Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****

50 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

PPR NON-IDP 

Gave: AJ Green/Frank Gore

Got: Sterling Shepard/2019 1st

I think Shepard could approximate Green's numbers. Gore is toast. Im still rebuilding this team. 

I’m as high as anyone on Shepard so I’m fine with the deal. If you got yourself a guy in your 15-20 WRs dynasty tier, the deal is reasonable.

For all we know, Andy looked to the other WRs in his 15-20 tier and couldn’t get a late 1st added when he inquired on dealing AJ. If he didn’t, he should have. At worst, I’m sure he shopped AJ and didn’t like a package better than Shepard/1st. 

If I sell below market which I will, I get someone I like more than the market and didn’t like what else I could get on a declining asset. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Where's the proof

Startup drafts.  What is Green's ADP?  What is SHeperd?  What is the 10th or so rookie?

27 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

And in three dynasty leagues over about ten years (this is now league four) I've never had a trade go down where "trade bait" was chummed and it resulted in multiple competing offers. It's always one at a time.  It's a lot different, I think, when you're playing online with strangers. I wish it worked the way you suggest. It'd be more fun. 

I have no idea what you even mean here..  Are you talking about people making offers on the site and competing against each other with each offer being seen by the other owners?  

In every league I have ever been in, when someone put a player "on the block" on either the message board or a mass email, they received offers by multiple owners.  Every time.  Same for me whenever I have done that (talking about players with actual value).

I guess every league you are in is completely different in that regard?

17 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Startup drafts.  What is Green's ADP?  What is SHeperd?  What is the 10th or so rookie?

I have no idea what you even mean here..  Are you talking about people making offers on the site and competing against each other with each offer being seen by the other owners?  

In every league I have ever been in, when someone put a player "on the block" on either the message board or a mass email, they received offers by multiple owners.  Every time.  Same for me whenever I have done that (talking about players with actual value).

1) So none in actual existing dynasties? Only startups?

2) Yes. Is that so hard to believe? Again, I wish it did happen your way. It just doesn't - at least in Zealots which is all I've played in before this year. 

Edited by Andy Dufresne

16 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

This is the problem with looking at startups for value vs existing leagues. It may give a rough estimate but you can't always apply directly.

A player like AJG is a perfect example. In any given existing league, you're likely going to have at least 2-3 and more likely 4 teams that are rebuilding or at least looking to get younger.  AJG has little value to teams like that and they are unlikely to want to acquire, especially at any moderate price.

You also likely have 2-3 top teams that are already strong. Those teams likely already have comparable or better starters than AJG. His value to them is also depressed. 

Of the remaining 4-5 teams, not all owners will like him. Not all owners may think he fits their plans. Not all owners in the middle have enough to pay his price. 

So in the end, you may only have 1-3 owners where you can reasonably ship him to and his trade value for them may not equal his startup value. 

Every league is different, especially the more a league is established. 

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

This is the problem with looking at startups for value vs existing leagues. It may give a rough estimate but you can't always apply directly.

A player like AJG is a perfect example. In any given existing league, you're likely going to have at least 2-3 and more likely 4 teams that are rebuilding or at least looking to get younger.  AJG has little value to teams like that and they are unlikely to want to acquire, especially at any moderate price.

You also likely have 2-3 top teams that are already strong. Those teams likely already have comparable or better starters than AJG. His value to them is also depressed. 

Of the remaining 4-5 teams, not all owners will like him. Not all owners may think he fits their plans. Not all owners in the middle have enough to pay his price. 

So in the end, you may only have 1-3 owners where you can reasonably ship him to and his trade value for them may not equal his startup value. 

And each of those three teams could offer up more than his market value to not only get them, but keep him away from the other two teams.  It can work both ways.  I have not only paid for a player in that same scenario, but also received more because a couple teams who were competing with each other wanted to get stronger and also keep the other team from getting stronger. 

I understand when some people want to take the best offer they can possibly get, but geeze people, at least wait until close to the season starting.  A lot of fantasy owners are barely even tuned in yet.

41 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

This is an outstanding description of the situation. Well said. 

For me, I always *try* to shop around and will post on the trade bait and message boards, etc. But some leagues do kind of suck for responses and activity....and none of them are *so* active that I can expect a ton of action. I can't just get a bigger deal simply because it's theoretically possible. Sometimes I will take less than market simply because I feel I am improving my team in a significant enough way to warrant it, and I want to strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. But I'm also a little farther on the "willing to gamble" side of things. 

• Like 1

I also feel that having a gambler's reputation has helped me get extra value in some deals. If someone is about to make a mistake in terms of selling someone too low or buying too high, I might be one of the 1st teams to wake up to an offer. Similar to a loose but strong poker player, perhaps.

