guy. I like it. (I assume you're B) 

I've evolved into more of the negative Collins crowd. The more I look at his scenario the more I see it as a great sell high opportunity, so I did sell him high. I really like Stills... you see how many targets are unaccounted for with Landry gone, and I really don't see those going to Parker- who every season for the last 4 has been "this is the season." I think Stills gets a lot of those targets and does exceptionally well. 

I own Guice. I would not trade him for those 3. So I much prefer the Guice side. I think he's going to be a stud.

You're a busy guy. I like it. (I assume you're B) 

I've evolved into more of the negative Collins crowd. The more I look at his scenario the more I see it as a great sell high opportunity, so I did sell him high. I really like Stills... you see how many targets are unaccounted for with Landry gone, and I really don't see those going to Parker- who every season for the last 4 has been "this is the season." I think Stills gets a lot of those targets and does exceptionally well. 

I own Guice. I would not trade him for those 3. So I much prefer the Guice side. I think he's going to be a stud.
I like Stills as well, but how many of those previous seasons did the Parker hype train run into the target load of Landry? All of them. 160 *more* targets available in Miami now. I think Parker may actually pay off this year. 

Doesn't change the trade at all, just an observation.

I like Stills as well, but how many of those previous seasons did the Parker hype train run into the target load of Landry? All of them. 160 *more* targets available in Miami now. I think Parker may actually pay off this year. 

Doesn't change the trade at all, just an observation.
FTR I am trying to buy Parker or Stills because I completely agree with you on that. You could split them 50/50 between Stills and Parker and they'd both be monsters

12 team ppr

Team A gave up Clement, Corey PHI RB

Team B gave up Ballage, Kalen MIA RB
Interesting trade because on the surface I'd say they're pretty equal, high upside plays with feature back measurables.  But then I considered that Clement typically only pulls back a 3 rd in trade while Ballage is often going in the top half of the 2nd round in rookie drafts, which I guess means Clement is a bit undervalued.

You are right. I counted the second half of the season, which was only 7 games. 

Of course, you are ignoring his playoff game, which doesn’t fit your narrative...
Taking just the "last 8" which includes that playoff game the extrapolation is 4167/35.6/5.3, hardly a significant change from 4170/38/6 that leaving it out would.

Two random trades in a 12 team PPR

Team A gave LeSean McCoy

Team B gave pick 3.02

Team C gave pick 3.04 + 4.01

Team D gave T.J. Yeldon

Dr. Octopus said:
Albert Wilson and/or Danny Amendola could be seeing a lot of those targets - personally I wouldnt be targeting either of them though.
Yeah I considered them. And then decided that no it won't be them getting the largest share. It will be Parker. Or at least that's where my thinking is. Not banking on it. But I see it as the most likely. 

10 Team 2QB IDP dynasty league with standard scoring(no PPR) 

2 new owners rebuilding -

Team A moves: M Stafford/C Thompson/J Sheard/2019 5th

Team B moves:Flacco/A Morrison/2019 1st(4-8 range)

Team A moves:M Evans/M Barron/H Smith 

Team C moves: 11th pick this year/2019 1st

Team A now has 5 2019 1st rounders and has Brady/Garoppolo/Manning ; Cooper/JuJu/Thielen/Gordon/Hogan 

Team A now has 5 2019 1st rounders and has Brady/Garoppolo/Manning ; Cooper/JuJu/Thielen/Gordon/Hogan 
Both terrible for the teams getting the picks. 

I understand the notion of blowing up a roster to rebuild, I did that to mine this year. but this didnt get value in return and hurt more than it helped. 

First trade I think favors Stafford. It's just not enough for a 2qb league. it's basically what I got for Stafford in a 1 qb league. I would have just kept Stafford for the next 4 seasons and been set at qb.

Second trade is very cheap for Evans. should have gotten a young player in addition. 11th pick isn't terrible but Evans should get at least 2 top picks and a player

using fbg trade value chart, let's assume 2.1 is Sutton or Ridley. Both are given a value of 8. 2019 1st I assume is high. there are no Barkley talents in the draft so let's say its equal to Guice, 19. so that's a total of 27. Evan's has a value of 35. a guy like fuller or golladay added in would make this much more equal

Gave picks 3 and 20.

Got pick 2.

I viewed Barkley as far and away the #1 and Guice in a tier by himself at #2. At 3 I was going to take Chubb, so I decided to try and move up or move down because I don't think Chubb is worth the #3 with the competition in Cleveland.  The only player I wanted in the 2nd was James Washington, and he'd be gone by 20.

Even in a rebuild, I think Evans is more valuable than 2 late first rounders. He's a young WR that's been locked up with a fairly talented QB. He's the type of player you build around, not sell. But that's just my opinion.

I'd have sold for a top 4 pick and a 2019 1st maybe, but I still wouldn't feel great about it.

Gave picks 3 and 20.

Got pick 2.

I viewed Barkley as far and away the #1 and Guice in a tier by himself at #2. At 3 I was going to take Chubb, so I decided to try and move up or move down because I don't think Chubb is worth the #3 with the competition in Cleveland.  The only player I wanted in the 2nd was James Washington, and he'd be gone by 20.
Pick 20 you can expect to land maybe Lamar Jackson, which is pretty solid and might be able to flip him for much more in a year or two. I much prefer Guice over Chubb. I think you made out well here. I would do this trade to get #2 definitely. 

Gave McKinnon/Fuller

Got Gronk/late 4th rd pick
Not a McKinnon fan. He's a decent mid to low RB2 I suppose. Fuller I like a lot. 
Gronk I am not a huge dynasty fan of for several reasons

If you're going for the championship this year, then yes I like this deal for you. If you're not a contender this year, this deal only hurts you. 

Gave picks 3 and 20.

Got pick 2.

Totally agree and thus I like the deal for you.

Users who are viewing this thread