10 hours ago, JPeso said:

Bryant and Gallup for me. Long before the injury. 

Interesting. I don’t see Bryant ever becoming a reliable FF WR3. Gallup may eventually turn into the Dallas number one but with that offense and Dak I am not sure the upside is that great. When I watched Sony last year he was phenomenal. Maybe you own Bryant and Gallup as I don’t see how anyone would prefer that side otherwise.

4 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

The upshot here is that people that like Green probably have a good buying opportunity. 

I think you did fine.  I had AJ Green last year and nobody would give me much last offseason.  Now the owner with him is trying to move him and can't get near what people in this thread seem to be implying.

If that 2019 rookie pick you get is top 5 i think you did great in the deal.  In my dynasties nobody was giving up a top 5 rookie pick for him.

Is AJ Green undervalued in my leagues?  Maybe, but his trade value isn't very good right now from what i've seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, King of the Jungle said:

Interesting. I don’t see Bryant ever becoming a reliable FF WR3. Gallup may eventually turn into the Dallas number one but with that offense and Dak I am not sure the upside is that great. When I watched Sony last year he was phenomenal. Maybe you own Bryant and Gallup as I don’t see how anyone would prefer that side otherwise.

I’m not a Sony fan. He was my #10 and Gallup my #13. I didn’t land either in rookie drafts as I focused on other players. Moving down three spots and adding Bryant on the cheap is a bet I’ll make all day. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheMaddog said:

12 team non-ppr. 6pts all Tds. Not involved. Barkley hype continues to grow.

Team A: gives 1.01

Team B: gives d.johnson, s.watkins, 1.04

Wow. In my non-PPR league, Owner A traded Amari Cooper, Dalvin Cook, and 1.07 to Owner B for the 1.01 pick, and I thought I wouldn't see anyone go over that. The hype is out of control.

46 minutes ago, Shrek said:

Wow. In my non-PPR league, Owner A traded Amari Cooper, Dalvin Cook, and 1.07 to Owner B for the 1.01 pick, and I thought I wouldn't see anyone go over that. The hype is out of control.

I sure hope he is actually Jesus and not just the Tebow half

22 hours ago, Dez said:

Here is your first over reaction to the Michel news trade.  FFPC league

Michel

for

M-Bryant

Gallup

Future 2nd

FFPC roster spots are valuable, not right now so much but still.  I’ve had Sony at 8 and Gallup at 9 for the past 2 months at least so it’s veryclose.  Future 2nd and another upside play in Martavis makes this not even close for me.  I have plenty of doubts about Michel though and Gallup I’m higher on than everyone.

While I would take the DJ and pick side, to play devil's advocate a little I don't think that trade is as lopsided as it's being made out.

Watkins is still a name and he is a talent but he's really had such little production for a player that gets valued so highly in the community. If he disappoints in 2018, and with a crowded pecking order for targets and a virtual rookie QB that's possible, does he get another reprieve?

The 1.04 is no sure thing (and yes, neither is Barkely despite the hype) and with Michel injured, Chubb and Jones potentially in time shares the pick seems to be losing a little value.

I love DJ, but he is already 26 and will turn 27 in-season. If he struggles a bit in a new system with a poor o-line - his value only goes downhill.

I realize this is a lot of "ifs" so like I said I take the other side, but by next offseason if Barkley comes close to the hype we can be looking at it like a top 3 start up pick (or even the 1.01) was traded for a fourth, fifth and sixth round start up pick.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

While I would take the DJ and pick side, to play devil's advocate a little I don't think that trade is as lopsided as it's being made out.

Watkins is still a name and he is a talent but he's really had such little production for a player that gets valued so highly in the community. If he disappoints in 2018, and with a crowded pecking order for targets and a virtual rookie QB that's possible, does he get another reprieve?

The 1.04 is no sure thing (and yes, neither is Barkely despite the hype) and with Michel injured, Chubb and Jones potentially in time shares the pick seems to be losing a little value.

I love DJ, but he is already 26 and will turn 27 in-season. If he struggles a bit in a new system with a poor o-line - his value only goes downhill.

I realize this is a lot of "ifs" so like I said I take the other side, but by next offseason if Barkley comes close to the hype we can be looking at it like a top 3 start up pick (or even the 1.01) was traded for a fourth, fifth and sixth round start up pick.

I agree and think it would be far more lopsided if it was Duke. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheMaddog said:

12 team non-ppr. 6pts all Tds. Not involved. Barkley hype continues to grow.

Team A: gives 1.01

Team B: gives d.johnson, s.watkins, 1.04

Wow! That's quite a haul.

I traded DJ for 1.01 and 2.01 about three months ago, and I had to think about that (I'm a Cards fan and so is the new DJ owner). The price has gone WAY up since then I guess.

I would take the DJ side on this. I'm a pretty big Penny fan, so the thought of getting DJ AND Penny plus Sammy (who I don't really care about) would be very enticing.

6 hours ago, Zyphros said:

FFPC roster spots are valuable, not right now so much but still.  I’ve had Sony at 8 and Gallup at 9 for the past 2 months at least so it’s veryclose.  Future 2nd and another upside play in Martavis makes this not even close for me.  I have plenty of doubts about Michel though and Gallup I’m higher on than everyone.

Your the odd bird of the bunch then because Michel ADP was around 4 to 5 while Gallup was going 2nd round.

1 hour ago, Dez said:

Your the odd bird of the bunch then because Michel ADP was around 4 to 5 while Gallup was going 2nd round.

Michel didn’t go before #7 in any of my 6 FFPC leagues. 

Edited by JPeso

2 hours ago, tombonneau said:

14-team .5ppr 1rb 2wr 1te 1flex

Team A gets: Cooper, Kittle, 2019 low 1st (10-14)

Team B gets: OBJ, 2019 high 3rd (1-4)

I’ll take Cooper and Kittle with the late 1st ...

i think OBJ had his moment - and is gonna wash out. He went too far into the “super star” zone ... I see him burning out and just being a headache to every roster he’s on. 

Soft tissue injuries constant because he isn’t a technician 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, tombonneau said:

I'd imagine most Graham owners would auto-accept that deal.

I think if you're rebuilding then the pick makes more sense and if you're a playoff team or better then Graham is better unless you're especially deep at TE.

1 hour ago, JPeso said:

Michel didn’t go before #7 in any of my 6 FFPC leagues. 

Ffpc devalues slow developing or unsafe rb prospects because of the short rosters and because the ppr and roster size make receivers intrinsically more valuable. 

That's a really important asterisk next to your posts when you tak about stuff like this.  

8 hours ago, bostonfred said:

Ffpc devalues slow developing or unsafe rb prospects because of the short rosters and because the ppr and roster size make receivers intrinsically more valuable. 

That's a really important asterisk next to your posts when you tak about stuff like this.  

FFPC is what Dez and Zyphros were referring to, so no asterisk was needed as I was the one piggy-backing. 

10 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Just saw this in FFPC: 

Team A gets JAX D/ST and JuJu  

Team B gets  BAL D/ST and Mike Evans. 

Not sure how I feel about that...

I’ll take Evans, but don’t think it’s too far out there. 

16 hours ago, tombonneau said:

14-team .5ppr 1rb 2wr 1te 1flex

Team A gets: Cooper, Kittle, 2019 low 1st (10-14)

Team B gets: OBJ, 2019 high 3rd (1-4)

This seems kind of low for OBJ. I feel like I moved him for so much more just ~75 days ago (Cooper, Engram Guice and more that turned into Hines, Rosen, Gallup, Sutton)

Edited by Dr. Dan

21 hours ago, Snorkelson said:

I can see the guy who won last year moving his first to have a te upgrade this year, perhaps he had hunter henry or was simply weak there. 

Was actually the opposite, league winner moved Graham. It is kind of a hybrid dynasty league - only keep 10 players each year.

Edited by ex-ghost

10 minutes ago, Snorkelson said:

I assumed the 1.12 owner was the winner

Your previous response said that "I can see the guy who won last year moving his first to have a te upgrade this year, perhaps he had hunter henry or was simply weak there."  The guy who won moved Graham, not his first. The 1.12 was a traded pick to another team that then came back, that must be where the confusion is.

12 team PPR; QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/QB Flex

Gave: Jimmy Garoppolo, Jerick McKinnon, Corey Davis, 1.12

Received: Le'veon Bell, TJ Yeldon, 4.04

I'm sure this will be considered an overpay. However, I had depth at QB and WR to spare (McKinnon was the only guy I gave up that would have likely started consistently for me). I didn't really value the 1st round pick because my roster was maxed out on QBs and WRs before the trade, I have Gronk at TE, and all the good RBs would have been long gone by the 12th pick. I have Fournette, so Yeldon was a throw-in to give me his handcuff. Trade partner is taking over a team that was complete trash outside of Bell and is still likely a long way from competing, which makes the overpay easier to stomach. 

• Gottabesweet changed the title to ****OFFICIAL 2021 IN- SEASON DYNASTY TRADES****